PDA

View Full Version : differences in the drop rate or spawn rate?

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 09:08 AM
Heya everyone,
This is my first post here are PSO-World and I want to start out by passing along a fond greeting to everyone still here in this community.

I've been a HUGE fan of PSO sinse its launch in early 2000 on the DC... I played Ver 1 like it was laced with cocain and did the same for Ver 2. When the GameCube version of Episode I & II was released I was right on it. In fact, I play Ep I & II to this very day, along with four or five of my close friends and co-workers.

I am currently working my way to level 200 on my HUmar, sinse the last time I played my data was corrupted due to a thunder storm that shut my power off while saving (many years ago).

Presently he is level 123 and mindlessly roaming the forrests of Ragol for Pal Rappies. (Oh, he's a Pinkal so he's looking for an Real Agito).

Its never been my way to cheat, hack, or in any other way alter the game from its original state, so I have only items I've found and mags I've raised myself.

Becouse this is also true of my compatriots, we have colectively amassed quite a collection of nice items for our various classes.

Well, anyway, despite my years of addictive fandom, I've still got many questions that I hope can be answered by some of you other fans ^^.

Firstly... I was wondering if there were any major differences in the drop rate or spawn rate of rare mobs from Ep I & II to Ep I & II Plus. When hunting for Pal Rappies previously I found an average of 1 Pal Rappy for every 3 times I went through "The Fake in Yellow". Sinse I've played Plus, I've found zero... zero rare mobs anyway, and I noticed a significant decrease in the number of rare items I find.

Rather than asking other questions here I'll wait and see some responses before I trouble anyone else with more.

Thanks in advance,

Freeze
Aug 25, 2009, 10:01 AM
Most of this post should be in Lounge so you can have an officail welcome, but Welcome to PSOW. The drop rates are the same for Plus as is non plus. Sounds like your going through a dry spell, it happens to the best of us. Just keep searching and you'll start to see Palrappies again.

Shotgun100
Aug 25, 2009, 11:26 AM
How do u actually play all the orignal quests like in Ep 1 & 2 as i cant sem to find them anywhere?

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 11:32 AM
How do u actually play all the orignal quests like in Ep 1 & 2 as i cant sem to find them anywhere?

You can't actually play the Quests in Ep 2 until you've defeated the Gal Gryphon and gained access to the Seabed.

Then you just talk to the Hunter's Guild Manager the same way you would in Ep 1.

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 25, 2009, 02:42 PM
I seem to have slightly more luck with Plus that I had with Ep. 1&2, it's just bad luck.

Actually, since I believe the drop rates for rare enemies has always been 1/512, and there are about 50 rappies per FiY, then I think what you had before was good luck, and now you might have normal luck.

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 04:25 PM
I seem to have slightly more luck with Plus that I had with Ep. 1&2, it's just bad luck.

Actually, since I believe the drop rates for rare enemies has always been 1/512, and there are about 50 rappies per FiY, then I think what you had before was good luck, and now you might have normal luck.

Than statistically I think I'm boned, becouse the last time I found a Pal Rappy was in a sequence of 3, consecutive runs through the quest. :(

Also, just out of curiosity, what it officially released that the rare mob spawn rate was 1:512 or was that just done by addition later from player reports?

ViewtifulJoe
Aug 26, 2009, 02:40 AM
I heard it some random place, and it seems pretty consistent with my experience, so I just stuck with it. If it's not that, it's pretty close to that.