PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet 2 demo

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2009, 10:22 AM
Oh my god guys, play this. A sci-fi shooter with 4-player online co-op, that's good. Scavenging awesome huge guns off of downed power armor, even better. Driving said power armor when it's in good enough condition... woot. Also you fight the HUGE boss and it's just incredible. Go inside it. Shoot the heart. Get pooped out. Good times.

Freshellent
Sep 28, 2009, 02:14 PM
Oddly enough I actually liked the first game. Don't see a reason why I wouldn't enjoy the second one if it's just that much better.

AC9breaker
Sep 28, 2009, 02:29 PM
While its been out for a few weeks already on 360, PS3 version got an extended version where we pretty much get to do what seemed like the first stage in the game. Running around in the jungle was pretty sweet, but I was expecting more from the demo. Still though, it's freaking sweet and I'm totally picking this up for 360 once it drops. I wonder if the mystery boxes we pick up will contain lootz in the real game.

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2009, 03:21 PM
According to an interview on Kotaku there are appearance/emote customization options out the wazoo. The demo game shows off a couple of different character weapon loadouts as well... characters have various primary grenade and gun types, as well as having different loadouts of weapons for pick-up during missions.

My brother bought the original Lost Planet for 360 yesterday and it looks like a PS2 game in comparison to the demo for 2. Also its online mode is just a typical vs shooter, not at all interesting compared to co-op campaign play.

Seira7
Oct 1, 2009, 12:44 AM
I played the demo tonight and omg, so much fun.I cant believe Ill be able to finally play as a female in one of "these" sorts of games as well. My husband kept begging me for a chance to go inside the boss body lol. That shit is crazy! I was really hoping the release date was fall because Im craving something like this to play, but now its Spring or something? =( Oh well, the demos pretty long and I didnt play the first game so Ill work on my skills for a while I guess. I love the fact that it reminds me of Monster Hunter on space trippy mushrooms ... or something ... its such a kick azz game.

joefro
Oct 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
I was also thouroughly surprised by the demo(360). Before playing it I had no intention whatsoever to buy this game, mainly because I didn't like the first. I can't wait til it comes out.

Delete
Oct 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
I played the demo a month or so ago and loved it so much, I bought the first Lost Planet in hopes it would be just as awesome. Too bad the first one was average imo. LP 2 seems much better.