PDA

View Full Version : Story mode choices : Do they affect anything?

Crystal_Shard
Oct 8, 2009, 08:58 PM
I snagged a used copy of PSZero (JP) for about USD$30 (Shipping and middleman fees included -_-|| ; the game was only about USD$9 XD ) and am happily playing the game now. Just a quick question to longtime JP version players : do the choices that you make during story affect anything ending-wise, like choices you make in PSPortable affects Vivienne's ending? Does PSZero even have different endings?

Note: I'm able to follow about 50-70% of the storyline - more if I concentrate and the kanji isn't too complex - and I understand what choices I'm making. I just don't want to be making choices happily, only to find out that I'm stuck in the B ending or C ending, or worse, the bad end. If there's only one ending, and choices merely affect what dialogue tree you see and the reaction you receive from the NPCs with no real effect then that's ok.

(Case in point: Early in the Newman story path, when first meeting Kai, you have a choice of lying to him that you are a hunter, while you have a second option of explaining your situation as well as your relation to Sarisa. The first nets a suprised/slightly unhappy reaction from Sarisa, while the latter does not.)

--------------

And yes, I do know the US release is a month away only - but I'm pretty used to playing in a Japanese interface for quite some time now and I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to having certain items.

Plus, there was an unexpected bonus to getting a used copy - the last owner had a level 65 Hunewm character with, among other things, a 1/0/0/99 Pink Femini Mag, a Hero/HP, a HP Regen Lv2 and a PP Regen Lv2 - excellent stuff for a old PSO player who loves the FONewearl class. There's other rares, but my new characters aren't high level enough to use them yet but he also had a load of high level Mags that will come in handy as well as about 100000 Meseta.

Just hope I can create a new friend code - I wouldn't want the old buddies of this guy to mistake me for him. For that matter did anyone play with a level 65 HUNewm called Hiro before? Purple hair, red/pink suit, with a Pink Femini?

Gemel
Oct 9, 2009, 01:13 AM
From what I've played the choices don't give different endings or anything drastic like in PSP, I can't say say anything about changed dialogue since I don't understand any of the writing. xP

Amherst_Wind
Oct 9, 2009, 07:47 AM
Well theres no alternate endings, so all the text choices do is give you a little different dialogue I presume.

Zero Revenge
Oct 9, 2009, 11:49 AM
There's no alternative endings? :V

The one video interview that [i assume we've all seen] lists that the story changes for each race you play as. **dumbfounded**

Amherst_Wind
Oct 9, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well, yeah theres alternative stories for each Race but I meant alternate endings in the sense that once you pick a Race you won't be able to see a different ending.

In other words theres one choice in the game that affects which ending you get. That being which character race you choose at the start of the game. :)

Crystal_Shard
Oct 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
Well, that's a relief I guess. It's nice to play a game that doesn't give me some pressure to give the correct answer and lets me choose for once in quite a while. XD

I'm done with normal storymode for the Newman side. Time to tackle the Eternal Tower and the other race stories. ^_^

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Oct 14, 2009, 02:02 PM
good luck on the tower, i hear it can take a week to complete.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 14, 2009, 02:07 PM

Sarcasm right? xD Surely it must be...

Crystal_Shard
Oct 14, 2009, 10:09 PM

Haha, rumours of how "Eternal" the Eternal Tower really is have been greatly exaggerated...

Anyway, lame puns aside...

About 6-8 hours or so (spaced across 3 days, and mostly only when I'm travelling) on Normal mode, I'm currently on level 73 of the Tower. My inventory is full, my purse has too much Meseta, most of my techs are now level 8, and I've gone up at least 8 levels (27, now level 35) since starting. I'd say this is more like what I'd have liked to see in the original Central Control Area's East and West Towers. XD Pity the enemies aren't unique ones, other than the special 10th interval ones.

So far the DS is holding out too. I'm still on my first charge since starting. ^_^

kirtblue
Oct 14, 2009, 11:36 PM
this makes me very happy i like all the multi endings but everytime i gotta make a choice i worry about if im making the right one or that i might get a bad ending because of the choice i made but now i can just relax and enjoy the game for what it is without having to worry i can now see all the endings