PDA

View Full Version : Lend me a helping hand?

Fail2care
Aug 24, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone, names Tyler. I'm a former PSO player. I used to play alot a long time back and now I was considering playing again. I was just wondering what is the most recent PSO and if it's worth playing. If so, is it time consuming? I'm looking for a game with alot of detail, a decent amount of character custumization pesonalization. I play WoW atm, and I've come to find it is very time consuming now and between a girlfriend and college it's very difficult to get ahead. Also, I was wondering if there was a decent amount of players.

If somebody could update me with some info on the basics and how the game works I would really appreciate it :] thank you.

Volcompat321
Aug 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
PSU is not very time consuming anymore, and you can customize almost everything about a characters looks, and personal room.
Some say it's not a great game, but some say it's great.
If you were to play that, I'd suggest the 360 version, as it has more of a population.

You could also play PSO Blue Burst on a private server, (we are not allowed to talk about it exactly) but forum rules say if you pay close attention, you may get a well informed private message about how to access it).
PSO BB doesn't take up too much time, I started playing about a month or two ago, and I leveled up pretty fast playing with a bunch of people.
Since you used to play PSO, it could be a great chance for you to get back into it, but with a computer!

Freeze
Aug 24, 2009, 05:16 PM
If you have a decent computer Blue Burst is a good choice. If you do choose to try PSU and you have a 360 then the demo is a good way to try the game without having to pay. Just remeber the demo is only a tiny sampling of the game and DO NOT judge the online comunity by those you meet on the demo.

Fail2care
Aug 24, 2009, 05:38 PM
Thank you very much for the reply. Honestly I had no idea there was a pc version, and this PSO BB I also have never heard of. I'm guessing its similar to a wow private server? Since we're not aloud to talk about, is there anymore info on it somebody could "not give me"? I'm pretty interested in the game and I'm pretty set on giving it a try. Oh, how much does it cost monthly or is there even a monthly fee? Last i remember it was about $6 a month?

Volcompat321
Aug 24, 2009, 09:09 PM
PSO BB private servers are free, it is a private server. It's already illegal to have one, (not to play on, so don't worry), so if they charged SEGA would have a large lawsuit.
No monthly fee at all. PSO BB is just like PSO, but with some online only stuff.
I'm not 100% sure on all the differences.

Fail2care
Aug 24, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ahhhh, yes i understand. Ive played on private servers before. Granted they were not PSO servers, but im sure they are similar. I'd love to get ahold of the information on how to make an account and play on that server, i'd sooo do it.

Volcompat321
Aug 24, 2009, 10:19 PM
Check your personal messages.

MattyNator26
Aug 28, 2009, 10:34 PM
Ahhhh, yes i understand. Ive played on private servers before. Granted they were not PSO servers, but im sure they are similar. I'd love to get ahold of the information on how to make an account and play on that server, i'd sooo do it.

never played on pso: bb servers before but would LOVE to try them, is there any1 who can 'not' give me some information on how to 'avoid' the server?