PDA

View Full Version : Newman Fighgunner vs fighmaster

ShinMaruku
Nov 1, 2009, 04:07 PM
Seening that newmans have a nicr accuracy bonnus I was wondering if that would put them better towards fighguuner than the fightmaster.

Ellea
Nov 1, 2009, 06:12 PM
Ewwww. >: (
I jest, although I would go with FM if you want raw damage. >.>;

VetroDrago
Nov 2, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hmm, interesting making a newman do one of the figh classes. I've noticed that out of all the classes/types my main plays, which is everything except GT, FT, MF, and GM, I rarely miss as fighgunner. I don't miss that much with fighmaster either, but really it's whichever type you think is more fun. Do you debate over having the fighgunner's variety or the fighmaster's speed? Just curious.

ShinMaruku
Nov 2, 2009, 08:55 PM
What are the weapons the fighmaster has?

DreXxiN
Nov 2, 2009, 09:28 PM
S rank Axes, Swords, Spears, and Double sabers.

Man, you were in the Portable thread asking how to min-max, yet you're picking a Newman for a fighter here. =P

Chuck_Norris
Nov 2, 2009, 09:57 PM

Man, you were in the Portable thread asking how to min-max, yet you're picking a Newman for a fighter here. =P

Also note you can only use S rank. No A or lower weapons or armor.

ShinMaruku
Nov 2, 2009, 11:03 PM

I already have a Beast so :P
The whole speed boost and using axes just sold me... :E

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 3, 2009, 01:52 AM
Fair word of warning: as a newman, you will be outputting insane damage, because our stats are still ridiculously high compared to monster stats and levels. It's pretty easy to kill everything. I've hit over 10K with Redda on my female newman before and it wasn't even level 50. I'm not a big fan of FM, however, so I just primarily stick to Gunmaster on her. A fun, rewarding challenge, requiring heavy PA leveling to get 41+s and better weapons.

ShinMaruku
Nov 3, 2009, 02:15 AM
That makes my choice all the easier.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 3, 2009, 03:05 AM
Of course, that's just because everyone at a decent level is a god in this game compared to the monsters.

Neith
Nov 3, 2009, 03:56 PM
Newman (Female too!) Fighmaster does fine. I've hit 7-8k with Gravity Break, easily hit over 6k with Jabroga. Obviously other races are much better for fighter jobs, but honestly Newman FM is decent. HP is around the 3.4k mark at 160, if I remember correctly.

As for Fighgunner, I can't really comment on it since I hate the class :lol:

ShinMaruku
Nov 6, 2009, 05:45 PM
The axe and swordie make me sold.
It should be fun.

Sneeper7904
Nov 6, 2009, 05:53 PM
newmans are for spells let the beast and humans use their axes

ShinMaruku
Nov 6, 2009, 09:49 PM
Not my fault psychic attacks blow in PSU currently.
(It's not magic techniques are psychic attacks :P)

Andy*
Dec 23, 2009, 11:05 PM
newmans are for spells let the beast and humans use their axes

Hmm, I think any race can be any class they want, I've run with some newman FM before and there not too bad, just there pointy ears that throw me off a little.:D:D