PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Who plays together around here?

Squirrel3D
Oct 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
It's rarely when I make a new thread on a message board (especally around here). And I know I rub alot of people the wrong way around here too (I think..).

But I just want to know...does any of you in this place ever play together? I'm talking about clans, or just get togethers on one night, or whatever.

I'm asking because I know 100% nobody on PSU anymore. I never made long term friendships in the game ether simply because I know I'll never meet them in real life.

So this is me kinda asking anyone if I could play with them on some nights and days of the week. How often do you play? What 'universe' are you always on? What is the mission you're in mostly? Do some of you run your own parties? What's the requirements?

I am a mute when I play in parties. I just don't have anything to say (especally when the subject isn't related to the game). I have my own way of playing with my characters and I stick to it like glue. I don't pick up "useless" rares. All of my characters don't have more than 1 PA that is up to 30 or 40 yet. And I don't like to be told how to use my characters at all.

I know many of you play on the X360 version (I just got the console back from repair tonight and I'm gonna experince the tailend of the current event), so I'm interested in who plays together around here and wether or not I can join you in some of those runs.

Overlord Zenon
Oct 8, 2009, 12:47 AM
I play with random people sometimes, long as i find them polite and not spammers...

NDW
Oct 8, 2009, 01:29 AM
But I just want to know...does any of you in this place ever play together? I'm talking about clans, or just get togethers on one night, or whatever.
I sometimes play with people from the forums. I have a section dedicated for people that are from the forums on my partner card list.

I'm asking because I know 100% nobody on PSU anymore. I never made long term friendships in the game ether simply because I know I'll never meet them in real life.
In my opinion, just because the person you are playing with isn't someone you haven't seen in real life doesn't mean that you can't have a long term friendship with them. It's unlikely that the friendship will be long term, but it's still possible.

How often do you play?
I play frequently. I usually solo/duo free missions and play with random people for party/co-op missions if I can't get a group together from my partner card list.

What 'universe' are you always on?
Universe06.

What is the mission you're in mostly?
SEED Express.

Do some of you run your own parties? What's the requirements?
Yes, I host a lot of my parties. Are you talking about requirements other than the level required to do the mission?

Delete
Oct 8, 2009, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't mind joining ya for some runs, My Tag is D4rk CapTaiN.

On topic, I play with at least 5 people who are on these forums.

tadtwisted
Oct 8, 2009, 11:06 AM
it would be nice if PSO-World had like its own mission spotlight like once a week where we could pick a mission and a universe and we could meet up once a week and just play and hang out, especially since some missions take 2 or more people to get a s-rank.

Squirrel3D
Oct 8, 2009, 11:28 AM
it would be nice if PSO-World had like its own mission spotlight like once a week where we could pick a mission and a universe and we could meet up once a week and just play and hang out, especially since some missions take 2 or more people to get a s-rank.

Well I say let's pitch that idea to the higher ups around here. It would be great if some of us got together say....friday night around 9pm (I get home from work around that time) to play a mission that would be picked by someone.

I'll be sure to play with some of ya'll tonight and throughout the weekend! :-)

DPShiro
Oct 8, 2009, 12:41 PM
I mostly solo or duo with my wife/some from forums.

My favorite universes is 7, 11 and 14 (all have have brought me something nice, 7: my first Repca board, 11: 2 Millas and 14: my first time ever getting an S rank to 10, Guld & Milla)

I always run the mission which has an items i am currently hunting for. If i dont have anything special to look for, its SEED Express.

AmenRa
Oct 8, 2009, 12:42 PM
I got psu about 2 years ago and quit playing for awhile and just recently started it up again almost a month ago, and ive been going solo for a few reasons mainly the people i used to play with quit playing for good and when i join a random squad my rare items get stolen or i get kicked for not being to their skill level, im only level 85 and weapons and armour are good enough for the time being i do alright with solo runs needless to say though i cannot yet take out a boss on my own while doing S runs and at times A runs but if you ever need someone to snipe them with a Blackbull just let me know ;)

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 8, 2009, 04:26 PM
Don't be afraid to make friends. You don't ever have to meet anybody (I've only met one person from the Internet after knowing him for several years and we had a blast). I've known people online for 8 years now... still have yet to meet. But it's nice to have them there to have somebody with stuff in common.

Freeze
Oct 8, 2009, 06:33 PM
I used to be on all the time but now I can only get on weekends, There's about two or three others that I consisantly play with and when their not on I'm stuck soloing but anyone is always welcome, as long as you don't hog the kills. Nothing worse than some one killing all the monsters before the other party members can even get a hit. I don't have any paticular mission I stick to. Just what ever I feel like.

Squirrel3D
Oct 8, 2009, 08:31 PM
Don't be afraid to make friends.

Easy for you to say...

pinkace
Oct 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
Easy for you to say...

Easy for most anyone actually.... I play with Yusaku Kudou once in a while, when she can fit me in between her Rockband sessions, even though she is much higher level than me... But most other times I just hop into a game and meet cool people. I meet the occasional prick but hey, that's life.

EDIT: On topic, I would like to play with many people from these forums like Vol, Tetsaru, Nate... but I don't think I'll get the chance since they arent on 360...

Mracless
Oct 9, 2009, 08:42 AM
Easy for most anyone actually.... I play with Yusaku Kudou once in a while, when she can fit me in between her Rockband sessions, even though she is much higher level than me... But most other times I just hop into a game and meet cool people. I meet the occasional prick but hey, that's life.

EDIT: On topic, I would like to play with many people from these forums like Vol, Tetsaru, Nate... but I don't think I'll get the chance since they arent on 360...

Yeah, it is easy for most anyone, but that's still not everyone.

I don't know if Squirrel has the same problem as I do, but I'm afraid of all social situations, in-game and out.

I'm afraid of being judged negatively by others, and there are plenty of people who'll be more than happy to do that in real life and PSU. So I am unable to meet any nice people.

Back when the game came out here in November 2006, I wasn't quite as bad as I am now, but I was able to play with random people a bit, as long as I made the party. That's because at that time, not everyone knew the game inside out and weren't as likely to insult you for knowing less.

Because of that I was able to make the one friend that I was able to duo with or attempt to join parties with in December 2006, and that is the only reason I haven't quit PSU up until now.

But now that he has decided that the friendship isn't worth maintaining, I'm all alone in PSU, and I find it pretty hard to play the game solo, because I find it relentlessly boring. Although I was able to make myself attempt to find an Adahna unit, and all my effort went to waste, as expected.

I made a sad attempt to make some nice friends by offering to take HD pictures for people on these boards, and though I made the acquaintance of a few good people, I'm far too afraid to take it any further than that. So that plan went to shit.

And that's good for them, because having so little social experience in my life for the last 5 years, I have a boring personality and no interesting life stories to tell anyone.

So, you see, it's not easy for everyone. The number of bad people may not outweigh the good people, but there are too many bad people for me to attempt to find good people.

And though I can't be sure, since I haven't joined a party for well over a year, people seem obsessed with speed runs, which I'm not well equipped for, and I my PAs are not levelled sufficiently for. I'd rather just play at a leisurely pace.

By the way, I'm quite sure Nate is a 360 player.

Skorn
Oct 9, 2009, 09:57 AM
I play with people on my friends list or by-myself mostly.

pinkace
Oct 9, 2009, 01:13 PM

I don't know if Squirrel has the same problem as I do, but I'm afraid of all social situations, in-game and out.

I'm afraid of being judged negatively by others, and there are plenty of people who'll be more than happy to do that in real life and PSU. So I am unable to meet any nice people.

Back when the game came out here in November 2006, I wasn't quite as bad as I am now, but I was able to play with random people a bit, as long as I made the party. That's because at that time, not everyone knew the game inside out and weren't as likely to insult you for knowing less.

Because of that I was able to make the one friend that I was able to duo with or attempt to join parties with in December 2006, and that is the only reason I haven't quit PSU up until now.

But now that he has decided that the friendship isn't worth maintaining, I'm all alone in PSU, and I find it pretty hard to play the game solo, because I find it relentlessly boring. Although I was able to make myself attempt to find an Adahna unit, and all my effort went to waste, as expected.

I made a sad attempt to make some nice friends by offering to take HD pictures for people on these boards, and though I made the acquaintance of a few good people, I'm far too afraid to take it any further than that. So that plan went to shit.

And that's good for them, because having so little social experience in my life for the last 5 years, I have a boring personality and no interesting life stories to tell anyone.

So, you see, it's not easy for everyone. The number of bad people may not outweigh the good people, but there are too many bad people for me to attempt to find good people.

And though I can't be sure, since I haven't joined a party for well over a year, people seem obsessed with speed runs, which I'm not well equipped for, and I my PAs are not levelled sufficiently for. I'd rather just play at a leisurely pace.

Social anxiety.... can be a bitch. Depending on your age, you can get it treated or grow out of it.

If I am wrong, then all you need is a wingman :) call on me anytime, GT is pinkace, and on PSN I am pinkace_3 (stupid Sony made me use an underscore grrr...)

Squirrel3D
Oct 9, 2009, 01:39 PM

That entire post there just summed up how I feel these days.

desturel
Oct 9, 2009, 01:58 PM
I run with the same group of people for the most part. Some of them are on the forums, but they are smarter than I am since they rarely post, just read. It keeps them out of trouble and they get to laugh at the silly arguments I get into with other forum members.

I will say one thing about when I am soloing. I don't care who joins up or what level their techs/bullets/skills are in general. If you are a random joining my party, stop bitching about what I pick up. I pick up EVERYTHING get use to it. A Kerseline is good too. When you join my party you aren't on universe 1. Universe 1's unspoken rules don't apply. There's none of that 10* or greater garbage going on. I'm going to pick up what. If you don't like it, GTFO. I was soloing before you jumped in and I'll be fine soloing after you leave. If you don't have room for all of the "crap" I'm picking up, then either carry less stuff or drop it. Not my problem.

Yes I'm an ass. No I don't care.

Squirrel3D
Oct 9, 2009, 08:48 PM
I run with the same group of people for the most part. Some of them are on the forums, but they are smarter than I am since they rarely post, just read. It keeps them out of trouble and they get to laugh at the silly arguments I get into with other forum members.

I will say one thing about when I am soloing. I don't care who joins up or what level their techs/bullets/skills are in general. If you are a random joining my party, stop bitching about what I pick up. I pick up EVERYTHING get use to it. A Kerseline is good too. When you join my party you aren't on universe 1. Universe 1's unspoken rules don't apply. There's none of that 10* or greater garbage going on. I'm going to pick up what. If you don't like it, GTFO. I was soloing before you jumped in and I'll be fine soloing after you leave. If you don't have room for all of the "crap" I'm picking up, then either carry less stuff or drop it. Not my problem.

Yes I'm an ass. No I don't care.

Wow....I'd love to play with you. You're not a selective bastard, and you play for FUN!!

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 9, 2009, 10:13 PM
I find stepping outside helps... or being a bartender. Get outside and put down the controller. Nobody's really paying that much attention to you, so there are many unwarranted fears of others. Who should you give a **** what anybody thinks about you? If they don't like what they see, then they can go screw themselves. Ain't nobody better than you for judging. Move along.

If somebody doesn't like what you think about PSU, just ignore them. I'm a newman gunner and nobody even cares. If they say something, I could care less. Pride!

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Oct 10, 2009, 12:53 AM
Well ive been on PSU since day 1, GT is in signature. Hit me up. Always looking for friendly people to hunt with.

Squirrel3D
Oct 10, 2009, 11:23 AM
I find stepping outside helps... or being a bartender. Get outside and put down the controller. Nobody's really paying that much attention to you, so there are many unwarranted fears of others. Who should you give a **** what anybody thinks about you? If they don't like what they see, then they can go screw themselves. Ain't nobody better than you for judging. Move along.

If somebody doesn't like what you think about PSU, just ignore them. I'm a newman gunner and nobody even cares. If they say something, I could care less. Pride!

Well if you could come on AIM (I added you recently) we could discuss all this.

garjian
Oct 10, 2009, 12:13 PM
i try to run with people as much as i can...
im just not very friendly to randoms, unless i actually want to be friends with em ofc...

ive got my little circle of inactive friends...
but no really active people...

thats why im trying to get to know the likes of ZeroTheBurninator (again) ...hopefully itll be slightly more successful and a lot less creepy than my attempts with XXXLUVERBOYXXX :S

yes, aida... you definately should add me again :P

pinkace
Oct 10, 2009, 02:51 PM
Well if you could come on AIM (I added you recently) we could discuss all this.

Discussing it on a computer is part of the problem. Go outside and discuss it face to face with someone.

Face to face.

Squirrel3D
Oct 10, 2009, 08:21 PM
Discussing it on a computer is part of the problem. Go outside and discuss it face to face with someone.

Face to face.

I've been outside (all day today in fact..) only to come back with nothing in return.

pinkace
Oct 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
I've been outside (all day today in fact..) only to come back with nothing in return.

Better Luck Tomorrow :)

hey that's a movie too.

Squirrel3D
Oct 11, 2009, 12:21 AM
Better Luck Tomorrow :)

hey that's a movie too.

Well assuming you have the Xbox 360 version, I believe we'll run into each other very soon perhaps?

Please tell me you won't just spam white beast all the time and actually do other missions?

pinkace
Oct 11, 2009, 02:00 PM
I HATE WHITE BEAST!!!! :argh:

No one ever wants to play anything else. You know what I want to do? make sure all of my characters have every area open. But noooo, everyone just follows the crowd to WB like zombie monkeys :rant:

gamertag is pinkace.

Squirrel3D
Oct 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
I HATE WHITE BEAST!!!! :argh:

No one ever wants to play anything else. You know what I want to do? make sure all of my characters have every area open. But noooo, everyone just follows the crowd to WB like zombie monkeys :rant:

gamertag is pinkace.

Thank goodness. White Beast is a good mission, but it's used too damn much and I'm tired of it. 90% of the damn population acts like they don't know of the other missions in this game.

I'll play with you.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 11, 2009, 11:39 PM
i try to run with people as much as i can...
im just not very friendly to randoms, unless i actually want to be friends with em ofc...

ive got my little circle of inactive friends...
but no really active people...

thats why im trying to get to know the likes of ZeroTheBurninator (again) ...hopefully itll be slightly more successful and a lot less creepy than my attempts with XXXLUVERBOYXXX :S

yes, aida... you definately should add me again :P

O.O!

lol I was on the 4th Floor earlier and gave out 100K to the person with the highest ID I saw... and it was LUVERBOY. XD

Lunasol8888
Oct 11, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah I get what you feel about like not knowing anyone on PSU anymore. Like I used to have a group that would meet up fairly often, but life hits and we don't play as much as we used to. Now I might log in randomly and not know anyone around to play with lol...

But hey if you want another guy to hang around with on the game feel free to message me. I'm quite nonchalant when it comes to any "requirements" and sorta just do random missions just for the heck of it. GT: Lunasolaris

Tru Reaper
Oct 12, 2009, 10:29 AM
One of my best Friends I met on PSU. And I don't know him in RL.

I mainly play with my friends and clan but I sometimes play with random ppl.

garjian
Oct 12, 2009, 12:22 PM
O.O!

lol I was on the 4th Floor earlier and gave out 100K to the person with the highest ID I saw... and it was LUVERBOY. XD

his old account was banned...
when he got a new one, he recognised me and started following me... EVERYWHERE...

Pwincess
Oct 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Lastnight that xxxluverboyxxx person was in a rappy suit @_@ Random enough, eh?

I play PSU everyday. Usually in the evenings.. but if you see me, feel free to exchange cards, and i'll happily game with anyone. ^_^
Umm. Character: Pwincess, Gamertag: Pwincess. So yeah.

And just fyi.. I still hang out with someone I met on PSO from the Dreamcast.. he still plays PSU and well.. I guess it proves that online friendships are possible. ^_-

Volcompat321
Oct 12, 2009, 01:46 PM
Online friendships are very possible.

I've met people that I'd visit.
And as mentioned on another thread, we talk/text/and still play PSU, just about everyday.

garjian
Oct 13, 2009, 07:08 AM
i met one of my closest irl friends on this game, back when i first started...

but thats not what were supposed to be talking about...

rayner
Oct 13, 2009, 08:36 AM
I've recently renewed my Guardian's License ( Friday ) and I've played with a few people on this list in random games. I've been playing on-and-off since the beginning I play a Guntecher - Kyle Rayner, a Fighgunner - Janice Em, a Protranser - Nemesis Enforcer & Fortetecher - Miriya Parino. I've been hanging around White Beast because that about the only active lobby, if anyone wants to some other runs send me a friends request ( and put PSO in the message )