PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze Dead at 57

Delete
Sep 14, 2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iI6rYwtW5ttJYhJ51d_aPbnBpDkQD9ANEUGG0

Were still losing people :( This whole year has been terrible.

R.I.P Patrick Swayze

Tyreek
Sep 14, 2009, 09:41 PM
Ghost was the first movie I watched with him. With a stunning performance he made along with Whoopi Goldberg and Demi Moore. He will not be forgotten. R.I.P Patrick Swayze.

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
I knew 2009 was the year of death, seems like everyone's dying. >_>

Delete
Sep 14, 2009, 09:53 PM
I remember seeing that one too Tyreek. Also, he made a great song called "she's like the wind". I believe it was in the film Dirty Dancing but I could be wrong.

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 09:56 PM
I loved Dirty Dancing....
R.I.P. Patrick Swayze.

Sayara
Sep 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
For what its worth, he damn well survived past his predicted lifespan with his ailness and all.

AC9breaker
Sep 15, 2009, 12:32 AM
So I guess it's safe to say that he, Gave up the ghost?

Leviathan
Sep 15, 2009, 12:35 AM
Nobody puts Swayze in the corner. </3

R.I.P.

Phaesphora
Sep 15, 2009, 01:35 AM
Married to the same woman for 34 years... class that shames the other men of Hollywood. I think he was a fine performer and a good human being, pretty rare these days.

Rest in peace.

SubstanceD
Sep 15, 2009, 01:59 PM
In a way it was ineviatble considering the how sick he was and the type of cancer he had, still I was sad to hear that he passed away. Like many others before me have said, 2009 is shaping up to be the year of death.

Funny, last night I was watching the E! Entertainment channel and they were showing the "Patrick Swaze: The True Hollywood Story" so I was thinking about him and his career when I heard the news this morning ( I live in Ireland by the way so Patrick probably was still alive when that progarm aired on tv ).

I remember seeing that one too Tyreek. Also, he made a great song called "she's like the wind". I believe it was in the film Dirty Dancing but I could be wrong.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have heard that song, I only found out about a year or two ago that he sung that. I would never have guessed that the guy from Road House adn Point Break could sing or that he was a professional dancer.

Sinue_v2
Sep 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
I never really cared for him as an actor, but am sorry to hear that he died.

I was beginning to think that it was strange how many celebrities were dying recently... until I figured out that it's probably just because I'm getting older and all those actors/authors I grew up with seeing as a kid are getting old as hell. I think I just never really noticed the deaths of celebrities from before my time, because, who the hell were they again? That, and there's just so many more celebrities from the last 50 years of the 20th century compared to the previous 50 years.