PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 10:57 AM
Heya everyone,

I was re-directed here to post a short introduction for myself as a new member of what looks like a great PS community.

My Name is Philip, but handles are the order of the day on the internet so my name seems somewhat irrelivent. In any case, I've been a huge fan of the PS franchise for many years and hopefully will be for many more to come.

On a side note. I've begun talking to some administrators for SEGA NA and whilte what we talked about didn't lead to anything solid, it did end on a hig note. SEGA is still very interested in its fans, and like most companies, it wants to make products it knows will sell.

To that end, I've suggested the release of a new game, currently just "PSO 2" for this current generation of consoles. The game will include all of the content of PSO Ep I & II as well of ALL of the content previousy available only online. It wil also feature a new single player story mode, split-screen multi-player offline mode and hopefully a LAN and or Network mode to allow up to 4 player to link up remotely and play. Abviously, as asequal it will also feature new environments, items, weapons, monsters, and a few new classes... everything a grrat new sequal should have. It also, sinse the Wii supports GC cards and dics it may also be compatable with older versions ^^

I will be making a formal presentation for all this to some admins in not too long and it always helps to have the support of the fans and people with interest.

I'll say for the sake of clarity that nothing is official at this point and may never be; but with enough support and interest it is quite likely we will see some new PSO action in the future.

Anyone interested in this is welcome to contact me here on this boards on this thread or in private messeges.

Sorry for the long post, and I hope to see you all around the forums ^^

TrekkiesUnite
Aug 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
Go play PSU instead.

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 11:30 AM
Go play PSU instead.

Nah, PSU is full of fail.

I played it, beat the offline story mode (the only mode I enjoyed) and put it back on the shelf. Its been collecting dust while I play PSO.

CupOfCoffee
Aug 25, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking about starting up a new PSO character today myself, even though I can't play online anymore. To PSO!

*glasses clink*

And to nostalgia!

*glasses shatter*

Dhylec
Aug 25, 2009, 12:56 PM
Welcome.
Ya sure got some ideas, but ultimately it's up to Sega. We might want this & that, but they don't always materialized. A lot of reasons why or why not, but we (the fans) play what they release. ;]

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome.
Ya sure got some ideas, but ultimately it's up to Sega. We might want this & that, but they don't always materialized. A lot of reasons why or why not, but we (the fans) play what they release. ;]

Nothing happens unless some one makes it... and it's never been my way to sit back and wait. This will happen... just a matter when

Meyfei
Aug 25, 2009, 03:37 PM
not to sound like an idiot but i think it should be PSO 5, seeing how PSO 2 technically is PSO episode2 :)

but yeah i support ya man, what's a PSO-world without the PSO i say!

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 04:52 PM
not to sound like an idiot but i think it should be PSO 5, seeing how PSO 2 technically is PSO episode2 :)

but yeah i support ya man, what's a PSO-world without the PSO i say!

Yup yup. I'll be the first to admit that I am total fanboy. I hold PSO above all the produtcs of the PS franchise (although the previous RPGs were great as well).

PSO has unlimited potential. There are so many things to be added that could be wonderful if done correctly. The stories in Ep I & II could easily be expaded on. and lots of gameplay could come of it...

My interest in the world of PSO has led me to take a closer look at things like PSU and I've decided (becouse of that) to start communication with SEGA about getting a ball rolling on this new idea.

And we are communicating. Its slow at first, but like I said, the more people I have behind me showing interest in a potential sequal, the faster things will get done

Ryna
Aug 25, 2009, 05:03 PM
Are you familiar with Phantasy Star Zero? It incorporates many of the gameplay mechanics of PSO and makes a few improvements. The game is definitely worth looking at.

Welcome to PSO-World.

Vanzazikon
Aug 25, 2009, 05:17 PM
Nah, PSU is full of fail.Respect +1

Endymion07
Aug 25, 2009, 07:03 PM
Are you familiar with Phantasy Star Zero? It incorporates many of the gameplay mechanics of PSO and makes a few improvements. The game is definitely worth looking at.

Welcome to PSO-World.

I am familair with it. And I will probably buy and play it. But that doesn't mean that a "PSO 2" should not be made.

If a great game can be made, no need to abandon it just becuse something like it comes out also.

Freeze
Aug 27, 2009, 03:00 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/AmandaBBwelcome.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/iceburgwelcome-2.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/heidiwelcome3.jpg

Endymion07
Aug 27, 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Freeze ^^

I enjoyed the very pictographic greeting ^^

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Aug 27, 2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome! =^.^=