PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 September 3rd Update Teaser - New Clothing

Mike
Sep 2, 2009, 08:44 AM
http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10334199691.html

A new blog post leads me to believe that we'll be seeing some new character introductions tomorrow. That's just a feeling though. The post also says that along with new default clothes and parts, there will be more than 50 other new clothes and parts in the game. Sounds good :)

After the fact edit: I was wrong :(

Blueblur
Sep 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Male CAST and human designs so I'm glad they confirmed other clothing and parts options.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 11:47 AM
Wow over 50 new clothes? Sweetness on a stick.

Burnsro
Sep 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
Good luck with these.

Well PSU went to the winner of the last console war so what makes you think that SEGA won't do the same this time? Especially with Monster Hunter Tri's success and Nintendo's push to get the number of Wii's connected online even higher.

panzer_unit
Sep 2, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm expecting each complete outfit to be 2-3 pieces each, so that's 16+ new outfits spread across men, women, casts, and caseals. I hope to see some I like.

Mysterious-G
Sep 2, 2009, 04:03 PM
This whole topic splitting that is going on in this forum section all the time is not good for me. >_>;;
(Thought I would be able to watch a teaser now. ;<)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 04:13 PM
I wanna watch the teaser now! Holy crap I'm freakin excited. Oh and MG, i just realized there is a group on here dedicated to the fashion of PSU. Wow...where have I been?

Mysterious-G
Sep 2, 2009, 04:26 PM
Oh there actually are two groups on here dedicated to fashion. Though Kylie's The Dressing Room (http://pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=168)
goes all about real life fashion, too. ^^ (Although we talk about that, too, of course.)

But our group is not all about fashion!
The Phasion Group organizes a lot events, aswell! You might have heard about Phantasy Star Fever (http://psfever.smidgeindustriesltd.com//index.html) , PSU's biggest member event yet to date!

But enough of that. Way too off topic. :)

Mike
Sep 2, 2009, 06:19 PM
This whole topic splitting that is going on in this forum section all the time is not good for me. >_>;;

Yeah, I really have to learn how to make new topics...

Zimbabwe
Sep 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
50 new clothes? I hope this doesn't come at the expense of removing other clothes.
I don't want things removed. Just added. ^^

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
No I think they're adding these suckers. I mean, if we can import our PSP1 characters over appearance wise then we should be set. I mean, why would they completely ditch a few sportswear for women/men just for some crappy jacket and pants with wings on em? Who would wear that anyways? Its so tacky!!! RRRRG! God I hate that wing clothing! Its so impractical!

Blueblur
Sep 2, 2009, 08:23 PM
(Thought I would be able to watch a teaser now. ;<)
Seriously, why is that going on? Why isn't there just one catch-all PSP2 thread instead of 6 threads with 2-4 pages apiece?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 08:25 PM
Yea I just remembered this used to be apart of one whole topic and then like some sorta single celled organism it just split into a seperate entity.

Sorans
Sep 2, 2009, 08:36 PM
50 clothes and parts *-*! I'm gonna like this =D!
(I don't like this splitting of the PSP2 thread either at each news ><)

Can't wait to watch the teaser!

Mike
Sep 2, 2009, 08:39 PM
Can't wait to watch the teaser!

Teaser =/= video.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 09:03 PM
The talking about the teaser video is already teasing me about the tease of the new clothes.

Mike
Sep 2, 2009, 09:43 PM
And wouldn't you know that the teasers wearing the new clothes teasers in the teaser videos are just teases? What a bunch of teasing teasers.

Thor131
Sep 2, 2009, 09:57 PM
I just hope that these new cloths and parts are better than some of those in PSU/PSP1, But so far the default teaser Male Human, Beast, and Cast cloths / parts look reasonable enough to wear.

Sorans
Sep 2, 2009, 10:37 PM
Stop teasing us guys X'D!

WBMike
Sep 2, 2009, 11:51 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of the topic splitting.

So if we could say 50+ clothes divided by 4 would be about 12 clothes for fleshy males, fleshy females, casts and caseals. But I always suspect females will still gain more clothes than males.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 2, 2009, 11:56 PM
I think men will get more

Mike
Sep 3, 2009, 12:04 AM
Well, I was wrong. The update wasn't about clothes or characters but a Gural Channel 5 news show.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 12:03 PM
Wow, was that our tease? I feel let down. "Let's make a goofy show! EYE'M DRAGUN SAITOSHI! HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!". Eff that noise *goes back to playing FFXI*

panzer_unit
Sep 3, 2009, 01:43 PM
No I think they're adding these suckers. I mean, if we can import our PSP1 characters over appearance wise then we should be set. I mean, why would they completely ditch a few sportswear for women/men just for some crappy jacket and pants with wings on em? Who would wear that anyways? Its so tacky!!! RRRRG! God I hate that wing clothing! Its so impractical!

If we can import our clothes from PSP1 it's gonna be a case of ILLUMINUS COAT! FOREVER!!
Seriously it's like a leisure suit for the clinically bad-assed.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 02:21 PM
And Guardians Formal for the sophisticated woman.

Phaesphora
Sep 3, 2009, 08:49 PM
Some sophisticated women still want to wear flats. Here's hoping for one nice female kimono/yukata outfit.

Mike
Sep 3, 2009, 09:28 PM
Some sophisticated women still want to wear flats. Here's hoping for one nice female kimono/yukata outfit.

As in better than the PSP1 yukata? If you like the PSP1 yukata, you can import it along with with your PSP1 character.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
I think she's going for a full Yukata and not that skimpy one in PSP1. To which I agree whole heartedly. Not only that it would be pretty badass. I mean like O-Ren Ishii badass. But then again a Ronin style (Think how Auron wore his jacket from FFX)kimono would be equally awesome.

Anon_Fire
Sep 4, 2009, 02:34 PM
The Default Human Male looks like an Illuminus member.

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2009, 04:15 PM
The possibility of Bayonetta's suit, hm..... HMM......
That just would be too good I guess.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 4, 2009, 04:31 PM
The possibility of Bayonetta's suit, hm..... HMM......
That just would be too good I guess.

You know, I was just going to say this, but I didn't because it so wont happen... but we can dream.
Or just look at Bayonetta in the mean time.

Phaesphora
Sep 4, 2009, 05:11 PM
As in better than the PSP1 yukata? If you like the PSP1 yukata, you can import it along with with your PSP1 character.
Well... I didn't play PSP, but I'm guessing it had Miyabi-kata, was that it? That one is nice, but I was thinking something a bit more... fancy.

SubstanceD
Sep 6, 2009, 07:09 AM
I like the sound of 50 new clothes/parts although there was a lot of shit in PSU/AOI/PSP that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing. In particular I felt that alot of Casts parts looked really silly. Hopefully these new clothes and parts will look more exciting.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 6, 2009, 12:07 PM
I guess Bayonetta's outfit would be a logical choice. I mean, it's release is right around the corner and all.

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 7, 2009, 11:49 AM
I love the new human male design, we need more black hair boy protagonists they are awesome! I wish he had a name so I could main him as my Human...eh I think ill do it anyway, love his design. I love the CAST too but my Kireek is my main so no, time to scythe things up in PSP2!!

we need PSO type quests, where the NPC's are all mysterious and awesome, and not all clowns like those guardians.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 7, 2009, 11:57 AM
Yea, but no freakin scientists! Unless they are Gordon Freeman then no. I remember the horror that was that one quest in PSO where you had to baby-sit that stupid effin scientist through the Caves area AND fight De Rol Lee. Without him dying. What a pain in the ass that mission was.

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 7, 2009, 12:00 PM
lol Mome? he didn't gave me any problems, but is because I was Kireek you see, hehehe.

Arika
Sep 8, 2009, 10:30 AM
50 other new clothes and parts.

sound too good to be true. I think they might count 1 set of outfit as 3 clothes. so in the end. only around 20 new clothes. (fresh 10, Cast 10)

relentless
Sep 8, 2009, 12:25 PM
Whatever the amount, I'll have fun looking sexy all over again! :D
I liked the personal challenge of finding something very unique with that clothes variety in PSU to show off. Too bad I didn't get too much of the "Phasion" part, but I'll once again have some fun with making awesome looking chars again. :o

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 8, 2009, 01:27 PM
Its between the red Helga outfit and that black Haseo gear that got me excited. Can't wait to actually see some REAL in game pics. Not just the crap with the sample characters.

panzer_unit
Sep 8, 2009, 04:04 PM
Yea, but no freakin scientists! Unless they are Gordon Freeman then no. I remember the horror that was that one quest in PSO where you had to baby-sit that stupid effin scientist through the Caves area AND fight De Rol Lee. Without him dying. What a pain in the ass that mission was.

Through the mines actually, and it was so much worse for Casts... having to play life support with Resta on hand was hard enough, I HAD TO FARM A STACK OF STAR ATOMIZERS EACH TIME I WANTED TO TRY THE MISSION /baggage

Mike
Sep 8, 2009, 05:19 PM
Through the mines actually, and it was so much worse for Casts... having to play life support with Resta on hand was hard enough, I HAD TO FARM A STACK OF STAR ATOMIZERS EACH TIME I WANTED TO TRY THE MISSION /baggage

Mome was rough. I'm kind of glad they changed it in the later version so he played dead during the boss fight.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 8, 2009, 05:22 PM
Yea I remember that for Ep.1&2. I grinded like crazy before taking that mission. Then when he played dead I was like "Sunnava bitch...Good Boy! Who wants a biscuit?". Then it wasn't so bad. But oooooooh god the very first time...

Alma
Sep 12, 2009, 08:31 AM
i hope this is not repost...

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5089/up14003.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/up14003.jpg/)

Arika
Sep 12, 2009, 09:44 AM
It says in that page about SEGA ask Shonen Jump manga drawers to design costume/weapon. (Project SEGAxJump) and there are 6 people who already stated to help on this.
the one who draw Shaman king.
the one who draw M X Zero
the one who draw TO Love RU.
And the other 3 are mangas that I never read.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 12, 2009, 12:00 PM

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5089/up14003.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/up14003.jpg/)

This can only result in awesome. I can't wait to see these clothes, nothing against original PSU clothes but there were like 3 or 4 outfits at most that I loved. The PSP2 default clothes are already stylish enough, now we get exclusively designed collaboration clothes! I'm so excited! :D

relentless
Sep 12, 2009, 12:26 PM
the one who draw TO Love RU.
And the other 3 are mangas that I never read.

To-Love-Ru artist? lol Hmm... the characters he drew were very nice, but the outfits...
Could I have the titles of the 3 other mangas?

Blueblur
Sep 12, 2009, 01:38 PM
At the very least, these designs are a lot more inspired than most of PSU's clothing. Also, judging from the second screenshot it looks like you can toggle health bars above other players in your party. I typed 'toggle' because I haven't seen that in the other PSP2 screenshots.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 12, 2009, 02:31 PM
At the very least, these designs are a lot more inspired than most of PSU's clothing. Also, judging from the second screenshot it looks like you can toggle health bars above other players in your party. I typed 'toggle' because I haven't seen that in the other PSP2 screenshots.

Hmmm I never noticed that second screenshit, looking closer at it, I don't think thats a normal mission so those might not be HP bars. It could be some kind of challenge mode, or it could be battle mode and those are HP bars that appear in it. Theres a bar to the right under the map and some weird pole type thing in the middle of where those characters are standing.

Mike
Sep 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
The mangas listed are:

M x Zero
Boboboobo Boobobo
Fujin Kangi
Jaguar
Shaman King
To Love-ru Trouble

I wasn't sure how to write that Jaguar one. I can't see a Boboboobo colaboration as anything but a joke though :D

The weapon and clothes have a name as well. The weapon is named "Art Sharperin" (a play on the Japanese word for mechanical pencil) and the clothes are called "Loveling Fazer."

Arika
Sep 13, 2009, 01:30 AM
Hmmm I never noticed that second screenshit, looking closer at it, I don't think thats a normal mission so those might not be HP bars. It could be some kind of challenge mode, or it could be battle mode and those are HP bars that appear in it. Theres a bar to the right under the map and some weird pole type thing in the middle of where those characters are standing.

actually, it wrote at the top of that screen shot in Japanese and say
"Vs mission? "

WBMike
Sep 13, 2009, 01:55 AM
It's for the battle mission (if you remember the one where you saw players jumping across the lake.) There's this yellow swirly thing, I guess you collect them or something..

landman
Sep 13, 2009, 05:51 AM
Don Pachi sword is already in PSŲ :-D I want a Bobobo Whip, or a dengaku cannon (like the laser panon lol)

WBMike
Sep 15, 2009, 04:00 AM

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/psp2.jpg

Here's a somewhat blurry scan