PDA

View Full Version : New battle features instituted on PSP2, will PSU ever?

Gibdozer
Aug 28, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yes I have posted on this before, but with the inclusion of this maneuver in the latest installment of Phantasy Star Portable my ire is up again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as of now there are no plans to bring this to the PSU servers in any future updates. The quick dodge, charged shots, and shield block are all huge advances in game play that after 3 years is becoming increasingly stale.

I see no reason that these upgrades should not be available to the loyal supporters of PSU, and I want them. Nay, I demand them and if I don't get them well then my feelings will be hurt!

Dragwind
Aug 28, 2009, 03:32 PM
Give it time. Who knows, they might decide to implement some of it in the future. It's too early to tell.

Gen2000
Aug 28, 2009, 04:13 PM
Heh, Black Nanoblast and Charge Shots, things people were asking for in original PSU about 2 years ago. Even without double axes, the Black Nanoblast is still surprising to hear about.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'd have to say "no".

Sega isn't going to put that much work into recreating the battle system with those abilities. The Just frames were probably the extent of what they could do with the game already. Besides, they're not going to up the difficulty on anything if they did put it out. The dodge rolls and shields would make things just that much easier. And I'm sure you'll agree, we don't really need that.

Dragwind
Aug 28, 2009, 06:46 PM
The dodge roll is already in PSU if it's the same animation they use for the CAST enemies. The shields are probably just added to the blocking arm as usual, but probably just stay there. I also agree that while they're probably cool features, they most likely won't be needed unless there are some really hard missions that will require it.

hunterseifer
Aug 28, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'd have to say "no".

Sega isn't going to put that much work into recreating the battle system with those abilities. The Just frames were probably the extent of what they could do with the game already. Besides, they're not going to up the difficulty on anything if they did put it out. The dodge rolls and shields would make things just that much easier. And I'm sure you'll agree, we don't really need that.

What he said

Gibdozer
Aug 28, 2009, 10:13 PM
I'd have to say "no".

The point isn't whether or not these things are necessary, but that they would add significantly to the game play. Do I need charge shot, dodge roll, and shields? No, would they be enjoyable additions to my arsenal hell yes. Every time I see and enemy cast rolling and flipping around the screen I think damn why can't I do that!

Since the dodge is already in the game, and the charge shot couldn't possibly be that difficult to implement Sega could give these to us with very little effort!