PDA

View Full Version : Xbl servers down ?

Noc Codez
Nov 2, 2009, 07:44 AM
Been trying to get on for the past 30mins can't seem to log in or even get on the psu forums. it just hangs there on the Sign in screen.. anyone knows if there is something with the server ?

Ryna
Nov 2, 2009, 07:57 AM
I'm not having any problems accessing the official Sega forums. There are no reports of "dead servers" there yet.

fay
Nov 2, 2009, 08:01 AM
The XBL servers aren't down either. I've been playing on XBL all morning.

As a side note I just feel I should say that I am going to sign back to up play PSU again in about 30 minutes. I've been gone since like May as well :O.
I'm excited :D

Noc Codez
Nov 2, 2009, 08:22 AM
Well this is just a joke at this point, This is exactly why they need a customer support phone number.. I re-set my Router and called my ISP problem is on SEGA side. I can play every other game on XBL but PSU it says failed to Connect to Psu Server.. This is very Frustrating Now i know how ps2/pc side feels when they can't log in and I can't even get on the psu forums or sega forums to send in a Support ticket as always Customers are on there own.

fay
Nov 2, 2009, 08:26 AM
I fell for you man.
If you're certain it's on SEGAs side then this won't help but its better than nothing. On the XBOX dashboard use the connection test thing. I can't remember where it is exactly. If it is your connection at some point then ti will tell you. If nothing comes up then you can ticket that info to SEGA

Noc Codez
Nov 2, 2009, 08:55 AM
That's the thing i can't even Connect to there Forums. I get failed to load page. so i can't send a ticket this has happened to my friend Nightwolf too and he couldn't get on for a week or two. Asked him how he got back on and he said he didn't know just let me back on one day.. so that didn't help LOL also i used the Connection test on my Xbox and Everything is up and running so yea sega side :(

How do I send in a ticket to help.sega.com if I can't even load the site? Is there an alternate way of sending in a ticket?

HyperShot-X-
Nov 2, 2009, 05:53 PM
It's that ISP conflict again, it's not your connection fault or that of Sega's, it's somewhere inbetween how your connection is routed to Sega's server. Sorry, but you'll have to find a way to access internet to send in a ticket(at work, at friend's, public library, internet cafe, etc.). Be sure to include your acct. and ISP info, also mention you cannot access Sega websites.

pinkace
Nov 2, 2009, 08:41 PM
That's the thing i can't even Connect to there Forums. I get failed to load page.

It is not on Sega's side. If like your friend you also are able to connect after a while, this means that Sega's IP is being blocked by YOUR provider. Find out what Sega's IP address is; your provider can help with that too, they can see what IP your network goes to when you open sega.com from your desktop.

So, let's say the IP is 138.18.12.155. Ask them to unlock all IPs on the 138.18.xxx.xxx range.

That should free up the PSU server IP as well.

Tru Reaper
Nov 3, 2009, 02:41 AM
1. From the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade.
2. Select Network Settings
3. Select Edit Settings
4. Select DNS Settings
5. Select Manual Settings
6. Input 4.2.2.1 for the primary DNS number and 4.2.2.2 as the secondary DNS number.
7. Test the connection to see if your connection still works.
8. Play the game and see if it will log you in.

From SEGA forums.

Squirrel3D
Nov 3, 2009, 11:32 AM
Or, just unplug your router for 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and see if it works. I get that problem too and it works for me.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
Do you live in New York City? I had this problem the last week I lived in Manhattan until I moved to Brooklyn... it is Time Warner's fault.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
I keep getting Error 51. Servers may undergoing maintenance. But I know it ain't my damn side as my Uncharted 2 Multiplayer works just fine.

Noc Codez
Nov 3, 2009, 05:23 PM
Do you live in New York City? I had this problem the last week I lived in Manhattan until I moved to Brooklyn... it is Time Warner's fault.

yes i do live in NYC,I live in queens and have timewarner/roadrunner but i know a couple of players who have Roadrunner and there still on :(

tadtwisted
Nov 3, 2009, 05:38 PM
nice, now i cant connect to servers, im in los angeles and my xbox live works fine and so does my computer

Emery25
Nov 3, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yea it works fine on road runner since i never had that problem before

xBULLYDOGG
Nov 3, 2009, 06:09 PM
just heard if you log out, you aint gonna be loggin back in with ease. Just a warning

Remember, I only heard this passin on news

EDIT - Just logged out, and WAS able to log back in. Have no idea if the problem is only happening for certain peeps.

EDIT2 - Got a lot of words sayin that the problem has been fixed, if so happy gaming!

HyperShot-X-
Nov 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
360 login server was briefly down earlier for like 20 mins but it's back to normal now. I think they're still trying to trouble shoot this ISP conflict issue and gathering data from those having issues on the official forum:

Hey everyone,

We're still trying to figure out exactly where the problem is for those users who are having trouble connecting to SEGA sites as well as PSU.

If you or someone you know is having trouble connecting please post as much of the following as possible:

-Your ISP
-Your region (as specific as possible, we don't need your address but state/area of country would help)
-Everything you're having trouble connecting to

I've already gathered some of the information posted on the boards here but it's a bit scattered so I'd like to consolidate. Please post in this thread ONLY if you're having trouble connecting and can answer this questions. Thank you!

pinkace
Nov 3, 2009, 08:43 PM
But this wasn't a 360 issue, he couldn't access the Sega website from his PC either. That's a domain being blocked. That DNS trick tru reaper mentioned would only work if you went into the router settings (192.168.1.1) and changed it there. and then some OTHER services might stop.

Squirrel3D
Nov 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
Or, just unplug your router for 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and see if it works. I get that problem too and it works for me.

Do I have to repeat this over and over again? The way this thread went after I posted it, it's like everyone just ignored me.

Noc Codez
Nov 3, 2009, 11:51 PM
Do I have to repeat this over and over again? The way this thread went after I posted it, it's like everyone just ignored me.

Sigh.. Squirrel i have done everything in the book to try fix this issue this is not a isp issue this is a Sega issue.I dunno what it is but they are blocking something on there end. Went to a friends house and try to log in to my psu account and nothing so I know it's not a ISP Problem it has something to do connected with either my GT being blocked by Sega or my xbox but it is something on there end that they need to figure out before they Lose more customers a lot of people i have been talking to on XBL are pretty pissed off at Sega and some of them are going to cancel there account by Friday if the issue is not fixed.. :( I for one am not i still have hope in Sega and i hope they fix this issue soon