PDA

View Full Version : :/ zero of wut

JCGamer
Oct 28, 2009, 04:00 AM
ok some us old gamer we all played and beat the first PS on the sega master system and continues on the sega Genesis/Mega drive.So how this can be a zero of the old school.And there no newmen invole on the first one.You play as a human girl to sent on a mission to stop some cost. so how does PS0 compare from the old school and the new school :D

zling
Oct 28, 2009, 09:48 AM
it comes a bit before pso back before they left earth

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah this game comes before PSO officially, Phantasy Star I-IV are not officially linked to PSO or PS Zero in anyway apart from fan conjecture.

landman
Oct 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
It comes after PSO, actually...

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
It comes after PSO, actually...

Wait. What? I thought it's been said to be a Prequel, because they're still on Earth.

And in PSO, they fled Ear-- oh son of a bitch, that's a spoiler isn't it?

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 11:41 AM
I believe the big surprise you can find in a side quest in PS Zero is the name of the planet they are on is Coral, the same Coral that Pioneer 1 and 2 left due to war, leading them eventually to Ragol and PSO. Thats why it occurs before.

zling
Oct 28, 2009, 11:50 AM
also, the tech level is much lower in zero. most of the guns have solid amunition and melee weapons use phisical blades instead of laz0rz

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 12:05 PM
also, the tech level is much lower in zero. most of the guns have solid amunition and melee weapons use phisical blades instead of laz0rz

Yep thats correct, in fact Dairon City is basically one big excavation site where they are discovering ancient weapons used by the CAST that used to live on the planet, those types of weapons (which you will find during the game) much more closely resemble the weapons used by Hunters in PSO, with Photon blades and bullets. Its likely that sometime after PS Zero they had found enough Photon weaponry to ditch their old school weapons and make everything using Photon technology, just as it is in PSO. :)

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 12:07 PM
Wait. So PS0 IS DOES take place after PSO? Or Before?

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah.

PS Zero: People using steel weapons, Photons very recently discovered, living on a planet named Coral.

PSO: People using Photon weapons, just left a planet named Coral.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 01:23 PM
PSZ is pre PSO. I would think because in PSO weapons that are not photon based are deemed primitive. What strikes me as a surprise is that those primitive weapons are generally stronger than photon based weapons. But eh, RPG logic.

landman
Oct 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah.

PS Zero: People using steel weapons, Photons very recently discovered, living on a planet named Coral.

PSO: People using Photon weapons, just left a planet named Coral.

No, you discover...

[spoiler-box]
the Earth WAS named Coral before the Great Blank.

So the timeline would be:

Coral (war)
Coral (colonization of Ragol, war)
PSO (Ragol, creation of Mother project)
Coral (war, destruction of most civilization)
The Great blank (newman exterminated, CAST deactivated, technology lost)
2 hundred years (humans rise again, CAST are activated, new newman breed in the lunar installations)
SPOILERS
[/spoiler-box]

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 02:39 PM
Ah.

Well anyway, its not related to the old school Phantasy Stars in any case, you'll have to wait for Phantasy Star V to see more of that story. :)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 02:43 PM
Yea IF they ever come out with Phantasy Star V.

Java378
Oct 28, 2009, 03:08 PM
I researched this after the Japanese version came out so none of this is news to me.

Also, Coral=Earth.

Seeing you just discover this makes me feel so superior. Like you are all new to the game and traded your mags in because you didn't know about photon blasts.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 03:15 PM
a bit offtopic, but i see someone chose the same avatar as me lol.

on topic, it does seem like classic PS, the PSO, and the PSU series are all different. its like 3 completly different game series all with the same title. sort of like if Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were titled the same thing.

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
a bit offtopic, but i see someone chose the same avatar as me lol.

on topic, it does seem like classic PS, the PSO, and the PSU series are all different. its like 3 completly different game series all with the same title. sort of like if Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were titled the same thing.

yeah that happens alot ive noticed i sure its gotta be difficult to have enough avatars to keep up with demand plus some are just kewl so many users will want the same one

back on topic thanks for sorting this out everyone i knew about it being on earth but then read this thread and was like huh but its all sorted now

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 05:06 PM
Just so everyone knows,

http://i33.tinypic.com/23jl2zt.jpg

This game is set THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO....

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 05:15 PM
Just so everyone knows,

http://i33.tinypic.com/23jl2zt.jpg

This game is set THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO....

like star wars a long time ago in a galaxy far away yet somehow in the future lol

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
Perfect image is perfect.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 28, 2009, 05:32 PM
Man forget thinking of a name for the force club, you already have one 'The off-topic brigade' seriously...

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 05:33 PM
well PSO 1 and 2 start off in space, and there is an allusion to earth not being habitable, i think zero is startin to go into how it happened a bit. i know it is a prequel to the events in PSO 1 and 2. as far as classic PS that is a different storyline as well as PSU.

Java378
Oct 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
Phantasy star 1-4 is thousands of years ago if your point of view is 5000 (unit of time in the future).

Though, looking at the fashion, it is sad that FOrce Newman fashion just got gayer as time went on. Yet, Soldiers looked more mature. And Rangers just turned into a commando squad instead of cowboys/girls?

Offtopic: I can make my won avatars, so if the admin would enable custom avatars, I could make my own.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yea, I still don't understand why they went that way with the HUmars in PSZ. It's Shotarrific in a bad sense. Ugh!

Java378
Oct 28, 2009, 06:23 PM
Yea, I still don't understand why they went that way with the HUmars in PSZ. It's Shotarrific in a bad sense. Ugh!

Yeah, they look more fit to be couriers(Humars) or in a Final Fantasy game(Humarls). Sadly, when I was 9 and got PS3 out of a discount cart at JcPenney, I actually thought it was a knockoff of Final Fantasy because of the name.

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 08:07 PM

to each there own but i have to ask is there a good sense or sort even of shota?

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
God dammit. I'm still confused.

11 hours of work + class = braindead.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 09:30 PM
God dammit. I'm still confused.

11 hours of work + class = braindead.

maybe you accidently brained yourself, better start turnin the safety on when your not shootin up the force club. lol.

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 09:33 PM
maybe you accidently brained yourself, better start turnin the safety on when your not shootin up the force club. lol.

Ha. I'm not some punk kid, or some dumbass gangbanger. I know how to handle my tools. I think your Forces better be careful. >:3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdYwt9R0mEY&feature=player_embedded

Kill all sons of bitches.

**pumps shotgun**

That's my official instructions.

God, L4D2 is going to be freaking amazing.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ha. I'm not some punk kid, or some dumbass gangbanger. I know how to handle my tools. I think your Forces better be careful. >:3

Do you know what its like to be a smoking crater? *charges up a lvl 15 Gizonde*

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 09:53 PM
No I don't. Because I shoot first, ask questions later.

Never had any complaints thus far. **toothy grin**

Edit/Disclaimer: Getting into character. I'm not a fucking gun nut.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
Never had any complaints thus far. **toothy grin**

Then allow me to be the first: You can be such a Judgemental Bastard sometimes.

there ya go, your first complaint lol.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
Do you know what its like to be a smoking crater? *charges up a lvl 15 Gizonde*

Too bad I have Resist/Thunder equipped to all 4 slots of my armor! Plus a Plasma Barrier.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:09 PM
Too bad I have Resist/Thunder equipped to all 4 slots of my armor! Plus a Plasma Barrier.

ok then, GIFOIE!

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
Then allow me to be the first: You can be such a Judgemental Bastard sometimes.

there ya go, your first complaint lol.

Don't worry. It won't be the last either. >:3

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 10:11 PM
well that means you will be all to easily defeated with barta

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:12 PM
well that means you will be all to easily defeated with barta

hmm i was gonna go a bit easy with foie, but ok! GIBARTA!

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 10:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/SigmaXcel/jeffrey_dean_morgan_as_the_comedian.jpg

In the time you all wasted bickering, you'd already be dead.

Welcome to the 1911 ACP.

Rangers > Forces.

Also, off topic. Still confused. So now Earth isn't called Earth?

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=Zero Revenge;2378964]

Rangers > Forces.

QUOTE]

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!! *Starts casting megid like a wild man*

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 10:25 PM
It's... it's too late man. No one fucks with Eddie Blake.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
It's... it's too late man. No one fucks with Eddie Blake.

no one except me that is...*unleashes flurries of elemental magic*

and lemme top that off.....

KAAA-MEEE-HAAA-MEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 10:30 PM
You just lost all credibility with a Dragonball Z reference. Enjoy the dirtnap.

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 10:34 PM
You just lost all credibility with a Dragonball Z reference. Enjoy the dirtnap.

sorry donnikun gotta side with zero on this one

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
sorry donnikun gotta side with zero on this one

ahh...you traitor...

fine, zero you win this round, you judgemental bastard! lol!

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 10:42 PM
Ouch. I'm hurt.

Now I guess I'll have to change my title. It's getting old already...

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:44 PM
dont feel bad, my own fellow clubby just pulled a heel turn on me. lol

*walks over to Goku and foies him to death*

stupid stupid me! thats the last time i refer to him!

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/SigmaXcel/jeffrey_dean_morgan_as_the_comedian.jpg

In the time you all wasted bickering, you'd already be dead.

Welcome to the 1911 ACP.

Rangers > Forces.

Also, off topic. Still confused. So now Earth isn't called Earth?

God. Dammit.

Not at your quote, not at you, at that fucking picture.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Watchmen, Zack Snyders Watchmen, cements his position as a piece of human shit. And every time I see so much as an image for that goddamn movie I will say and defend that exact same statement.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
God. Dammit.

Not at your quote, not at you, at that fucking picture.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Watchmen, Zack Snyders Watchmen, cements his position as a piece of human shit. And every time I see so much as an image for that goddamn movie I will say and defend that exact same statement.

i have not seen watchmen, from what your saying i should save myself 2 hours and just put it toward playing PSZ instead? You sound like that movie was an abomination of God, was it?

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:00 PM
Wait, you mean Eddie Blake? Or Zack Synder?

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:02 PM
i have not seen watchmen, from what your saying i should save myself 2 hours and just put it toward playing PSZ instead? You sound like that movie was an abomination of God, was it?

It is if you have any sort of respect for Alan Moore's Graphic Novel. I would say you should extend those 2 hours to maybe 4 or so and just read the Comic Book, its an amazing, well told story illustrated by the very great Dave Gibbons.

Or, y'know, jump on the bandwagon with all of the other hot-topic loving teenagers and become a fad-following whore of shitty re-makes. Whatever.

Donnikun
Oct 28, 2009, 11:04 PM
well that was fun, were all friends here, but man we took this topic to a whole new level of off topic, we should prolly get back to the subject.

anyway Phantasy Star Zero, prequel to the Online series. Perhaps maybe a Zero 2 will come out.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 11:10 PM
It is if you have any sort of respect for Alan Moore's Graphic Novel. I would say you should extend those 2 hours to maybe 4 or so and just read the Comic Book, its an amazing, well told story illustrated by the very great Dave Gibbons.

Or, y'know, jump on the bandwagon with all of the other hot-topic loving teenagers and become a fad-following whore of shitty re-makes. Whatever.

I side with Nie on this aspect. I actually went out after the movie and bought the comic. I have to say this

Comic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Movie.

Never in my life have I been so engrossed in a comic. I couldn't even look at amy Bleach manga anymore because I felt like I abandoned my favorite comics when I was a kid. Them being Slapstick, The Punisher, Iron Man, Robocop, and Spawn. To name a few. Also I've been getting into Dead Pool. He is all shades of awesome

kirtblue
Oct 28, 2009, 11:13 PM
yeah deadpool ftw

SirTopps
Oct 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
yeah you guys are talking about deadpool. yeah hes cool.

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:19 PM

Oh alright. Your trashing the movie. That's fine. I would have to argue against trashing Eddie Blake. I thought the Comedian was easily the best character.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
Anyone who's ever actually read 300 will say pretty much the same thing about it as well. Which is not to say the comic is amazing, but it is entertaining in a very visceral and visual way.

300 the movie is basically nothing more than Gerard Butler yelling his lines. For no goddamn reason.

If you want some other good comic books, try Hard Boiled, Blankets, Bone, Fables (one of my personal favorites even if I am way behind on it), Preacher (amazing takes on christian religion) and the ridiculous Scott Pilgrim series (which is also getting a movie, that might actually be okay).

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:24 PM
Oh alright. Your trashing the movie. That's fine. I would have to argue against trashing Eddie Blake. I thought the Comedian was easily the best character.

At least he, and to a lesser extent Rorshachs actor were acceptable.

Watching that worthless Malin Akerman play the silk specter was the equivalent of seeing someone squat over a copy of the book and just take one long, 3 hour crap on it. And it only got worse when her mother and her were in the same scenes together.

W-O-O-D-E-N A-C-T-I-N-G M-U-C-H-?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
I admit Rorshach's actor was the only good actor in the movie. They shoulda just named it Rorshach: The Movie. Now with 200% more dead dog tossing!

BTW, I've decided to name my CAST hunter Rorshach.

Mike
Oct 28, 2009, 11:28 PM
None of you can keep on topic very well. If keeping on target was bombing the Death Star, Vader would have killed you even after the guy in the Y-wing repeats "stay on topic."

just read the Comic Book, its an amazing, well told story illustrated by the very great Dave Gibbons.
The movie needed more pirates.

And now, getting back on topic, I think Landman has it right. It takes a few liberties with the backstory from PSO though since PSO doesn't mention anything about Mother Trinity blasting the planet from the moon with a big laser. As a single game, PS0 has less holes than PSO had but when you try to put PSO and PS0 together, you end of having to strech things to get real answers.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 11:32 PM
I hope PSZ has less holes than swiss cheese. In PSO there are times where I tried to make sense of things and only have my brain hurt. Also, will we be gettin different codes for those special weapons or will the JP codes work the same? Hmmm.....

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:34 PM
At least he, and to a lesser extent Rorshachs actor were acceptable.

Watching that worthless Malin Akerman play the silk specter was the equivalent of seeing someone squat over a copy of the book and just take one long, 3 hour crap on it. And it only got worse when her mother and her were in the same scenes together.

W-O-O-D-E-N A-C-T-I-N-G M-U-C-H-?

I was talking about the character as a whole, but yes Jeffery Dean Morgan was good as Eddie Blake.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:34 PM
The movie needed more pirates.

Not even the inclusion the great "Black Freighter" story-within-a-story element could have saved that blubbering pile of crap.

But yes, in an attempt to curb my vehement hatred of that abysmal "film" lets get this puppy on track again.

I didnt actually realize that the game apparently takes place after PSO, originally believing as so many others had it was before PSO due to the antiquated weaponry.

But hey, if george lucas can say that the reason the tech in the orginal 3 star wars films looks inferior to the tech in the new trilogy by blaming it on a "galactic recession" I geuss anything goes.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:37 PM
I hope PSZ has less holes than swiss cheese. In PSO there are times where I tried to make sense of things and only have my brain hurt. Also, will we be gettin different codes for those special weapons or will the JP codes work the same? Hmmm.....

I wish we knew about that too. I really wish that Ruby Eclipse would tell us something about it. it's practically a built in marketing gimmick, doesn't make much sense to just do away with it. Maybe they'll issue them via magazines like nintendo power? Who knows.

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:39 PM
Not even the inclusion the great "Black Freighter" story-within-a-story element could have saved that blubbering pile of crap.

But yes, in an attempt to curb my vehement hatred of that abysmal "film" lets get this puppy on track again.

I didnt actually realize that the game apparently takes place after PSO, originally believing as so many others had it was before PSO due to the antiquated weaponry.

But hey, if george lucas can say that the reason the tech in the orginal 3 star wars films looks inferior to the tech in the new trilogy by blaming it on a "galactic recession" I geuss anything goes.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

I thought everyone just said and confirmed it was a prequel to PSO. Neired, can you tell me how it is otherwise? I am hopelessly stupid.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:41 PM
No, you discover...

[spoiler-box]
the Earth WAS named Coral before the Great Blank.

So the timeline would be:

Coral (war)
Coral (colonization of Ragol, war)
PSO (Ragol, creation of Mother project)
Coral (war, destruction of most civilization)
The Great blank (newman exterminated, CAST deactivated, technology lost)
2 hundred years (humans rise again, CAST are activated, new newman breed in the lunar installations)
SPOILERS
[/spoiler-box]

Landman was so kind.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait.

I thought everyone just said and confirmed it was a prequel to PSO. Neired, can you tell me how it is otherwise? I am hopelessly stupid.

Ya know what? For the sake of my brain power I'm just gonna tell myself it has no relation to PSO. But honestly I think it takes place beforehand. Not the George Lucas way. God galactic recession? Really George? REALLY? Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuu-

Anyways the 10th couldn't get here fast enough.

Mike
Oct 28, 2009, 11:44 PM
it's practically a built in marketing gimmick, doesn't make much sense to just do away with it.
True, but then again, PSP1 lost a few things in the transition out of Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if the passwords were removed but they could put it to good use. It would only take a little time for some clever fiend to reverse engineer the passwords for some items like the Japanese version though.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:46 PM
True, but then again, PSP1 lost a few things in the transition out of Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if the passwords were removed but they could put it to good use. It would only take a little time for some clever fiend to reverse engineer the passwords for some items like the Japanese version though.

If they dont want to do the promo-codes then they could always make it so you instead have to trade in something for them, like photon drops or something. I would be really ashamed if they just took them out. That would be one time I would actually condone hacking, if only to reinstate the items that should be there.

Mike
Oct 28, 2009, 11:48 PM
No, you discover...

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]
Actually, they aren't really new newmen, the photon attack by Mother Trinity just wiped out all the newmen on Earth. The newmen on the moon were sparred and every new generation of newmen is educated by Mother Trinity to be loyal to her.

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:48 PM
Landman was so kind.

So... they left Earth, and then came back 200 years later?

Pretty freaking crazy.

Niered
Oct 28, 2009, 11:55 PM

I...think so...maybe Landman was wrong? Mike's information makes no sense to me since I havent played the game yet, so can we get an actually definitive answer? Like examples of why its set in the timeline where it is and everything? I'm....confuzzed.

Zero Revenge
Oct 28, 2009, 11:57 PM
While we're already on spoilers...

So... why'd Mother Trinity go berserk? Dark Falz? Lord I hope it's a better reason than that.

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 12:31 AM
Dark Falz makes everything go Berzerk, even casts. See Phantasy Star 3.

Seriously, shouldn't there be a wiki with a timeline.

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 12:35 AM
Wait. People actually played Episode 3?

Seriously? o__o"

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 12:40 AM
No, not the lame card game thing. I mean Phantasy star 3 where you played through generations on the sega genesis. I was 9 at the time.

kirtblue
Oct 29, 2009, 12:40 AM
i played most of it got board after 20 hours though

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 12:52 AM
i really need to play the old school games.
episode 3 wasnt too bad. only if they didnt have those dumb cards lol

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 12:56 AM
The card stuff ruined shyt.

I was like cards?

And I play magic the gathering, yu gi oh, whatever. But they messed it up.

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 12:58 AM
magic the gathering lol. well anyway it kinda had a cool story. i dont know. i could never beat it.

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 12:59 AM
ANYWAY.

Back on topic guys.

Or atleast let's veer away from card games.

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 01:01 AM
i thought we were talking about timelines. doesnt episode 3 fit in some where? or was it all a dream ?

Mike
Oct 29, 2009, 01:02 AM
Yup. If I remember right Mother Trinity has sensed that humans and casts are coming back out of the dark ages and sends a group of newmen to survey how things are going so far. This is why there are newmen PCs and NPCs on Earth. I'm not sure about the first part because it's been a while since I played the story. After the end of the story, relationships between the casts and humans on the earth and the newmen on the moon open up after the destruction of the oppressive Mother Trinity.

I...think so...maybe Landman was wrong? Mike's information makes no sense to me since I havent played the game yet, so can we get an actually definitive answer? Like examples of why its set in the timeline where it is and everything? I'm....confuzzed.
Trying to connect PS0 to PSO makes things sticky. The cause of the events of PS0 would have to happen during the environmental crisis on the home planet spoke of in PSO.

Another way you could think about it, and thus say PS0 is a prequel, is to say that after the defeat of Mother Trinity, Earthlings renamed the earth Coral, like it was in the records on the moon. But since Mother Trinity's attack on the planet caused so much damage, they had to leave and go to Ragol. This is more of a strech than the sequel explanation though.

So... why'd Mother Trinity go berserk? Dark Falz? Lord I hope it's a better reason than that.
People (humans, newmen, and casts) caused Mother Trinity to go crazy. Mother Trinity was originally designed to regulate the environment and make the planet a paradise for all who lived on it. However, the fact that no matter what she did, people were still destroying the environment broke her circuits. Not really though. It made her despair and that despair became a doorway for Dark Falz. The game never explains what Dark Falz really is, besides evil, though.

i thought we were talking about timelines. doesnt episode 3 fit in some where? or was it all a dream ?
If I understand right, PSO episode 3 came after the events of Blue Burst. Or at least explain some of what happens in BB. At least that's what I've read. I tried to play episode 3 but just couldn't like the gameplay.

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 01:04 AM
this is a lot deeper than i thought it was.

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 01:06 AM
Oh... Holy Crap. .___."

Thanks Mike. That clears things up.

Sheesh... we do always screw things up don't we? [Humanity as a whole].

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 01:08 AM
nope. im doing my part lol .

JCGamer
Oct 29, 2009, 04:26 AM
wow then that mean we get to see wut actually happen to the planet.well in that case of this topic,we the ps fans know how everything beside game play goes but u got to admint tho Phantasy star have been around for quit some time now is good to see what is the connection with PS0 and other epic.and most of the bosses and other came from the old games. how many time we faces the same old creatures or new creatures

landman
Oct 29, 2009, 11:07 AM
What's with all those tons of off-topic? -_- I can't even follow what's on-topic lol

Anyway, there IS a connection between classic saga and PSO (PSŲ) saga, and this connection is Earth. The problem is: When lol the classic saga has two connections with Earth, in very different times (including time travel and alternate timelines... this is even worse than the zelda dual timeline lol)

Amherst_Wind
Oct 29, 2009, 11:25 AM
Just because its Earth doesn't mean theres a connection, lots of games have Earths, does that mean they are all connected... ¬_¬

See now we just move into fan connection territory, where theres all kinds of theories but they are all just that, theories.

landman
Oct 29, 2009, 11:46 AM
Just because its Earth doesn't mean theres a connection, lots of games have Earths, does that mean they are all connected... ¬_¬

See now we just move into fan connection territory, where theres all kinds of theories but they are all just that, theories.

If we are talking about the same franchise*... why not? I didn't say the same civilization contacted Algol and Ragol, the civilization that migrated to Ragol is a different one that the one that raises again in PSŲ, and that cycle could be repeated many times.

*a franchise that includes dimensional rifts, time travel and time paradoxes included, together with parallel dimensions and planets working as seals of said dimensions.

Re-reading the post...

It takes a few liberties with the backstory from PSO though since PSO doesn't mention anything about SPOILER

I didn't say how it happened, and I actually don't know :P

We know Coral was in war, the war destroyed most of the environment, and some wealthy countries financed the Pioneer Project to "migrate", or so they said, what they wanted from Ragol was apparently the D-cells (but I don't know all the details actually lol)

In Episode 3, 20 years after Episode 1, Coral and Ragol are still in contact, the situation on Coral is provably still the same, Ragol faced many crisis and at the moment they are facing a war between the pro-ragolians (arkz, they want to live in Ragol) and the pro-colony (hunters, in contact with Coral's government)

What happens later, we don't know :P who knows when, Coral war goes to it's peak, then the great blank occurs. I just mentioned Mother Project because it was the whole intention of the Pioneer Project, and Mother Trinity on Coral is provably the same project, D-Cells, Mother Project, Mother Trinity, Dark Falz...

Another thing we don't know is what happens on Ragol ^^ they provably lost contact with Coral when the Great Blank took place, and continued with their lives...

Amherst_Wind
Oct 29, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah it could be connected, but I always think its best, when concerning game timelines and connections, to look at it this way: if the creators haven't said its connected, its not. Otherwise it just gets confusing.

landman
Oct 29, 2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, of course, but I don't think Sonic Team should interfere in the classic series, unless they do it hand to hand with the original developers (Kodama, Yoshida, Tsugawa, Nishiyama...).

Another of those connections is of course humanity :P I can't believe the Great Light put hem all in random planets lol

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 12:49 PM
Dark Falz is recurring evil that comes every 1,000 years.

landman
Oct 29, 2009, 01:16 PM
It was like this in Algol, because it was the weakest moment of the Algol seal.

JCGamer
Oct 29, 2009, 02:11 PM
indeed ^^ cool I'm gonna jump on my back to the future car and just to play more Phantasy star GOODIES and jump back into the past ZOOM ZOOM BOOM lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdigynYilc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzdigynYilc

Mike
Oct 29, 2009, 07:31 PM
In Episode 3, 20 years after Episode 1, Coral and Ragol are still in contact
This I did not know. It is then possible, if simply by fan connection :p, that D-cells were sent back to Coral and used to create Mother Trinity tainting her from the very begining. That's probably a stretch though :D

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
This I did not know. It is then possible, if simply by fan connection :p, that D-cells were sent back to Coral and used to create Mother Trinity tainting her from the very begining. That's probably a stretch though :D

Now that would be a freaking awesome twist!