PDA

View Full Version : what's the use for mag trading?

grinner
Mar 3, 2001, 11:12 AM
Okay.. so I'm a type A Skyly hunter. Being this means I can only make certain mags, while Forces and Rangers can make others.
So I should go out and trade right?
So I asked a Forcer to level a mag up to ten and give it to me... will this help?

Will the mag develop as if it was still in a Forces care and follow that tree of growth? Or because its now owned by a Hunter will it grow as if it never was owned by a Force?

thank you

bonz
Mar 3, 2001, 05:08 PM
No, once you gain control over the MAG and start feeding it, it will begin to evolve as it was yours, and not the forces. Hope this clears anything up.

DirtySanchez
Mar 3, 2001, 10:16 PM
So far as I can tell there's really only one point in doing it like this: To get a MAG evolution that you couldn't get based on your section ID or character type.

For instance, hand your MAG over to a whitill force right before it hits 50 to get a form you wouldn't otherwise be able to get, then trade back.

It really doesn't look hard to get any photon blast you want by paying attention to what mags learn what photon.

grinner
Mar 4, 2001, 05:18 AM
I'm stil having a hard time understanding what's the advantage to trading.

So it evolves differently if you trade it...
but will it stay evolved??

Last night I had a Force get me an Andhaka. I was really happy because it took me forever to get def to 45 and power that high.
So now I have this rare mag, what a beutiful thing...

but as soon as I fed it a sol atomizer it _IMMEDIATELY_ reverts back to its old Bhirava form, all this for nothing.

IS there a point to trading? It'll evolve..but it won't stay evolved.
Is it worth it to trade mags at all?