PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 No official confirmation yet, but PSP2 is coming west

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
So today some websites had some info leaked from the Sega's FTP, it was mainly about some suggestions made with sony for the near future, and concerning PSP2:

PSU2
Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both.

Sega has been trying to prevent the info spreading, but it seems it's too late, you will be able to find it in most websites at the moment, it even talks about confidential sony information.

Tweengo
Sep 22, 2009, 10:10 AM
Doubt it will come out here in the UK, like some other game.....damn you Sega! I wanted to play PSO Plus :(

VariaXVIII
Sep 22, 2009, 11:23 AM
So today some websites had some info leaked from the Sega's FTP, it was mainly about some suggestions made with sony for the near future, and concerning PSP2:

[info here]

Sega has been trying to prevent the info spreading, but it seems it's too late, you will be able to find it in most websites at the moment, it even talks about confidential sony information.

What I don't understand is why they call it PSU2 and refer to the PSP units as 30/35k when they're only in the 3000 series. Wouldn't that make it 3 or 3.5k? :P

EDIT: Unless that's a typo on your part or something. o_O

landman
Sep 22, 2009, 11:54 AM
This was leaked as a summary from a Sega and Sony meeting, this is like an internal note they had in their FTP since august and today someone found it, so this is not an official note, most games in this document are refereed differently from the official name: Sonic Racing (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing), Valkyria 1937 (Valkyria Chronicles 2), Yakuza (Yakuza 3) or PSU2 (Phantasy Star Portable 2)

I think that 30/35k refers to the units they plan to release in a bundle pack with PSP/PSPGo or suggest to release.

You can find the complete document in most game websites at the moment :)

Amherst_Wind
Sep 22, 2009, 11:55 AM
The actual document if you've seen it is kinda more like rough notes.

I think there should be a full stop between the PSP and 30-35k, in other words...

"Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP. 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both."

panzer_unit
Sep 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
There was a LOT of information about other games and stuff in that leak. My favorite bit was about a possible Japanese "import" channel on PSN for JP-language games with minimal localization. Also mentioned were getting PS2 and DC games on PSN for download.

Dreamcast games on PS3. Think about that.

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 12:59 PM
We'll see about that. They scrapped PS2 compatibility altogether, and I doubt they have something ready that can do DC software. I'll have to leave that to mere speculation.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 22, 2009, 01:19 PM
We'll see about that. They scrapped PS2 compatibility altogether, and I doubt they have something ready that can do DC software. I'll have to leave that to mere speculation.

They scrapped built in emotion engine chips (because it was costing too much to make them I imagine) but they recently trademarked a system to emulate the emotion engine using software, so they were definately planning on doing it, so if anything this leak just makes me believe its even more likely.

Akaimizu
Sep 22, 2009, 01:22 PM
That would be nice, but I'll just have to do a wait and see. I've learned not to get my hopes up with them. Unless they say it's definitely coming.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 22, 2009, 03:34 PM
PSP2 should freakin come to the west! I don't want to import it, due to the whole fact I'll get frustrated to no end about what the hell is going on. I don't want to learn a different language just so I can play a game. I learned that from PSOBB. Damn JP client...

Volcompat321
Sep 22, 2009, 04:07 PM
You don't need to learn the language to play.
I imported PS:P1 when it was new, and since I played PSU so much, and friends played PSO, together we knew what everything was.

For armor, we noticed the stats, and looked em up on the internet, then knew what we were wearing.

Though at first, I only used armor that was better than the one before, and had the most slots.

Phaesphora
Sep 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
I've been waiting for a PSP2+PSP 3000 bundle announcement. I'm rather doubtful of it coming to NA, but even if it did... I'd already have the JP bundle. Unless the JP unit is seriously ugly.

Totori
Sep 22, 2009, 09:48 PM
Sega just trying to get more publicity,....SOA could learn a little from them.

Dragwind
Sep 22, 2009, 09:59 PM
Quite interesting... if this info is true, it's still only a possibility. I don't see why they wouldn't release it elsewhere though.

WinterSnowblind
Sep 23, 2009, 12:52 PM
They're meeting minutes. Most of the things that have been leaked are nothing more than suggestions thrown out at a minute. Obviously they don't want things like this to get out, but it's by no means official, and just because something has been suggested at a meeting, doesn't mean it'll ever happen.

Although a lot of the stuff they talked about was very cool, don't be surprised if none of it ever happens.

landman
Sep 23, 2009, 02:58 PM
Yes, it is a suggestion the release of a bunble pack, but if they are thinking of releasing a bundle pack it means they plan on releasing the game, so I think it confirms the release of the game, doen't it?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 23, 2009, 04:21 PM
The release date is "Whenever it comes out". Gawd if PSP2 ever came in a bundle pack I'd prolly be happy. I need to update to a better PSP anyways (I still have the model 1000 series...and its pretty beaten up). I'm definitly savin whatever X-Mas money I get this year.

r00tabaga
Sep 25, 2009, 02:33 PM
I would be interested in the PSPgo bundle but I dunno about JP version...I'd just wait prolly.

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2009, 02:39 PM
Importers will have help. Most of us early importer adopters usually have the game figured out within the first few days of release. Of course, we're not going to keep our mouths shut about it. We'll spread the word of our findings.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 25, 2009, 02:48 PM
Importers will have help. Most of us early importer adopters usually have the game figured out within the first few days of release. Of course, we're not going to keep our mouths shut about it. We'll spread the word of our findings.

and pictures. Especially the new weapons and costumes.

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
True, but I have a feeling those pictures may come before I even have the import in my hands. And NCS is usually pretty good at getting a game in my hands about the same time the Japanese consumers do. Anyway, it'll likely come from magazines and other media released in Japan, up to about a month before the release.

Amherst_Wind
Sep 25, 2009, 04:03 PM
and pictures. Especially the new weapons and costumes.

The new Screenshot and Movie thread for PSP2 will be full of screenshots as soon as the game launches just like it was for the original game, well if I have anything to do with it again it will be. :)

Even before the game launches we will have the trial which I imagine will have a fair amount of new content.