PDA

View Full Version : when the pso-files get corrupted...

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 01:20 PM
... when the files get corrupted, is this only affecting the character file or also system-, network- and (what i'm concerning about the most) guildcardfile?

thank you very much for your patience.
and if this belongs into another forum, i'm sorry.

Cloud_01
Feb 23, 2003, 02:13 PM
My friend got corrupted at level 118. I felt kind of sorry for him.

Well anyways, corruption affects all of the PSO files for the character(s) that got corrupted on the memory card. At least for my friend it did. He lost all 4 characters on his memory card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-02-23 11:16 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 02:25 PM
my condolences honestly - but... just the chara-file? his guildcardfile survived?

Cloud_01
Feb 23, 2003, 02:31 PM
Nope, he lost the guild card files on each of his characters too.

rena-ko
Feb 23, 2003, 02:38 PM
i see... well, thats bad... in worst case everything is meaningless except for the guildcards...

ok, thank you very much for clearing this up.

i guess theres no way to save the guildcardfile, because its a noncopyable file for no appearant reason, isnt it... sheesh...

Moleman
Feb 23, 2003, 06:20 PM
I got corrupted at 80. Lost character and guild card

Celes152
Feb 23, 2003, 09:42 PM
Yes, it's non-copiable. Maybe get important people to give you their Guild Cards on two seperate memory cards..

Getintothegame
Feb 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
Last time I tried, you cant copy your guild card files...

DB
Feb 23, 2003, 11:52 PM
Umm.... Total bummer. But here's a question. How do most people have their files corrupted? I mean, it can't just be some kind of freak accident, can it? I've been FSODed, BSODed, ect... Never been corrupted. Lost a challenge rank, but that's about as bad as it got. I heard most people get character corruption, due to trying to dupe online, or ripping their memory card out... But hey, that's just what I heard. Info would be much appreciated. And if you do lose a char to corruption... Would it be enough to make you quit PSO?

Fanatic72802
Feb 24, 2003, 12:34 AM
I recently got corrupted ala ripping the memory card out, (BAKA BAKA) and my HUmar was 1v 83 with lots of nice rares, but I don't think I'm going to be quitting in a very long time!

rena-ko
Feb 24, 2003, 04:34 AM
i wouldn't quit because i lost my chara, and i even woudn't if i'd lose my guildcards...
but then again, if i'd lose contact to several people, i'd quit, i guess...

DarkOdin
Feb 24, 2003, 04:43 PM
rena-ko i got a corrupted file twice. You loose your friends cards but they din't loose yours, they can still contact you.

Namevah
Feb 24, 2003, 09:13 PM
I got corrupted so many times. All my Guild cards, rares, charcters gone. It makes me mad that Sega cant do more. I was particularly mad when I lost a guild card of a fomarl, Lucia and a EGM-Chris.

DB
Feb 24, 2003, 10:18 PM
So, it is true, you get corrupted from ripping out the mem card... And if that happens, all your chars are toast? Bummer... Not only is your main character gone... You lose it all... I'm not willing to try it, until I get another card. But hey, that's just me. And if I got corrupted... There's no way i'd quit. Always more cool peeps to chill with.

BWS-1
Feb 24, 2003, 11:17 PM
The messge is clear I beleive, it says get back on DC PSO! Where Hackers are as present as file corruption on GC PSO ...

rbf2000
Feb 25, 2003, 01:41 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42567&forum=11&0