PDA

View Full Version : My brother is a fucking idiot

Weeaboolits
Sep 3, 2009, 06:13 PM
I really just wanna punch him, but I'd rather not make that nose of his any more broken than he's gotten it already. He had just gotten his fines from the last time paid off just recently, and he gets arrested for wandering the streets drunk again, way to go, bro. According to him, he's already drinking a fifth every other day; now, I don't drink myself, but even I know that's a bit much, especially for someone who's only 18; I'd also like to know how he's paying for this, since he hasn't had any hours at work lately.

I'm also getting sick of his loser friends bumming my house all the time, most of them don't work, and aren't shy about eating our food, that is if we had any, mostly it's just irritating to have half the neighborhood over all the goddamn time, I'm especially pissed at them since recently my aunt had asked one of them to give me a ride to work (god knows why she thought that was a good idea), I ended up sleeping through my alarm (entirely my fault, yes, but I'm not done yet), and the kid never showed up, he said he couldn't get in the house, but I know that's complete bullshit because I left the front door unlocked, if he doesn't have the sense to check the front door then I question how he got a license in the first place.

I knew my brother was an idiot, but before he was at least working and mostly keeping out of trouble, but lately not so much, though I suppose I'm also a bit stressed lately (mainly due to the no-call, no-show that resulted from that incident I mentioned earlier, and yesterday, I called in panickedly thinking I had done it again before realizing I had that day off and feeling like a complete idiot in front of my boss, but anyway, moving on, that's not the point of my rant), I also know that in addition to the sauce, he's been smoking, and I don't mean tobacco, all in all it looks like he's grooming himself to be a pathetic loser like my stepdad, but he's as thick-skulled and headstrong as they come, and it'll take some doing to get him to realize what an idiot he is. He's got a date with the court coming up, with any luck that'll help knock some sense into him.

KodiaX987
Sep 3, 2009, 06:36 PM
http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/bridge_swizzle_ca.jpg

My advice.

pinkace
Sep 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
Dude, how old are you? If he is 18 and you are not, he is an adult creating an unsafe environment for a child. If you don't call family services on your parents I will.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 10:19 PM
Er, Ronin's like 20 something.

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
Dude, how old are you? If he is 18 and you are not, he is an adult creating an unsafe environment for a child. If you don't call family services on your parents I will.

Yes, because that's a genius idea. Oh hey, let's totally fuck up this guy's life for him! Think about what calling family services would cause. It would drasticaly change his life, and most people don't want that. Besides, what would you say to family services?

"Uhhh, hello, there's this guy I know on pso-w, and I think he has a problem you need to fix. Where does he live? How the fuck should I know?"

This is all assuming Ronin is under 18. Which, I do not know.

Gentlemen
Sep 3, 2009, 10:59 PM
Hope your bro ends up in jail or something.

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 12:26 AM
Fuck him up, only solution.

Delete
Sep 4, 2009, 12:49 AM
he said he couldn't get in the house, but I know that's complete bullshit because I left the front door unlocked

. If I left my door unlocked while I was sleeping......I'm pretty sure my room would look something like this.....http://interactive.usc.edu/members/mchuri/Empty_space2.jpg

Jokes aside, sorry to hear your going through that. Hope it all works out for the best.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 4, 2009, 03:19 AM
If it's really getting this bad, maybe say up front what you think about this situation.

And throw out his slob-friends.

Tessu
Sep 4, 2009, 10:08 AM
I never liked your brother. Not from my own brief encounter with him nor from the way you mentioned that his room smells incredibly strongly of marijuana; nor the way you mentioned he got arrested several times for wandering the streets drunk.

Even if he's 18, he's still living with your parents, right? Can't they get any control over him, or kick him out? How do they feel about this?

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
Being arrested for just being drunk? Silly America.
(Even drinking on streets is forbidden there, right? I will not comment on that...)

About your brother:
I sometimes am not fond of my own brother either, but I came to the conclusion that the only way to get rid of the trouble he causes me was him moving out. And he did, thankfully.

But are you bothered by the trouble he creates for you or are you concerned about him?

pinkace
Sep 4, 2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, because that's a genius idea. Oh hey, let's totally fuck up this guy's life for him! Think about what calling family services would cause. It would drasticaly change his life, and most people don't want that. Besides, what would you say to family services?

"Uhhh, hello, there's this guy I know on pso-w, and I think he has a problem you need to fix. Where does he live? How the fuck should I know?"

This is all assuming Ronin is under 18. Which, I do not know.

of COURSE I won't call them dummy, and of course this kid won't post his home address online! you are not looking at the big picture; supposedly there are adults in this home that are allowing underage drunkenness in their home. They need a speaking-to by someone.

Kent
Sep 5, 2009, 01:25 AM
Yes, because that's a genius idea. Oh hey, let's totally fuck up this guy's life for him! Think about what calling family services would cause. It would drasticaly change his life, and most people don't want that.
You know, there are good things that can result from conferring with Child/Family Services. Minors being taken out of dangerous, destructive and/or abusive environments, for example. I would say that living with the aforementioned drunkard would fit that description - however, it doesn't seem to be the case that minors are involved here, but there still is underage drinking and substance abuse, which is case enough for some form of authority to be called.

Family is not an excuse to protect someone, or rather, to not be rid of them for being a societal degenerate or dangerous to himself or others.

That's how I see it anyway: Worth and respect are earned - not entitled - based on the merits of the individual.

Weeaboolits
Sep 5, 2009, 06:04 AM
Dude, how old are you?I'm 21.

Even if he's 18, he's still living with your parents, right? Can't they get any control over him, or kick him out? How do they feel about this?It's only recently become much of an issue, in fact we just found out about his most recent little episode maybe the day before I posted this rant.

Being arrested for just being drunk? Silly America.
(Even drinking on streets is forbidden there, right? I will not comment on that...)

But are you bothered by the trouble he creates for you or are you concerned about him?Being drunk is only illegal if you don't have the sense to do it in the proper place, drunks tend to cause problems when they're wandering about wherever they like, keep in mind my brother is only 18, while the drinking age here is 21.
Also, I'm not so much having him cause me trouble as I'm worried he's going to be the sort of loser whose only concern is funding a trip to the bar and being perpetually drunk, like some of the other characters I know.

Meyfei
Sep 5, 2009, 07:44 AM
this is just a thought but, maybe you could send him on a guilt trip with a bottle of wine.

like give him a bottle of wine, and tell him how he's worrying you, and ask "where you see yourself in the coming years", "what is it do you think you'll be doing", "who is it you think you'll be with", "will you be happy with that outcome?", and ask him to drink it infront of you, o.o watch as the stings of regret and sarrow fill his eyes with the tears of "Why am i doing this"

>.>; just a suggestion.

PwNeR
Sep 5, 2009, 07:50 AM
An intervention is plausible in this situation isn't it?

pinkace
Sep 5, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm 21.

It's only recently become much of an issue, in fact we just found out about his most recent little episode maybe the day before I posted this rant.

Being drunk is only illegal if you don't have the sense to do it in the proper place, drunks tend to cause problems when they're wandering about wherever they like, keep in mind my brother is only 18, while the drinking age here is 21.
Also, I'm not so much having him cause me trouble as I'm worried he's going to be the sort of loser whose only concern is funding a trip to the bar and being perpetually drunk, like some of the other characters I know.

Wait wait wait... You are the OLDER brother? Beat the shit out of him! I guess you are the tender. intelligent, studious and responsible one...

When he is in the shower, sneak in and beat him up with a stick. Then take the stick to his friends. If your stepfather doesn't have the balls to set some order in that house, then you do it! you find any booze, you throw it away, the old man gives you shit tell him you will have him arrested for providing liquor to minors.

and that's that. be a man. save your brother's life. he will thank you many years from now.

Weeaboolits
Sep 5, 2009, 06:37 PM
Wait wait wait... You are the OLDER brother? Beat the shit out of him!Older, but not bigger, I should try to talk to him though, if I can ever manage to catch him home without his friends over. I'd have to take some time to make sure I think of a good way to say it to manage to ram it through his thick skull, maybe his pending court date will help knock some sense into him, but then again, maybe not.

If your stepfather doesn't have the balls to set some order in that house, then you do it! you find any booze, you throw it away, the old man gives you shit tell him you will have him arrested for providing liquor to minors.My stepdad is a pathetic drunk, asking him to anything is an exercise in futility (and gettign rid of his booze would just open a whole another can of worms), he's had a few rants centered on him already. I'd sooner just be rid of him than anything, he's more trouble than anything.

Meyfei
Sep 5, 2009, 06:38 PM
Wait wait wait... You are the OLDER brother? Beat the shit out of him! I guess you are the tender. intelligent, studious and responsible one...

When he is in the shower, sneak in and beat him up with a stick. he will thank you many years from now.

:disapprove:

pinkace
Sep 6, 2009, 11:04 AM
^

Well, it is better than an open fight in the living room with his friends around. he has to catch him off guard and teach him a lesson. I got that from Amores Perros (Love's a Bitch) a mexican movie.

MattyNator26
Sep 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
my advice would be to get a huge stick and talk to him alone. i went through the same thing as my ex-brother is an alcoholic......only difference is he was never arrested for it. i went through years of torment because when he gets drunk he wants to do illegal things(such as steal a sign from in front of a courthouse) he spent his high school graduation night sitting in jail for trying to outrun a cop while high(yes, he is also an ex-drug dealer) the guy had alot going for him, but he trew it all away(he isnt even 21 yet btw) bottom line: only he can make the decision to make his life better, but you might be able to help him come to that decision if you talk to him and explain whats going on

astuarlen
Sep 6, 2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry, Ronin. This is a tough situation, and I'm afraid I don't have any good or bad advice for you--just my good wishes and hope your brother can be helped to his senses or that you will be able to untangle yourself from his and your stepfather's messes. I encourage you and any concerned relatives/friends to do some honest talking with him, but ultimately it will be up to your brother to help himself.

furrypaws
Sep 7, 2009, 09:22 PM
You've got my prayers. Seems like the only thing that would change your brother is if he gets perspective of not only where he is, but where he's headed not even five years from now. That's something you can push him to do, but unfortunately, you can't make the revelation for him. It's awful that he's doing this, though, especially at such an age that the choices he makes now (and not the thing they say to you like from 4th grade up, but now) are going to decide where he is five, ten, even twenty years from now.

BlaizeYES
Sep 8, 2009, 12:20 PM
lol, he's only 18 years old... don't get "7th heaven" on him when he's still just a kid who got his first breath of freedom. he probably just hasnt gotten to that point where he wants to do anything else. i remember the first time i was going to school at 18, and me deciding to no longer attend in the second semester, just figuring the world was pretty much set on architects.

then after quitting school, for like 7 months straight i just screwed around and got into trouble, quit my job for no reason, then just partied and fluttered around with little roadtrips with people and being random. all i thought about was where i was going to be at night. and there were many, many many run-ins with the cops that i'm fortunate that i was able to come out clean from.

it wasnt smart, yea, but it was just something i needed to do for myself before i took life a little more seriously and really "looked at the big picture"... and everyone's different, and you cant really gauge what they're really after by decisions they make at 18, or what is going inside the kid's head. some people just take some time to wake up, they need to have their existential crisis early in life so they can find their own answers... instead of just having a catastrophic emotional breakdown when you become middle-aged and divorce your wife, buy "the car you always wanted" and return to this irresponsible childlike state. i mean if i was written off at 18 and just thrown in jail constantly to "teach me a lesson," it probably would have permanently fucked up my life and even when i was ready, i wouldn't be able to get out.

but maybe the kid is just a dumbass, who knows.

pinkace
Sep 8, 2009, 07:08 PM
^

i worked at a very very prestigious bank. i saw these investment bankers fresh out of grad school yet barely in their 20's. they packed semesters in high school with extra credit and community activities, so that they could get to the best schools with A averages. while in college, they packed in credits again and finished in 3 years, working their asses off so that they could get accepted at the best economics graduate program. by then they got used to the idea of working long hours and sleeping little and getting the job done.

so by 25 they are working at the best companies on earth, taking in 250.000 a year plus bonuses, and still working insane hours, with the goal of making partner by the age of 40.

then this is what they do: they retire with millions in the bank, no worries, no problems, and enjoy a 30 to 40 year vacation.

that is what they planned to do, and i know personally people that have done this and/or are doing this.

... or you could do what I did, which is what Blaize suggests and waste time you will never get back. Then you can work taking orders from kids 10 years younger than you for the rest of your life.

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 10:01 PM
lol nevermind.

pinkace
Sep 9, 2009, 11:23 AM
lol nevermind.

no no no, go ahead, share :)

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 11:26 AM
Too late, I deleted the wall o' text.

Vanzazikon
Sep 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
I saw it.

pinkace
Sep 9, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wall o' text are expected on the rants board :) especially when they are meant to praise me.

furrypaws
Sep 9, 2009, 08:05 PM
To be honest, I don't really like the idea of students spending all the free time they ever have and devoting it to their future, unless they're like in a slum or something and that's the only way to get out. Heck, I don't even support adults doing that (although I have more of a problem with students doing that), as all you will be is your business skills and words per minute (what else do bankers do anyways? I never learned). When the only break in your work is to eat, poop, and, God forbid, sleep, there's a problem. Hard work is good, but I've seen it eat people whole, to the point where they ignore friends, ignore their pastimes, heck, even ignore themselves.

And of course, there's the opposite side of the spectrum, with the people who would simply perish if they had to work a day in their lives. Clearly you need to strike a balance.

pinkace
Sep 10, 2009, 11:51 AM
^

well yea, you are completely right. But one can hardly argue with retirement at 40 with millions in the bank and 30 years ahead to sail the world...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 10, 2009, 09:50 PM
But they're 50. And if all they did was "All work and no play", they're probably not in any kind of good shape. (Exceptions, obviously.) Things you could have done easily at 20-30 now become difficult at 50+, and you may even need help to do these things.

A kind of balance is always necessary, because it keeps the stress out of your work life, and prevents you from bringing your job home with you.