PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Human? Newman? Cast? Or Beast?

Mysterious-G
Sep 3, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi guys!
I am eager to know what race you might be heading for in PSP2! Seeing how a lot of the changes in the game mechanics seem to be trying to make them equal ones!
Mirage Blast being one of the new additions to make both humans and newmans more playable, while some might like or disliek the new design of the four races.

Well, I do not own a PSP yet. But I will make sure to get one when PSP2 gets released!
I will be heading for a human female (Protranser if that class will still exist) myself, not imported from PSPo since I never owned that game.

And you? ^^

Neith
Sep 3, 2009, 02:32 PM
Likely to stick with my roots and go Newman Female, but I really need more information on the game (including clothes and so-on) first.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
Dang yo thats gonna be really tough seeing as I'm gonna be portin over my female human and beast. Not only that I'll be making a F CAST and Male Human from scratch on the PSP2. Because damn if the starting clothes are kickin ass!

Burnsro
Sep 3, 2009, 02:40 PM
Beasts look GAR^2 in this one so I think I'll give them a chance and make a manly Beast as my first character.

As a secondary character I'm going to make a CAST for shooting things.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 3, 2009, 02:44 PM
Male Human, I would have been one anyway as usual but with those stylish clothes and Mirage Blasts, I have even more reason to be one now!

Dhylec
Sep 3, 2009, 02:44 PM
I don't know how many PSP2's number of save slots are, but if possible, I'd make one of each - as usual. ;3

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 02:46 PM
I heard that it will support more than 4. But then again thats through the grapevine and I really don't trust alot coming through there.

landman
Sep 3, 2009, 02:46 PM
Beast and newman in the western release, and provably cast in the japanese one, as I did with the first PSP. The default beast design looks awesome, how could I resist?? (I'm not considering the black nanoblast as a handicap yet)

Burnsro
Sep 3, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, beasts are awesome! You're my bro!

blyr
Sep 3, 2009, 02:52 PM
Human female, like always XP

panzer_unit
Sep 3, 2009, 02:57 PM
This poll needs 100% more "wait and see"

My PSP main was a human and I've got no complaints at all about their overall power level in that game, if anything it's my CAST that feels underpowered ... aside from using Rafal Attacker SUV to clear specific trouble spots without a fight. I picked a human not for variety's sake, but for min/maxing what looked to be the most fun classes to play, 'transer and acromaster.

Of course, that's PSP1 and there's no telling what the race stats or character types will look like in the new game yet. I might want to go with a Beast fighter to minimize my dependency on skill discs... all you need are two or three different kinds of melee PA and your dude is a bad-ass, if gunners and techers still rely on separate skills for each element and attack type you need at least a dozen skills up before your dude means serious business.

Mysterious-G
Sep 3, 2009, 03:00 PM
Whee, just when it came to my mind that 'I should have created a poll, durrr!' one appeared.
Thank you mysterious mod! ;)

Akaimizu
Sep 3, 2009, 03:00 PM
Being that I just HAVE to include the Six Square Circus characters. A Human Female and a Female Beast are a must, not to mention a specific Male Newman. I'll likely introduce a Male Cast in this one, though. Currently, the Six Square Circus group has no specific Cast lead yet, so I'll have to think of something to work out. I also need a balanced female to male ratio here. (Trying to be like the earlier heyday of KOF games, in that one regard). Due to the way classes are set up in PSP (and if PSP2 isn't changing that much) I'll likely leave Stints out of this one. He kind of worked in PSU, but in PSP classes tend to have a larger arsenal to them, and thus he didn't add any new real class specification that Tynselle didn't already cover in PSP.

I tend not to choose based on power over another, but more on what really floats my boat (from a fun category), and what makes an awesome but purely original character design that performs (in essence) an elbow drop on the stereotype. My human choice was basically due to the *exoticness* of choosing a race in the middle, that feels free to go to any occupation they choose. This is very different from so much of my previous character play (in many games), where I was always choosing characters that were specific to support a particular job well. I'm also a big fan of having some hybrid activity, where I can change my role of engagement at a whim.

Like they say in Total Recall (A vacation from oneself). My choice was more so, a vacation from my usual tendencies. Character design and exotic choice over mere power.

Burnsro
Sep 3, 2009, 03:41 PM
Human female, like always XP

Prepare to get Beasted. :train:

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:04 PM
I always make Newmans (female) and Casts(male or female) because I hated the clothes offered in PS:P1 and PSU.
Most likely this time around I'll make me a man Cast, and a female Newman.
I say that because I already have names I use for females and males, and I don't have a male fleshy name.
(I do in PSU, but I don't like it, but I love the meaning) Rossiya is his name (it means Russia).
My female Newman is always named Sieno, and man Cast is aways J5B-10, and my female cast is always named Enzylon-2.
So, since there will be new clothing, I will most likely make up a new name for male fleshy, but I'll still have my female Newman.
At first, it will be Newman(female) and Cast(male), which is what I voted.

Rayokarna
Sep 3, 2009, 04:06 PM
Male CAST. I see no reason to change.

S4CT4L1TY
Sep 3, 2009, 04:14 PM
same here lol naw just kiddin i always wanted to try a human but had no incentive to do so, now ill make one as my secondary :D

unicorn
Sep 3, 2009, 04:31 PM
Newman and Beast male.

I would love to make a CAST, but I have been hating their parts. If they actually add lean male parts, then I'll probably make a MCAST over a Mbeast.

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2009, 04:34 PM
I cant stand the clothing for male fleshy's.
I don't like anything at all. Which is why I don't use my male Beast in PSU.
I did make a male Newman in PS:P1, but only because I didn't want to make a Beast.
I don't use my male Cast in PSU because of the parts, so I'm hoping there are some awesome parts in PS:P2 :D
Hope they give me a reason to go back to male characters lol.

3R
Sep 3, 2009, 04:37 PM
Male CAST, I'm hoping for new awesome parts!

lykann
Sep 3, 2009, 04:39 PM
I'll go Male Cast as per usual, then i might see what Humans play like this time around...

Chuck_Norris
Sep 3, 2009, 04:58 PM
Female Beast. Porting Angie over. Hopfully guns are still as awesome as ever.

Kanju
Sep 3, 2009, 05:33 PM
Female Newman, as usual. I'm also thinking of a Male CAST.

Mike
Sep 3, 2009, 06:53 PM
Caseal, of course. I'm bringing her over from PSP1 though. I also plan on making a beast because I've never played one before. If the human's Mirage Blast is any good, I might try one too.

BWS-1
Sep 3, 2009, 07:53 PM
As silly as it may sound, and as much as I can see myself enjoy a Beast... I can't think of playing a PS game as something else than a Cast. I can't wait to see how their models will be; I sure hope they don't ALL look like this crazy spiked robot seen in the trailer.

I may be looking forward to this game. Of course, if their is no online, I find it trivial to even consider it. I just hope it would be possible to, like in v2, CHOOSE a ''server/lobby'' to chill on. Ya know... a.k.a. ''Hey guys! let's go play on the jp servers and talk about how ''We like Banzai >EVERYONE''!'' instead of having what seems to be a predefined set infrastructure limiting play to local (US, PAL or JP) servers.

*cough*

sorry that last part was off-topic.

But YES! Cast for life.

Sorans
Sep 3, 2009, 10:21 PM
I'll go for female CAST as it is always the first char I make in a PSU game x]!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 3, 2009, 10:28 PM
Here here Sorans. I think before I port over my girl Yume I might just roll Carmilla on over.

DreXxiN
Sep 4, 2009, 09:45 AM
Will be transfering all PSP characters but most likely will play my Male Human most.

Omega-R7
Sep 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
female cast,newman,human, beast. i do tham all. only male's are omega cast and chrono human my OC's.

3R
Sep 4, 2009, 11:34 AM
female cast,newman,human, beast. i do tham all.

Uh yeah, high fiev! o/

Omega-R7
Sep 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
back at u.

t3hVeG
Sep 4, 2009, 12:47 PM
Male Cast of course. (always!)

relentless
Sep 4, 2009, 01:03 PM
f Newman and eventually f CAST

Kizeragi
Sep 4, 2009, 08:45 PM
In order:
Human Male
CAST Male
Newman Female
CAST Female
and maybe a Beast at some point too

Just gonna rebuild the same characters I used on PSU only with the new PSP features, etc.

Squirrel3D
Sep 4, 2009, 10:03 PM
In order:
Human Male
CAST Male
Newman Female
CAST Female
and maybe a Beast at some point too

Just gonna rebuild the same characters I used on PSU only with the new PSP features, etc.

Same here except mine goes like this:

Human Female
Beast Male
Cast Male
Newman Female

Same names, but...new attitude?

.newzero
Sep 5, 2009, 06:33 AM
Still Newman. The first char I made in PSO was a Newman and it will stay like that 'till the end of time!

The Necris Process
Sep 5, 2009, 01:47 PM
Now that the humans get an apparent summon special, I'm finally interested in making one. Fortunately, this works perfectly for my old PSO character "Chojin"...in terms of his story and character concept.

I'll still make a beast as well though.

Group 935
Sep 5, 2009, 04:12 PM
I would go with a female newman.

Ethateral
Sep 5, 2009, 04:48 PM
I'll stick to my origin and be a Newman Female as always.

SubstanceD
Sep 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
Almost all of my PSU/AOI/PSP characters have been casts, more specifically female casts so it kind of goes without saying that my first and main Phantasy Star Portable 2 character is going to be a female cast.

I have always wanted to create a Male Beast bu I could never get past my prejudice of how they look in PSU. If I can create one that looks as good as the Beast in the promo pics ( or one that looks as good as Leo ) then I probably will use him as my second charcter.

If I can't create a good looking Beast then I will brobably create a male and a female human just so I can look at all the male and female clothing options.

Chibi_psu
Sep 6, 2009, 09:15 AM
newman female of course...And i will make a more grown up chibi.Lumia is 3 years older now so i have to do the same D:

Somnia
Sep 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
Newman Female Acromaster, then a CAST of some sort. Depends on what's all new.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
I think I might just remake my female beast Martina. I mean, she wears nothing special really and I see that the beast's faces look more human like. Also I'd love to see what Lumia has to do with the plot to PSP2.

Gen2000
Sep 6, 2009, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna try for remakes of my characters from PSU. Cast (male and female), they always my favorite class since PSO.

1 Beast (not sure of gender yet) and if Mirage Blast is actually good as it looks I'll be more tempted to make Human/non-techer Newman characters as well.

The_Brimada
Sep 7, 2009, 08:21 AM
I plan on making Human male or female, female cast, male beast, ????

I'm going to try to play more as a guy char main this time around, but eye candy is so tempting. Of course I have to make at least female CAST, or else I wouldn't be the Brimada. >.>

darkante
Sep 7, 2009, 08:48 AM
Both gender on Castīs and a female Beast.

My favorite combo.