PDA

View Full Version : i hate ultimate now.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 22, 2003, 11:13 AM
last 4 runs through the ult mines and ruins have yielded nothing. nada. nyet. not a damned thing. i cant get to falz yet. damn indie belra's. anyone else having this problem? or does my copy just hate me now? guess i used up my limit on rares when i got my second frozen shooter.

Darkgy
Feb 22, 2003, 11:33 AM
On 2003-02-22 08:13, blue-hawk wrote:
last 4 runs through the ult mines and ruins have yielded nothing. nada. nyet. not a damned thing. i cant get to falz yet. damn indie belra's. anyone else having this problem? or does my copy just hate me now? guess i used up my limit on rares when i got my second frozen shooter.

yeah i know what ye mean it sucks the ult mode cannot do much damage either you'll have to be 130 or something i geus to get trough that damned ruins
and no weapens that i realy wanted can't find it:'(

Sephiroth4902
Feb 22, 2003, 11:48 AM
With my lvl 105 hunter i can get through all of ruins but i cant beat falz

TeamPhalanx
Feb 22, 2003, 12:28 PM
Come on... 4? The last good rare Phalanx found was like... Something around 10 million exp ago.

On the other hand, I am very envious (from Phalanx's perspective) of my RAmarl. She has done 2 FAMTISU runs and got all 3 mini-boss drops (STINK FRAME, PLANTAIN LEAF, REVIVAL GARMENT), found 2 TWIN PSYCHOGUNS w/o even looking for one, and her 2nd Hildetorr dropped a FROZEN SHOOTER that now has 35% hit. It's as if all my luck has shifted to one character.

DragonFang
Feb 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
I finally found Kasami Bracer off of a Nano Dragon in ult. Caves last night with my Bluefull HUmar. I was so happy.

Took me about 20 runs to find it but it was well worth it. Just be patient and stick to it and you'll find nice rares sooner or later.

Malecite
Feb 22, 2003, 12:37 PM
Ive spent the last 3 days in the mines on ultimate with my Fomar (who is invincible to those robots). Ive done roughly 15 runs and gotten nothing to show for it. For christs sake 15! The robot boss is supposed to drop a God Hp, Sinow Blues drop kasami bracers, and I did get a 0 slot luminous feild from a dubchic. All in all pretty dam lame. I can easily beat falz and the ruins is a cake walk but I want a bloody kasami bracer so im condemned to the mines...

TeamPhalanx
Feb 22, 2003, 12:39 PM
15 isn't a lot... for that matter, neither is 30...

Most of the items in the game is obtainable (average) in about 50 runs... Unfortunately, I'm the fool that hunts for those that require 100 + runs.

Manny
Feb 22, 2003, 01:19 PM
I'm working on SKYLY Mines and that darned J-Sword!
The mines should yield me something useful sometime soon but I doubt I'll get that J-Sword. I've gone through a lot of runs looking for it.

VulpesMundi
Feb 22, 2003, 04:39 PM
Blue-Hawk, you must be playing that RAmarl. Purplenum can have exceptionally stingy critters in the Ultimate Mine. I've seen that first hand. It's frustrating. Even the common L&K14 Combat seems impossible to find, unless it shows up out of a random box. Conversely, when you do manage to get into the Ruins you're going to quickly get sick of seeing Mahu drops, and even Guardianna drops will likely begin to get on your nerves after a few runs. lol

GandorDurin
Feb 22, 2003, 05:14 PM
My first run through the Ultimate Ruins I got three rares. Rico's Glasses, and two Meteor Cudgels.

Since then I've done about 50 runs and gotten no other rares, but about 30 photon drops.

Of course, I'm no longer looking for rares, so no big deal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

DragonFang
Feb 22, 2003, 07:31 PM
Two Meteor Cudgels in one run..

My friend has been looking for one for some time now with his Skyly chracter and he still can't find one.

Tulathis
Feb 23, 2003, 08:45 AM
Strange... I got a Meteor Cudgel my first time in the Ruins with Whitill too and not one since. Maybe it's a gift the first time you go in or something. Still looking for the Glasses though... not that they're all that usefull, just kinda cool.

BlankTK
Feb 23, 2003, 08:55 AM
4?

Whats your ID?

Anyways, im on my 35th lap through Yellowboze- Ultimate Mines. I have been looking for a N.U.G 2000 Bazooka. I found 4 Photon Drops from the canabins (enemy that drops the NUG), 2 parts of baranz, a cure/shock, and a zillion Gae Bolgs. Im not too discouraged about not finding the N.U.G though, because on average people find 3-5 Photon Drops before they find that "big rare"

I have also done 100 Whitill Doc's Secret Plan runs, looking fcr Handgun:Guld. 1000 Gran Sorcerors dead, no such luck, not even a PD. I did find a meteor cudgel, a perfect/resist, and 2 morning glorys though. I saw one Japanese person on the BBS who got a handgun:GULD after 2,600 Gran Sorcerors. That inspired some hope. Then i read another where some guy had done 1000 Doc's Secret Plans = 10,000 Gran Sorcerors, and no drop yet.

The last thing im looking for is a Handgun:Milla, apparently the drop ratio for them is 1/10,000 Tollaws. Thats the equivalent of like 140 Heat Sword quests -__-

Blue-Hawk
Feb 23, 2003, 11:57 AM
i dont have the time to make 50+ runs in a few days. and now, after 45+ kills on the gi guie, i STILL dont have that damned abdomen. whats it gonna take?! oh, and i am running under purplenum now. havent seen a red box in 3 days now.

scmfxt
Feb 23, 2003, 02:33 PM
Ha... 1000+ Tallow killed and I finally got my very own 1st Red Handgun. I wish sega would make Lost Heat Sword quest an offline download. I could use to lvl up and get some rare from it. Ah... what am I saying? That won't happen for awhile.

GandorDurin
Feb 23, 2003, 02:56 PM
I've probably killed over 5000 Tollaws, and still no Handgun: Milla.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gran Sorceror's drop Handgun: Guld for Whitill? Bwa? Is that a new discovery? I'll have to check the Item Findings...

Well just checked, it's not listed, so I guess it's a rumor for now.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GandorDurin on 2003-02-23 11:59 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 02:57 PM
45+ you say...

Bah! Overall, I've killed over 300+ of those damn things and have yet to get a rare drop.

Guntz348
Feb 23, 2003, 03:01 PM
How many Malqueeks are in an Ice Spinner quest? What ever that number is multiply it by 30 or 40 or so and thats how many I've killed. Still no yasha though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deus-Irae
Feb 24, 2003, 04:53 AM
yup! rare hunting can be a real pain!

it seems to go in cycles. sometimes your character finds a ton, sometimes NONE!

my main character just passed 300 hrs, and started finding rares again. 2 Lk COmbats from VOL OPT in 2 runs, and buncha PD's etc.

its a pain! but all the more rewarding when you find that rare that you were actually looking for (or one thats actually usefull!)

keep hunting! good luck!

Tulathis
Feb 24, 2003, 06:47 AM
When the Handgun Guld and Milla are combined to make the Guld Milla, which one does it get stats from? Does it get the stats of both of them combined? Is it really worth making once you've gone to the effort of finding two really good handguns?

TeamPhalanx
Feb 24, 2003, 09:04 AM
Equip one gun (primary) and use the other. The primary's photon % are carried over. So, you only need one good gun.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 24, 2003, 12:20 PM
I'd say the Guld Milla would be worth making. +200 ATP unground, or so I've heard, and given to a Ranger with high ATA and ATP, they'd be the ultimate single target destroyer.

Ranger_Larry
Feb 24, 2003, 04:27 PM
I thought Guld was male only, Milla female only, am I wrong? If that's the case, your stuck with the %s of the one you can equip!