PDA

View Full Version : What character are you?

ARASHIKAGE
Sep 14, 2009, 10:08 PM
In PSO I was RAmar. name: Storm Shadow
In PSU I was Human PT. name: Storm Shadow

I know we all play with many different alts and In PSU's case you gotta try out all the different classes. But as your main, has anyone figured out who they want to be yet? Does anyone have any pre-running made up story lines for their character?

SirTopps
Sep 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
i know im going to be a fomar. thats all i know.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2009, 10:35 PM
HUmar, just like I was in PSO. 8D
Maybe a FOmar.. ;o

SirTopps
Sep 14, 2009, 10:51 PM
well i know my other 2 will be a robot and a newman duh. and i mean a ranger and a hunter .

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2009, 11:05 PM
Too bad you can only have 3 characters, y'know? :<

Arikado
Sep 14, 2009, 11:17 PM
RAmar represent~

SirTopps
Sep 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
well yeah i know. im just saying. i want a hunter and cast and newman and ranger. i think i can find some common grounds.

DChip
Sep 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
A HUmar, since I really loved Sword fight more than anything, also, my first character was a generic HUmar (the orange one in the game box, actually XD)

Zero Revenge
Sep 15, 2009, 12:20 PM
RAmar represent~

Don't worry, we're here. We just stay towards the back of the crowd. :wacko:

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'll likely play my candidates on the Japanese version. FOmar and RAmar.
Representing the magical and long range of male human choices. More 100 modification point goodness. :) :) :)

That, and the idea that they gave human males some interesting outfits, for a change. While the cowboy thing is pretty nice, I don't think I've seen a neater FOmar design. One of the odd times I enjoy the look of FOmar over FOmarl. It's this game where, for those two classes, it seems they were more tame with their female outfits and took the wild risks with the male ones. In all of Phantasy Star, it's usually the other way around.

Arikado
Sep 15, 2009, 04:38 PM
It seems they were more tame with their female outfits and took the wild risks with the male ones. In all of Phantasy Star, it's usually the other way around.QFT

In PSU though, playing Male characters was just impossible for me, they were too fugly to my tastes, I made 3 characters and they were all females. :P

(PSU was probably the game that had the most "male playing female characters".)

Zero Revenge
Sep 15, 2009, 10:38 PM
That, and the idea that they gave human males some interesting outfits, for a change. While the cowboy thing is pretty nice, I don't think I've seen a neater FOmar design. One of the odd times I enjoy the look of FOmar over FOmarl. It's this game where, for those two classes, it seems they were more tame with their female outfits and took the wild risks with the male ones. In all of Phantasy Star, it's usually the other way around.

I really like the RAmar especially; I love the Civil War/Union-side Kepi.

...I was a huge Civil War buff when I was younger. :3

Mike
Sep 15, 2009, 10:54 PM
I have a RAcaseal, a FOnewm, and a HUmar. This covers all three races. In PSO, I had some back stories for my characters. I think I might have posted them here once. I don't plan on having any for my PS0 characters since they just don't have the look or feel to them that the PSO ones did. They do inherit my general character names though. Lachesis for the caseals and Foln for the HUmar.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 16, 2009, 01:49 PM
there hasn't been a doubt in my mind that i would be a hunewm since i first saw the game. and about the story it's coming along.

Akaimizu
Sep 16, 2009, 02:22 PM
Another thing I really hope they keep, for future releases, is the better variety of cast design. I do like the idea of casts designed for specific classes instead of a one size fits all thing. They did something similar for Newmn. Body forms that basically fit the occupation. If you're going Hunter type, you should be lithe and athletic looking. Gunners would be more-or-less a weapon's platform. :) :) :) Or in the case of Newmn, the Magic users are less physical-looking. One of the design ideas I felt were nice in this game.

Kind of makes me want to make a Hucast, afterwards. Just for the VO, robo-sentai look. :) :)

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 16, 2009, 02:40 PM
PSO I - II..................DANIEL FOMAR
PSU V.1 AND AOTI.... AGENT DANIEL FORCE
PSZ JAP.................... DANIEL FOMAR

every time i choose human force because when your techincs kick every single ass in the game i switch to sabers, double saber for the challenge...(ultimate ruin with my force and his agito 2001 and the g assasins saber was perfect and all ep 2 was freakin hard in ultimate)...

ARASHIKAGE
Sep 20, 2009, 11:37 PM
Don't worry, we're here. We just stay towards the back of the crowd. :wacko:

What a fitting RAmar-k haha!

...Oh god that was cheesey.

Zero Revenge
Sep 21, 2009, 01:27 AM
In all honesty, I didn't mean for it to have that double meaning.

I amaze myself.

Galeohn
Sep 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
Definitely HUnewm! I wish I could make myself look like Reve though, awesome visor/glasses/ or whatever they are.

Niered
Sep 25, 2009, 01:37 AM
I'm going RAmarl. Mainly because I want a ranged character with some basic support capabilities, as it would appear that none of my friends wish to play Force. I like the way they look, and it doesn't seem many people are playing them. Otherwise I'd play a RAmar.

I'll make a FOnewm after that, since in my PS experience I barely ever touch them, and then finally HUcast-caseal. Get every class and race in one cart eh?

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 25, 2009, 04:33 AM
In PSO I was RAmar. name: Storm Shadow
In PSU I was Human PT. name: Storm Shadow

I know we all play with many different alts and In PSU's case you gotta try out all the different classes. But as your main, has anyone figured out who they want to be yet? Does anyone have any pre-running made up story lines for their character?

I dont know if that was you in Skyline Lobby1, but I was standing around a Storm Shadow there buggin them.. was that you that gave me that plain face...? lol

Ill be a FOmar, Hunewm and undecided on the 3rd slot...

SupraMedical68
Sep 25, 2009, 10:53 AM
I'm always split between being a close and long range fighter. I've always enjoyed hacking and slashing away, but I still like to have something for long range as well...

In PSO my favorites were the Humar and Ramar.
For PSU I liked ForteFighter, Acrofighter, and Protranser the best.

For this game I'll probably go back to being Humar and Ramar again.

MaikeruChan
Sep 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
Pso - Sheena, FOnewearl
Psu - Kyle, Human Force

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
Pso - Sheena, FOnewearl
Psu - Kyle, Human Force

In Blue Burst there is a massive hacker deleting chars named Sheena

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2009, 12:51 PM
And in Phantasy Star Universe there is a character massively hacking the english language named Sheena.

MaikeruChan
Sep 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
I only play offline. I don't have the items that allows me to play online.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 25, 2009, 01:19 PM
Probably going to roll a RAmarl. I hope she has the same handgun firing animation as the PSO counterpart.

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think the firing animation will be exactly the same. But you might like this one just as much, if not better. We're back to having most weapons as vintage firing weapons. So some guns have firing animations that were never present before. Things are a lot different when they're actually firing true projectiles. You'll even have some weapon-prep animations after firing a combo, in there. Something that I thought was kind of cool since we're going back in time, not firing just photons with energy batteries.

Don't forget the new gun PA arts.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
Oh my god I forgot about PA gun arts. Well thats cool. I might just look up some videos on Youtube on PSZ. Just to see what I'm gettin...and that I can't wait till November.

CAMPSO
Oct 1, 2009, 10:22 PM
In PSO i mainly used a Humar named Asakura and a Fonewm named Kyo. I'll probably stick with those two, but idk for sure yet.:-?

I might try out Ramars cuz they look cool

pso_crash
Oct 12, 2009, 01:51 PM
This will be my first phantasy star multiplayer and I'm looking forward to the hucast.

Drakorn
Oct 13, 2009, 06:03 AM
I'd love to try all before I go for one but on PSO I was a FOmar and for PSU I was a Force Newman, so I might be the same for PSZ.

thejokie
Oct 13, 2009, 03:54 PM
PSO - Jokie, HUcast
PSU - Jokie, Male Cast, Ranger (Couldn't wait to unlock the HUcas parts)
PSZ - Jokie, HUcast

I think we have a pattern here folks. But I love that in PSZ I can go for a Gundam type look. Looking more mecha-ish just makes a Cast seem cooler.

Giezus
Oct 14, 2009, 03:15 PM
In PSO my main was a RAmar named Giezus. For Zero I know I want to be a ranger, though I'm debating between RAmar or RAmarl. Knowing me though, I'll end up with a RAmar like usual.

kirtblue
Oct 14, 2009, 11:51 PM
i cant wait to play the humarl i just gotta play one of the new characters