PDA

View Full Version : Level 200 = No Life?

Sedyne
Feb 23, 2003, 12:06 PM
Ok in my honest opinion...

Level 200 Is not that hard to get to. If you are anything like I "Used" to be like, I used to level like a crazy mother fugger.

Back in the dreamcast days i remember i was one of the first few level 200 bitches here at PSOW along with Blue-Streak and someone else. I remeber we had all reached 200 all within 3 hours of eachother, i being the 3rd while i was racnig blue streak for >_<. But i went out and came back and he and another person had reached 200 before I did. >_<

Now I'm just wondering how many people still ahve that "Urge" to Power level. I know Ginko somewhat does because he's allways heat swording. Unfortunatly I've somewhat lost the taste for it after raising 2 characters over level 125 and then corrupting them. I've also raised a few others over 110, just quit playing them though.

Also I question how many of you really want to reach level 200? I do with my FOmar, today I've only reached 130. I figure with all the time I had spent on my combined charaters I could have very well been up there into at least 160's probably 170's.

Anyways yeah blah ;3 I'm annoying sorry

Lunchbox601
Feb 23, 2003, 12:20 PM
On 2003-02-23 09:06, SeanX930 wrote:
Ok in my honest opinion...

Level 200 Is not that hard to get to. If you are anything like I "Used" to be like, I used to level like a crazy mother fugger.

Back in the dreamcast days i remember i was one of the first few level 200 bitches here at PSOW along with Blue-Streak and someone else. I remeber we had all reached 200 all within 3 hours of eachother, i being the 3rd while i was racnig blue streak for >_<. But i went out and came back and he and another person had reached 200 before I did. >_<

Now I'm just wondering how many people still ahve that "Urge" to Power level. I know Ginko somewhat does because he's allways heat swording. Unfortunatly I've somewhat lost the taste for it after raising 2 characters over level 125 and then corrupting them. I've also raised a few others over 110, just quit playing them though.

Also I question how many of you really want to reach level 200? I do with my FOmar, today I've only reached 130. I figure with all the time I had spent on my combined charaters I could have very well been up there into at least 160's probably 170's.

Anyways yeah blah ;3 I'm annoying sorry

yeah well sean , buddy, i have to say i have the urge to be able to kick ultimate modes ass, when i can safely get the satisfaction of kicking that mother fuggerin dimeanian wanna be my life will be complete. I mean its aggarvating to go into mines ult. offline and not survive in like two rooms and then go online and forest online is hard as hell. but ya know whether it be level 200 i'm determinded ot be able to kick a SINOWS ASSS i hate them sooo much, if i ever had an arch enemy in the game it would be all of those dam sinowss....o those sinows....

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 12:26 PM
its yet some time to kill before i can finally start but ... my aim is lvl150 - every level beyond this will be bonus...

then again... it depends how often i got my charas corrupted if i even reach my goal... ^_^;;

Auracom
Feb 23, 2003, 12:40 PM
hey rena!
My goal is 200, but i don't think i'll get there anytime soon. I've been on lv108 for a few weeks nows, i've taken a break to widen my horizons.
Playing StarFox Adventures, GoldenSun, and Metroid Prime.

Almost done StarFox then back to PSO for me.

Cloud_01
Feb 23, 2003, 12:41 PM
If I ever get corrupted i'm just going to stop playing PSO.

I'm not going to spend another 150+ hours of my life to get back to the same level I was before.

You get my point?

Auracom
Feb 23, 2003, 12:59 PM
You've got a point...
I've been asking myself the same question over and over; "Is it worth it in the end?"
Here's what i came up with.If you like playing pso i don't see why you wouldn't continue. I play to get to lv200 but i would still keep playing long after that, just because I like the game play. I'll hopefully be online by that time and i'd use it as a chat program also.

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 01:15 PM
hm... i'm not planning to get to 200 because...
i reached lvl100 in v1 with rena and every further monster i killed was literally wasted time...
then i like having multiple charas and i guess 150 will do to go everywhere without much problems...

in a case of corruption... i guess i'd be sad for a moment but then again i will continue to play since its for the people i know online, not for the level, stat or weapon i had...

Atari
Feb 23, 2003, 01:17 PM
i just want to get to 112 so i can use my kasami bracer, after that i dont know where i want to be, i had at least like 10 characters so far, i just get really bored of them then delete them and make a new one

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 01:25 PM
My goal in v2 was reach lv 200, but I got ck'ed before that happened.

Phalanx currently has over 500 hours, and is only close to getting half the exp necessary for level 200. (note that I don't concetrate on leveling up) I'll probably get her to level 200 one day, but it'll be a while before I reach that goal. The only way I see myself focus purely on leveling is if I find all the items that I seek, and it's going to be a while before that happens - If ever.

IronKnight
Feb 23, 2003, 01:40 PM
I try not to make my PSO time into an EXP race... I remember in PSO v1 once I had hit lvl 100 it was like there was no more drive to play. And v2 was so boring for me since it was just the same old areas and took so long to lvl. I plan on getting PSOX and taking it slow. I perfer maybe getting only to lvl 110, and enjoying every minute of it, than getting to lvl 200 just rushing through Ruins over and over.

GandorDurin
Feb 23, 2003, 02:38 PM
My goal is 199, because if I ever got a character to level 200 I'd stop using them, there'd be no reason other than showing off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cloud_01
Feb 23, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'm not saying I will, but if I one day get one of my characters to level 200 I wouldn't use them online.

Why risk a level 200 character to corruption just to show off? All that hard spent time leveling up the character gone...like he never even existed. I don't even want to imagine it.

Elixer
Feb 23, 2003, 02:56 PM
i would like to get lvl 200 also i dont if i dont rush to get 200. i have had problems choosing a character to play with steadily im always switching around but once i get settled down ill try to hit lvl 200. then after 200 nothing but TA cmode

CeasOne
Feb 23, 2003, 03:10 PM
My goal is 200 as well, my HUmar is the closest level 135 but ive recently made a RAmarl and kicked her from level 1 to level 130 in a matter of 150 hours of game play ... my HUmar has well over 350+ :/ although if i ever lost my main memory card 800 hours of my life.. "about 1 month straight nonstop pso " i would probably stop playing all together & go play some of my neglected game... ie resident evil 0 & metroid prime .... "resident evil 0 i managed to pull myself away from pso to beat but metroid wasnt so lucky"

Sedyne
Feb 23, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-02-23 11:56, Elixer wrote:
i would like to get lvl 200 also i dont if i dont rush to get 200. i have had problems choosing a character to play with steadily im always switching around but once i get settled down ill try to hit lvl 200. then after 200 nothing but TA cmode

That' was my previous problem. I focus on my FOmar now though, and i'm raising CastX930 my Hucast, and i'm thinking of bringing back my HUmar SedyneX930 for some kicks.

GandorDurin
Feb 23, 2003, 03:27 PM
I'd rather get all 12 characters I have to level 100+ than have one or two level 200 bastard children. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Still, it'd be nice to have one, I suppose...But it would feel like putting "The end" in the book that is my HUmar's tales. Noooo! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HC82
Feb 23, 2003, 06:12 PM
If I took the combined time on all my characters and devoted that just to power leveling I would of reached level 200(given that I can powerlevel pretty damn fast).

Although IMO power leveling is mind numbingly boring. My FO is level 170 and I never even powerleveled her. FOs just rock offline, so I pretty much rare hunted, and only did stages that were rewarding and efficent exp.

I really don't see the thrill in hitting 200 when there isn't much to look foward to. Only way my FO will gain anymore levels is if ST releases some sort of new quest like famitsu.

When famitsu first came out I was around level 159. I was pretty much done by then when it came to leveling. By the end of famitsu I was level 169. I gained another level just for the heck of it.

Right now I just play PSO for fun, and powerleveling IMO isn't fun. Since to powerlevel you have to redo the same stage(s) over and over again to reach a certain exp quota in a certain amount of time...*boring*

Tigereye
Feb 23, 2003, 06:14 PM
I guess I'm a rare case. The rage is still burning.

ginko990
Feb 23, 2003, 06:36 PM
I find leveling up fun, Its always the urge to get that next level. Im currently lvl 167, when I hit 175 im going to slow down, its a ncie number http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Level 200 now, on GC,..I dont know about that.

Its so much time put into the game, and it hasnt even been out all that long.

I might get there one day, but Ive started working on my RAmar now. I want to get him to ult, Hes 53 now. My HUcast got too boring and i stopped lvling him at lvl 63. And every once in a while Ill hit it up with my FOnewearl in ult, shes lvl 115.

But for now, i find it so muhc more fun leveling Ginko.

So. im going to keep doing it.

On a side note, i own sean.

Cloak
Feb 23, 2003, 06:48 PM
Fux LV200. It's too hard to get there. It's hard enough growing just on level, in the 160's. I'm bored with pretty much all 8 stages. I only sometimes play if it's an area where I want a rare. Or if it's a quest. But 85% of PSO time is c-mode. Not TAing to get some uber time on one char or anything, just s-ranking, etc.

Drayma
Feb 23, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-02-23 15:12, HC82 wrote:

FOs just rock offline, so I pretty much rare hunted, and only did stages that were rewarding and efficent exp.

Agree, I'm having a blast offline with my FO, play a ramar online for support lol.

Scan_Man
Feb 23, 2003, 08:15 PM
I'm going to get all 4 of my characters to level 180 first. Then take it from there.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 23, 2003, 10:13 PM
4 to lv 180...

That's... not sure what that is. I'll give you credit for having such a high goal, but... it's not something that I'd even consider doing.

IronKnight
Feb 23, 2003, 10:19 PM
On 2003-02-23 17:15, Scan_Man wrote:
I'm going to get all 4 of my characters to level 180 first. Then take it from there.

I hope you packed alot of Mountain Dew and Taco Bell.

Scan_Man
Feb 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
I get my copy of v1.1 this week. And Scan_Kid is already at level 171. Granted I have not played PSO in almost 3 and a half months. In a few weeks that will be one down and 3 more to go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-02-23 19:43 ]</font>

DB
Feb 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
All I want to do, is reach level 200, with my HUmar. After that, I will have experienced everything there is, too experience in this game. And I will be able to walk away satisfied from it, and all the time I have spent on it. But it is not just that... That was never my goal. I didn't pick up the game, just to reach level 200, and get a Lavis Cannon. I didn't pick it up for Episode 2, or the new features. I picked it up again. To make some new friends, meet some old ones, and enjoy playing a game with them. t just happens to be PSO. Weather I reach level 200 or not, i'll still play, just to see my friends, and all the other people. Just to see what they can come up with, that's new and intresting. Weather it's a new saying, a cool character design, or the promise of reaching level 200 in record time. I'd like to be there to see it. We all make our own goals here.... But would we get online, if making levels, was our only goal? I think not. We get online, to meet people, have fun playing alongside them, and sharinf dofferent concepts and ideals.... I don't think I could put it much better than that.

The one and only... -DB-

Annoy
Feb 23, 2003, 11:53 PM
Oy...reaching 200 is a loooong way off...especially when I rarely play my two highest level characters (though I've been getting back into my HUmar). My FOneweral lost almost all interest to me...although...I am getting it back somewhat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But, I just have a lot more fun playing my RAcast...

Although It'd be nice to get to level 200....I dunno what I'd do anymore... o.o Besides start other characters get them to 200...then once I have every type and every ID...I'd jsut get bored

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Feb 24, 2003, 12:03 AM
Really if I hit lvl 131 so I can use my Smoking Plate for my FO, I'll be satisfied.....

BonusKun
Feb 24, 2003, 07:15 AM
Now I'm just wondering how many people still ahve that "Urge" to Power level.

Sup Fugger. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also I question how many of you really want to reach level 200?

I just want to be the 1st US HUcaseal to hit 200. I'm battling it out with 2 others and it's a race like nothing else. I plan to at least gain another 2 levels today and shave off some exp for a 3rd before the day is out.

I hope you finished those last 100 pages you had to read so we can seriously kick it.

Seeya online fugger. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

btw I made it to Level 200 on DC near the end of Version 2 seeing as I honestly felt i was one of the last ones to do it. Doing it again is seriously mindnumbing but not that bad.

I seriously am scoffing at 1 Million exp a level now. That is nothing to me after the mass exp ownage I did on V2. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-02-24 04:20 ]</font>

Riel
Feb 24, 2003, 07:44 AM
I will never reach 200 with my HUcaseal(level 123 now)because i spend to much time just talking in the lobbies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CorneliusPower
Feb 24, 2003, 08:06 AM
I can honestly relate to you Sean, i have 4 characters myself and my highest being my 136 HUnewearl, hent0pia. With my HUmar being 2nd, lvl 133, my FOnewearl 3rd, lvl 120, and my RAcaseal last with a lvl of 57. I honestly think I would be around the 180's by now, but as I was saying i can relate to you Sean and I hope to reach 200 some day, I just finished CMODE S-Rank tonight so now that thats out of the way Im gonna hardcore lvl it. Kinda refreshing to hear that there's ppl like me with more than 1 character over 120. Peace.

Elusive_Llama
Feb 24, 2003, 08:22 AM
My goal is to get my hunny to 152 so she can finally equip her aura field, then I'll bestow some lovin' on my fonewearl until she's in ultimate. After that, it's a bit of steamy ramarl action, then back to my hunny for old time's sake.

Sheesh...sounds like a pr0n flick.

DemiPlat
Feb 24, 2003, 11:57 AM
On 2003-02-24 05:22, Elusive_Llama wrote:
My goal is to get my hunny to 152 so she can finally equip her aura field, then I'll bestow some lovin' on my fonewearl until she's in ultimate. After that, it's a bit of steamy ramarl action, then back to my hunny for old time's sake.

Sheesh...sounds like a pr0n flick.

I like this post!

Topic: I will get my Ramarl to Lv160 at some point, just to get her to a round number. But she's really done power leveling now and she's mostly for c-mode. However, Platinum (my Hunewearl) is a recreation of my fave v1 character and I am having a BLAST playing as Plat again. Who knows how high I will level her? It will take a while, since I help my friends level up in hard and VH, but to me it isn't a race anymore. Back last fall I used to level my RAmarl like crazy, but now I just play to play, and it's even more fun!

Genoa
Feb 24, 2003, 07:15 PM
Well I don't like the idea of getting to level 200 because I had a RAmar at level 89 and got corrupted
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My little friend wanted to play PSO so he played a bit, then got bored. So he decided to quit. He went to quit then turned the power off. Little did he know that it saves when you hit quit. And now I lost My RAmar 89, HUcast 50, RAmar 25, RAmar 90. I felt like killing him for abouta week. Now i'm starting a RAmarl, HUmar, RAmar, and RAcast. They got corrupted 2 days ago and i'm already at:
RAmarl-20
HUmar-15
RAmar-11
RAcast-13

Is that good for 2 school days???

Zuljin
Feb 25, 2003, 09:01 AM
That's the whole reason I play. I love leveling up characters in RPG's. I set myself goals for PSO, and one of them happens to be to finally get a character up to lvl 200, and I'm almost there (lvl 180). When I hit 200, I can finally rest... Or start on a new character ! Hehehe...