PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Are you planning on importing this?

ZeroKamikaze
Nov 3, 2009, 09:42 PM
Based on what we have seen from the demo, who here is actually planning on importing the game come this December? I for one can say I will definitely (Insert friends saying to wait till the English release). Yea yea I'll just get both. So who else is on board?

D-Gold
Nov 3, 2009, 09:46 PM
I would if I could change my save file from the jpn version to the english version when it comes out.

kirtblue
Nov 4, 2009, 02:50 AM
i would rather wait i dont like the fact that you can only transfer your characters appearance i need some time to get over that and i dont like that i cant read it

DarK-SuN
Nov 4, 2009, 02:59 AM
Yep, totally importing, and D-Gold, you can do that, but you need a modded PSP to do so.

D-Gold
Nov 4, 2009, 03:01 AM
Is it possible to give someone my save file that has a modded psp so they can convert it?

BioWarrior
Nov 4, 2009, 03:36 AM
Im thinkin about it. I just don't wanna import and find out online multimode blocks non-Japanese IPs which I doubt will happen.

On a side note semi related to makin a PSN ID for multimode, I already have my gmail linked to my na psn ID, if I make another gmail account anyone know if that'll annoy gmail and make em try and delete my older gmail? Lol kinda paranoid with stuff like that.

Phaesphora
Nov 4, 2009, 06:52 AM
Yep, mine's been in the pre-order queue for some time now.

r00tabaga
Nov 4, 2009, 07:55 AM
Yes, I got a Go just for this game and can't wait for the NA release.

Kinako78
Nov 4, 2009, 08:00 AM
No, for the same reason kirtblue said about not being able to read it. I like to enjoy the story in my rpgs. Besides, I'll have PSU, PSZ, and, come January, Lunar Silver Star Harmony to keep me busy.

unicorn
Nov 4, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'll think about it. I really want to, given ST's history is catering mostly to its JP games. But I also want to be able to read the story with ease.

Ash1ey
Nov 4, 2009, 08:44 AM
I am, I pre-ordered it from playasia last month, but I can't have it until Christmas :P

Amherst_Wind
Nov 4, 2009, 09:08 AM
On a side note semi related to makin a PSN ID for multimode, I already have my gmail linked to my na psn ID, if I make another gmail account anyone know if that'll annoy gmail and make em try and delete my older gmail? Lol kinda paranoid with stuff like that.

I have 4 gmail accounts. :)
3 of them linked to 3 seperate region PSN accounts, they're all still there so I doubt Google mind.

And yes I'm importing the PSN digital version, got 5000 yen in my account right now!

landman
Nov 4, 2009, 10:46 AM
I have 4 gmail accounts. :)
3 of them linked to 3 seperate region PSN accounts, they're all still there so I doubt Google mind.

And yes I'm importing the PSN digital version, got 5000 yen in my account right now!
Did you know... gmail accounts work the same with added dots in the name?

So for example: [email protected]

You could have [email protected] registered to a region PSN account, and [email protected] registered to another region one,[email protected], [email protected], etc.... and all mails will be delivered to the same account :)

ZeroKamikaze
Nov 11, 2009, 12:45 AM
shameless bump for the sake of bumping

GeoSword
Nov 11, 2009, 02:48 AM
I am importing a physical copy of PSP2. I like images and a manual.

RemiusTA
Nov 11, 2009, 02:52 AM
I really dont know. This would be the first game of its size i'd waste time playing in a separate language just for the sake of not being able to wait.

Fhin
Nov 11, 2009, 07:50 AM
Will not import it...not that I don't want the game but I think I can wait until it will be released in the EU...and I hope it will be released here. ^^;

H-Hanzo
Nov 11, 2009, 09:22 AM
Will not import it...not that I don't want the game but I think I can wait until it will be released in the EU...and I hope it will be released here. ^^;

same as you I wish that released....still no news about that??

Litdaze
Nov 11, 2009, 06:35 PM
I prefer to wait for a english game to come in europe xD
i can play the jap with not problem but its easier to understand if it is in english

ツカガミ
Nov 15, 2009, 10:53 PM
Already pre-ordered at Sofmap ^^ (5040¥)
Just to get this sweet Emilia telephone card.
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/information/reservation/image/ph_softmap.jpg

Now, all I have to do is wait for shipping date.

czherzo
Nov 16, 2009, 12:36 PM
I've already pre-ordered it from play-asia. Its the first game in about 7 years I just couldn't wait for. While I can only read a set number of Japanese characters for me its completely worth it to muscle through it and teach myself as I go along. I am as well worried about them blocking non Japanese IPs but I figure that there is a better chance that they WON'T do it then will, and i'm willing to take that chance. What really pushed me for the import (and this might sound silly) was the fact that the JP version sees a lot of fanservice we probably won't get if it makes it to english. I have this impending fear the gap between content might end up like that of the PSU of PC/Ps2. (ok well maybe not as bad but you get the idea)

What I want to know is are they going to separate the servers once/if it does come out in english? If so that would mean I can't play with my friends when the english version does come out and that would make me sad =( yet another risk im willing to take.

Immovable One
Nov 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
Importing it.

For one, I can read and understand most Japanese, and I will only get better at it especially when the game forces me to read Japanese.

Another reason is that, let's say there's a 6 month to 1 year gap between the Japanese and Western release - by that time, I already have moved on to other games or even other hobbies, especially since I should already be working at a significantly higher salary range by that time.

Oh and I'm pretty much the only guy in the neighborhood who actually knows about the Phantasy Star franchise.
Even a friend of mine who's a big Sonic fan has never heard of it and quickly assumes it's some gayass game judging from the title.

BioWarrior
Nov 16, 2009, 04:33 PM
I'll be importing it. If they separate the servers like on psu it's a no brainer which version will be easier to find people to play with on. Plus they'll probable screw NA version out of dlc again. Plus it's always fun to play with Japanese players they are full of awesome and win sometimes. I actually met some on GC version pso that I still occasionally talk to and they got me readin katakana and hiragana quite fast.

Sorans
Nov 16, 2009, 04:59 PM
I'll be importing it too x3 ! I didn't spend 35+ hours on my characters for nothing =D ! Happy to see that lot of people are planning on getting this, it means more people to play with ^^

Phinal
Nov 16, 2009, 05:15 PM
i already pre ordered, can't wait

beefed up my characters with alot of new weapons, and got many lvl B weapons for most items now ^_^ can't wait

unicorn
Nov 18, 2009, 10:50 PM
I'll just preorder it. I dont have any faith in regional PS games anymore. PSO and PSU left a huuuge scar on me. I dunno about PSZ (I have it in english), but if we miss anything in PSZ it probably won't piss me off as much as it would in a game like PSP:2

BioWarrior
Nov 18, 2009, 11:22 PM
PSZ had the opening FMV music butchered and two joke items reskinned. I'm amazed they didn't change more. But with all the collab in psp2 I'm expectin massive butcher

ツカガミ
Nov 19, 2009, 12:57 AM
^
^
That's what I'm expected when it comes to SoA.
Even I don't play PSZ in English yet. But I know that SoA will change the opening music somehow.

Rei-San
Nov 19, 2009, 01:08 AM
The only thing that will make me import is if they take out anything in the localized versions. I know they did something to the collab Items in PSZ. It depends on how bad the altering is. if its bad then I'm importing.

Volcompat321
Nov 19, 2009, 08:56 AM
Yep, totally importing, and D-Gold, you can do that, but you need a modded PSP to do so.

It doesn't always work, but yea, you need a CFW PSP.
When the Us/Eu one comes out, I'll be happy to transfer it for anyone that has trouble with it.

Akaimizu
Nov 19, 2009, 10:40 AM
I've been on pre-order status for this game, for a while. So my answer is yes.

SubstanceD
Nov 23, 2009, 03:29 PM
It's very tempting to import a Japanese copy of PSP2 because that means I get to play PSP2 this year as apposed to waiting untill 3rd Quarter 2010 for a US/EU version. Having said that I have spent enough to time to with the demo to know that I will enjoy the game more when I know what the NPC's and menus are saying and more importantly the names of the weapons and items in my inventory. I think I will wait untill an International version becomes available.

r00tabaga
Nov 23, 2009, 04:59 PM
It's very tempting to import a Japanese copy of PSP2 because that means I get to play PSP2 this year as apposed to waiting untill 3rd Quarter 2010 for a US/EU version. Having said that I have spent enough to time to with the demo to know that I will enjoy the game more when I know what the NPC's and menus are saying and more importantly the names of the weapons and items in my inventory. I think I will wait untill an International version becomes available.

I totally agree. I know that I will wanna play it on Dec 3rd :( but ultimately I will likely wait it out for the reasons you've just mentioned and also for the fact that I have a PSPgo and don't wanna purchase a JPN prepaid card and struggle with inputting japanese prepaid codes and what not. Plus I will not want two copies of the same game when it does come stateside...

landman
Nov 23, 2009, 05:02 PM
I want all those collaborations that will never be released in the western version (look at zero, not even the nintendo weapons where released in the american version, only the sega related items)

r00tabaga
Nov 23, 2009, 08:33 PM
I just can't understand a damn thing but English (us Americans are lazy)...game is great though! I hope that they do a somewhat similar console version.

WT_Kail
Nov 23, 2009, 10:56 PM
I just pre-ordered but I have a few questions:

Will Infrastructure mode work ok here? If not will US AdHoc party work with JP PS:P2? (If not it's ok, I have the JP version too lol)
Speaking of which, which do you think will have more players; Infra or AdHoc Party?

Also, demo characters carry over? Gah, better work on my Braver!

Amherst_Wind
Nov 24, 2009, 05:03 AM
I just pre-ordered but I have a few questions:

Will Infrastructure mode work ok here? If not will US AdHoc party work with JP PS:P2? (If not it's ok, I have the JP version too lol)
Speaking of which, which do you think will have more players; Infra or AdHoc Party?

Also, demo characters carry over? Gah, better work on my Braver!

Internet Multimode will have the most honest players, ad-hoc party will have the most pirates. You need to buy the game to get a code to get a littlewing license to play online, but normal multimode (adhoc) requires no such code. So all the people who pirate the game can just play with friends over adhoc party.

WT_Kail
Nov 24, 2009, 11:41 AM
So as long as I legit buy it I'll be able to play it online? I'm not pirating it so I don't wanna miss out on anything.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 24, 2009, 12:13 PM
So as long as I legit buy it I'll be able to play it online? I'm not pirating it so I don't wanna miss out on anything.

Yep, if you import the UMD: inside the case will be a code you need to register on PSN. If you buy the digital version from the PSN store it will already be registered to you PSN account so no code needed.

WT_Kail
Nov 24, 2009, 12:59 PM
Awesome thanks! Sorry for the question bombardment! Haha

BioWarrior
Nov 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
Which would probable be better through playasia? The standard $4 shipping or ups/fedex which is like freakin $20. Reason I ask is I always do the cheap shipping HOWEVER when I got psz it shipped on the 13th and I didn't get it til January D: usually I'll get it within 8-9 days though.

Yoshara
Nov 25, 2009, 04:40 AM
I might very well import this if SEGA takes forever to even just announce it's NA release (like with PS0), but if they announce it's NA release date soon I might reconsider.

P.S. Seeing as I am planning on installing a CFW to my PSP it is going to be annoying updating and then pandora'ing back and forth all of the time.

landman
Nov 26, 2009, 04:53 PM
My JP PSN account's wallet has 5000 fresh yens waiting for this game first day minute one :) I got them for around 43€, not bad at all :wacko: now I'm tempted to download Puyo Puyo 7 lol

Phinal
Nov 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
i pre ordered

Rei-San
Nov 26, 2009, 06:47 PM
I also noticed that a large amount of people are probably going to import. Some one is probably going to make an English patch hopefully. Assuming that such a thing isn't against forum rules. I thought someone here was doing that for the first PS:P.

Phaesphora
Nov 27, 2009, 12:02 AM
So... since I'm importing, but do not have a PS3, and use official firmware... does that pretty much mean I'll be limited to soloing multimode?

Mike
Nov 27, 2009, 12:29 AM
So... since I'm importing, but do not have a PS3, and use official firmware... does that pretty much mean I'll be limited to soloing multimode?
No, you'll be able to play internet multimode.

Phaesphora
Nov 27, 2009, 12:43 AM
No, you'll be able to play internet multimode.
Well, I don't know any importers who aren't on this forum, but it seems like most everyone has PS3 and/or CFW. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with you guys some time.

landman
Nov 27, 2009, 11:48 AM
I have a PS3 but haven't cared playing with Adhog party, the game has online servers, you don't need adhog party to play online with other people.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 27, 2009, 11:53 AM
The only people on adhoc party on a PS3 will be the ISO users, as long as you buy it legit (digital or UMD) then you'll have free use of Internet Multimode.

StamiStar
Nov 27, 2009, 03:18 PM
After numerous begging and 2:00am sleepiness, I finally convinced my brother to pre-order the game for me(i'm broke)(I'm the only one in my family who can read Japanese lol)!

Dawndus
Nov 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
Imported + bought a brand new PSP for it. :-) So excited. However, I can understand how a lot of people said they weren't going to import it if they have zero experience in the Japanese language. I've been taking Japanese classes + can read and write Hiragana + Katakana at least. So, I'm using this as a great immersive learning tool, as well as the most amazing game on earth. :-D

Hagaishi
Nov 28, 2009, 12:43 AM
No, for the same reason kirtblue said about not being able to read it. I like to enjoy the story in my rpgs. Besides, I'll have PSU, PSZ, and, come January, Lunar Silver Star Harmony to keep me busy.

Ahaa Lunar! I have all the lunar games (For sega CD, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and GBA!) Wow.........You just made want to play them again! THANKS!

NICKYMONSTER
Nov 30, 2009, 02:46 PM
Imported + bought a brand new PSP for it. :-) So excited. However, I can understand how a lot of people said they weren't going to import it if they have zero experience in the Japanese language. I've been taking Japanese classes + can read and write Hiragana + Katakana at least. So, I'm using this as a great immersive learning tool, as well as the most amazing game on earth. :-D

Nice. I sort of bought a PSP for the same reasons! Well, I had wanted one for a while, but figured why not, when I knew I could import PSP2! I'm learning Japanese as well, and I was hoping for the same type of immersion! Good luck!! ^_^v

Dawndus
Nov 30, 2009, 03:29 PM
Nice. I sort of bought a PSP for the same reasons! Well, I had wanted one for a while, but figured why not, when I knew I could import PSP2! I'm learning Japanese as well, and I was hoping for the same type of immersion! Good luck!! ^_^v

Ohh.. and welcome to the forums. :-D Yay! We should keep in touch with all of our lovely japanese-like-learnings. Hope your copy of psp2 comes soon! My PSP is due here on the 4th and my copy of PSP2, no idea. But Play Asia says its preparing shipping, so hopefully soon. <3

NICKYMONSTER
Nov 30, 2009, 03:37 PM
Ohh.. and welcome to the forums. :-D Yay! We should keep in touch with all of our lovely japanese-like-learnings. Hope your copy of psp2 comes soon! My PSP is due here on the 4th and my copy of PSP2, no idea. But Play Asia says its preparing shipping, so hopefully soon. <3

Absolutely! I actually ordered my copy via ebay because it came with free shipping within the US. I asked the seller when it would come and he/she said probably give or take a day, so I'm rooting for by the end of this week, or by monday. Never know! Yes, let's exchange friend cards when we get on! I'm totally looking to make friends on PSP2, anyway. Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome! :3

Tetsaru
Nov 30, 2009, 04:30 PM
I voted no. First of all, I can't read/speak Japanese (wish I could), and would just feel lost playing amongst other Japanese players. Second, I currently do not own a PSP. Third, I want to see if it's possible to have a modded PSP and still be able to utilize the games online functions if there's going to be any use of the PSN to do so... don't know if there'll be any technical issues with that. Finally, I'd rather wait and see if the game lives up to the hype once it hits state-side, and read some official reviews on it from sources like Game Informer and 1up.com; sorry, but Sega has let me down too much nowadays, and I can't help but be skeptical... but at the same time, I want to see if they've fixed all the major issues that plagued PSU. @_@ So yeah, if I can get a PSP, mod it, pirate download the game, and still be able to utilize full online play without any issues, I'll get it once the US version is available.

landman
Nov 30, 2009, 05:02 PM
For those ones "learning japanese" expect to read items names and menus and not much more XD

Hug, I played PSO and thousands of games before that without knowing English, Japanese won't stop me from playing either...

Dawndus
Nov 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
For those ones "learning japanese" expect to read items names and menus and not much more XD

I'll be playing online most of the time, so I'll be exposed to people talking in Japanese. Since I can read hiragana + katakana, I'll be able to get a sense of conversation. Yes, there is what it seems like a trillion Kanji out there. But I'll be looking up the ones that peak my interest, and I'll be able to see what ones are commonly used, and look those up as well. It's very easy to look up Kanji with the IME pad on Windows XP/Vista/7. :-)

NICKYMONSTER
Nov 30, 2009, 06:22 PM
It's very easy to look up Kanji with the IME pad on Windows XP/Vista/7. :-)

Amen to that! Love IME pad! :)

landman
Dec 1, 2009, 11:03 AM
Well, I've played with a lot of Japanese guys, played lots of Japanese games and I've known hiragana and katakana for the past 10 years... you won't learn kanjis from seeing them in a conversation lol the few I know I learned them from the book, and I also have some chinese notions, and chinese is 100% kanji xD even with that, it's impossible for me to understand (or even be able to read) most japanese sentences.

T_Esquire
Dec 1, 2009, 02:03 PM
Me... I think I'll wait for the localization. The problem with importing is that most of the time you don't get the local release which tells the localizing company that there's no demand, which makes the likelihood of future releases being localized diminish, which extends localization times as teams take more time over the belief of low demand... it's a downward spiral. Even though the import is out sooner I don't think I will get it. Support your region, people!

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 1, 2009, 07:32 PM
I think it's about time I showed up around here again, so I'm on pre-order.

(ok we'll see what REALLY happens. what is this, attempt #3 now I've tried to come back and I disappear shortly after?)

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 12:45 AM
Even if there was an English version I'd import the Japanese edition. The Japanese language sounds and reads much better in my opinion.

BioWarrior
Dec 2, 2009, 12:55 AM
Honestly. All I said to myself to decide was this.
Look at JP PSU
Look at JP PSP
Look at NA PSU and PSP. Nuff said.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 2, 2009, 01:40 AM
Stickin with the localized version. I got hopes dammit.

ashley50
Dec 2, 2009, 02:00 AM
Stickin with the localized version. I got hopes dammit.

Hopes for a year or 2?

Zufield
Dec 2, 2009, 02:18 AM
Even if there was an English version I'd import the Japanese edition. The Japanese language sounds and reads much better in my opinion.
I take it you're able to read, understand, and comprehend the Japanese language to the point where it's practically a native language, then? Because if not, then...

... well, I'm sure you're seeing where I'm going with this.

Izuna
Dec 2, 2009, 02:29 AM
I take it you're able to read, understand, and comprehend the Japanese language to the point where it's practically a native language, then? Because if not, then...

... well, I'm sure you're seeing where I'm going with this.

Where are you going with "this"?
No, not like a native language, but yeah, proficient.
When scripts for Japanese games get translated, the characters' choice of words don't match their personality the way they do in Japanese. That's my reason, \o.