PDA

View Full Version : Does PS0 have voice chat?.

Sparks Zeta
Oct 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
So i was playing Custom Robo with my friend a few days back, and it gave me an option to talk with the DS Mic While in the lobby. So my question is,

Does anyone know if PS0 Will have a option for voice chat?.

pso_crash
Oct 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
I don't think ps0 has any kind of voice chat.

Niered
Oct 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
No voice chat, its needless bandwith usage that can be used elsewhere such as game play. Theres a reason that the only place you see voice chat is in lobbies, most games can't handle it outside of that.

xSHiNOx
Oct 18, 2009, 02:32 PM
it would take a lot of bandwidth to play the game while voice chatting at the same time. if you really want to voice chat in a online handheld game, do it through skype, vent, etc.

kirtblue
Oct 18, 2009, 03:51 PM
it would take a lot of bandwidth to play the game while voice chatting at the same time. if you really want to voice chat in a online handheld game, do it through skype, vent, etc.

what a great idea xshinox

day it comes out we should start a group and all use skype

Zero Revenge
Oct 18, 2009, 09:45 PM
what a great idea xshinox

day it comes out we should start a group and all use skype

Oh yeah, just what I want to do. Play my DS indoors and next to my computer no less.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah, just what I want to do. Play my DS indoors and next to my computer no less.

me too ill see you there :)

Zipzo
Oct 19, 2009, 06:56 AM
me too ill see you there :)You're stupid. You spam a lot. I can hardly understand anything you ever post because you have terrible grammar and punctuation.

You should stop that.

BIG OLAF
Oct 19, 2009, 11:27 AM
You're stupid. You spam a lot. I can hardly understand anything you ever post because you have terrible grammar and punctuation.

You should stop that.

A person's internet grammar hardly shows you their intelligence level. One of my closest friends (who is close to a genius IQ level) types and texts like a kindergartner. I, personally, use punctuation and correct grammar because I can't help but do so. I've always been like that, my entire life. What you said to kirtblue was just uncalled for. He was just trying to make a joke. Calm down.

By the way, anyone to two ounces of brains can tell you that, while kirtblue doesn't make his posts out to have perfect grammar or punctuation, they are all easily understandable. So, it seems to me that you just wanted to take the opportunity to jab a cheap shot at him.

Back on-topic: I didn't expect PS0 to have voice chat, anyway. I wonder how good the quality of the voice would have been for a handheld system like the DS. Does anyone know?

zling
Oct 19, 2009, 11:45 AM
vent would be cool, but skype would work too. also, internet grammer definatly doesnt really matter. i often use da for the and der for there just for fun XD

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 01:08 PM
By the way, anyone to two ounces of brains can tell you that, while kirtblue doesn't make his posts out to have perfect grammar or punctuation, they are all easily understandable.
This I would call into question.

BIG OLAF
Oct 19, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well, that's you. I have no problem reading what kirt posts..

Chuck_Norris
Oct 19, 2009, 01:53 PM
This I would call into question.

Indeed. I can't tell what the fuck he's saying half the time. Using proper grammar actually does factor in to how people understand you. You will never be taken as seriously if you type like a monkey.

pso_crash
Oct 19, 2009, 02:10 PM
Indeed. I can't tell what the fuck he's saying half the time. Using proper grammar actually does factor in to how people understand you. You will never be taken as seriously if you type like a monkey.

I agree with this. Your grammar is a representation of yourself in an online community. Bad grammar and punctuation are like bad hygiene on a message board. No one wants to get anywhere near the some dirty, smelly person. Many will be downright offended. Also, in an argument, or discussion, grammar will make your thoughts a hell of a lot clearer and easier to take seriously.

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 02:16 PM

This 100%.

And it isn't just the fact that he talks like a 12 year old, it's the fact that we've asked him time after time to make proper sentences and talk like the rest of us do on the forum.

Could you imagine if like 100 more people all signed up and all talked in leetspeek or internet slang with zero punctuation or capitalization or making paragraphs? It makes a bad example if we allow him to talk like a raving idiot, because then what's to stop those 100 other people when we don't step the first?

It's just common decency to the forum as a whole.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 04:44 PM
This 100%.

And it isn't just the fact that he talks like a 12 year old, it's the fact that we've asked him time after time to make proper sentences and talk like the rest of us do on the forum.

Could you imagine if like 100 more people all signed up and all talked in leetspeek or internet slang with zero punctuation or capitalization or making paragraphs? It makes a bad example if we allow him to talk like a raving idiot, because then what's to stop those 100 other people when we don't step the first?

It's just common decency to the forum as a whole.

get over yourself i told you already im not gunna change my posts ignore me if you want i dont care i wish you would your getting annoying

i also wish a hundred more people showed up and all of them talked differently its the small differences that make the world a wonderful place

i dont look like you and i dont talk like you and i never will deal with it

zling
Oct 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
his grammer isnt even that bad. if it was hard to read i would understand, but it isnt. just worry about yourself and let him post how he wants.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
A person's internet grammar hardly shows you their intelligence level. One of my closest friends (who is close to a genius IQ level) types and texts like a kindergartner. I, personally, use punctuation and correct grammar because I can't help but do so. I've always been like that, my entire life. What you said to kirtblue was just uncalled for. He was just trying to make a joke. Calm down.

By the way, anyone to two ounces of brains can tell you that, while kirtblue doesn't make his posts out to have perfect grammar or punctuation, they are all easily understandable. So, it seems to me that you just wanted to take the opportunity to jab a cheap shot at him.

his grammer isnt event that bad. if it was hard to read i would understand, but it isnt. just worry about yourself and let him post how he wants.

thank big olaf and zling but i fear this is going to be a battle we cannot win it seems to me that grammar is more important than manners around here

Zero Revenge
Oct 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
i dont look like you and i dont talk like you and i never will deal with it

Sounds like a personal problem.

kirtblue
Oct 19, 2009, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

sometimes it can be but ive never had 2nd thoughts about how i look or what i do

even as a child i always had to do things my own way and im a better person for it

the world would be a dull place indeed if everyone looked and acted the same

Zipzo
Oct 20, 2009, 10:00 AM
I was motivated to take the "jab" because when I looked at the latest post to pretty much every single thread on the front page of this forum, the only name I saw was kirtblue. Not only that, but investigating each topic, each of those posts was at max either 10char long, didn't make any sense, or was a desecration to the english language.

To me that is spamming, when he is never adding anything of importance to any subject, machine gun fire-posting and just polluting all the topics with mindless stink that is completely unnecessary if not for the use of gaining post count. A useless +1 type post here and there can be funny (provided you are a humorous person), but hundreds of them (all a provocative display of horrible spelling and grammar at its finest - not to mention stupidity) blanketing the entire board is not.

He is from Montana though, so on those grounds I might be sympathetic.
A person's internet grammar hardly shows you their intelligence level. One of my closest friends (who is close to a genius IQ level) types and texts like a kindergartner. I, personally, use punctuation and correct grammar because I can't help but do so. I've always been like that, my entire life. What you said to kirtblue was just uncalled for. He was just trying to make a joke. Calm down.I'm not oblivious to humor. Had it been something that was blatantly hilarious I'm sure I would have held my tongue regardless of the abundance of things that had me wanting to cut him down for his verbal atrocities that literally almost spam this board in to oblivious since he registered.

The way you type on a forum where nobody knows you most certainly is a depiction of how you present yourself, or how intelligent you are. You don't turn in a hand written essay in college that looks like a big huge disgrace to your education and expect to get a good grade because it's likely understandable. No. That is just not how the world works, man.

And about your super high IQ friend. Anecdotal is anecdotal. If he's a genius and types like a moron, then nobody will care if he's a genius anyway. All that genius pretty much goes to waste if he's not projecting that usefulness on to everyone else.

Edit : Go ahead and look at the first page of the PSZ board. I'll tell you what I see, 99% of the topics' latest post is from kirtblue, usually saying something that makes little to no sense. Even if he was saying something that wasn't stupid, that's almost the definition of spam.

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 10:17 AM
yea cuz this is totaly just like writing a collage essay >.> if you are so upset by it you should pm a mod or something, otherwise just stop whining.

Zipzo
Oct 20, 2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not upset by it, I'm just doing my civic duty to smite those who apparently cheated to get past 3rd grade :).

The fact that this is not a college essay has little to no relevance to the analogy/point I was trying to make.

Whining is something else. Whining would be what you just did, instead of understanding my opinions and maybe writing something of equal thought and value in response.

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 10:37 AM
so my opinion is invalid cuz i dont feel like writing an essay for ya? i get what your saying, i just think that complaining (aka whining) about it in this thread is kinda stupid. hes obviously not going to change so if ya want something done about it the only ones who can do that are the mods (and the wont). and excuse me for misspelling stuff from time to time >.>

Zipzo
Oct 20, 2009, 10:48 AM
so my opinion is invalid cuz i dont feel like writing an essay for ya? i get what your saying, i just think that complaining (aka whining) about it in this thread is kinda stupid. hes obviously not going to change so if ya want something done about it the only ones who can do that are the mods (and the wont). and excuse me for misspelling stuff from time to time >.>What opinion?

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 10:54 AM
the opinion that you should stop complaining about the way other people choose to post

Zipzo
Oct 20, 2009, 10:57 AM
Why are you complaining that I dislike the way someone else posts (and if you hadn't noticed, several others)? We could play ring-a-round the rosie all day with this, it won't mean that kirtblue's posts become less of a nuisance.

At the same time you become more of one.

xSHiNOx
Oct 20, 2009, 02:51 PM
kirt is just the type of person to post in many topics trying to get his post count up.

cApNhOwDy
Oct 20, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hey hey, how 'bout that PS0, gyz?

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 04:04 PM
kirt is just the type of person to post in many topics trying to get his post count up.

wow i kinda feel important with everyone talking about me but on to business

xshinox you are wrong i dont care about post count im just here a lot so i add comments alot

why would it mater if i dont add anything meaningful to the conversation if i keep it going?

im sorry i thought this was a forum where open discussion was a good thing

im only here to discuss my fav games and give a few opinions and ask a few questions

maybe just maybe i might make a few friends along the way so i dont have to play said game by myself

there is a handy little tool in your profile where you can add people to an ignore list if you dont like my post than ignore them and stop complaining

are you saying that teens and preteens cant play these games or post on these forums because they dont have the best typing skills

some of my fav gaming sessions where playing pso with my nephew who was 10 and we had a blast is that not why everyone is here to have fun

dark days ahead for you sir with this game being on the ds you will see lots of teens and preteens

i welcome them all because for me its all about having fun and everyone should be able to do the same regardless of age or typing skills

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 05:03 PM
i have a dream where the good typers and the bad typers will all have fun together where one shal not be judged on the grammer of his posting, but by the freindlyness of their words
:argh:
fixd lol

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 05:10 PM
yeah that sounds about right sorry for sounding so preachy

Mike
Oct 20, 2009, 05:23 PM
You can hit the enter key and the space bar but the shift button and period key are out of reach? I'd tell you to grow up but I don't think you can.

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 09:17 PM
You can hit the enter key and the space bar but the shift button and period key are out of reach? I'd tell you to grow up but I don't think you can.

why is it that you complain about what i type but dont read it

get over it or ignore me i dont care how you deal with it but im here to stay

its not a mater of growing up it a mater of choice and why would i grow up dont you know im peter pan

Zero Revenge
Oct 20, 2009, 09:18 PM

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/ZeroRevenge/1255828777570.gif

zling
Oct 20, 2009, 09:22 PM
wat??

kirtblue
Oct 20, 2009, 09:23 PM
yeah i dont get it?

Chuck_Norris
Oct 23, 2009, 09:36 PM
are you saying that teens and preteens cant play these games or post on these forums because they dont have the best typing skills

I take that as an insult, sir. I've always tried to spell with correct grammar. And I'm 16 years old. You say you're keeping the conversation going by not adding anything to it? Then it's not a fucking conversation. It's a guy talking to a wall.

kirtblue
Oct 23, 2009, 11:11 PM
I take that as an insult, sir. I've always tried to spell with correct grammar. And I'm 16 years old. You say you're keeping the conversation going by not adding anything to it? Then it's not a fucking conversation. It's a guy talking to a wall.

im glad you have taken it upon yourself to have better grammer good for you and im sorry you feel insulted was not meant to be an insult

stop focusing on the negative read the whole post before you start complaining

if you dont like my posts than ignore me but stop complaining about it

everytime someone complains its off topic and five others jump on the screw kirt bandwagon its old

ignore me or shut up

Zero Revenge
Oct 23, 2009, 11:39 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to spend the extra second and fix up your posts?

Perhaps people wouldn't be jumping down your throat then?

SirTopps
Oct 23, 2009, 11:58 PM
as the FOmar king i declare this issue done with.

does psz have voice chat?

kirtblue
Oct 24, 2009, 12:06 AM
no it does not in any way shape or form

SirTopps
Oct 24, 2009, 12:10 AM
well good. we got to the bottom of that one.

kirtblue
Oct 24, 2009, 12:12 AM
lol yeah its been resolved for some time this was then converted to the official bitch at kirtus thread

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 24, 2009, 10:05 AM
Well that blows. I guess SEGA wanted just to stick with Picto and regular text chat. Oh well. Don't expect much in the way of fancy Picto Chat from me. Terrible artist. But I will be drawing piss poor awesome faces though!

*cough*Icanunderstandkirtbluejustfineleavethepoord udealone*cough*

SWORD FISH! *runs off*

xSHiNOx
Oct 24, 2009, 03:43 PM
the game wouldnt be able to handle constant wifi game playing while letting you voice chat at the same time on a handheld. pokemon dont count as you are only giving orders to your pokemon and watching the animation flow.

other online games allows you to voice chat before and after a game and not usually during

SirTopps
Oct 24, 2009, 04:39 PM
well i guess we can always look towards the future .

kirtblue
Oct 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
i think it will be fine pso didnt have voice chat and was wonderful without it

Sparks Zeta
Oct 26, 2009, 02:15 PM
i think it will be fine pso didnt have voice chat and was wonderful without it

Yeah, But you can Type. :/ With PS0, You have to use pictochat. Meaning: Drawing what your writing or The Touch Keyboard Which for some reason really irritates me.. :/

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, But you can Type. :/ With PS0, You have to use pictochat. Meaning: Drawing what your writing or The Touch Keyboard Which for some reason really irritates me.. :/

Or...y'know...the obvious other choice.

Write it with the stylus.

xSHiNOx
Oct 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
there is no typing whatsoever in psz. its all writing through pictochat. i dont see why that would irritate you.

in psp, you cant even communicate with the other player (well, for xlink kai you cant except for its chat room but who looks at that while playing?)

Xhero
Oct 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
So which is free I never used anything to Voice Chat on the PC Is Vent or Skype free?

pso_crash
Oct 26, 2009, 03:37 PM
So which is free I never used anything to Voice Chat on the PC Is Vent or Skype free?

I don't think either one is free. I've only tried vent before. It works well, and I think it's the cheaper of the two.

zling
Oct 26, 2009, 03:50 PM
skype is free if your not calling an actual phone

pso_crash
Oct 26, 2009, 04:34 PM
skype is free if your not calling an actual phone

Oh, huh. I never knew that. I've used the skype IM on myspace and it only has the option to buy minutes to call someone. I just downloaded skype. Now I just need a web cam.

xSHiNOx
Oct 26, 2009, 04:55 PM
skype is basically a msn/aim but the main feature of skype is voice chatting

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
I use skype alot with my girlfriend, we live in seperate states and are both finishing up our degrees so its really nice to actually be able to see each other via webcam. Its not always the highest quality but it ain't half bad for free.

But in all reality I really dont see myself using skype/ventrillo/anything for voicechat on this game or any others. Personally, as long as I can hotkey text for important situations (My health is low!, Where are you guys?, Follow me!, Congratulations!, etc. etc.) I'm fine.

In fact, I was probably one of the only people that thought Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time had a semi-succesful chat system. Sure, finding what you wanted to say could be a pain, but those floating reply bubbles that popped up whenever someone made a suggestion were genius.

xSHiNOx
Oct 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
when psz comes out, we should do some voice chat while playing instead of writing in pictochat.

Akaimizu
Oct 26, 2009, 05:40 PM
Makes sense since the pictochat isn't quite as fast or as convenient to use as our old keyboards. It works, and you can fortunately macro that stuff, but that's about it.

Xhero
Oct 26, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks Alot Im downloading Skype is it possible to make a group and Speak us at the same time?

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks Alot Im downloading Skype is it possible to make a group and Speak us at the same time?

huh???????????????????

zling
Oct 26, 2009, 10:13 PM
you can do group calls, but you cant have video in em (not that you want to have it for this game anyways)

xSHiNOx
Oct 26, 2009, 10:21 PM
looks like im going to have to re download skype again. didnt have any use for it before. hope to hear you all lol

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 11:45 PM
cute pic shino where did you find it?

xSHiNOx
Oct 27, 2009, 12:05 AM
pixiv

kirtblue
Oct 27, 2009, 12:28 AM
pixiv

never heard of it ill try and find it on google images

SirTopps
Oct 27, 2009, 02:15 AM
kirt love himself some cute lol . but it is very cute. i love it too.

Zero Revenge
Oct 27, 2009, 08:17 AM
No man could deny its cuteness.