PDA

View Full Version : general questions for ps:p

legorichard1
Oct 2, 2009, 01:07 AM
i just got PSP yesturday and was wondering what race/class i should go. I know some people wll just say its ur decision but i want to hear someone's opinion. Also, i tried a random test character and i was wondering why some clothes have X and u cant wear them.

landman
Oct 2, 2009, 01:42 AM
About clothes, there are 4 restricted version of clothes:

Male human/beast/newman
Female human/beast/newman
Male CAST
Female CAST

About characters, the game is not dificult at all to consider making the "best" combo race/class, but, in my opinion:

Human: can be do every class good
Newman, will excel in Force class
Beast and CAST, are good in Hunter and Ranger. They also have special racial abilities

But class determines most of your gameplay and power, and you can switch classes whenever you want.

legorichard1
Oct 2, 2009, 01:48 AM
sooo clothes like illuminus coat and formal wear cannot be used by a beast female? anyways im looking between beast and cast. not sure which im gonna choose yet tho.

landman
Oct 2, 2009, 11:09 AM
The illuminus coat are male fleshie clothes. You can check all clothes in the item database: http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/

CASTs and Beast will differ in appearance, clothes and the racial ability: CASTs have SUV, Beasts have Nanoblast, the other races don't have a racial ability in this game.

legorichard1
Oct 2, 2009, 06:09 PM
do u prefer either cast or beast? or do u favor one ore

Amherst_Wind
Oct 2, 2009, 06:22 PM
The main big difference between CAST and Beast are that:

CASTs will have better accuracy
Beasts will have better power

Both races are weak at using Technics, also Beasts will have more HP than CASTs.

Basically CASTs make great Rangers and Hunters, where Beasts make slightly better Hunters and slightly weaker Rangers.

legorichard1
Oct 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
i would probably go for a melee class, but what type of weapons do u think would be best.

landman
Oct 3, 2009, 01:18 AM
The ranger class ads enough accuracy to a Beast to be a good ranger, in fact, it will hit harder and barely miss a shoot. The hunter class in the other hand doesn't have an impressive accuracy, if you combo it with a beast you will miss some hits, but if you use a CAST instead it will be a little less strong but the best hunter in accuracy.

SUV is a big handicap, if you really want it easy go CAST, specially melee, and for weapons try as many as possible, they all can be enjoyable.

legorichard1
Oct 4, 2009, 01:07 AM
is there more variety on clothes than parts?

landman
Oct 4, 2009, 02:11 AM
About the same, check the item database with the link I posted abobe if you are interested, you wont unlock most ingame clothes untill you have completed story mode, and some other clothes are drop only.

legorichard1
Oct 4, 2009, 06:53 PM
i checked youtube for a sec and i saw some people using cool skills. how can i use other attacks besides the one bought from the disk shop. currently, im st uck on the helga boss. lvl 48 fighmaster. also not sure what to do with the beast blast stuff. srry for so many questions

landman
Oct 5, 2009, 12:45 AM
Some photon arts are bought on the shop, others are prices from some achievements (story mode, leveling classes, leveling photon arts, etc) and the rest are drops in stages. Gamefaqs has a guide (sadly I haven't seen information on finding them neither in psow db or psupedia) http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/game/944238.html

A beast can get a Nanoblast at lvl 20, go to the makeovers shop and choose the blast badge, in combat, when an orange bar under HP fills and glows blue, press square + triangle to transform.

Gibdozer
Oct 5, 2009, 01:57 AM
Keep in mind PAs level very fast, and cap out at lvl 30. Classes cap at lvl 10 so if you play your character for any amount of time you will probably get bored and lvl multiple classes.

legorichard1
Oct 5, 2009, 03:56 AM
does it matter which beast blast i get? and also any tips for the last few bosses? i keep dieing. i figure i should lvl more?

landman
Oct 5, 2009, 05:00 AM
http://psupedia.info/Nanoblasts

Check this for nanoblast information, practically the only ones used are the power one and the invincible one. I'd recommend the invincible one for the boss you are having problems beating at the moment.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 6, 2009, 12:44 PM
Pretty much what landman said, if you're still having trouble just do a few more missions to level up some, you'll be fine then.

legorichard1
Oct 9, 2009, 09:54 PM
what skill should i use per weapon. since sometimes the skill is either too weak or too slow. so im not sure which ones to pick per weapon(melee ones)

legorichard1
Oct 17, 2009, 04:23 AM
i started a cast today. i was wondering does the suv take the spot of the aura/wings

landman
Oct 17, 2009, 05:18 AM
Yes, it does.

legorichard1
Oct 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
i have another question. do u know about those costumes u can only get through multiplayer. for example im trying to get a Mikumiko Set which apparently is from Boss boxes after Claws and Bullets on Neudaiz multi mode. i dont really understand that. and also. for multimode do u need another person playing with u?

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 02:51 PM
i have another question. do u know about those costumes u can only get through multiplayer. for example im trying to get a Mikumiko Set which apparently is from Boss boxes after Claws and Bullets on Neudaiz multi mode. i dont really understand that. and also. for multimode do u need another person playing with u?

as far as i know after you beat story mode you should have access to all clothes parts

the only piece of clothing you get in multi mode is rappy suit when you play with someone

no you do not need another person playing to play multi mode

anyone feel free to correct me about clothing in multi mode

Chuck_Norris
Oct 17, 2009, 03:59 PM
anyone feel free to correct me about clothing in multi mode

I'd be happy to.

MOST clothing is unlocked in the store once you beat Story Mode, however some of the one-piece clothing is drop only. Such as the Mikunas, Mikumiko, Voloyal, formal wear, and the swimsuits. Those are only drops off enemies. What it means as a drop in Claws & Bullets, is that it can drop out of the boss boxes at the end of the mission. Colors will be random.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 04:05 PM
i know but you still get clothing drops in story mode i find lots of clothes when leveling on the s-rank missions

what we trying to find out is there any clothes you can ONLY find in multimode other than rappy suit?

Amherst_Wind
Oct 17, 2009, 04:10 PM
The Mikunas Set drops from a boss that is exclusive to a multi-mode mission, he doesn't appear in any mission in story mode.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
The Mikunas Set drops from a boss that is exclusive to a multi-mode mission, he doesn't appear in any mission in story mode.

sweet thank you amherst wind for clearing that up for us

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 18, 2009, 10:17 AM
I got one. Why is there an over abundance of Fake Weapons? I mean even in S-rank I still get -ic type weapons. Drives me I-N-S-A-N-E! Like today I was like "Oh awesome a Deva-Miza....shic. Great...fantastic another Kubara weapon!". I hope this isn't a problem in PSP2.

Allison_W
Oct 18, 2009, 12:55 PM
Some of the S-rank Kubara knockoffs are actually better than the original in some ways, especially when ground.

Then again, I'm just assuming that it works similarly to PSU; in PSP, the same items might have different starting stats or not grind as well as they do in PSU.

Also, to the OP: Be a rebel. CAST Masterforce.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 18, 2009, 01:11 PM
Nope, the Kubara knockoffs just plain suck in PSP.
They usually have a little more Attack/Tech at the cost of having virtually 0 PP, I'm not kidding some Tenora Kubara knockoffs don't even reach triple digit PP

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 04:37 PM
i know some of them are so low you can only get one pa combo in before its out of pp that sucks

legorichard1
Oct 18, 2009, 10:28 PM
claws and bullets and stolen weapon are dungeons right? well if they are then i dont have them