PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Are People Seriously Quitting Cause of lag?

Muffins2ya
Sep 8, 2009, 05:03 PM
The 360 servers have been laggy as hell and now appearntly every1 i talk to is like "oh this is soooo boring" or "im not paying 10bucks amonth to lag"honestly? its gonna be fixed eventually? right?... :etongue: All im asking and saying is tht its nothing to quit over is it?

xBladeM6x
Sep 8, 2009, 05:26 PM
I haven't heard of people quitting over lag. The things I have heard people quitting over is "no content", and friends quitting.

No it's nothing to quit over, unless the lag is so bad that no matter what you can't connect to the server, or when you do, the lag is as follows; Hit...1...2...3...4...5... Then the damage pops up.

That, and most veterans who play this game are quitting due to nothing to do since they have everything, or they're waiting on PSP2 because what we know about it so far is what people have wanted since day one. (I'm not bashing, just stating reasons)

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 8, 2009, 05:26 PM
Nobody's quitting, they're just taking hiatuses since Moatoob GBR 2 was boring as hell. The last update was pretty substandard, as well. And yes... PSP2 has everything I want from an online Phantasy Star... and online will be free.........and it has a myriad of PSO content.

NDW
Sep 8, 2009, 05:31 PM
Some people are fed up with SEGA. I'm planning on taking a long break after MAG+ comes and goes.

BlackHowling
Sep 8, 2009, 05:41 PM
I quit because the game is pretty boring after 3 years of playing it.... I'll come back once the last few story missions get released, & after that I'll cancel my account for good. I've had plenty of fun with PSU and got more than my money's worth of entertainment out of it. Other MMOs & action MMO games will be coming out next year for consoles, and I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel to PSU popped up as well.

As for the lag, yea the last time I logged on it took about 8 mins for the character selection to load & the games I joined had people getting kicked left & right. It wasn't always like that though, so I'm sure they will get it fixed at some point.

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 8, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, I completely agree that I've had my money's worth. I'm sure I'll still play about another year. Until Final Fantasy XIV comes out (rumored to be shown for the 360 at TGS this month!)...

Somnia
Sep 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
I think quitting may be a little overboard, but I certainly haven't played much these past few days because of it. It really is pretty ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if the recent lag was the last straw for some people though.

BlackHowling
Sep 8, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh, I completely agree that I've had my money's worth. I'm sure I'll still play about another year. Until Final Fantasy XIV comes out (rumored to be shown for the 360 at TGS this month!)...

I doubt it honestly. Square-Enix already have it listed in the "show on video" half of their TGS list. I could see them announcing a 360 version, but I think all they'll show is a general video with some new footage. Maybe they'll announce a PC closed beta or something as well.

Well it's already been confirmed that it will launch on PS3 & PC only, so I'll just use my PS3 for that game.

Of course we all know FF14 will come out for the 360 as well, I just hope Micrsoft gets their s*** together so the gap between releases isn't a long one. I mean, Champions Online for the 360 is 100% done atm & MS still hasn't figured out how they want to deal with MMOs on the 360? Not that I'm saying they won't have it figured out by the time FF14 is ready to go mind you.

I'm kind of hoping Sega announces a PSU 2 for PC & HD consoles, probably won't happen but it would be cool.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 8, 2009, 07:12 PM
People have quit over less. I wouldn't worry about it.

As for actual reasons, I think the big ones have all been addressed.

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2009, 07:19 PM
I quit due to Sega and Sonic Team's constant incompetence, lack of proper management and content updates, and because of the fact there were simply better games out there. Most of the major problems that plague PSU today were still around months ago, or are recurring: server lag, billing errors, playing catch-up with Japan, character/game-balancing, etc. There's just no excuse for it - this shit should've been fixed a long time ago.

Gibdozer
Sep 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
People only quit playing PSU when their enjoyment is no longer tantamount to the subscription fee. It's never just one thing, but the most recent shortcoming(whatever it may be) usually takes the blame!

Panda-chan
Sep 8, 2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, they are. Because in comparison to other companies, the lag issues would have been fixed immediately. Even free mmos take care of their servers with scheduled maintenance. It's ridiculous. & like said before it's probably just the "last straw" for some people.:etongue:

Gibdozer
Sep 8, 2009, 07:50 PM
I quit due to Sega and Sonic Team's constant incompetence, lack of proper management and content updates, and because of the fact there were simply better games out there. Most of the major problems that plague PSU today were still around months ago, or are recurring: server lag, billing errors, playing catch-up with Japan, character/game-balancing, etc. There's just no excuse for it - this shit should've been fixed a long time ago.

If your still posting on the message boards about the game then you haven't really quit. You have quit paying Sega money, and your characters are inactive, but you are still actively involved with the game and its community.

To quit is to stop, cease, discontinue, to give up, resign, let go, or relinquish clearly this is not the case. You say "there were simply better games out there", wouldn't your time be better spent playing those "better games" than commenting on this one?

Squirrel3D
Sep 8, 2009, 08:24 PM
If your still posting on the message boards about the game then you haven't really quit. You have quit paying Sega money, and your characters are inactive, but you are still actively involved with the game and its community.

To quit is to stop, cease, discontinue, to give up, resign, let go, or relinquish clearly this is not the case. You say "there were simply better games out there", wouldn't your time be better spent playing those "better games" than commenting on this one?

I think he has a right to post in this place as much as I and anyone else does. He knows about PSU, he's played PSU, and he's told me one-on-one his reasons for quitting.

I know there are others just like him posting in this place, therefore it doesn't bother me one bit that he can comment around here.

But if it bothers you THIS much, then I can't help you.....:-?

Gibdozer
Sep 8, 2009, 08:54 PM
I think he has a right to post in this place as much as I and anyone else does. He knows about PSU, he's played PSU, and he's told me one-on-one his reasons for quitting.

I know there are others just like him posting in this place, therefore it doesn't bother me one bit that he can comment around here.

It doesn't bother me at all and I never said it did. My point is simply that he hasn't quit, which he hasn't because he is still involving himself with the game.

I could care less who posts or why, I made a logical comment and asked an honest question. Your getting awfully defensive In his name, especially since this wasn't intended as an attack.

Syndrome
Sep 8, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm quit do to boredom. Like others, I feel got my money's worth out of the game, and when I felt I did, I left. Currently playing the waiting game for Monster Hunter 3.

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 09:41 PM

No, if he quit PSU, he quit PSU. These forums are not only for PSU, note all the other sub topics, and the NAME of the forum.
Also, you have no right to tell someone they have to stop posting.
Tetsaru, no matter how much he complains about PSU and SEGA is right.
Everything he's said, he gave clear examples and reasons why he quit, is mad, or anything else.
He is NOT active in the GAME community, he's active in the FORUM community.

I agree.
Like I said below Gibdozers post, Tetsaru has the right to post anything he wants(within the rules, obviously), and can post anywhere he wants, as can everyone else.
Tetsaru has given enough reasons why, and people complain about him repeating himself, yet people ignore the fact he repeats himself because every other day we get topic repeating themselves, about SEGA sucks, horrible company, PSU is dead....blah blah the list goes on.
If people would stop complaining about SEGA, or trying to defend PSU against anything, then Tetsaru would stop posting repeating himself.
It's only because people repeat themselves that Tetsaru does because nothing will change.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 8, 2009, 10:43 PM
That still doesn't answer why he's still here. He hates the game. We get it. He hates SEGA. We know. He likes to call it SEGAC. That's still stupid and unfunny. Why doesn't he put all that effort into some other game? Maybe one he likes?

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 11:04 PM
Chuck, don't act like he's the only one that hates SEGA.
Yea, he may go overboard, but like I said, the reason he keeps posting what he does is because people keep posting what they do.
I rarely play PSU anymore, but I still come here, chat it up, play other games, and hang out.
There's decent people on this forum, and maybe that's why he comes here?

Powder Keg
Sep 8, 2009, 11:04 PM
I pray daily that I never become bored enough to complain about the same thing over and over again at this level.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 8, 2009, 11:43 PM
I pray daily that I never become bored enough to complain about the same thing over and over again at this level.

Exactly.

Chuck, don't act like he's the only one that hates SEGA.
Yea, he may go overboard, but like I said, the reason he keeps posting what he does is because people keep posting what they do.

I'm not. But at least most sega haters leave after the first couple of days. If you don't like the game, don't play it. And stop complaining about it on a fan site that's half built for it.

I rarely play PSU anymore, but I still come here, chat it up, play other games, and hang out.
There's decent people on this forum, and maybe that's why he comes here?

That's what programs like MSN and Steam were made for. If you like the people on the game, but hate the game itself, play with those people on a DIFFERENT game. Is it that hard to understand?

Tetsaru
Sep 8, 2009, 11:48 PM
You want to know why I hang around? It should be obvious.

I want to see this game succeed.

PSU WOULD be a good game if Sega and Sonic Team actually did something to it that would make it competent alongside other popular and successful MMO's, like WoW and FF11, yet as of late, and as everyone knows, their quality of games has reduced significantly. Although I have my suspicions as to what caused this (along with everyone else), I have yet to pinpoint an EXACT reason as to why this trend continues, seeing how these companies are so secretive in their actions and hardly ever address the gaming community publicly anymore.

Regarding PSU, I asked the following question (regrettably in FKL >_>), and I have yet to receive an answer that satisfies my curiosity:

Other than the character customization, the battle system, and "because I play it with my friends," what redeeming factors does PSU have (because those are the only ones I see), that constantly enthralls you people to continue to defend it so religiously?? Please enlighten me, because I fail to see the logic behind people playing a game when they have no valid reasons to, and just continue to insult me as their rebuttal.

I remain on these forums because I want some fucking answers, and I don't trust the "official" forums because they are unreliable (due to Sega's constant fuck-ups) and filled with more ignorant and unintelligent comments than the ones I've received here lately. On threads that asked why we did or did not like PSU, my posts were censored, as they often are on here, because apparently people either can't handle the truth to what I post, or they just don't want to listen to me. You guys remember when I sent in that complaint ticket? I couldn't even speak to a Sega official without some PSU GM intercepting first and barely giving me the time of day, as apparently they can't tell me wtf is going on either.

Everyone who's a regular here should know by now that I grew up as a gamer through Sega's games. They led me to love them and embrace my geeky lifestyle. Now, I feel that they've abandoned me, and as cheesy as that sounds, I think a lot of us can agree with that.

If you people want to listen to what I have to say on these forums, I welcome and appreciate you. I've made a lot of good friends on here and on PSU.

Otherwise, if you want to continue to insult me and censor my posts... then go ahead and fucking ban me so we can get on with our lives, because dammit, I'm going to post my opinions as I see fit, whether you like it or not. I'm sick of having to put up with people complaining over me every time I post something that's the least bit offensive or controversial.

Volcompat321
Sep 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
It's not hard to understand, but people might not have access to other games.
I'm not trying to defend what Tetsaru was saying, just trying to see the point in hating him when there's always.....eh nevermind. There really isn't any point.
I agree with what you say, and somewhat what Tet says.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 9, 2009, 12:05 AM
Tetsaru is absolutely right that SEGA is doing a crappy job. In fact, we know it so well, that it's the reason why people dislike his posts now.

I want to see this game succeed.

Is whinning about it on a fansite going to do anything?

I used to like reading your posts, honestly, Tet. You gave good arguments (Wether they were removed or not). But seriously. Enough is enough. You're only aggrivating people here. It's not like the director of Sega of Japan is going to read this site and think "Hmm...I better make the developers make this game good!" Let alone one member's specific posts.

Anyway, who here likes Dissidia?

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 12:10 AM
I do. lol
I still like reading his posts.

Tetsaru
Sep 9, 2009, 12:12 AM
Tetsaru is absolutely right that SEGA is doing a crappy job. In fact, we know it so well, that it's the reason why people dislike his posts now.

Is whinning about it on a fansite going to do anything?

I used to like reading your posts, honestly, Tet. You gave good arguments (Wether they were removed or not). But seriously. Enough is enough. You're only aggrivating people here. It's not like the director of Sega of Japan is going to read this site and think "Hmm...I better make the developers make this game good!" Let alone one member's specific posts.

I already said I wasn't able to submit a complaint ticket. If they aren't going to listen to me, who will?? What am I supposed to do, fly over to Japan and go all Segata Sanshiro on their HQ??

I'm out of good ideas, guys. =/

And yeah, I'd probably be playing Dissidia too... if I owned a PSP. <_>;

Chuck_Norris
Sep 9, 2009, 12:15 AM
I already said I wasn't able to submit a complaint ticket. If they aren't going to listen to me, who will?? What am I supposed to do, fly over to Japan and go all Segata Sanshiro on their HQ??

I'm out of good ideas, guys. =/

And yeah, I'd probably be playing Dissidia too... if I owned a PSP. <_>;

For the record, I'm not attacking you, Tet. It's just kind of like how people don't like religion due to the way people preach. Trying to pound the idea into your head through repetition. We all are disappointed in the game. It could of been a lot better. But it's on it's last legs. You're living a pipe dream if you think PSU can change at this point. Maybe the next phantasy star will live up. PSP2 looks promising.

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 12:27 AM
I see where you're coming from.
Though I like what he had to say.
He gives more valid points than the people complaining about him complaining(not you, others).

Chris28
Sep 9, 2009, 04:52 AM
I quit due to boredom...I have better things to use my $10 a month on!

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 04:57 AM
I think people quitting due to lag is just an excuse to quit.
They wanted to, but needed a little push. Well, there it is.

Powder Keg
Sep 9, 2009, 09:44 AM
Just a push, or seven.

Volcompat321
Sep 9, 2009, 09:48 AM
Or why not 35 cases of 060/5?