PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 announced!

Itachi1990
Sep 14, 2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175655

Wow another one coming out next year sounds like it will be good.Can't Wait!

Kylie
Sep 14, 2009, 07:24 PM
Not bad. I never got to try the first two, but I've always been interested. Maybe I'll get in on this.

Kent
Sep 14, 2009, 07:46 PM
I didn't play Fable II because the first one was such a horrible, horrible disappointment.

This one sounds like it's essentially going to be SimKingdom... Which might end up being even worse. :/

Squirrel3D
Sep 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
Damn I barely played the 2nd one thus far. Looks like I better get on it now....

I'm just shocked they would annouce a sequel so soon.

Kizeragi
Sep 15, 2009, 06:07 AM
I didn't play Fable II because the first one was such a horrible, horrible disappointment.

This one sounds like it's essentially going to be SimKingdom... Which might end up being even worse. :/

And I thought Fable II was even worse than the first game. (Although Fable I wasn't too bad actually) By the sounds of this game, I believe "SimKingdom" would be the ideal title, and after F2's disappointment, I'm not suprised if this game is 3x worse.

Or maybe they (Lionhead Studios) can redeem themselves. Who knows. =)

Outrider
Sep 15, 2009, 09:25 AM
I think the more interesting announcement is that they're going to be releasing Fable 2 as a five-part episodic game on XBLA, with the first chapter going for the low, low price of free.

Even better is that if you decide you like the game after playing the first part, but find the disc cheaper than the download version, the save files will transfer over without any trouble.

This might finally help me decide if I actually want to get Fable 2 or if I'm just obsessed with the customization options.

SubstanceD
Sep 15, 2009, 02:14 PM
At first I was excited when I heard that Lionhead were working on Fable 3 since I enjoyed Fable 2, then I heard about some of the new features and I'm no longer sure what to think about this game. I'm worried that Fable 3 is going to be too much like a Sim Game or a God game, I don't want to delagate actions to NPC's and watch them do stuff, I want to do this stuff myself.

I will reserve my final judgement untill the game is finished, more info is available and someone has played ( and finished ) the final version, untill then I will remain skeptical.

amtalx
Sep 15, 2009, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't mind a departure from the current Fable formula. Lionhead's God games were and still are the best out there. I'll just wait and see.

washuguy
Sep 16, 2009, 09:05 AM
WOOT! I really liked Fable 2 and looking forward to Fable 3, I think you get to be a king or queen in this one, i did no research LOL

Niered
Sep 16, 2009, 01:33 PM
Get ready for more of Peter Molyneux's failed promises!

watashiwa
Sep 16, 2009, 03:28 PM
Even if Mr. Molyneux didn't deliver everything he said previously, I still enjoyed Fable 2. Not sure why people talk down on it that much. Some people call it trash, some say that it wasn't any where as good as Fable 1, etc., etc.

I didn't play Fable 1, but I did thoroughly play Fable 2 and completed every quest in it, including DLC. It was very enjoyable on it's own.

I mean, not everybody hated Fable 2, and I bet there are more people who enjoyed it than those who complain about it. And, usually, complainers try to be louder than everybody else... but it was a genuinely good game, imho.

Definitely looking forward to Fable 3, even if it's only 25% of what Molyneux promises.

Sinue_v2
Sep 16, 2009, 07:39 PM
Fable I & II were horrible if you were expecting them to live up to Peter Molyneux's promises. On their own, they're imaginative and unique games which were fun - but far too short on content, post-game stuff, and far too easy. I JUST got Fable II last week and I beat it by the end of the weekend, and have yet to die once despite having a gimped character who's only buffed out in health, skill, and Time Control. I almost never use my sword except as crowd control in tight quarters, and mainly use Time Control to ninja behind enemies when I can't headshot them at a distance.

Still, the very British atmosphere of Fable I & II were a breath of fresh air in the market dominated by generic RPG themes of American/Japanese RPGs. And for what it was worth, and what I paid for it, it was well worth the time and money invested. I just don't know about paying $20 for the Knothole Island extras which should have been included IMO.

amtalx
Sep 17, 2009, 11:56 AM
Well...almost. Its not quite news, but its not that old. :p Peter Molyneux announced it at Gamescom last month in Cologne. There was a lot of speculation before that, but that was the first official word.