PDA

View Full Version : Make Xfire display in-game on AOTI

Anon_Fire
Sep 1, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm trying to make Xfire come up in-game, but for some reason it won't work.

Somnia
Sep 1, 2009, 12:06 PM
Xfire doesn't support AOTI in game, as shown on the games list. It doesn't work for me either.

Neith
Sep 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
AoI DID work for a long time with Xfire, but one of the updates removed all compatibility. For a while, you could mess with the xfire_games.ini file to make it work in XP (I have no idea if it still works), but I haven't found any way at all to make it work in-game on Vista. No idea why Xfire doesn't support the game now.

If you're on XP, try this (though it may not work anymore):

1) Find your Xfire folder.
2) Open 'xfire_games.ini' (in Notepad if it asks)
3) Hit Ctrl+F, and search for [5252]. This is the code for AoI.
4) Delete everything in the [5252] section (you may want to backup what's there first).
5) Paste this into the gap:

[5252]
LongName=Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
ShortName=psui
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microso ft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Ambition of the Illuminus_is1\UninstallString
LauncherDirTruncAt=uninst\unins000.exe
LauncherExe=online.exe
DetectExe=PsuIlluminus.exe
PlayingDetectType=ByWindow
ProcessWindowTitle=Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=VALIDATE_USING_EXE_NAME|USE_DINPUT1|DI SPATCH_CONURE_MESSAGES|DISABLE_FOR_VISTA
RunElevated=1

Make sure there's a row of space either side of the entry.

6) Exit Xfire (totally), and restart it. Try PSU.

Using that, I managed to get it working in-game for a while on XP, but nothing I've tried works in Vista. This may not even work in XP anymore, as Xfire updates often.

Also, if it does work, you'll have to perform those steps everytime there's an Xfire update.

SuKKrl
Jan 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
I know that I'm reviving a topic that was probably rendered useless with today's news, but I'm just here to post a xfire_games.ini correction for PSU:AOTI.

About how you do it, the previous post has it perfectly explained

I found this one out that makes XIG 2.0 work with the game (it has minor bugs if you broadcast (you're not able to close the transparent webcam window). I wasn't the one who made it.

Just to make sure: ALL CREDIT TO MIGHTY FROM THE XFIRE FORUMS

[5252]
LongName=Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
ShortName=psui
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microso ft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Ambition of the Illuminus_is1\UninstallString
LauncherDirTruncAt=uninst\unins000.exe
LauncherExe=online.exe
DetectExe=PsuIlluminus.exe
PlayingDetectType=ByWindow
ProcessWindowTitle=Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|VALIDATE_USIN G_EXE_NAME|USE_DINPUT1|DISPATCH_CONURE_MESSAGES
RunElevated=1

As with every xfire_games.ini change, you do have to reapply it every time it updates as it places the official xfire_games.ini on top of it.