PDA

View Full Version : I received the Toys R Us big book

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
And I didn't see PSZero listed anywhere.

I keep saying these marketing guys don't know what they are doing. Usually when a game will be out, they just put "coming soon" or "coming Nov. 12th" by the title, but it wasn't in there at all.

Niered
Oct 29, 2009, 04:31 PM
And I didn't see PSZero listed anywhere.

I keep saying these marketing guys don't know what they are doing. Usually when a game will be out, they just put "coming soon" or "coming Nov. 12th" by the title, but it wasn't in there at all.

Although I do agree, Sega really does need to push its lesser known titles a bit more (They certainly have the cash-flow to advertise games like PSZ) There still remains one simple fact.

Being a handheld game, the production costs for PSZ are very low in comparison to console games. As such, Sega really doesn't need to sell that many copies to make a profit. Now as to why they wouldn't want to make MORE money on a game, that lets face it, has some tremendous potential to hook people, I have no clue. This game probably has some of the best WiFi connectivity of any DS game, thats what Famitsu said at least, and I mean, with the system in place that lets you just invite players into your party at any time while you solo is just perfect. Sure, we dont have visual lobbies like PSO, but seriously thats not gonna happen on the DS.

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 04:51 PM
I meant Toys R' Us marketing guys.

I also saw them trying to sell "Halo wars" action figures.

SirTopps
Oct 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
eh . toys r us cant do anything right any more. they got spanked by walmart and video games were never their strong suit. even tho its in the name.

coryjosephfritts
Oct 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
phantasy star isnt going to have as much hype and recognition as say halo wars...when they look to making an add theyre going to put halo over phantasy star weather its halo bubble gum or a phantasy star game its just what we get to deal with being phans

Zero Revenge
Oct 29, 2009, 06:58 PM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/ZeroRevenge/wat.jpg

Punctuation and Grammar. Please.

Java378
Oct 29, 2009, 07:04 PM
On the main page, I just saw the announcement of a DSiLL. A DSi with a bigger screen. I don't think it's worth it to buy a DSi anymore.

Mike
Oct 29, 2009, 07:25 PM
Although I do agree, Sega really does need to push its lesser known titles a bit more (They certainly have the cash-flow to advertise games like PSZ) There still remains one simple fact.
Sega's probably relying on word-of-mouth and previous PSO players for advertising. They went all out in Japan, hiring a popular actor, comedians, and a model to do promo work. SoA and SoJ, huh.

with the system in place that lets you just invite players into your party at any time while you solo is just perfect.
This doesn't exist. You can solo while you wait for people to come online but not invite them in to your party. You'll get a little popup that disappears a little too fast sometimes when you're online in any mode but inviting someone in to a previously active party doesn't work. Unless they changed that for the US version.

Niered
Oct 29, 2009, 08:18 PM
This doesn't exist. You can solo while you wait for people to come online but not invite them in to your party. You'll get a little popup that disappears a little too fast sometimes when you're online in any mode but inviting someone in to a previously active party doesn't work. Unless they changed that for the US version.

Thats what i meant sorry.