PDA

View Full Version : Why does JP psu get updates every week and we get NONE?

DownTown
Sep 17, 2009, 03:32 PM
Is japan cooler then USA...............................uhhhhh NOOOOO!!!!

CJ Johnny
Sep 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
You've said it right at the begining.
"JP psu"

Volcompat321
Sep 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
There are hundreds of topics just like this.
Let me save you the embarrassment and tell you to edit the first post, and change the name of the title.

No, Japan isn't cooler than anyone. No one is cooler than them.
If your country made a game, would you support your country, or the country it gets imported to?
That's all I'm saying.
Btw, I still play PSU...

Ruru
Sep 17, 2009, 03:39 PM
PSU comes from japan >.>;

not to mention any updates we get have to be translated by our crack team of top translators over at SoA before we even see it.

can you smell the sarcasm?

Kizeragi
Sep 17, 2009, 03:59 PM

In my opinion, yes they are, lol.

There are hundreds of topics just like this.
Let me save you the embarrassment and tell you to edit the first post, and change the name of the title.

No, Japan isn't cooler than anyone. No one is cooler than them.
If your country made a game, would you support your country, or the country it gets imported to?
That's all I'm saying.
Btw, I still play PSU...

Agreed with you here, only reason I say Japan is cooler is because of personal preference. I've visited both countries, liked them both, I just prefered Japan lol.

not to mention any updates we get have to be translated by our crack team of top translators over at SoA before we even see it.

I sure can, something about SoA's team of epic translation skillz, amirite? :wacko:

But yeah, might wanna change topic title, or this topic will probably be locked. (It'll probably be locked anyway, too many topics like this.)

And if your unhappy with the updates, you better get used to it, or leave the game like many others have. I only quit because 9/10 of my friends did, I'm not paying monthly for a solo game, no thanks. =)

inb4lock.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 17, 2009, 04:06 PM
It smells like flowers

Nitro Vordex
Sep 17, 2009, 05:06 PM
:sleep:

Retehi
Sep 17, 2009, 07:20 PM
inb4 tetsaru

Gunslinger-08
Sep 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
inb4 tetsaru

Wow. How did that happen?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 17, 2009, 08:37 PM
You'll be ok.

unicorn
Sep 17, 2009, 08:57 PM
Japanese people dont like the white man.

Its sad, but true. They're very xenophobic.

Tetsaru
Sep 17, 2009, 11:34 PM
inb4 tetsaru

You called?

Lol, summoning sickness. :3

Allison_W
Sep 18, 2009, 01:44 AM
Japanese people dont like the white man.

Its sad, but true. They're very xenophobic.

Segac doesn't care about white people.

And yet I line up and pay a tenbux every month to be abused. At least it's cheaper than a professional dominatrix.

ashley50
Sep 18, 2009, 02:03 AM
Japan IS cooler...always has been. Where do you think the Game originated from? here on US?! Sorry but SEGA isn't a US gaming company its from JAPAN.

Have you seen Back To the Future P3? When Marty Said "The Cool stuff always comes from Japan".

And if you don't like how WE/NA/EU servers are treated, then just stop playing the game? Is it hard to do that?

Volcompat321
Sep 18, 2009, 07:37 AM
The point is, why bring a game over to US/EU if you're just going to "forget" about them.
Specially if you don't like them.
It's some kind of abuse, cause they tease us with this amazing game, then make it so horribly ran, that people complain.
Yea, cool story.

Outrider
Sep 18, 2009, 09:33 AM
Sorry but SEGA isn't a US gaming company its from JAPAN.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER:

Sega was founded in 1940 as Standard Games (later Service Games) in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States,[6] by Marty Bromely, Irving Bromberg, and James Humpert to provide coin-operated amusements for American servicemen on military bases. Bromely suggested that the company move to Tokyo, Japan in 1951 and in May 1952 "SErvice GAmes of Japan" was registered.

From Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega#Origins_and_entry_into_the_video_game_market_ .281945.E2.80.931989.29)

But yeah, they've been headquartered in Japan ever since. I just wanted to nitpick.

To be on topic - OP, use the search function. You'll find that there have been hundreds of topics about how terrible PSU is. In fact, just look up "terrible" in the dictionary and you should see it reference PSU.

At least, that's what I would assume.

Volcompat321
Sep 18, 2009, 09:42 AM
Wow, I didn't know SEGA was made in the US!
Pretty interesting.
Someone should remind SoJ about that....

Tetsaru
Sep 18, 2009, 03:14 PM
SErvice GAmes? Huh, didn't know that.

If that's the case, then I want some damn service.

*bangs fists on his desk* THIS CAN'T WAIT A MONTH!

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf6qS8m5bG0

[/spoiler-box]

amtalx
Sep 18, 2009, 03:59 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a company that was founded in Hawaii moved to Japan...after the Pearl Harbor bombing? Now the company unloads poorly supported games on the US. I guess this is revenge for that whole atomic bomb thing.

US: 0
JP: 1

Volcompat321
Sep 18, 2009, 04:16 PM
No, not really.
I think we've moved on from that.

Powder Keg
Sep 18, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, they might think we're all fat, but that's about it.

DreXxiN
Sep 18, 2009, 05:22 PM
Seriously? I came in here expecting that dead horse beating .GIF...I'm disappointed :(.

autumn
Sep 18, 2009, 08:14 PM
I love that gif

Vanzazikon
Sep 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
No, not really.
I think we've moved on from that.You poor delusional boy. :nono:

Volcompat321
Sep 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
Well, I know I've moved on from that Vanz.

Retehi
Sep 19, 2009, 12:02 AM
Well, I know I've moved on from that Vanz.

Unless you're 70 or 80 years old, I think it goes without saying you "moved on" from Pearl Harbor. :roll:

AC9breaker
Sep 19, 2009, 06:46 AM
Segac doesn't care about white people.

SEGA = KANYE WEST? (http://kanyelicious.appspot.com/www.pso-world.com)

Volcompat321
Sep 19, 2009, 11:54 AM
Unless you're 70 or 80 years old, I think it goes without saying you "moved on" from Pearl Harbor. :roll:

My point exactly.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2009, 12:36 PM
You didn't have anything to move on from. :roll:

Volcompat321
Sep 19, 2009, 12:43 PM
I did. I had the thought of what happened.
It's a thought, and not personal experience, but it's something.
Also, why would it matter so much?
They "bomb" Pearl Harbor, we retaliate, it's over.
(That probably sounded really ignorant, but I assure you I'm not trying to be)

Vanzazikon
Sep 19, 2009, 12:49 PM
Like the B-52s, everything soared across your head. :roll:

Volcompat321
Sep 19, 2009, 12:58 PM
No, no, no, the B-52's didn't.

KodiaX987
Sep 19, 2009, 03:00 PM
Glad to see the world's oldest, most played and most watched sport still incites passion into people.

Canada better make the playoffs this year. I can't believe we had to forfeit the Afghanistan game when it was almost in the bag. This is gonna be a serious blow to the 22nd Battalion's record for sure.

Back to you, Romeo...

Weeaboolits
Sep 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
I haven't the faintest clue why a game would receive better support in the country in which it's produced and has a healthy fanbase than one that it's fairly unpopular in.

watashiwa
Sep 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
I haven't the faintest clue why a game would receive better support in the country in which it's produced and has a healthy fanbase than one that it's fairly unpopular in.

Get one?

Powder Keg
Sep 22, 2009, 11:29 AM
Get one?

:chuck-ball:

watashiwa
Sep 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
;) ,

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Sep 26, 2009, 05:17 PM
Translations lawl.

Sa2 Trial(came with ver1) had the best one.

Sa2 Trial
Whistle here! Someone is be hiding around here.

Sa2 final
Try whistling here! There must be someone here!

hunterseifer
Oct 4, 2009, 02:39 PM
JP stopped caring for the USA :(

Vanzazikon
Oct 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
Nah, they just don't care about you.

Kylie
Oct 4, 2009, 09:02 PM
Let me put it simpler terms: Japan > US in terms of financial investments in games such as PSU, which was also started in Japan and continues to be significantly more successful over there. Sucks to be US.

hunterseifer
Oct 6, 2009, 10:47 AM
Nah, they just don't care about you.

That cant really apply to me since I havent played online for almost six month's :-P

Zarode
Oct 6, 2009, 01:47 PM

This started a boom of replies to defend GLORIOUS NIPPON.

Dear god this is the best freakin' thread. Never have I laughed so hard in my life. Come, Anime named forum members and Japanese Gamer Tag fiends! Come, and defend your glorious land. :lol:

Besides FOne Lina. We coo'.

Volcompat321
Oct 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
I think my username is very...non Japanese.
Along with my character names in PSU, other forum names...Duh, it's Volcompat321 pretty much everywhere. (Not PSU names...).

Who really cares anyway?
Not like hating or loving Japan is going to change how they feel about the United States, or American or European players in a game.

Allison_W
Oct 6, 2009, 03:43 PM
lolgloriousnippon

How many subscribers do the regional (PC/PS2 and 360) servers have compared to the JP servers, anyway? Some numbers on that--or, at the very least, on how many stars fill up over here (mostly on the 360, granted) compared to the JP servers--might be enlightening.

That aside, however, exporting a product and then treating your foreign customers like second-raters just because they're foreign is kind of a dick move, and it isn't wrong to expect proper service for being a paying customer even if the company isn't a domestic one. Especially when it has a branch in your country.

On the flip side, in Sega's defense, Sony Computer Entertainment America mandates that all updates to games on its systems (lolPS2support) spend two weeks in testing before being released. The Japanese servers aren't subject to Sony Computer Entertainment America's whims. That's at least part of the reason why US updates come more slowly than JP ones, and it's one Sega can't change.