PDA

View Full Version : People intruding on your farmlands

WizeMan
Oct 18, 2009, 04:15 AM
All though I know they are not my lands I am happily farming Scarred Planet, since there is an almost promised Copernia on level C and since I am only level 24 I figured why not running through C rank takes less than half the time trying to run on B and I get that Copernia that sells like hot cakes in the player shop. But after about the 6th run I got bored and decided to Xbox Live party with a stronger player that helped me out before. He asked what I was up to and I mentioned to him that I was farming for Copernia on Scarred Planet. He said he would join I told him it wasnt needed I am fine but he came anyways, even bringing along an even stronger player with him. I thought whatever I am almost done with my run might aswell team up and do a harder mission later. Anyways, I find my Copernia, and since it is set at random since I was alone the darn game decides to give it to him. He didnt really do anything but clear 2 rooms, but they gave it to him. So I thought he is a cool guy he will give it to me if I asked, and definitely not ignore me... I was wrong I asked, and asked and asked, I mean I found it and everything but do to him joining and PSU finding him worthy of it I he just kept it. He ignored my question of "you think I can get the copernia? I mean I was farming for it before you came in...". I mean if he said no in a polite way I would have accepted that, but to completely ignore me was sour.. Then him and his buddy drag me along to Lightning Beast B, which isnt bad but it takes a good amount of time to clear on my own but I figured with higher up people backing me I will be through this fast and reap some ok rewards.... WRONG again... within block 1 my copernia keeping friend said he was tired and logging off, and my new found underestimating the new guy buddy decided to leave too... I know I can just leave the mission and go about my business but really honestly, god where are the manners? Is it just me and I am being a bit whiny or does everybody else see the principle of things here, I mean I could have parted with that Copernia just fine, and I could have just dealt with them having to leave but they just dumped me off their and well I was insulted. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone???

DPShiro
Oct 18, 2009, 05:39 AM
If you don't want people to join your game while hunting for something-> USE PASSWORD.
Simple as that.

WizeMan
Oct 18, 2009, 05:42 AM
I know that but like I said he was a friend, that and the whole password thing isnt needed really, I mean most people are off on Neudaiz anyways. I haven't met anyone new in a while... But yeah next time I guess ill lock it.

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 18, 2009, 05:55 AM
Maybe he left because you were being an ass and demanded your coppernia.

ashley50
Oct 18, 2009, 06:05 AM
People intruding on your farmlands

Intrude: to enter uninvited

You DID invite him...how can that be intruding?

WizeMan
Oct 18, 2009, 06:19 AM
I mentioned to him that I was farming for Copernia on Scarred Planet. He said he would join I told him it wasnt needed I am fine but he came anyways, even bringing along an even stronger player with him.

Not much of an invite in my opinion, but ok. Also I like to state the fact he could have just said no that he wouldnt give it to me and I would have thought ok no biggy. But considering he ignored the question all together was a bit rude in my opinion. Anyways each person has their own opinions, some may say I was being an ass asking for something I was looking for originally by myself, and other may say I was alright to ask. Seriously if you were looking for material and someone you met yesterday joins up during the last room, finds it and keeps it after he knows you are looking for it wouldnt you be at all bothered?

Volcompat321
Oct 18, 2009, 06:30 AM
He could have been distracted.
Either way, a good way to not let this happen is to lock your party, from now on.
Don't tell people the password unless they say "okay" to YOU getting the specific item.
If they say okay, and don't give it to you, then you know who not to trust now.
Bad thing is you're on the 360, and from my time playing there, and from the (probably hundreds) of scams, booting, and looting I've heard about on that server, well, good luck!

My tip is, play with people that come to the official forums, and PSO-W, that way if you ever do have a problem, you can report him to a SEGA employee(on official forums) or just (not the right way to get him,) call him out on it, VIA PM on either forum.

If that doesn't work, there's a "booter, looter, scammer" thread on the official forum you can use to add people to the list, but make sure it's a legitimate boot, loot, or scam first.

Good luck, have fun.

WizeMan
Oct 18, 2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the advice, Ill look into finding a few players that can have a bit more respect honestly it was just a vent and wanted to see if anyone has gone through the same thing, I wasnt expecting the responses to be so blunt. So I appreciate your comment, and your help.

Frosty7645
Oct 18, 2009, 08:04 AM
just curious how much does coperna sell for?

DPShiro
Oct 18, 2009, 08:08 AM
30K is the cheapest one on 360 right now

pinkace
Oct 18, 2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, so I might have an answer, because this has happened to me before (not a copernia fight, but the feeling that I am being ignored): how are you communicating? is it with voicechat or keyboard? very few people use both. If you feel you are being ignored, use BOTH means of communication.

if you are still ignored, give him/her a minute or two, then boot the asshole.

PSU is a TEAM game, if you don't want to be social then don't go joining other people's games.

Volcompat321
Oct 18, 2009, 02:56 PM
That's not a solution, that's something that might, and probably will start some sort of retaliation.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 18, 2009, 05:04 PM
Ok, so I might have an answer, because this has happened to me before (not a copernia fight, but the feeling that I am being ignored): how are you communicating? is it with voicechat or keyboard? very few people use both. If you feel you are being ignored, use BOTH means of communication.

if you are still ignored, give him/her a minute or two, then boot the asshole.

PSU is a TEAM game, if you don't want to be social then don't go joining other people's games.

I agree entirely with this man.

Tetsaru
Oct 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
1 - Keep your party locked if you're farming, and post a message saying that you're farming so people will be less likely to disturb you. If someone manages to join you and you don't know them/don't want them there, tell them to leave, and if they don't, boot them. They can always start their own parties.

2 - If you can't solo farm, only invite trusted friends to help you, and be sure to lay down your terms so that everyone knows what's going on.

3 - PSU just needs better item distribution settings. Finder might actually be best for farming runs (unless you're hunting things your party members also want), but I usually roll with random, although it's not always foolproof... set in order is just wtf stupid. Something like FF11's lot system would be great, so people can pass on certain loot they don't want, and people who DO want it can "lot" for it before the drops even get distributed. If only one person lots and everyone else passes, it's as good as yours within a minute or so. If multiple people lot, whoever has the highest lot claims the item, or if you're in a guild or similar organization, you can set up a points or seniority system, so that the people who have worked harder for the items they want can rightfully get them. A separate drop system for meseta distribution would be nice too, but we all know Sega's too stupid to fix this game in the ways that it needs to be...

4 - I'd concentrate on leveling your character if you're only Lv24. I know everyone will hate me for saying this, but just go to White Beast like everyone else does. You'll level up quickly AND get some decent cash too. Copernias are really only good for trading in towards Grinder S Bases nowadays, and although they're probably decently profitable at your current level, I just think it'd be easier for you to level up first so you can tackle areas that have much more valuable loot.

DreXxiN
Oct 18, 2009, 10:36 PM
I wonder if anyone realises that when someone rants, maybe they AREN'T a fucking idiot and, you know, just want to get it out of their system, rather than get solutions they are most likely already aware of. I'm sure the OP knows about locking parties and not to trust strangers if he's beyond the age of an elementary school student.

To the OP: I'm sorry about what went down; that's gotta really suck for your impression of the community, man. =(. It's not always like that, and I'm not sure how the 360 side is, but here most people can be trusted to not be complete twats (though I haven't been subbed for a LONG time). Do what you want man, it's not always about what's most efficient that counts, good luck with the Copernia farming; it's surely a good source of income for the level you are at.

Delete
Oct 18, 2009, 10:41 PM
4 - I'd concentrate on leveling your character if you're only Lv24. I know everyone will hate me for saying this, but just go to White Beast like everyone else does. You'll level up quickly AND get some decent cash too. Copernias are really only good for trading in towards Grinder S Bases nowadays, and although they're probably decently profitable at your current level, I just think it'd be easier for you to level up first so you can tackle areas that have much more valuable loot.

This. Keep in mind you don't have to be a lvl 160 to get the best stuff. For example, if you can get to lvl 75 and you get a rare map, you have a chance (though very small) of getting a Red / Knight/Wall which sells for a full stack still. I am not sure but I believe you can hunt for a Repca at 75 too, but I'll have to look that up to make sure.

xBULLYDOGG
Oct 21, 2009, 09:52 AM
It's not always like that, and I'm not sure how the 360 side is, but here most people can be trusted to not be complete twats

On the 360 we have a higher playing population, but, with such an addition of players comes an addition of assholes as you realised on my thread with your savory comments. I had the same situation as the OP, and to be frank told the guy to fuck off and I found someone else to help me. And, from what I have seen, people on the PC/PS2 US/EU servers seem to be competent than others on our servers.

As for copernia, a bit off topic but, if you know where the Military Subway mission is, up at the AMF Metro Platform, do that mission on a C run and you're always guaranteed at least 2 olpads, that are basically copernias with a different name.

Good Luck.:D