PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Demo Internet Multimode Raffle

Mike
Oct 26, 2009, 06:09 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/information/20091026/
http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10373924287.html

There was a post on the official site today about the raffle for the demo's internet mulitmode. You'll need a PSN account to enter the raffle because you enter straight from the Playstation Store. Even if you don't get picked, by entering the raffle you'll be able to download an exclusive Emilia theme for your PSP.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=11435

The raffle is open for entry from 10 am on Wednesday, October 28th to 1 pm on Friday, November 20th. A total of 200,000 people will be chosen over a total of 4 drawings. The dates are:

November 5th
November 12th
November 19th
November 26th

If you are chosen, a product code will be sent to the email address associated with the PSN account you entered the drawing with. You then take that product code, enter it under your account details in the Playstation Store and you get your "Trial Lisence." The internet multimode for demo will end on November 30th so if you're chosen, get all the playtime you can in.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=11436
In this picture of online mode, we have:

Look at party list: Displays a current list of 20 random parties.
Create party
Party search
Simple mail
Retun

In the bottom, there are "Rookie" and "E" icons. Suppose these have something to do with challenge and versus modes?

If you need some help applying (it's really not hard) here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUmBEglEksc

r00tabaga
Oct 26, 2009, 07:21 AM
I can't wait to play this game...I bought a PSPgo just for the occasion! I hope I don't have to know Japanese to understand certain text prompts. Most of the gameplay I should be ok.

Mike
Oct 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
You'll need a Japanese PSN so you'll have to go through some prompts of moonspeak. There are tutorials for that though. There will be tutorials for apply for the demo drawing as well, come Wednesday.

Mysterious-G
Oct 26, 2009, 07:40 AM
The blog was updated with more informations. The Emilia design looks really nice and cute. (:

http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20091026/19/phantasy-star-portable2/d4/e1/j/o0240032010287563177.jpg

Arika
Oct 26, 2009, 07:49 AM
200,000 people? wow, that is more than highest peak time of JP PSU population. and it is even called "limited demo"

they really plan to beat monster hunter with this game.
Good luck, I hope it get million sale.

Mike
Oct 26, 2009, 08:10 AM
The blog was updated with more informations. The Emilia design looks really nice and cute. (:

I've updated the first post to reflect the blog post.

r00tabaga
Oct 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hey Mike, can I get a link for "moonspeak"?
-TYvm-

BioWarrior
Oct 26, 2009, 11:25 AM
Damn I really need to get on the ball and make my jpn psn account already this is too nice to pass up.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 26, 2009, 11:44 AM
Guess I might as well put this here, a great guide to making a Japanese PSN acount on your PSP:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=1076891&postcount=1

r00tabaga
Oct 26, 2009, 12:09 PM
I have to delete my U.S. PSN account? Won't that mean that I have to find a new username and retype all of my info again when I wanna play games that I've D/L'd from the U.S. Store? I'm confused...sorry

BioWarrior
Oct 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
I have to delete my U.S. PSN account? Won't that mean that I have to find a new username and retype all of my info again when I wanna play games that I've D/L'd from the U.S. Store? I'm confused...sorry

Unlike on a ps3 the psp can only store info for 1 log in at a time. Your not actually erasing it, just deleting the log in info from your psp.

r00tabaga
Oct 26, 2009, 01:00 PM
Will I need to make a different username every time I switch back?

BioWarrior
Oct 26, 2009, 01:15 PM
Nope. The user name is permanently tied to that account.

r00tabaga
Oct 26, 2009, 01:23 PM
k, thx! Woohoo-

Zimbabwe
Oct 26, 2009, 11:39 PM
This is gonna be huge! They call it a demo but I'm considering this a Beta. It's almost as if Sega is treating the release of PSP2 as a full fledged MMO on the hand held system!
It's knowing that their doing something like this, that makes me even more excited for the game to come out. :D

yeongene
Oct 27, 2009, 08:34 PM
so wait, we just make a PSN account and they are randomly chosen?

Amherst_Wind
Oct 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
Its open now by the way everyone, simply go to the Store on your JP PSN account using your method of choice (Media go on your PC, your PS3 or your PSP) and find the picture of Emilia and the PSP2 logo, download the Emilia theme and thats it, you're entered!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 28, 2009, 01:46 AM
Done. 8D
I hope they send me an email. ;x

Fry_Heit
Oct 28, 2009, 02:57 AM
Done, but I just can't use the theme, and I don't know why ><

Maelixius
Oct 28, 2009, 04:03 AM
Looks like I won't be able to enter the lottery.
Keep getting the "The connected PSP system is activated with a different account.
If you perform this operation, the current activation will become invalid.
Do you want to continue?" message and I have no idea how to do this on a PSP with custom firmware.
Guess it's a dead end for me.

:(

Fry_Heit
Oct 28, 2009, 05:20 AM
Nope, it's not. This message means your PSP is linked to a US or EU account. If you try to connect your PSP on Media Go and go on the JP PSN, you'll have to sync your PSP with your newly created JP account. But this doesn't mean your old US/EU account will disappear! Your PSP will just be synced with a new account, that's all.

So accept and download the theme. Then, if you wanna switch back to your old account, just connect to it using Media Go and download something on it...

... Or so I heard :/. Actually, I'm still wondering why I can't use the theme :/

Maelixius
Oct 28, 2009, 05:41 AM
I took your advice and decided to connect my PSP to the PC and download the theme through Media Go and of course, that message popped up again in moonspeak but I still downloaded it.
Hope the opportunity to get into the lottery didn't go to waste.
Also..
The Emilia theme isn't working for me either.

Mike
Oct 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
Looks like I won't be able to enter the lottery.
Keep getting the "The connected PSP system is activated with a different account.
If you perform this operation, the current activation will become invalid.
Do you want to continue?" message and I have no idea how to do this on a PSP with custom firmware.
Guess it's a dead end for me.

:(
Just hit "Yes." You just need to re-activate your PSP each time you switch accounts.

Maelixius
Oct 28, 2009, 06:02 AM
Just hit "Yes." You just need to re-activate your PSP each time you switch accounts.

Much appreciated for confirming this.:)

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2009, 06:24 AM
How does one reactivate their PSP? I know I downloaded it because I have the theme on my PSP, but I still can't sign in with the one I made on my PS3.

EDIT: Nevermind, did some reading and figured it out; I was too hyped out this to try and do some research, sorry guys! All set. Hope to see ya all online :P.

GrimmDaReaper
Oct 28, 2009, 06:29 AM
Just downloaded the theme. Im looking foward to playing psp2. Though how they will do camera angles 4 the pspgo is beyond me. Using the dpad and analog on the GO! at the same time is more difficult then on previous PSPs.

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
So if you have the theme, you are entered, is that correct?

GrimmDaReaper
Oct 28, 2009, 06:38 AM
Yeah. Its basically the same as the gran turismo offer that was done in europe. Except that offer had I.P. address scans to ensure it only was used by european countries only. Lets just hope that Japan feels sorry for us bored and (content ripped from our games) lowly americans.

Fry_Heit
Oct 28, 2009, 09:18 AM
I found out how to make the theme work : Media Go puts it into a sub folder of PSP/Theme, but it has to be IN the Theme folder, not in a sub one ! So cut paste it, and it'll work.

Nice theme by the way ^^.

GrimmDaReaper
Oct 28, 2009, 10:46 AM
If you didnt notice by now i believe PSP2 theme is the first 6.00 theme. It even has the icons for the psp go harddrive instead of just the memory stick.

ashley50
Oct 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
Got the theme...good thing I have a JP PSN account :)

ShinAnt
Oct 28, 2009, 11:39 PM
I guess I gave out my JP PSN out too much. Had to make a new one Haha.

I'm all set, the theme looks nice to boot, I can't wait for November.

ashley50
Oct 28, 2009, 11:42 PM
I guess I gave out my JP PSN out too much. Had to make a new one Haha.

I'm all set, the theme looks nice to boot, I can't wait for November.
I didn't use yours I swear. ;o

ShinAnt
Oct 28, 2009, 11:54 PM
LIAR!

Emmie
Nov 1, 2009, 07:24 PM
Could someone post the theme? I'm not gonna sign up for the raffle, but I would like to get the theme for my psp. :)

Edit: Nevermind. I got it.

Illuminate
Nov 2, 2009, 02:59 AM
Wee, I has signed up for teh rafflez! :3