PDA

View Full Version : Leveling after 100.

unicorn
Sep 2, 2009, 11:15 PM
Where do I level up after 100?

It seems like its smooth sailing...until I hit lvl 100. Now my level won't budge. It seems to go incredibly slow. This is mainly due to me not finding parties (and welcoming parties at that).... but I can't really help that.

I really want to be able to solo missions with my level 10X Newman techer, but I'm not happy with my times on missions. If I had a couple more levels under my belt I'd be set, but its taking TOOO long.

Its sooo bad, I havent even played the game in a couple of weeks because I just can't seem to level up.

I would set up a party off "Player Matchup", but who the heck reads that anyway? It hasnt worked for me in the past, soooo yeah.

So I'd appreciate any suggestions. =B

DAMASCUS
Sep 2, 2009, 11:18 PM
What system are you on...I forgot :/ Maybe we can get some forum love together. Its going to be necessary for us to stick together in the coming months with such a shaky population..

Ceresa
Sep 2, 2009, 11:20 PM
Play Innocent Girl until you can't stand it anymore.

Then keep running it anyways.

unicorn
Sep 2, 2009, 11:43 PM
What system are you on...I forgot :/ Maybe we can get some forum love together. Its going to be necessary for us to stick together in the coming months with such a shaky population..

I'm on PS2/PC....

I didn't take part in Moa GBR at ALL because all the parties that I found were S3s and they seemed to be exclusively for higher leveled players (I was embarrassed to join a party with lvl160s as a lvl108 character...). There were NO S2 missions, and soloing S2s as a lvl100 Newman would take too long.

So I just leveled up bullets... For a month. And hunted Deghana Cannon that I couldn't find (since Eastern Peril is easy enough to solo).

ANYWAY. I guess I can keep at it at Innocent Girl like Ceresa said... >_<;

gratefulgriz
Sep 3, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hmmn, especially with being a lower lvl character just tell people you are trying to level and that you would appreciate them letting you "tag" along; if that doesn't work then jump back onto the forums and try to get some people who are posting to help you get through missions.

Leadfoot
Sep 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
Plus remember...You should do missions where your character is not too far below enemy level. Miss out on full exp.

Gibdozer
Sep 3, 2009, 09:01 AM
You just have to keep playing, and waiting for a huge event with a high exp modifier. If you think leveling after 100 is a bitch just wait till you get close to the cap! The best thing you can do is just relax and enjoy the game, the leveling will take care of itself.

desturel
Sep 3, 2009, 11:17 AM
So I just leveled up bullets... For a month. And hunted Deghana Cannon that I couldn't find (since Eastern Peril is easy enough to solo).

Your problem was hunting it in Eastern Peril. You should have been doing Forest Infiltration. :D

As far as leveling your techer, your problem is that you are looking for speed as a techer. Techer isn't a speed class. If you want good EXP and good speed, then there are two options.

Option 1) Select runs without bosses. Techers don't have a boss killer. No Jabroga. No Shotguns. No Grenades. Not even Ikk Hikk. Bosses will slow you down as far as EXP is concerned.

If you need to do a run boss because you can't stand not getting boss box drops, then go with Seed Express. Mother Brain is one of the easier techer bosses since Diga can destroy her arms quickly. Also for boss runs you want to play as fortetecher in general. With the exception of Motherbrain, Dulk Fakis, and Adahna Degahna you'll want to have a long bow or cards when soloing bosses. Chasing down Maggas Magahna with Diga or Dimmagolous with Noszonde is a big time waster in terms of EXP. You'll finish the runs slower, but you'll beat the boss quicker. In many cases, the boss fight takes longer than the run itself when you are a solo masterforce.

Non-boss runs that are good EXP for Masterforce/Fortetecher:
Innocent Girl
Sakura Blast. Abandon the last spawn of Komazli if you are only in it for EXP. Ubakrada are better EXP, easier to kill and less annoying, so restarting is a better option than finishing unless you need MP.
Lonely Lab. Not good EXP for higher level characters, but good enough for your level 108. Bal Soza are the real time wasters so see which spawns you can skip to save time. Use megid if you have it at a good level or cards if you are a fortetecher. Masterforce is a better option for this run even with the Bal Soza annoyance.
Scared Planet As with Lonely Lab, the real time wasters are the Bal Soza.
The Black Nest. Again, not good EXP for higher level characters, but until you hit the higher levels, this is a good run for you. The plus side is there's nothing here that can bother a techer. I'd suggest using regrant for the Orcdillan, but they die to pretty much anything. There are just less annoying when they are on their sides.
Hill of Spores The only real time waster here is chasing down rappy polec. The other problem is there are no large enemies like Ubakrada so the EXP isn't as good as some other runs. Hill of Spores is better than Dancing Birds in terms of EXP vs time spent, however Dancing Birds has better box drops and a chance at Igg Crown. You have very little chance of finding Milla at Hill of Spores so don't go in there with that expectation.
Endrum Remnants The annoyance enemy in this run is actually the Special Ops (Kanohne). The robots and bees are what you want for EXP. The Grinna Bete C at the end are a bit tough until you learn how to fight them as a techer. Having all 7 at once on a few maps might be a bit much for a level 108, but this run is mostly techer friendly other than that final spawn and the annoying Kanohne (rifle casts) with their resta and flipping around.
Caves of Ice It doesn't matter what the level is, caves of ice is a cake walk as any class and Bil de Vear are good EXP. It's also a nice run to level up spells since Ice Vanda tend to bunch up around you.
Sacred Stream Unlike other humanoid NPCs, the Basta and Obme bunch together when they are hit This makes it easy to kill them off at once with a dam or gi spell.

Version 1 PSU humanoids all spread apart when they flinch (Taguba, Ozuna, Kanohne, Assault, Solda, Jasse, Ogg) AotI humanoids bunch together when they flinch (Basta, Obme, Vobis, Mazz, Wikko) so in general you want to avoid missions with Version one humanoids and fight AotI ones instead. It also helps that the AotI enemies have elements assigned to them instead of being neutral.

Boss runs that are good EXP for fortetecher/masterforce:
Seed Express This is your best EXP run for the time spend. Mother Brain is relatively techer friendly. Just watch out for the Seed Ardite. Hizeri/Stamina Armas Line and freeze resist are preferred, but even if you don't have all of those, just keep stocked up on scape dolls and you should be fine.
Awoken Serpent You'll want a longbow. Noszonde/Nosmegid are horrible at killing bosses in any sort of reasonable time frame.
Desert Goliath. Except for the Kanohne, this isn't a bad techer run. Missile dodging aside, Diga, Radiga, Damdiga, and Nosdiga can get you through in a good clip. I wouldn't suggest S3 until you are sure you can kill the Tirentos in a few casts. Otherwise if they stay on the screen for too long, you'll be overrun with missiles. Not that I need to explain that. Again Masterforce is faster in general, but Fortetecher is more survivable. That and having cards for Magahna is better than trying to hit his arms with Diga which can become tedious after his bottom falls off (use nosdiga for most of the fight, but that should go without saying).
Grove of Fanatics Ozuna are the bane of a techer's existence with their constant resta and walking around in circles, but that's what NPCs are for. Have Tylor and bruce kill them while you keep them pinned down as best you can with noszonde/nosmegid. If you get lucky enough to trap them in a corner, then regrant is a good option or jusei-shiki (ground cards) and Ensei-shiki (fire cards) to keep them silenced and burning if you are a fortetecher. Once you reach a bigger level advantage over them than nosdiga is the way to go to kill them, but by the time you reach that point, GoF isn't a great EXP run. It's because of you relative low level that I can suggest it right now.
The Dark God. It's less important to have a bow with Falz than it was to have it with DRL. He docks more often giving you more of a chance to hit him with foie/diga or what have you. Long bow/cards/handgun may be quicker at killing the boss, but the extra speed that you get through the run as a Masterforce may not offset the extra speed in killing the boss.
White Beast Honestly why solo White Beast? Parties are easy enough to find here. If all of you want is exp, just jump in a group and be done with it. If you need to solo, watch out for Komazli and Gohmon bunched together. There's no time efficient way for a masterforce to kill a group of them solo. Ramegid and hope a few get confused.

Good EXP runs to avoid when soloing as a masterforce/fortetecher:
Military Subway. 5 blocks of sheer annoyance. There is a good amount of EXP there and the SEED-Guardian enemies are good EXP and bunch together when they flinch so that's not the problem. The problem is that there is far too much running involved. That and the SEED-Guardian (Sh) can really lay into you with their triple shot rifles making block 5 a real killer when solo.
Citadel of Sand. Ryugtass suck the life out of a masterforce. The best option to kill them is to burn them. Cards are nice, but the run is long enough where the speed difference between a fortetecher and a masterforce will really show up in your final time. If only you could switch classes for the last block...
Bladed Legacy Unless you want to spend the whole mission standing in the other room casting in zonde at the Bead Groode this is one you want to avoid. The other enemies are manageable to a point. Magashi isn't as bad solo as he is in a group since you can actually corner trap him without his random teleporting all over the place, but the Bead Groode with their constant rocket launches are another matter and a big time sink.
Maximum Attack G' This has the same problem as military subway. Too much walking to get where you're going. That and the current group of level 80 enemies aren't the best for EXP.
Electronic Brain. Seed Express is better all around. Less travel time and above all no AMF Heavy Infantry. They are the most dangerous enemy in the run and there aren't many good ways to kill them as a techer. The only good part about them is that they don't cast resta.
SEED Awakened The new layout is much more techer friendly with the removal of most Gaozoran spawns and replacement with Dilnazen which are more EXP and easier to kill as a techer, but until S3 comes out, Seed Express S2 is better and easier EXP for the time spent.

Enemies to avoid as far as time vs. EXP is concerned:
Komazli, Bal Soza, Gaozoran
Armed Servant Ozuna
AMF Heavy Infantry
Special Ops Kanohne
Rogue Jasse
Olgohmon
Rygutass
Tengohg
Jusnagun
Jarba
SEED-Vitace
Gol Dova
Rappy Gugg

The less of these that you have to fight the better. That doesn't mean avoid all missions that have those enemies. It just means to pick missions where you have to fight less of them.

Enemies that are good for time vs. EXP:
Ubakrada
Bil de Vear
Zasharogan
Bafal Bragga
Zamvapas
Svaltus
Dilnazen
Kamatoze
Grinna Bete C
Bees
Robots
Grass Assassin
Shinowa Hidoki

Option 2) Play a different class.

NDW
Sep 3, 2009, 11:32 AM
Play Innocent Girl until you can't stand it anymore.

Then keep running it anyways.

This.

Aura_
Sep 3, 2009, 09:17 PM
This.

Ty desturel for the list. Im about to go over 100 atm also, currently 98.

Also I heard i should only do the grass part of innoccent girl. What is the exp payout on each rank?What about the badges and olpads?Should they or not be picked up for time purposes?

At the moment I can mostly 1 shot everything in the grass on B mission.

unicorn
Sep 5, 2009, 12:12 AM
Thank you for the VERY indepth guide desturel ! I appreciate you taking the time to type all that up.

I'm going to try to give all those said missions a go and see what works best for me. =D

NDW
Sep 5, 2009, 08:57 AM
Also I heard i should only do the grass part of innoccent girl. What is the exp payout on each rank?What about the badges and olpads?Should they or not be picked up for time purposes?

At the moment I can mostly 1 shot everything in the grass on B mission.

You should do the whole mission. Click here (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) to see experience for enemies on all ranks. Badges and gemstones are worth getting since they can net you some profit.

desturel
Sep 5, 2009, 08:59 AM
I'm going to try to give all those said missions a go and see what works best for me. =D

Well Innocent Girl will probably work the best. It's just that most people get bored of doing one mission over and over again so having a variety of leveling spots is always nice. :)

Oh and I forgot to add that Lightning Beast is nice, but again the Bal Soza and Gainozeros at the end are the real problem with using this run. There are maps without Bal Soza, but evey may has a Gainozeros and they have a tech shield which can double your time in a run until you are a higher level than they are.