PDA

View Full Version : Grinders

Shotgun100
Sep 21, 2009, 03:26 PM
Wot is the point of using grinders???

Ketchup345
Sep 21, 2009, 04:57 PM
They let you make your weapon more powerful, to a point. Each weapon has a different maximum grind. Each +1 grind adds 2 ATP (if I recall correctly).

ViewtifulJoe
Sep 21, 2009, 05:54 PM
For some weapons, grinders make a huge difference. I use a Yasminkov 3000R, which has 400 power, but it grinds to +60, which gives it 520 power, which I believe is the most powerful rifle in the game.

Have you used grinders or did you just come here first thing?

Blizz3112
Oct 10, 2009, 04:25 PM
Probably in the non-Japanese versions. Some Rianovs are even stronger...

Grinders tend to be used up way too quickly for weaker weapons. Best to collect some, store them and use them for weapons worth the grinding...

psofan219
Oct 14, 2009, 04:53 PM
Actually, Yas7k beats out both Yas3k and all of the Rianovs in terms on ATP increase. In terms of damage potential Rianov 5 may win there due to penetration. Now that that's out of the way...

As others said already, grinders are used for making weapons stronger. Each weapon has a limit to how many grinders can be used on it. There are even some weapons that can't have grinders used on them. Each grind level (indicated by the +(number here) you see next to the weapon) increases the ATP of that weapon by 2. Hope that clears things up.

MetaZedlen
Oct 15, 2009, 06:36 PM
Actually, Yas7k beats out both Yas3k and all of the Rianovs in terms on ATP increase.
While I have no knowledge on the Rianovs, I will correct you in the fact that when both fully ground, the Yas 3kR beats the Yas 7kV I think by 20 ATP, but if you have both weapons fresh with no grinders whatsoever, then the Yas 7kV blows the 3kR WAY out of the water in ATP and performance (I like on how it has the shot radius).

Vanzazikon
Oct 15, 2009, 08:25 PM
It'd be much better if it can damage 5 enemies at once as well.