PDA

View Full Version : GC: offline crashes

Ryn
Feb 22, 2003, 06:04 PM
I decided to upgrade my dreamcast to a gamecube a few days ago so i could play some new pso. haven't gotten a hold of a bba yet, so i haven't played online and have just been playing offline. however, the thing crashes like crazy. i assume these are fsod's from what i've read here, but i haven't read about them happening offline. it will crash after about 5 minutes if i just let the demo movies run resulting in a black screen. it will crash if i flip around in the title or sub menus too much or too fast. it crashes randomly on vr temple alpha. it crashes on the forest boss. basically it's anytime, anywhere. i have sufficient airflow as i stuck in the open and off the carpet. and the resulting crash leaves nothing working, but music still plays and the last frame is still displayed. hitting the reset button does nothing and i have to shut the whole system off to end it all.

so my question is, is this normal? or do i have a faulty gamecube.

ps.. since that gamecube deal was running, i picked up metroid at the time for free as well. and that game crashes even faster and more often than pso. I've read about a very specific part in the game where it seems to crash for almost everyone, but i haven't even gotten that far yet. so this with pso crashing is what makes me think the gc is faulty.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 22, 2003, 06:55 PM
Really shouldn't be crashing offline like that =@_@=;;
Maybe the lens of the gamecube or the discs are dirty/scratched. Or the gamecube could be bad. pupupu, you could do some experiments such as using your PSO disc on another person's gamecube, to see if it's your gamecube at fault.

satoshi1
Feb 22, 2003, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a problem with your Gamecube. I have both PSO (I play offline) and Metroid Prime and neither of them have crashed once. That really sucks, but since you bought it recently it should still be in warranty.

DragonFang
Feb 22, 2003, 11:41 PM
That sucks, take the thing back and get yourself a new one.

Ryn
Feb 23, 2003, 12:29 AM
I seem to be having issues with my account here and unable to post or login properly. Anyways, thanks for the input. I think I'll take it back to the store tomorrow and try to exchange it for a new one.

Axispoint
Feb 24, 2003, 02:53 AM
hey Ryn how did that go? Can ya' finally play PSO fine? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm getting a Gamecube as soon as my tax return comes in so I play PSO Ep 1&2 from the comfort of my own home (well, minus the online play). I have the game already, just gotta get the system http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.