PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 More Character Transfer + Bonus Item Information

Mike
Sep 3, 2009, 10:38 PM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/information/pspthebest/

New info (?) on what can be transferred and what can't be transfered. The bonus items are also explained.

The bonus items are a saber called the "Exam" (イグザム) that is equipable by all races and classes and a random effect unit. I assume this would be something like the extra units that give you an aura. I was hoping the bonus item wouldn't be the saber we saw in the video yesterday but it is. Bleh.

And for the nitty-gritty of the transfers, this is what transfers over:

# Race
# Sex
# Underwear color
# Eye color
# Lip color
# Skin color
# Body shape
# PM name
# PM type
# The parts/clothes you are wearing (they go in to your inventory apparently)

This is what doesn't:

# Level
# Voice type
# Voice pitch
# Anything besides body type, skin color, and lip color that is appearance related
# Accesories (ie hair?)
# Items in your inventory
# Meseta
# Type levels
# Photon arts
# Stored items
# Titles
# Item collection

And while I don't think this affects most of us, only characters from the retail version of PSP1 and not the demo/trial can be transferred.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 3, 2009, 10:53 PM
At least the important stuff like underwear color transfers. The feature would be a complete waste without that.

.newzero
Sep 3, 2009, 11:51 PM
And I thought I could make a new char in PSP1 and level up to 100...It's useless now.

Btw. isn't that saber called "Exam" and not "Igzam"? (it's a bit confusing how they write english words in katakana x_x)

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 12:17 AM
Btw. isn't that saber called "Exam" and not "Igzam"? (it's a bit confusing how they write english words in katakana x_x)

You, sir, are correct.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 4, 2009, 12:27 AM
So our new sword is called Exam? I wonder where they got the name from?

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 12:29 AM
So no face shape/head type, eye shape, ears, eyebrow shape and hair stile... Why are they removing all the hair and ears instead of adding more? what a waste...

WBMike
Sep 4, 2009, 12:30 AM
Pretty cool!

Copypasta UMD video mentioned at the bottom.

Phantasy Star Portable [PSP: The Best]” will include a 63 minute movie UMD disc. The movie title “Phantasy Star Universe Chronicle” will sum up the Phantasy Star Universe series starting with Chapter 1: The SEED invasion!, Chapter 2: Ambition of Illuminus, and ends with the Chapter 3: Seal of Rykros. It will feature narration from Ethan, Laia, and Lumia, and voice work for Episode 3. Episode 3 is a must see because it features excellent voice work from familiar voice actors. This is an indispensable fan item and they urge you to watch it before enjoying Phantasy Star Portable 2

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 12:39 AM
And I thought I could make a new char in PSP1 and level up to 100...It's useless now.

Igzam.
It's exam, really.

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 12:49 AM
So no face shape/head type, eye shape, ears, eyebrow shape and hair stile... Why are they removing all the hair and ears instead of adding more? what a waste...

Who said they were removing any? You just have to pick it all out again.

This is an indispensable fan item and they urge you to watch it before enjoying Phantasy Star Portable 2

I kind of wish they'd sell the UMD video seperately. I don't need an extra copy of PSP hanging around.

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 12:50 AM
I read "iguzamu" here.

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 12:53 AM
Which means "exam".
Do you know any Katakana?
I know literally very little, and know that much :wacko:

WBMike
Sep 4, 2009, 01:11 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/exam.jpg
Clear off the table the exam starts now!

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 01:13 AM
That quality is luverly.

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 01:27 AM
Damn weeaboos.
I don't know anything about the Jp nation, and I know little Jp(katakana) because of PS:P actually.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 4, 2009, 01:32 AM
Katakana is absurdly easy to read. All you need is a chart.

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 01:51 AM
Which means "exam".
Do you know any Katakana?
I know literally very little, and know that much :wacko:
Funny, my Japanese exams were "tesuto", not "iguzamu"

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 02:00 AM
Funny, my Japanese exams were "tesuto", not "iguzamu"

This may be but stick イグザム into to Google or Alc and you'll get exam or some funny misspelling of it. I originally wrote it as Igzam because I wasn't processing it as a word in katakana but as some made up weapon name. PSU has it's fair share of those.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 4, 2009, 02:31 AM
If it's any consolation, Espio said Igzam at the PSUPedia forum too.

Volcompat321
Sep 4, 2009, 02:36 AM
Seriously, I know almost nothing about Jp, and don't care to learn, but from the games I've played, I've learned some.

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 03:00 AM
So about the transfer... I thought Partner Machines where of exclusive use for Guardians :P

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 03:24 AM
So about the transfer... I thought Partner Machines where of exclusive use for Guardians :P

This is another good point. The official website has not said a whole lot out PMs in PSP2. This confirms that all of the PM types from PSP1 will be in the game but says nothing if there are new types. This also tells us that PSU style PM-raising is still out, which means no synthesis either.

I will bet that Sega doesn't answer questions about why non-Guardians have them though :p Some new PM types would be nice too. It's still the begining of September so Sega likely still has some tricks up their sleaves regarding PMs. When I think that we still have 3 months to go before this release, it drives me crazy.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 4, 2009, 05:03 AM
Sinec PM info isn't one of the first things they've released in the system, my guess is they haven't touched it (yet?) or perhaps they have something revolutionary to announce. i.e. The ability to directly control how your PM fights (hit everything that moves, recall the PM to stay near you, have it use support attacks compared to offensive attacks, etc.)

Dunno - I hope they don't over-hype the game and practically spoil the game before it actually comes out. I look forward to this game being a potential EVOLUTION in PSU's gameplay. I got the JP version on order just for the storyline disc.

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 06:28 AM
The storyline disc is not released with this game, but with the bargain version of the first one o.O

I hope they explain why Little Wing have PM, maybe they are necessary for a long travel outside of Gurhal, you know, so they don't feel lonely in the missions xD

PSŲ AI has a lot of things PSU/P could learn, you can ask them to heal you, ask for close or range combat, and a bunch of things I have no idea, but PSŲ is based in little room after little room, the NPC know where the enemies are in that tinny space, I'm not sure if it could work with the PSU larger maps.

.newzero
Sep 4, 2009, 06:50 AM
PSŲ AI has a lot of things PSU/P could learn, you can ask them to heal you, ask for close or range combat, and a bunch of things I have no idea, but PSŲ is based in little room after little room, the NPC know where the enemies are in that tinny space, I'm not sure if it could work with the PSU larger maps.

Technically yes. But don't ask me if PSPo2 gets this :O And yes this game should really get their AI improved.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 4, 2009, 07:08 AM
Well I can't see much point in transferring characters now, especially as it looks like you'll be going into the character create menu anyway except you'll only have access to half the stuff in there. My plan is to just transfer a dud character to get a free Exam, put it into common storage, then start a new character on PSP2 to get those hot default clothes and just grab the Exam after. (Sure, I imagine default clothes are gonna be cheap but Meseta is always in limited supply early in the game.)

panzer_unit
Sep 4, 2009, 08:38 AM
Maybe Little Wing will just hire midgets in Ossoria suits.

"Oh yeah, this is totally a GRM Partner Machine. Top of the line."
"no I'm not, I'm just a little person"
*slap*
"greetings master how can I serve you?"

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
Damn weeaboos.
I don't know anything about the Jp nation, and I know little Jp(katakana) because of PS:P actually.

http://i29.tinypic.com/az8bk5.gif

I don't know how anyone here can play a Japanese game without knowing how to read or understand Japanese. I know ya'll are excited but goddamn! Chill!

As for the PMs I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say...they were donations?

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
So they are from... defunct Guardians? xD

3R
Sep 4, 2009, 11:47 AM
Technically yes. But don't ask me if PSPo2 gets this :O And yes this game should really get their AI improved.

They should implement something like Infinite Undiscovery's skill link system for npcs, dunno about if PSzero works in any similar way.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 4, 2009, 11:53 AM
Probably. I mean who knows they could be just regular ol PMs used by citizens.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 4, 2009, 11:56 AM
You totally don't need to know Japanese to play the game, at most you would only need a knowledge of Japanese if you wanted to enjoy the story but thats not really been much of a concern with the PSU series... a Katakana chart is all ya need!

Also, I seriously hope they don't use PSZero AI because then all the NPCs using guns will copy Ogi and try to shoot enemies through impenetrable walls...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
Better than NPCs using guns not shooting at all, as is the current case. You know, unless the enemy is less than an arm's length away.

landman
Sep 4, 2009, 12:56 PM
I never choose Ogi but only because he will ALWAYS activate a turret trap between me and him (shooting at me, of course xD). Sarisa is by far the best NPC in PSŲ (heals and survives!!)

Not only PSU NPCs will not shoot to the enemy, they won't go fight them even if they are 5 meters away... one bad thing about PSŲ would be their total ignorance of danger ("Don't go! she is going to smash you with her head!!" "CHOFF") but you can provably use orders in those cases... (I always forget to do it)

panzer_unit
Sep 4, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hahaha NPC's in PS:P? Seriously?

Amherst_Wind
Sep 4, 2009, 01:06 PM
I never choose Ogi but only because he will ALWAYS activate a turret trap between me and him (shooting at me, of course xD). Sarisa is by far the best NPC in PSŲ (heals and survives!!)

Not only PSU NPCs will not shoot to the enemy, they won't go fight them even if they are 5 meters away... one bad thing about PSŲ would be their total ignorance of danger ("Don't go! she is going to smash you with her head!!" "CHOFF") but you can provably use orders in those cases... (I always forget to do it)

Indeed I never brought along Ogi if I had the choice but you still have those forced missions with him...

So yeah, it looks like we need a happy medium somewhere between:
"Theres an enemy right in front of us, attack him for heavens sake!" (PSU)
and
"Oh god, get back hes going to kill you!" (PSZero)

Come on SEGA, you can do it! :D

WBMike
Sep 4, 2009, 01:24 PM
"Exam" or Igzam has 4 random effect units*, but one will be used.

Mike
Sep 4, 2009, 07:43 PM
"Exam" or Igzam has 4 random effect units*, but one will be used.
So it's not an armor unit like I thought. I wonder if this means that you can change the Exam units so the effect will be different. This could also mean that there are other weapons with optional parts/units.

WBMike
Sep 4, 2009, 08:14 PM
It could be like that of the "extra" armor effects. It's just that it's such a weird term. Plus so far I have never seen any Puyo, or Aura's when "Sonic" had the weapon.

I don't get the term "Effect Unit" or maybe they mean to say "unit effects".

--

If it's "Effect Unit" then I can see it is talking about the auras.

If it's "Unit Effects"
It would have 4 units. For example, "Hizeri/Stamina" " Hizeri / Mind" "Vijerina / Power" "Red / Wall". Out of those 4 it will randomly pick 1 to apply to your character when you equip it.

landman
Sep 5, 2009, 12:29 AM
I think of Status Effect, so a sabre that can burn, freeze, sleep or silence randomly for example.

Clunker
Sep 5, 2009, 01:15 AM
Perhaps it means that Exam/Igzam will have one randomly generated Status Effect, like Stun or Poision?

EDIT: Damn, should read the last post before I hit 'send'. ><;

SubstanceD
Sep 6, 2009, 07:16 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/information/pspthebest/

New info (?) on what can be transferred and what can't be transfered. The bonus items are also explained.

The bonus items are a saber called the "Exam" (イグザム) that is equipable by all races and classes and a random effect unit. I assume this would be something like the extra units that give you an aura. I was hoping the bonus item wouldn't be the saber we saw in the video yesterday but it is. Bleh.

And for the nitty-gritty of the transfers, this is what transfers over:

# Race
# Sex
# Underwear color
# Eye color
# Lip color
# Skin color
# Body shape
# PM name
# PM type
# The parts/clothes you are wearing (they go in to your inventory apparently)

This is what doesn't:

# Level
# Voice type
# Voice pitch
# Anything besides body type, skin color, and lip color that is appearance related
# Accesories (ie hair?)
# Items in your inventory
# Meseta
# Type levels
# Photon arts
# Stored items
# Titles
# Item collection

And while I don't think this affects most of us, only characters from the retail version of PSP1 and not the demo/trial can be transferred.

It does not seem like there is all that much incentive to transfer your character over from PSP to PSP2. With the exception of the the the sabre called "Exam" and the clothes/parts on your back everythig else that you can transfer over can be set at the charcter creation screen. For all we know PSP2 might have a more in depth character creation screen with more facial options, hairstyles and clothing/part options than the previous game, why transfer your charcter over from the old game when your could probably make a better looking version from scratch in the new game?

Mike
Sep 6, 2009, 07:28 AM
Well, it does say that aside from race and sex everything else you can change is changeable.

I think I might have read somewhere that you go back in to character creation screen after you import your character but I don't have a source on that at the moment so don't take this as a 100%.

Mike
Sep 30, 2009, 08:43 PM
A bit more on the Exam, via Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2009/09/091001a.html)

The Exam is a C-rank weapon made by Kubara. It has an attack of 100 with an accuracy of 150. It has a 30% to 50% ice element decided at random. As you can see by the pictures posted previously, it has two blades and such is able to lock on to two enemies and attack both in a single swing.

The Shogai post above also includes a fair amount of information on other subjects like customization and new weapons as well.

Edit: I had to change some information based on the posted flyer and the Shogai info. The ice element is decided at random, apparently.

WBMike
Oct 1, 2009, 02:48 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/psp2-import.jpg

Importing from PSP2 Demo to PSP2 is possible but you get no EXAM :(
Importing from PSUAoI to PSP2 is possible and you get EXAM :)
Importing from PSP1 to PSP2 is possible and you get EXAM :)

Box art sample

[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/psp2box-scan.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Seems like you will need to register your product code to play Internet Multimode. The product code should be registered by 12/2/2010

Mike
Oct 1, 2009, 05:25 AM
The 4th bullet point on the back of the box, yeah. They must be thinking ahead. You can't re-register a serial / product code either. Feels like PSO :D I'm not too keen on the buying of items on PSN but it does say you can get download quests from the official site. The back of the box might be sending conflicting messages.

r00tabaga
Oct 1, 2009, 01:46 PM
I don't have PSP1 but I had AotI on my 360, I wonder how I can do that transfer??? Any1 know? I'd like the Exam please!

WBMike
Oct 1, 2009, 01:56 PM
The character import is in regards to the JAPANESE version of AotI.
So no you can not use your 360 AotI to import into PSP2 (unless of course SoA makes that happen but I wouldn't get your hopes up).

If you have a pc/ps2 aoti japanese account there will be a mission set up sort of like "Innocent Girl" where you can import your character.

r00tabaga
Oct 1, 2009, 02:02 PM
Ahhhhhh, thx Mike.