PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi settings question.

Eluvion
Nov 3, 2009, 08:15 AM
Okay here is the story. In Short, I'm poor and planning on borrowing my girlfriends DSi from the day that PSZ is released until I can find the cash for my own. The part that worries me is this: A couple of days ago she was working on a history paper, and I was using her DSi to play FFCC. I had to configure some oneline settings i don't entirely recall and at the end it said " Please only use this DS to play this game online" or something like that. SO. If i use her DS for a while with my own copy of PSZ will I not be able to play it online when I get my own console?

Arikado
Nov 3, 2009, 08:19 AM
My guess is that you'll have to reconfigure your settings with your DS, you won't lose anything though i'm pretty sure.

Bro-tip: Don't get a DSi, either wait for DSiLL or get a used DS Lite from GameStop or something.

Pietepiet
Nov 3, 2009, 10:29 AM
Your Nintendo DS and online cartridges are linked to eachother. If you play Phantasy Star Zero on someone else's DS, then put it in your own DS and decide to go online, the game will ask to reset the data and give you a new friends code. You won't lose any character progression (since that is not linked to your friends code), but you will have to give out your code to your friends again.

You can also choose to transfer Wifi settings from your girlfriend's DS to your own if you want, by going into the Wifi menu. There should be a transfer option there. This transfers all wifi settings from that DS to a receiving DS (the receiving DS should go to Download Play for the transfer to take place). This will link the receiving DS to all wifi codes made on the transferring DS, which in turn will lose all this data.

SO, if your girlfriend plays wifi games on her DS as well, you shouldn't transfer the data or start an online game on her DS. It's a hassle.

Hope this helped :) I had to do this two times for my own games (went from regular DS to DS Lite to DSi).

Also: get a DSiLL if you plan to only play this game at home. If you're planning to play it on the go, get a regular DSi. The DSiLL's bigger size won't make for a particularly great portable system...

Arikado
Nov 3, 2009, 10:34 AM
Your Nintendo DS and online cartridges are linked to eachother. If you play Phantasy Star Zero on someone else's DS, then put it in your own DS and decide to go online, the game will ask to reset the data and give you a new friends code. You won't lose any character progression (since that is not linked to your friends code), but you will have to give out your code to your friends again.

You can also choose to transfer Wifi settings from your girlfriend's DS to your own if you want, by going into the Wifi menu. There should be a transfer option there. This transfers all wifi settings from that DS to a receiving DS (the receiving DS should go to Download Play for the transfer to take place). This will link the receiving DS to all wifi codes made on the transferring DS, which in turn will lose all this data.

SO, if your girlfriend plays wifi games on her DS as well, you shouldn't transfer the data or start an online game on her DS. It's a hassle.

Hope this helped :) I had to do this two times for my own games (went from regular DS to DS Lite to DSi).

Also: get a DSiLL if you plan to only play this game at home. If you're planning to play it on the go, get a regular DSi. The DSiLL's bigger size won't make for a particularly great portable system...Thanks for clearing things up man.

Zero Revenge
Nov 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
That sounds like alot of work.

Now i'm worried if I should get a new DS just to be safe. My DS Lite has been starting to falter ever since last year's Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

Eluvion
Nov 3, 2009, 04:40 PM
Cool, thanks for all the info everybody!