PDA

View Full Version : TECHNIC MALFUNCTION o_0

psymon17
Sep 12, 2009, 05:27 AM
I recently made masterforce, and spent most of the day leveling foie, dambarta, and diga to lvl 41. Not long after finishing, (and showing off a bit :P) the friends in my party told me my technics looked smaller again. I hopped on my cousins game (we play together in the same room) to check it out, and for some reason, they look fully leveled in my screen, but only level 21 in everyone elses.

Was just curious as to whether or not anyone knew why this was, and/or any way I might go about fixing it :/

str898mustang
Sep 12, 2009, 06:37 AM
when u level a technic, the players see the real graphic till u switch a weapon. I've seen a person cast two different looking Megids, looked pretty cool.

PSUTrukk
Sep 12, 2009, 06:38 AM
well, im not a techer, but from what ive heard friends say- ur spells appear to grow as u level them, but only for u. everyone else sees them as lower level animations to reduce lag. its actually a glitch that allows them to see it from the time u level it until u complete the block u r in. i think thats right and hope it helps.

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2009, 07:02 AM
The Technic cap was brought up because of the lag it gave to others (mostly PS2 players) I would assume.
When you level the technic, that is the only time anyone other than yourself can see technics over 31.
So, everyone can see the techs up to level 30.

psymon17
Sep 12, 2009, 08:57 AM
well i guess that makes sense... as long as its not me :p

Tetsaru
Sep 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
It's just a bullshit "fix" from Sonic Team to reduce lag/slowdown because they obviously don't know how to properly manage their own in-game graphics effects.

I feel so sorry for techers... :disapprove:

Volcompat321
Sep 12, 2009, 03:50 PM
Me too.
My beautiful techs cant be seen by others, which makes it almost stupid to level them past 21.
Cause we all know, PSU is about the looks. :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I want people to see my techs, and I want to see them!
If you don't have a PC or your PS2/360 cant handle the 31+, GET A NEW ONE!

Okay, done with my little mini rant.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 12, 2009, 09:59 PM
It wasn't lag. It was the fact that level 41 techs can completely blind a player when the camera is right in them. They simply are too big to be able to see when you're close to the monster. I don't like playing video games blind, thank you.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 12, 2009, 10:38 PM
I can agree with the reasons why they did that. Personally, I'd like to have the option of being able to see everyone's ridiculously large techs, if I wanted to. The lack of an option to turn that restraint on or off is annoying to me.

desturel
Sep 12, 2009, 11:28 PM
It wasn't lag. It was the fact that level 41 techs can completely blind a player when the camera is right in them. They simply are too big to be able to see when you're close to the monster. I don't like playing video games blind, thank you.

Of course a true fix to that problem is to use transparency when close up and have the full solid effect when at a distance. It's what most other games do and it would solve both the slowdown problem and the blinding other people problem. Since they didn't code the graphics to include transparency, techers are SOL until they do another expansion/new game (if they even bother to fix it in another expansion).

milranduil
Sep 13, 2009, 02:11 AM

A well aimed tech can still blind other party members.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2009, 02:31 AM

I could have sworn it was for lag, as well as blinding.

I can agree with the reasons why they did that. Personally, I'd like to have the option of being able to see everyone's ridiculously large techs, if I wanted to. The lack of an option to turn that restraint on or off is annoying to me.

I want an option!!
I think a lot of people would be happy with that, though we know we will never get an option :/

XbikXBd
Sep 13, 2009, 06:36 AM
when u level a technic, the players see the real graphic till u switch a weapon. I've seen a person cast two different looking Megids, looked pretty cool.

Actualy its every time you lv it up lol =p

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2009, 10:46 AM
That's what he said.
It does stop showing if you switch, or change blocks.

Chibi_psu
Sep 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
imagine 6 players spamming 41+ techs lol

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 07:41 PM
I love it.