PDA

View Full Version : So I bought PSO EP I&II Plus on ebay...

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2009, 08:47 AM
Never tried a GameCube version before, only DC, PC and BB. The game runs smoothly on my Wii with with Component cables and all the the split screen mode is decent enough.

My only concern are the Mag Cells, will the game allow me to get special drops during holiday times (based on the Internal clock) or will I need to resort to game hacking to get these :( ?

Ithildin
Sep 26, 2009, 09:36 AM
The mag cells have nothing to do with the internal clock of your Wii/GC. Holidays were part of online play only. There is a certain private sever you can play on that I believe still has special holidays so you can collect the mag cells you desire.

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2009, 09:40 AM
The mag cells have nothing to do with the internal clock of your Wii/GC. Holidays were part of online play only. There is a certain private sever you can play on that I believe still has special holidays so you can collect the mag cells you desire.

Wouldn't do me any good, the Wii can't take GameCube games online. Guess I'll settle for an EPII Mag.

Thanks

Ithildin
Sep 26, 2009, 09:51 AM
Can't you get an old GC? I bought one from ebay a few months back for a few quid.

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
Can't you get an old GC? I bought one from ebay a few months back for a few quid.

Oh have a GC, but I don't have a broadband adapter for it nor would I pay for something that I would only use a couple of times. I am well aware of the server you are referring to, I've played PSO PC and PSO BB there plenty of times in the past. Most people there don't play PSO GC as far as I know, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Ithildin
Sep 26, 2009, 11:11 AM
Most people there don't play PSO GC as far as I know, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah. Shame that. I would have joined you otherwise.

kevlar_pso
Sep 29, 2009, 02:04 AM
I have a the GCN broadband adapter, the ASCii controller/keyboard and PSO. I made a lame attempt to get on that server, but gave up. I guess I am either retarded or need help. l0l

trypticon
Sep 29, 2009, 11:15 AM
Kevlar, if you blew your money on a GC keyboard, then you should try a bit harder to get on that server, or one of the many hundreds of others that are out there. It's not in the least bit difficult to do so.

Genoa
Sep 29, 2009, 11:01 PM
I think putting in your credit card information for ordering the keyboard was more complex than connecting GC to the private server.

just sayin

trypticon
Sep 30, 2009, 05:43 PM
I think putting in your credit card information for ordering the keyboard was more complex than connecting GC to the private server.

just sayin

Totally agree with t his statement. Credit cards are longer than the DNS you need to connect.

kevlar_pso
Sep 30, 2009, 06:30 PM
Kevlar, if you blew your money on a GC keyboard, then you should try a bit harder to get on that server, or one of the many hundreds of others that are out there. It's not in the least bit difficult to do so.

I actually bought it new back in the day, when there was no Xbox version. I get $$$ every Fall for being an Alaskan resident and imported the Japanese ASCii keyboard/controller from the United Kingdom.

I know I should try harder. l0l Add me on XBL and walk me through it.

kevlarAK = gamertag.

trypticon
Oct 1, 2009, 10:15 AM
I actually bought it new back in the day, when there was no Xbox version. I get $$$ every Fall for being an Alaskan resident and imported the Japanese ASCii keyboard/controller from the United Kingdom.

I know I should try harder. l0l Add me on XBL and walk me through it.

kevlarAK = gamertag.

Oh, I don't have Xbox live.

To get this over with more quickly, and at your own leisure, you should just go to the appropriate webiste, to the appropriate forum, and check the sticky at the top of the page. This will guide you through setup, and everything you need to do. If you still have any questions after that, you'll be asked to slap yourself repeatedly, and then go to the Tech Support forum, which will allow you to get into contact with people who can guide you through the same steps, yet perhaps with a different wording that may not be so difficult to understand as direct instructions and correct numbers to put into the appropriate field so that you may use the game as it was originally intended.

kevlar_pso
Oct 2, 2009, 02:23 PM
Oh, I don't have Xbox live.

To get this over with more quickly, and at your own leisure, you should just go to the appropriate webiste, to the appropriate forum, and check the sticky at the top of the page. This will guide you through setup, and everything you need to do. If you still have any questions after that, you'll be asked to slap yourself repeatedly, and then go to the Tech Support forum, which will allow you to get into contact with people who can guide you through the same steps, yet perhaps with a different wording that may not be so difficult to understand as direct instructions and correct numbers to put into the appropriate field so that you may use the game as it was originally intended.

/sigh I would do it right now, but I have to clean house, do the dishes, fold and put away clothes, give my daughter lunch, see if my wife wants me to join her for lunch, and DO ALL MY HOMEWORK. Maybe I'll get around to it next friday. I would do it this weekend, but weekends I reserve for spending with my family since I don't get to see them enough because of work and class.

Mostly, though if I'm on my PC I end up browsing through 1up.com, or my email, or facebook. I am too easily distracted. Plus I'm kind of lazy. l0l

Ninjames
Oct 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
I have been reading the post, and I couldnt help but become VERY VERY excited when I read that theres these secret servers still traveling around. Can someone please hook me up with the info for these servers? I have a broadband connection and can hook it up to my gamecube, and if payment is necessary I am uncertain about that, how can I pay a server creater? Its an unreliable source, so if more info could be provided that would be great. Thankyou!

kevlar_pso
Oct 5, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have been reading the post, and I couldnt help but become VERY VERY excited when I read that theres these secret servers still traveling around. Can someone please hook me up with the info for these servers? I have a broadband connection and can hook it up to my gamecube, and if payment is necessary I am uncertain about that, how can I pay a server creater? Its an unreliable source, so if more info could be provided that would be great. Thankyou!

I have heard something about google, private servers and such. hint hint Sorry, I can't outright say any of "those forbidden names" for fear of ban hammers.

Freeze
Oct 5, 2009, 10:05 PM
Ah yes, the ban hammers love to jump out of the bushes.

The private servers are generally free so payment isn't usually an issue. As Kevlar said, Google, it's your best friend concerning server questions.