PDA

View Full Version : Current "Scary"/"Horror" Movies

Ketchup345
Oct 13, 2009, 01:07 AM
Zombieland has been out for a few weeks now, has anyone else seen it?
I thought it was pretty good. It would have been nice if they covered more of Columbus' rules in my opinion. At one point in the movie it mentioned last 6 people alive, anyone know where the last 1 came from? To me, there is an opening for a sequel, or something to explain what happens after the movie ended.

Also, it appears that Paranormal Activity will be more widely released Friday, list of additional theaters should be up within 24 hours. I've heard it is a good movie, but is best seen without knowing much about it (skip the trailer).

Niered
Oct 13, 2009, 02:42 AM
There's also "The 4th kind". I think that's coming out soon. But your ability to enjoy that requires you to look past Mila Jovovich's mediocre face/acting capability.

Paranormal Activity looks terrifying in every sense of the word. In fact, I doubt I will see it in theatres for that very reason, I'll wait until I'm in the safe comfort of my bedroom.

Wait...shit.

Tetsaru
Oct 13, 2009, 03:01 AM
I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but I DID see Zombieland with a friend of mine, and I loved it. I'd classify it more as a comedy, though, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it... anyone who's not a kid, anyways. It's still full of gore and F-bombs and what-not...

Also, I saw a commercial for Saw VI today... good lord, how many movies of that series are they going to make!? Seems like they're being churned out like bad Sonic games or something, geez...

Blue-Hawk
Oct 13, 2009, 06:55 AM
I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but I DID see Zombieland with a friend of mine, and I loved it. I'd classify it more as a comedy, though, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it... anyone who's not a kid, anyways. It's still full of gore and F-bombs and what-not...

Also, I saw a commercial for Saw VI today... good lord, how many movies of that series are they going to make!? Seems like they're being churned out like bad Sonic games or something, geez...

Zombiland wasn't a movie. That was an experience.

And there's a Saw 7 listed for next year. Why can't they learn that these movies are terrible?

CupOfCoffee
Oct 13, 2009, 07:14 AM
They already know they're terrible, and they don't care! The reason they keep making them is because they're still profitable. One always comes out on Halloween, and people always still pay money to see it. Maybe someday the movie-going populous of the world will finally catch on.

watashiwa
Oct 13, 2009, 09:29 AM
I saw Paranormal Activity and it was terrific.

I highly recommend!

joefro
Oct 13, 2009, 10:31 AM
Shutter Island! Everytime I see the preview for this movie I'm like "wow," this actually looks scary as shit. I'm not even sure if I'll see it in theatres but the movie looks really well done. Besides, you really can't go wrong with the DiCaprio/Scorsese(sp) combo.

Niered
Oct 13, 2009, 10:48 AM
Shutter Island! Everytime I see the preview for this movie I'm like "wow," this actually looks scary as shit. I'm not even sure if I'll see it in theatres but the movie looks really well done. Besides, you really can't go wrong with the DiCaprio/Scorsese(sp) combo.

Oh yeah! That looks so good, I can't wait to see it. Any horror film that tries to put you in a different time period, past or future, is so much more interesting than the ones set in the present. I nearly forgot about Shutter Island!

str898mustang
Oct 13, 2009, 04:52 PM
Always been a fan of the Saw series, though the first Saw has still been the best. I do agree, they should have stopped at 5. I guess I just love them for the gadgets he/she/some person sets, the puzzles in the movie and the huge twist at the end.

Paranormal activity looks good but it's still a movie. I dont see how people get scared of movies.

Niered
Oct 13, 2009, 08:06 PM
I do agree, they should have stopped at 5.

I agree with that number....minus 5.

Ketchup345
Oct 13, 2009, 08:06 PM
I saw most of Hostel, and it sucked. I assume Saw would be the same? Those kind of movies never did much for me.

They have a list of theaters up now for where Paranormal Activity will be shown starting Friday. They're showing it near me, I might go see it in the next few weeks.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
I can see it now...

Saw XXII:
The Last One. We Swear!

str898mustang
Oct 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
I saw most of Hostel, and it sucked. I assume Saw would be the same? Those kind of movies never did much for me.

They have a list of theaters up now for where Paranormal Activity will be shown starting Friday. They're showing it near me, I might go see it in the next few weeks.

Most horror movies dont have a huge twist like Saw does. Saw 1 still has the best twist out of all of the Saw series.

Saw may have the blood and gore but to me, it's all about the twist.

Niered
Oct 13, 2009, 10:11 PM
I can see it now...

Saw XXII:
The Last One. We Swear!

And then...at the end...in the guys hand who was pretending to be dead in the room at the beginning all along...a note:

"JK GUYS WERE TTLY MAKEING ANUTHER ONE LULZ TWIST ENDING LOLOLOLOLOLOL."

Delete
Oct 14, 2009, 10:36 PM
Paranormal activity sounds interesting. Other then that, it's been a while since I've seen a horror film.

pinkace
Oct 15, 2009, 01:05 AM
I HATE SCARY MOVIES!!!! I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!!!!!

I saw the trailer for paranormal activity and i couldnt sleep till 3 am yesterday. Now it is fucking 2 am and i am still awake, BECAUSE OF THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!

the last time this happened was with Juon. and that lasted a week.

Of course now i'm gonna have to go see P.A. and not sleep for a week. great.

Why am I such a baby? I'm a grown man for pete's sake...