PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher question

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
im currently leveling a newman force and the only real thing i can think to go with my play style would be wartecher though i keep hearing mixed things about their end game play

i really enjoy being able to do damage with twin daggers or twin swords but i want to be able to heal and use some techs

though from what im reading(from stats and such) i wont be doing much damage and my techs will be the majority of my play which im fine with but i wont be using rods so im gonna have to run wands and not do much damage?

im just really confused and could use help understanding =] peas and tank you

Allison_W
Nov 2, 2009, 01:07 PM
Wartechers really are kind of the whipping child at the moment. I'm told this will improve in the Supplemental Update, but I have no idea how much.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 01:16 PM
do you know any class i might be able to work with? newmans really have to be forces or atleast somekind of techer from what ive seen i mean they dont do very good damage and theres no point in having them as a fighter yourjust wasting all that mst

Allison_W
Nov 2, 2009, 01:22 PM
I've seen Newman fighters.

Of course, you could just go ahead and do Wartecher anyway; it's not like the game is super-hard. There's also Guntecher, Fortetecher, Acrotecher, and Masterforce among the teching classes, and Acrofighters have decent MST and can apply newman TP towards RCSM damage.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 01:29 PM
hmmm i could but i enjoy daggers and sabers

Allison_W
Nov 2, 2009, 01:33 PM
Well, Wartechers get S-rank twin and single daggers and A-rank single and twin sabers... Acrotechers get S-rank single daggers and sabers and A-rank twin daggers (but I wouldn't really advise twin daggers on an AT), and Acrofighters get S-rank single daggers and sabers and A-rank twin sabers and daggers.

fireant
Nov 2, 2009, 01:35 PM
If you like daggers and saber try acrotecher and acrofighter they get S ranks in both and a speed boast.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 01:54 PM
i like twin daggers and single sabers sorry

i think im just gonna keep with it i really enjoy how my character looks and i plan on getting the following for my war techer

hope you enjoy my palette idea

ulteri= for ranged attacks
daggers of serifi = favorite weapon in the game
shato and some a rank claw dont really know = saftey choice for when im playing alone
Granahodora and a shato for resta

ha i know im a dreamer with all the rarz but its my ideal setup

NDW
Nov 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
Wartechers really are kind of the whipping child at the moment. I'm told this will improve in the Supplemental Update, but I have no idea how much.

New LV20 stat modifiers:
HP - 150%
ATP - 160%
ATA - 130%
TP - 150%
DFP - 150%
EVP - 200%
MST - 180%
STA - 100%

Current LV20 stat modifiers:
HP - 150%
ATP - 132%
ATA - 110%
TP - 132%
DFP - 146%
EVP - 180%
MST - 150%
STA - 100%

Source: http://teitan.inchoativum.net/aoi_level20_stats.html

garjian
Nov 2, 2009, 03:03 PM
the only thing ive found useful about wartechers is theyre the only class that can really take advantage of tech-skipping...

by casting a spell with Y, you skip the first part of your photon art... still costs pp...

however, they cant really put this to much use anymore... because you cannot JA with it...
and back then, Hize/PP didnt exist, so the PP cost was waaaaaaaay high...

soo... theres no reason youd want to play WT :\ unless you REALLY want to use whips...

Allison_W
Nov 2, 2009, 03:04 PM
With melee already being more powerful than techs as it is, I'm forced to wonder why it is that WTs end up getting higher ATP than TP after the Supplemental Update. Still, those are some nice new mods. Also, thanks for posting the details, Nate.

sikotic_demon
Nov 2, 2009, 03:22 PM
I have 2 Wartechers and both have turned out better than expected. One is male beast and the other is femanle human. Both of them can pull their own weight in the fights. Dont let the low stas discourage you from playing. Good percentage striking wepons and leveld bow bullets are key to good numbers in that class.

Allison_W
Nov 2, 2009, 03:24 PM
Don't forget your cards. And Megid for incap on bots and Foie for setting big things that take too long to die on fire.

Also, if you're a beast WT, learn to love Gudda Hons.

Delete
Nov 2, 2009, 03:38 PM
Wartecher was my favorite class at one time actually. I say go for it. Like stated already, it's not like this game is hard, so play whatever class you enjoy.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 05:19 PM
i really just want to be able to use the weapons they have but their stats arent anything spectacular haha i wish i could just have more atp and good support techs i just want to be able to healz while i kill stuff with daggers and claws and such like i could in pso

stinkyfish97
Nov 2, 2009, 05:21 PM
I say go for it this game needs more techers as it is. WT is a great class, if this game is all about numbers and damage or dps than dont play any class other than GM/FM. If that is what this game is about to you go play one of those class's, most people do. Its pretty repetitive seeing the same pallets and same weapons over and over and over again. All I can say is dont let anyone tell you one class is better than another because sure some class's might do more damage but eventually this game gets boring. Expand some. WT for your first character is probably a great choice. You may eventually get tired of it and since WT uses both tech and melee, mostly, the transition to techer or fighter wont be completely a shock and you will have some stuff lvld for the other class's as well.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 05:32 PM
well when i first started playing i rasied a hunter....before they had fighgunner and such and then i went to fighgunner so i could do twin handguns and use twin sabers but i got to like 40 and then i went to play pc and other games and i got busy with school and just recently decided i missed this game too much to let it die with the new portable fad sega is going through

VetroDrago
Nov 2, 2009, 05:38 PM
Wartecher was my favorite class/type back in the day. I'm going to make a new character later that does wartecher along with fighgunner and acrotecher. My two main characters have experience in wartecher, the oldest character originally played just WT, but is now masterforce. So play wartecher and don't care about numbers, just have fun. The character I'm taking out for my new one is WT too lol.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 05:42 PM
thanks ha i plan on having fun with it while i can i really enjoy my character haha you know proportions and jsut the right stuff on them makes all the difference in playing

oh and you guys are all really cool im glad you commented on my thread i kinda hope to get into phantasy star alot more and i would be happy to quest with you guys anytime please add and message me youre all good company

gt- cfreshislegit

VetroDrago
Nov 2, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm on pc/ps2 hehe. I would be glad to quest if I was on 360.

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 05:48 PM
aw lame ha i canceled pc cause not enough people play at the times i do

VetroDrago
Nov 2, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I manage on the ghost town XD. Still want me to add you on here?

coryjosephfritts
Nov 2, 2009, 05:55 PM
awww i left pc because not enough people were playing the times i was playing and alot of them are all super high level and never wanta do anything fun