PDA

View Full Version : PSO characters based on Anime/manga characters

Java378
Oct 25, 2009, 08:51 PM
Anyone have any builds for Phantasy Star Zero based on Anime or Manga characters? I remember with PSO, some people actually played as Tails form Sonic the Hedgehog.

When I played PSO, I loved pretending to be Vash the stampede with a Human Force and a Varista. Sure, you could say Vash should be a ranger, but in the manga with all the explosions and his super weapon, he is definitely a force. I think the Cowboy costumes kinda spoil it now though.

Anyone else?

SirTopps
Oct 25, 2009, 09:03 PM
yeah i know what you mean. it was a very popular thing to do. during christmas there were tons of santas lol. i also people tried to be goku and gohan too.

kirtblue
Oct 25, 2009, 09:09 PM
yeah i remember some friends who had cloud and sephiroth from ff7 as far as anime goes i remember ayeka and sasami from tenchi muyo and the only reason i remember that is because i made ayeka and ran into sasami in a lobby who told me she knows other ayekas and sasamis so she got deleted after like 4 hours play time

thanx to sirtopps for reminding me about dbz there was alot of trunks humars

Niered
Oct 25, 2009, 09:15 PM
People who cant come up with original names for there characters are, in my humble opinion, tools.

SirTopps
Oct 25, 2009, 09:17 PM
thats right. trunks vegeta. just about anyone . just like miis now. the will make one of anyone.

kirtblue
Oct 25, 2009, 09:25 PM
but with the miis at least some of them are made for contests and what not

SirTopps
Oct 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
lol thats true. but people have been doing it for a long time now. i dont have a super problem with it. some of it can be clever . always good for a laugh . but some are just shameful and weird. i would have to agree with niered. like you buy a game you make your character then you name him link. come on. thats kinda lame. or whatever is popular. yugioh or whatever lol

kirtblue
Oct 25, 2009, 09:32 PM
but like i was saying about contest the mii channel has them so if they say make link everyone makes link then you can vote on the best one so on and so fourth

SirTopps
Oct 25, 2009, 09:34 PM
i really hate those contests. every one looks the same. i made a real messed up naruto. no one likes him lol. i also made a messed up luigi. hes kinda popular.

kirtblue
Oct 25, 2009, 09:38 PM
friend of mine made an awesome mr.t

Zero Revenge
Oct 25, 2009, 11:37 PM
People who cant come up with original names for there characters are, in my humble opinion, tools.

This.

Create your own character. You're own storyline if you will. Don't be unoriginal, or as Niered nicely put it, a tool.

Java378
Oct 25, 2009, 11:43 PM
Sure, create an original. But, I was on PSO for Gamecube and I had about 3 memory cards. 4 characters each memory card. Sometimes I liked making characters to play as. I never said I never deleted and started over constantly.

My main was totally original.

I just liked seeing that people could make sephiroth and get his weapon and such. This is why I think the mecha/wing mags will be popular.

SirTopps
Oct 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
java has a point. you can be original. thats great. but theres nothing wrong with having fun and making up new people .. just for fun.

kirtblue
Oct 25, 2009, 11:55 PM
dude i did that too at one point i was upto like 16 characters on gamecube i deleted most of them after 30 hours of play if that

Java378
Oct 25, 2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah.

Sometimes after playing counterstrike, I wanted to make a swat team guy for PSO.
Or after watching a movie or Anime(Bleach), I'd make a Force. The super thinger could be the Bankai. People are already comparing some weapon effects to it already for the japanese version.
And maybe after hitting people over the head with sticks, I'd hop on Phantasy Star and make a hunter.

It's all about feeling.

In PSU for PSP, none of mine got past level 25. Level 20 maybe to see the mag super thingy.
And for PSO, they maybe got to their teens. Then I sent the items to my main. That's how my main force got a nifty varista. And thanks to "Vash", I got the practice. Or was it another ranger?

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 12:10 AM
i think you said vash was a fomar

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 12:14 AM
i think you said vash was a fomar

Yeah, but I think I got the varista form another character. One of my hunters/human who got to lvl 25. It couldn't use the weapon. Then again, I made so many characters, I can hardly remember. It was all before 2005.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 12:18 AM
yeah i know what you mean i have a hard time remembering most of mine that i got rid of

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 12:23 AM
I swear to god If I see even one idiot with a character named Tsubasa in this game I will end them in this world, and every subsequent one in the afterlife.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 12:26 AM
I swear to god If I see even one idiot with a character named Tsubasa in this game I will end them in this world, and every subsequent one in the afterlife.

i havent kept up with my anime/games in a while who is tsubasa? and why do you hate it so much?

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 12:32 AM

I have faintly heard of that series, but I think I'd do the same. I feel the same way about Inuyasha. Some girl actually tried to have sex with a wolf and in her diary revealed that she was inspired by inuyasha. She as mauled and lived.

But, some characters are actually cool.

I like how you can control your actions better with this one though. So, I can hold back healing them.

SirTopps
Oct 26, 2009, 12:32 AM
whatever it is im sure its better than twilight

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 12:35 AM
whatever it is im sure its better than twilight

or harry potter omg im expecting a bunch of those online when the next movie comes out

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 12:40 AM
Oh god, not twilight. If a fangirl comes on here, we let them go the map alone.

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 12:43 AM
or harry potter omg im expecting a bunch of those online when the next movie comes out

The uniforms match Harry potter or Elizabethan era dress so I may let that pass. There just better be a Hermione with some suggestive chat expressions or easy rare item trades for wands that are not straight and pencil like.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 12:52 AM
mmmmmmmmm........suggestive chat expressions

Niered
Oct 26, 2009, 01:12 AM
I have faintly heard of that series, but I think I'd do the same. I feel the same way about Inuyasha. Some girl actually tried to have sex with a wolf and in her diary revealed that she was inspired by inuyasha. She as mauled and lived.

But, some characters are actually cool.

I like how you can control your actions better with this one though. So, I can hold back healing them.

Woops sorry not Tsubasa, Tsukasa, from the absolutely terrible .hack anime. People get this absolutely stupid idea that naming there character after a character in a FAKE mmo who's mind is actually stuck in the game makes them witty. It doesn't, it makes them a tool because theyre the millionth person to think of it.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 01:18 AM
i liked the legend of the twilight one i didnt watch the serious one i normally only watch comedys but i am willing to bet there will be a few as that also happens to be a lucky star character

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 01:21 AM
I wish they used the PSO engine for .hack game instead of the crappy stuff they use now. I only played one once at school. It sucked. I tried for an hour.

The .hack mmo idea is actually pretty solid. Kind of like World of warcraft is now, but different settings. I like the idea of woman werewolves with cleavage.

Too bad some crappy licensing has it stuck on Playstation.

On the bright side, some game called "element hunter" is borrowing PS0's game engine.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 01:30 AM
i think one mmo is enough for me

Java378
Oct 26, 2009, 01:32 AM
I have a sleep disorder and I'm downloading maplestory after Dead Frontier went down(server).

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 01:35 AM
maplestory looks cute i like the art

Donnikun
Oct 26, 2009, 04:23 AM
well my FOmar main is original, but as a roleplay thing i like to base his magic as alchemy, like in the fullmetal alchemist universe or something.

kirtblue
Oct 26, 2009, 04:28 AM
i didnt really get into that show but if we talking anime i would have to say slayers ftw

Zero Revenge
Oct 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
Close this thread. No one post for a week.

PS: Neired is a genius.