PDA

View Full Version : DAHAHAHAHA! Suck on defeat Corzine!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 3, 2009, 11:17 PM
Yes! The gods have truley smiled on this day! That balding bitch Corzine is out of office and his lil screw-up Dagget got left behind! Mwahahaha! Choke on your vomit and die! Now maybe Living in New Jersey will actually be more affordable unlike that fuck-up Corzine was doing. Hell I might actually get my own apartment now! Aaaah that stupid ass called up Christie and conceded because he saw his numbers! What a punk bitch! God I'm so filled with glee and joy that I...I...I could have Joy Sex! Sadly have don't have woman so I'll just pop on DFO and kill some zombies.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Where is you Messiah now Corzine!? Obama did jack shit for your reputation! Obama failed you like he failed the American people!

Volcompat321
Nov 3, 2009, 11:19 PM
Congratulations? :o
Maybe?
I have no idea what that happened, but....Obama isn't so bad.
Give him a chance, son!
Bush was the worst president evar..!!!(jk, I don't give a shit who was, but maybe I should..)

Nitro Vordex
Nov 3, 2009, 11:25 PM
...who?

BIG OLAF
Nov 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
...who?

^This.

..though, I think Corzine was running for some sort of office in New York, if I'm not mistaken. I saw a political advertisement bashing him while watching a Rangers game with my dad a few nights ago.

Volcompat321
Nov 3, 2009, 11:31 PM
But what does Jersey have to do with someone running for political office in New York?

I'm totally confused by this Seyamemaru.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 3, 2009, 11:44 PM
But what does Jersey have to do with someone running for political office in New York?

I'm totally confused by this Seyamemaru.

Eh? I'm unsure either. I have no clue what Jersey has to do with running for political office in New York. But whatev.

I guess in order to know you have to live in Jersey. I'm just glad he isn't governor anymore. He screwed up so much stuff and he made living in New Jersey next to impossible. Hell I was ready to move to a different state if he got re-elected.

Volcompat321
Nov 3, 2009, 11:46 PM
Wow, that bad, huh?
Well, like I said above, congratulations!

BIG OLAF
Nov 3, 2009, 11:47 PM

I don't know. I was just watching a hockey game, and the commercial came on. I wasn't paying 100% attention to it, because I was discussing the game with my dad.

Volcompat321
Nov 3, 2009, 11:56 PM
Ah.
Sorry, I was confused at first, by this entire thread lol. :wacko:
My fault.

Kent
Nov 4, 2009, 12:16 AM
I saw Dagget(t). Are we talking Angry Beavers?

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2009, 12:20 AM
Hells yeah boi! Get that punk ass tax gift write off ass out of office. Made sure first thing I did this morning was get my vote vote to Christie. My parents as well as every other homeowner got dicked out of their rebate. Our taxes where raised, fucking the Turnpike tolls where raised, lots of people didn't have any jobs and I our state is still in a lot of debt. In short, Didn't feel good man.

Really pissed me off that Obama supported this dick and they tried riding his coattails. Chris Dagget was totally not a serious nominee, I'm sure his only purpose was to take away votes from Christie, I mean did anyone even watch the debate? Their arguments pretty much consisted of "ur fat lolz"

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 4, 2009, 12:38 AM
Hells yeah boi! Get that punk ass tax gift write off ass out of office. Made sure first thing I did this morning was get my vote vote to Christie. My parents as well as every other homeowner got dicked out of their rebate. Our taxes where raised, fucking the Turnpike tolls where raised, lots of people didn't have any jobs and I our state is still in a lot of debt. In short, Didn't feel good man.

Really pissed me off that Obama supported this dick and they tried riding his coattails. Chris Dagget was totally not a serious nominee, I'm sure his only purpose was to take away votes from Christie, I mean did anyone even watch the debate? Their arguments pretty much consisted of "ur fat lolz"

Hell ya! It showed that Corzine and Dagget had NOTHING and they acted like small children. What the hell? Now if we can convince Obama that his ideas are crap and he should start listenin to some of Republicans maybe we'd get somewhere. After all he DID promise bi-partisan politics!

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2009, 01:17 AM
Most of the Republicans are batshit insane if you ask me.
Most of their supporters are either gullible or batshit insane.
Now some of them may have some good ideas but they also have intrests which makes this whole thing a wash.

Alas the price of freedom you must suffer because your peers are free to be stupid with little recourse.

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2009, 01:32 AM
Well good thing nobody asked you then.

I wish I have joined the campaign for Christie. Lord knows my city plays a huge part in the democratic machine. Actually, I have a picture with Chelsea Clinton, lolz.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2009, 01:38 AM
Oh Politics is so much deeper than most realize :P

That said without knowing the situation in NJ maybe the guy did need the boot I will not make any rash judgments on the state without knowing the facts.

That said I still stand by my statement on the batshit insane majority (Keep in mind I did not say all)

Some of the stuff said can be disturbing, but with luck most of these issues will calm down when people have calmer heads.

Outrider
Nov 4, 2009, 02:03 AM
The thing that I'm enjoying here is the idea that Jersey could ever be a worthwhile place to live in.

Not having to deal with their politics, I obviously didn't follow the election too much, but I did see a member of Christie's campaign get interviewed by the news because they were insinuating Corzine hadn't paid any taxes during 2008.

The reporter pointed out that Corzine didn't pay any taxes in 2008 because he had overpaid in 2007 and the excess covered him for 2008.

Christie's team simply said, "Well, all I know is it looks like he didn't pay any taxes last year."

Ah, politics at it's best - they're not lying, but they're certainly not telling the truth. Christie looks like the regular scumbag, so good luck with him, guys!

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2009, 02:26 AM
Not everybody can live in NY mate. :E

DreXxiN
Nov 4, 2009, 03:31 AM
COOL STORY BRO

CrimsomWolf
Nov 4, 2009, 03:52 AM
That heading would sound so much better if it was "SUCK ON MY MISSILE PUNCH!"

Outrider
Nov 4, 2009, 09:31 AM
Wow - that came out a bit more rage-y than I wanted to, but it was 3 AM. Apologies all around.

I still think Christie's a scumbag, but just to play fair, I also read a bit of an article in the NY Times discussing how poor Corzine is at his job, so it sounds like things were pretty crappy under him as well.

I do think some people are way too hopeful to think that this will automatically make things better, as New Jersey really just isn't pulling in the money right now to not be having economic trouble. Most of the time, governmental improvement is not something that happens quickly in any way. Progress is measured in the long term because that's the only way to measure it.

What I really want to see is a true good versus evil gubernatorial election in New Jersey - Bruce Springsteen versus Jon Bon Jovi. Now that would be a race worth watching.

(Obviously Springsteen should win.)

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 10:03 AM
Holy Shit, how did I not see this post earlier!?

SUCK IT DOWN CORZINE!

I actually meet Christie last Saturday, and he was decent enough to spend a good 3 minutes talking with me [probably the youngest-voting able-kid there] and he really made a great impression on me.

Granted, I was going to vote for him anyway, because Corzine is a fucking loser, and was turning New Jersey into a freaking Welfare State. But now I actually honest-to-God like the man.

I am BEYOND PROUD for New Jersey. Finally smartened up!

And it's good to see that Newark and Camden didn't get to choose our governor again, like it's been in the past.

---

Most of the Republicans are batshit insane if you ask me.
Now some of them may have some good ideas but they also have intrests which makes this whole thing a wash.

Alas the price of freedom you must suffer because your peers are free to be stupid with little recourse.

Most of the Democrats are batshit insane if you ask me.
Now some of them may have some good ideas but they also have interests [fixed the spelling] which makes this whole thing a wash.

Most of the Democrats in power now are practically Maoists. And this is their own words, a frightening number of Obama's cabinet and Czar's have said that their "look up to Mao" or that "Mao was my idol growing up".

Doesn't that fucking scare anyone? Oh no! Of course not! The media doesn't cover it. What they do cover is how everywhere Obama walks, he makes flowers sprout from the Earth. Along with the lovely showing of children praising Obama in schools. Imagine the outrage if that was a song about Bush? Or let's use someone that wasn't as hated.. Reagan. People would still be outraged by it. But Obama? No! That's perfectly fine! I love indoctrinating our children! Because then, they'll be perfectly fine with paying off of this massive debt that they're going to have to pay due to his "stimulus" plan!

I love that the White House wasted so much fucking time with the debates going on in North State NY, NJ, and Virginia, and have lost all of them [Well, I don't know about the Upstate NY one, I feel asleep at 2:00am and it as still practically a tie].

Point is, people are starting to get sick of the Democrats already.

Edit: Actually, the point is New Jersey finally smartened up!

Outrider
Nov 4, 2009, 10:24 AM
Most of the Democrats in power now are practically Maoists. And this is their own words, a frightening number of Obama's cabinet and Czar's have said that their "look up to Mao" or that "Mao was my idol growing up".

You... have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/16/beck.dunn/index.html

It was one aide, who said it in an ironic manner. The article also points out that Newt Gingrich has quoted Mao before, and Bush encouraged Karl Rove to read a biography on Mao.

Doesn't that fucking scare anyone? Oh no! Of course not! The media doesn't cover it. What they do cover is how everywhere Obama walks, he makes flowers sprout from the Earth.

Well, my previous link shows that yes, the media does indeed cover things like that. As for saying they don't have negative coverage of Obama:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/04/obama.promises/index.html

That article basically breaks down the various promises Obama has failed to keep since being elected.

I would heavily recommend that you stop listening to some of the more vicious political commentators - Glenn Beck being one who shares similar misguided vitriol as you - as yelling doesn't actually make someone's argument more or less correct.

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yes, some aspects of the media does cover the negative side on Obama, but the great majority does not. Oh, sorry I should have stated that some coverage is negative.

How does that article actually help Dunn's case?

Newt's quote? "War is politics with blood; politics is war without blood,"

That's versus Dunn actually saying that her favorite philosopher was Mao. I don't see how that's the same. This woman says that the teachings of Mao has influenced her in one shape, way, or form.

And you.. try to combat that with a quote that Newt used from his book, but doesn't state some sort of idolism with Mao. So, that would be me using a quote from Mein Kampf, that doesn't automatically me a supporter of Hitler, or does it? Now if I said that Hitler was my favorite philosopher, we might have an argument here.

---

People and media groups seemingly only in the last month have started to lose their bias. Don't you remember all of the fluff the media threw, "24 hours in the new White House" like 5 months after the inauguration. I don't remember any new President receiving that sort of special treatment from the media before, in my entire 23-year old life.

I'll be frank, it's probably because he's half-black. He's the first President who wasn't full-white. I get it, that's special, but the way the media carried on over it was like they were dogs in heat. It was pretty ridiculous. Hell, even SNL made countless skits over it. It isn't like only someone with a right-wing mind could see it.

And vitriol, ouch. Nice, i'm callous now? Sorry that having a deferring viewpoint is such a crime now.

I've only watched Beck... maybe three times? [I'm in classes usually from 1-8 anyway] I definitely disagree with him on alot of his views and the spin he puts on them, but he's been right with some things. I doubt if he was 100% wrong. he'd have the ratings and backings that he does.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2009, 11:31 AM
This parinaoia is comical.
And people say some of them are not batshit insane.
If you get your facts from Beck or Limbaugh you are gullible and batshit insane.

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 11:53 AM
Look, people on both sides of the coin are batshit insane. I'd hope to not think that a great majority of those in power aren't, but one doesn't live life by hoping.

DreXxiN
Nov 4, 2009, 11:56 AM
Overused 4chan phrases aside, I hope the best for New Jersey; I have a few friends there and it doesn't sound too fantastic at the moment.

Outrider
Nov 4, 2009, 12:03 PM
Yes, some aspects of the media does cover the negative side on Obama, but the great majority does not. Oh, sorry I should have stated that some coverage is negative.

How does that article actually help Dunn's case?

Newt's quote? "War is politics with blood; politics is war without blood,"

That's versus Dunn actually saying that her favorite philosopher was Mao. I don't see how that's the same. This woman says that the teachings of Mao has influenced her in one shape, way, or form.

And you.. try to combat that with a quote that Newt used from his book, but doesn't state some sort of idolism with Mao. So, that would be me using a quote from Mein Kampf, that doesn't automatically me a supporter of Hitler, or does it? Now if I said that Hitler was my favorite philosopher, we might have an argument here.

Oh, it was a stupid thing to say, no doubt. Regardless of the intentions, people were going to take it in a negative way. But it's not like Dunn's sitting around talking about how Mao is the greatest thing since sliced bread - she referred to him as her favorite philosopher in what she claims was a joking manner and there's not really anything in her politics to think that she's going to be proposing Cultural Revolution 2: This Time It's Personal.

Your post was insinuating that the Obama administration is rife with Maoist politicians, and I'm trying to point out that one poor quote out of the quite literally thousands that have come out of the administration does not equate to that at all, especially when it's far from the first time a major politician has invoked Zedong.

People and media groups seemingly only in the last month have started to lose their bias. Don't you remember all of the fluff the media threw, "24 hours in the new White House" like 5 months after the inauguration. I don't remember any new President receiving that sort of special treatment from the media before, in my entire 23-year old life.

I'll be frank, it's probably because he's half-black. He's the first President who wasn't full-white. I get it, that's special, but the way the media carried on over it was like they were dogs in heat. It was pretty ridiculous. Hell, even SNL made countless skits over it. It isn't like only someone with a right-wing mind could see it.

I don't understand - you're upset that he's popular? He's a good-looking, relatively young, pop culture-savvy politician who also has the benefit of being the first mixed-race American president. Of course people were going to make a big deal.

And vitriol, ouch. Nice, i'm callous now? Sorry that having a deferring viewpoint is such a crime now.

That's... not the definition I would use for vitriol. I was referring more to the harsh nature of your post: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vitriol

I've only watched Beck... maybe three times? [I'm in classes usually from 1-8 anyway] I definitely disagree with him on alot of his views and the spin he puts on them, but he's been right with some things. I doubt if he was 100% wrong. he'd have the ratings and backings that he does.

Glenn Beck is a former shock jockey - his goal isn't to be right or wrong, but rather to incite the masses. He's openly admitted that he doesn't check his facts - http://www.politicususa.com/en/Glenn-Beck-The-View

What I'm saying is that he's not a reliable source for informed opinions.

Powder Keg
Nov 4, 2009, 12:05 PM
Everyone was calling for Corzine out, and he definitely needed to go. Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to see a huge improvement with Christie, as bad as that sounds.

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 12:11 PM
I know what vitriol means, it means acidic. But I'm saying that it seemed you viewed me as callous, insensitive, and over critical.

Upset that he's popular isn't the right word for it, it just feels that he's treated more like a celebrity than he is the Commander in Chief. There's almost a movie/pop-star feel to him when you have young girls screaming at the top of their lungs over him. Like this was the 1950's and it's the Beatles walking off the plane.

It just feels weird. I mean, I may disagree with a good amount of his policies, but I respect the man and the position he holds [which is more than I can say people did for the last President], just something feels really off about it.

I don't remember Clinton getting this sort of fandom, and he was pretty freakin' popular.

Edit: And it also feels that alot of people voted for him just because how they like him, not the policies. He seems almost like a Cult Figure with the charisma and sway he holds.

It's probably better than I had the chance to say my view without sounding like a raving lunatic, which I admit happens quite often.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 4, 2009, 12:27 PM
Yea I got my doubts about Obama. Hell at one point I got called a "racist" because I said "I'm starting to think Obama wasn't the greatest choice. Shoulda went with McCain.". The other Obama WTF Moment was when he got the Nobel Peace Prize. I completely did a double take and slapped my head a few times. Can someone tell me aside from him saying he was gonna get rid of poverty what Peace Prize worthy things he did to get it? Or do I need to take a trip to the Museum of Tolerance to understand this? God dammit...I'll say it once and I'll say it again. We need Armaggedon. JESUS!

Also Glenn Beck raped and murdered a little girl back in the early 90's.

SWORD FISH! *runs off*

Zero Revenge
Nov 4, 2009, 12:48 PM
The worst part? He was entered into the nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize when he was only in Office for his Second Week.

Ugh. There's been tons of "racist" throwing all over ever since, especially in my college classes.

I can't dislike the man for his policies. Must be because he's black, right?

It's a way to discredit you, and remove your argument from the picture. Don't let it bother you - or atleast, don't show it. Just argue your point and stay true to yourself. Once the argument because "Are you a racist or not?" then all civility is lost.

ShinMaruku
Nov 4, 2009, 12:54 PM
Look, people on both sides of the coin are batshit insane. I'd hope to not think that a great majority of those in power aren't, but one doesn't live life by hoping.
Most of all people are either stupid or batshit insane. You should live your life without having people telling you what to do. Sadly some can't do that and we have situations like we are in.
That saod fpr kersey, get ready to keep diggin you have a huge ass hole that you must drop further before you get out. Had some terrible leaders there.

Outrider
Nov 4, 2009, 02:01 PM
Edit: And it also feels that alot of people voted for him just because how they like him, not the policies. He seems almost like a Cult Figure with the charisma and sway he holds.

It's really nothing new - many people voted for Bush because he had a "firm handshake" and was the kind of guy you could "have a beer with."

Can someone tell me aside from him saying he was gonna get rid of poverty what Peace Prize worthy things he did to get it? Or do I need to take a trip to the Museum of Tolerance to understand this?

Or you could just go to Nobelprize.org:

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Click here for the complete announcement. (http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/press.html)

The tl;dr version is that they awarded it to him for his work in trying to rebuild diplomatic ties between the US and other countries along with other work relating to peaceful interactions between other members of the international community.

The worst part? He was entered into the nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize when he was only in Office for his Second Week.

Eh - the nomination process isn't quite as elusive as you might think. It's still an honor, but previous presidents have been nominated and if I'm reading their webpage correctly, the nominee's "case" for selection isn't really made until after they've been nominated.

AC9breaker
Nov 5, 2009, 01:55 AM
I always find it amusing that when people find out your a conservative in your political views it's instantly assumed that your a devout follower of Rush, Beck and the gang.

It's like saying I hate Heavy Metal music because of Marylin Manson. Or by assuming that if your a democrat you support NAMBLA.

I do however listen to the great Bob Grant and I thoroughly enjoy the Huckabee show. Not too big on the country music artists they have on the show though, haha.

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2009, 10:01 AM
I love how politics turn people into rabid animals. It's so very entertaining. That's why I stay neutral on all things political (that and because I simple don't care about politics in the least).

AngelofEnders
Nov 5, 2009, 10:04 AM
Waiting for next year for them to boot this asshole Governor Paterson. Not happy about Bloomberg getting a third term but I'm not gonna rage either.

I hope Zero Revenge is trolling. lol

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2009, 10:12 AM
I hope Zero Revenge is trolling. lol

Since when is stating your political beliefs (or non-political, even) trolling? Just curious.

...uh-oh. I believe I might have just projected myself into the debate :-o.

AngelofEnders
Nov 5, 2009, 10:16 AM
It's trolling when it has nothing to do with real politics.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's trolling when it has nothing to do with real politics.

And by chance, what did I say that didn't have to do with politics?

AngelofEnders
Nov 5, 2009, 10:30 AM
Well going on a rant about a president's popularity for one. I don't understand what that has to do with how good or bad of a job he's doing (all subjective of course). Nobel Peace Prize, although I agree he doesn't really deserve, still has nothing to do with anything other than giving people something to talk about.

Look at his policies and explain to me what about them that you dislike. I don't wanna have to sit through Glenn Beck/Rush talking points everytime a Republican feels the need to rant on Obama.

And before you assume what political stance I am, I'm a registered democrat but plan to swing independent after witnessing some of the failures of this current administration and the one before this one.

Your post was like saying you think the Yankees is a shitty team because they can afford to sign good players. That doesn't tell me why they're a shitty team.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 10:41 AM
I don't see the need for you to get so defensive. Did I somehow attack you by showing my dismay with the Obama presidency thus far?

I feel that the Nobel Peace Prize does in fact contribute to the discussion about politics. Because it's a priz-- you know what, I stopped myself from ranting earlier, and then made a nice, civil post last page. I'm not about to start raging over it again. Bottom Line: It makes a political statement, thus constitutes itself as a part of a political discussion.

Clearly there is a difference of what constitutes as political topics. I would be willing to say that all of the videos of the children in our nation's school, singing songs worshiping Obama, and praising him like he's a certain leader between 1933 to 1945, is a bit scary. (Note: I am not comparing Hitler to Obama. I'm comparing the fervor seen in the schools) And while Obama may not have anything to do with it, I would still label it as a Political Topic, because of what it's referencing.

And don't say "Oh you haven't seen it" Because I have, I work as a Substitute teacher part-time while going through college myself, and some of what I see is freaking scary. So i'm not speaking from "What Rush tells me to say" or "What Glenn Beck tells me to say" because I've seen it. The reason this topic is political is because in discussion, Liberals tend to blow it off saying "Oh they're just doing it because he's special, he's the first black President, this was bound to happen. I'm over-reacting." Except if this was about Bush, or even Clinton, you would have people furious. But Obama?

Your post was like saying you think the Yankees is a shitty team because they can afford to sign good players. That doesn't tell me why they're a shitty team.

Ironically enough, that is one of the reasons I don't like the Yankees. because they just buy every good player in the League, or atleast that was my reasoning back 5 years ago when they were winning the World Series every year, and had a practical Dynasty over MLB.

I would have said "why I hate the Yankees" not "they're a shitty team because of..." - but aside from that one line change, I agree. Actually, I'm not even a freakin' baseball fan, I just hate the Yankees.

Look at his policies and explain to me what about them that you dislike. I don't wanna have to sit through Glenn Beck/Rush talking points everytime a Republican feels the need to rant on Obama.

If you want to start throwing topics, i'll explain my opinion on it. Or take it to Profile Messages/Chat, I don't mind.

Outrider
Nov 5, 2009, 11:01 AM
Actually, just to clear things up - the main reason I brought Glenn Beck into the fray is because the bizarre "Obama aides = Maoists" concept was popularized by him. It seemed relevant.

I also think that there are far too many straw man arguments being thrown around (particularly the idea that Obama's popularity goes any further than just plain old celebrity), but I suppose there's not much more I can say about that.

Other than that, carry on everyone.

AngelofEnders
Nov 5, 2009, 11:12 AM
If I was getting defensive, I would've said you're wrong. I questioned your approach not your beliefs. Who's getting defensive?

The media's focus on topics, and people interest in it is why U.S.A's idea of politics is such a joke and yet so interesting at the same time. I wasn't really gonna comment on the indoctrination of children but I think that has more to do with the kid's parents, and the school district because what you're saying is knocking on the door of totalitarianism and I'm pretty sure that's not what Obama's aiming for although I can't speak for the rest of his administration.

Only reason I picked on you instead of the other people was because I wanted to see where your ideas were coming from and I'm seeing you're actually pretty level-headed so I'm not gonna press you anymore. I just get upset when I listen to certain reasoning to people's anger or what they disagree on because some of it to me just shows the media's success in clouding the real issues. What I find, and a lot of people will agree, is that we live in a society where nothing is being questioned. If nobody can see what's wrong with that then all I can say is I hope the next generation does better than this one.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 11:22 AM
Only reason I picked on you instead of the other people was because I wanted to see where your ideas were coming from and I'm seeing you're actually pretty level-headed so I'm not gonna press you anymore. I just get upset when I listen to certain reasoning to people's anger or what they disagree on because some of it to me just shows the media's success in clouding the real issues. What I find, and a lot of people will agree, is that we live in a society where nothing is being questioned. If nobody can see what's wrong with that then all I can say is I hope the next generation does better than this one.

Alright. That's fair enough. I know I can come across as pretty visceral sometimes [read: often], but that's only being caught up in the moment.

So... what now.. o__o"

AC9breaker
Nov 5, 2009, 11:30 AM
I think it's hard to understand just how popular Obama is if you're not on the side of the fence that didn't particularly want him in office. So many times has it come down to me being called a racist or someone that's been brain washed by racists. Which is pretty ironic considering that I'm a young male hispanic who has lived his whole life in a Elizabeth,NJ. a heavily hispanic populated urban city. Meanwhile people who would tell me these things ended up being from Cranford or some of the nicer areas of NJ. It actually reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit where he was a blind black KKK member.

Of course the same reactions where found in my own city. I mean It's not surprising when you look at the sociological "we" identity of minorities that seems quite prevalent these days. But I would have been less worried if half the people would have been telling me, what stances on issues that Obama took they supported. Instead one would usually catchy rhetoric such as change and all that jazz.

The cult of personality.

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2009, 11:59 AM
So... what now.. o__o"

Ron Paul (who the hell is that guy, anyway?).

Discuss.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 12:04 PM
Meanwhile people who would tell me these things ended up being from Cranford or some of the nicer areas of NJ.

....Ow. That--that hurt. **looks over at my location** :dead:

Kidding.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 5, 2009, 12:19 PM
I think it's hard to understand just how popular Obama is if you're not on the side of the fence that didn't particularly want him in office. So many times has it come down to me being called a racist or someone that's been brain washed by racists. Which is pretty ironic considering that I'm a young male hispanic who has lived his whole life in a Elizabeth,NJ. a heavily hispanic populated urban city. Meanwhile people who would tell me these things ended up being from Cranford or some of the nicer areas of NJ. It actually reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit where he was a blind black KKK member.

Of course the same reactions where found in my own city. I mean It's not surprising when you look at the sociological "we" identity of minorities that seems quite prevalent these days. But I would have been less worried if half the people would have been telling me, what stances on issues that Obama took they supported. Instead one would usually catchy rhetoric such as change and all that jazz.

The cult of personality.

Actually I was chewed out by some yuppie honky (racial slur coined by George Jefferson. In his deeeeeeeeeeeluxe apartment in the sky) in Princeton because I didn't agree with Obama's politics. I was then called a racist and a homophobe. I told him to "kindly" get the [expletive] out and choke and die on something sharp.

God I hate Princeton! What the hell!

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2009, 12:27 PM
Actually I was chewed out by some yuppie honky

What is a honky, anyway? I'm white, does that make me a honky? It doesn't matter either way. Call me what you will.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 5, 2009, 12:34 PM
What is a honky, anyway? I'm white, does that make me a honky? It doesn't matter either way. Call me what you will.

Honky is a racial slur for white people. Its rarely used these days because it makes people laugh. Including me. Who is white. I just call other white people honky becuase they damn well deserve it. Along with getting thrown in front of incoming traffic.

Corzine is a honky.

DreXxiN
Nov 5, 2009, 12:41 PM
One of the more fine things about racial white slurs is they aren't NEAR as important as black slurs. For example, "Them damn honkeys are going to let this thread keep running it's course!"

Is going to get me in less trouble than:

"Those stupid niggers are going to edit my post because I said the 'N' word."

Why?

No one will ever f*cking know.

/rant.

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2009, 12:47 PM
One of the more fine things about racial white slurs is they aren't NEAR as important as black slurs.

Oh, I know. It's perfectly fine for white people to get called every name in the book, but if they say anything back, they're in big ass trouble. I'll never understand it, either.

Outrider
Nov 5, 2009, 12:48 PM
The reason for that is because it is in reference to hundreds of years of black oppression as compared to considerably less racial intolerance towards white people.

To overly-simplify it with a metaphor - there's a reason it's more okay to make jokes about somebody's mom dying so long as their mom didn't actually die.

Also, just to stir up the pot - lack of political background aside, if somebody as mega-popular as Oprah was elected president, would you really be making parallels to Hitler's popularity in Germany?

I just really don't see any clear parallels at play here.

Saying "they sing about him in school" is as vaguely irrelevant as arguing that his administration is made up of Maoists because of one off-color quote.

By that logic, I can only assume that the OP is all about demanding sexual favors from politicians whenever they lose. That's obviously not the case, and to say so would be illogical.

If you want to bag on a politician because of his or her policies, then do that. If you want to give them a hard time because of actions they've taken while in office that affect their job, feel free. But don't go throwing out ridiculous comparisons because you're upset that people are talking about the politician all the time.

We're all intelligent people here. There's no need to succumb to such hyperbole and trash rhetoric, though.

DreXxiN
Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 PM
The reason for that is because it is in reference to hundreds of years of black oppression as compared to considerably less racial intolerance towards white people.

To overly-simplify it with a metaphor - there's a reason it's more okay to make jokes about somebody's mom dying so long as their mom didn't actually die.

Heh, that's an interesting way to put it, and I guess that makes sense..

Albeit there's been a LONG period of time to get over it...and people don't get NEARLY as much ridicule for using "jews" in negative manners either, how long have they been persecuted again?

It's also quite a bit more offensive torwards other minority races, which is somewhat understandable, but doesn't support your recent argument.

Ah screw it, these discussions never go anywhere but in wrong directions. Sorry for getting off-topic.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 5, 2009, 12:59 PM
To get back on topic:

Corzine lost! Uhm...wheeeee....

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 01:32 PM

Also, just to stir up the pot - lack of political background aside, if somebody as mega-popular as Oprah was elected president, would you really be making parallels to Hitler's popularity in Germany?

I just really don't see any clear parallels at play here.

Saying "they sing about him in school" is as vaguely irrelevant as arguing that his administration is made up of Maoists because of one off-color quote.

By that logic, I can only assume that the OP is all about demanding sexual favors from politicians whenever they lose. That's obviously not the case, and to say so would be illogical.

If you want to bag on a politician because of his or her policies, then do that. If you want to give them a hard time because of actions they've taken while in office that affect their job, feel free. But don't go throwing out ridiculous comparisons because you're upset that people are talking about the politician all the time.

We're all intelligent people here. There's no need to succumb to such hyperbole and trash rhetoric, though.

1.) So you're saying that a racist comment against blacks is "more racist" than a racist comment against whites? Nice double standard there.

2.) I never directed connected Obama to Hitler in themselves. I was comparing the eerie pledging to Obama that the world has seen before, a la the Hitler Youth. I wouldn't be making the connection if their wasn't one.

Even non-Right wing-minded people are seeing that this is a weird form of indoctrination, it's a form of personal worship. Something that does not belong in schools. THAT'S MY POINT. You aren't pledging allegiance to the country, but to one man, and that I find, is wrong.

And like I've said, I don't directly connect this to Obama, but the maelstrom of his personality. Although it'd be refreshing to hear Obama come out and tell the school teachers to not do this, but that's unlikely. Why would he scold his supporters?

3.) So then is is alright for someone who's Mom is dead to make "Your Mom's dead jokes"? I got into a fight over a kid because of that. Hypocritical asshole insulted my mother, and I insulted his, and low and behold, his mother was dead and it went to blows.

-- If something is wrong one way it has to be wrong the other way. Double standards are inherently wrong, and only lead to conflict. --

DreXxiN
Nov 5, 2009, 01:35 PM
I'd just like to point out that the "Hitler youth" probably wasn't always all about the terrible things he did. I mean c'mon, he did anti-smoking campaigns and the like!

Outrider
Nov 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
1.) So you're saying that a racist comment against blacks is "more racist" than a racist comment against whites? Nice double standard there.

No, I said that's the reason people are more offended by it. If history shows that one ethnic group has been oppressed for x number of years while another ethnic group has not suffered from the same oppression, it only makes sense that the first group would be more wary of another group offending them, whether it's through their actions or speech.

Does that necessarily mean I agree with the way people sometimes overreact to an inappropriate comment? No. But understanding a situation and agreeing with it are two entirely different things.

2.) I never directed connected Obama to Hitler in themselves. I was comparing the eerie pledging to Obama that the world has seen before, a la the Hitler Youth. I wouldn't be making the connection if their wasn't one.

Even non-Right wing-minded people are seeing that this is a weird form of indoctrination, it's a form of personal worship. Something that does not belong in schools. THAT'S MY POINT. You aren't pledging allegiance to the country, but to one man, and that I find, is wrong.

And like I've said, I don't directly connect this to Obama, but the maelstrom of his personality. Although it'd be refreshing to hear Obama come out and tell the school teachers to not do this, but that's unlikely. Why would he scold his supporters?

I'm still confused here. Outside of Obama asking students to take part in community service - something that's been asked by governments and authority figures of all shapes and sizes in the past - what are you referring to when you say that schools are indoctrinating students regarding Obama? When has anybody pledged to Obama instead of the US? The more you're discussing this the more it sounds like you're referring to a specific incident. I'd love to hear more about that.

As I keep pointing out, they're treating him like a very popular celebrity. There are many very popular celebrities. Some people create fan clubs around these people that they don't know. Is it still weird? Yeah, but it's a long way from "Obama's Youth."

The other thing I'd like to make clear is that when people use the phrase "cult of personality," it doesn't have to mean there is an actual cult. It's just a saying.

3.) So then is is alright for someone who's Mom is dead to make "Your Mom's dead jokes"? I got into a fight over a kid because of that. Hypocritical asshole insulted my mother, and I insulted his, and low and behold, his mother was dead and it went to blows.

Aside from the fact that I very clearly stated that my metaphor was oversimplifying the matter, the point is that certain people are going to be more offended by things based on their personal situation.

If I make fun of somebody for wearing glasses and then they make fun of me for the same thing even though I don't wear glasses, obviously they're more prone to being insulted than I am.

It's always going to be more "acceptable" to insult somebody if they're not going to be affected by it versus insulting them when it will seriously offend them. That's basic human nature. If something is relevant to us, we'll be more affected by it.

-- If something is wrong one way it has to be wrong the other way. Double standards are inherently wrong, and only lead to conflict. --

But that doesn't make any sense in this situation. Why would somebody who the insult doesn't relate to be just as offended as the person that it does relate to? Why should a skinny person be upset because somebody called them fat?

A double standard only exists if you're mistreating one party in some situation based on something completely unrelated to that situation.

If two people apply for a job, and one of them has better qualifications, it is not a double standard to hire that person. If I hire one of them because because they have a cool name - something completely unrelated to the competition at hand - then it's a double standard.

In your example, you're saying it's unfair for somebody to be more offended by a joke regarding their mother because they're dead. Of course it's going to bother them more. The guy wasn't too bright, though, if he didn't see that coming before he started fighting with you.

Just like I'm not going to start any foot races with people who I know are faster than me, he probably shouldn't have started an argument about mothers if he knew anything targeted towards him was going to hurt.

Squirrel3D
Nov 5, 2009, 03:41 PM
Ok this is why I always resist posting in this section....and I'm suprised no one called me out yet on.... *points to my sig*.

But I'm gonna lay it on the line right here and now. And I have to type it quickly because I have to go to work!!

*ahem*

I am a 27 year old black american. Read that again, because I'm not an african american, I'm a black american and I will live and die by that. I am an independant with some leanings of conservatism.

Now I know most of you are shocked and I understand it is rare to find such young blacks in america that think this way or think "outside the box"....because after all it makes me no longer black for doing so according to psychonut race agitators (who unforently make up a majority of my family, the black american population, and the mainstream media).

I never liked Obama, I never supported Obama, and I get offended everytime he is spoken in the same breath as great black poineers such as Martin Luther King or George Washigton Carver (the same can be said about al sharpton and his elk). The fact is, most of you in here didn't even know who he was until he started running for the presidency. You know it's true and don't try to deny it. You most likely found out through the mainstream media...who even now is in his pocket. Yes, even the so-called conservative Fox News. Don't get me started on that network, people.

The guy is trying to get the government to take over our healthcare (which would also result in making 30 million illegal aliens citizens), trying to sign this phony enviromental bill just because fearmongers like Al Gore want you to believe we are cuasing the earth to get to warm. Yeah try telling that to people in cities like Denver and they'll laugh at you. He makes the economy worse than than moron George Bush did by spending 3 more trillion dollars....through bailouts that support not US but his friends in power and corporations. And why is our troops still at war?

There's so much more here...but I don't want to make this too long a post.

Look I understand you probably wanna hate my guts or something, but I'm telling it to you exactly how it is. I don't expect any friendly replies to this at all. I even expect some editing will be done because the truth of reality hurts so much.

But that's who I am, that's where I stand, and ether you like me or you hate me. Simple as that. Now you know why I aviod this section, because should anymore of this come out of me....there WILL be a very harsh flame war from someone eager enough to try and shut my mouth and denouce my relevance within my ethcity.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 04:00 PM
But that doesn't make any sense in this situation. Why would somebody who the insult doesn't relate to be just as offended as the person that it does relate to? Why should a skinny person be upset because somebody called them fat?

A double standard only exists if you're mistreating one party in some situation based on something completely unrelated to that situation.

Misinterpreted completely.

I'm saying that it isn't the word itself, it's the actions. Let us use your own example:

It would not be that you have a skinny person and a fat person, and both are offended by the prior calling the latter an "Obese fat fuck" as much as it would be that the fat kid turns around and calls the skinny kid an "Anorexic twig" or something.

The Double Standard I was referring to is the belief that "one racist statement is somehow more racist than another". How is it any less hurtful to the Hispanic kid getting picked on over a Black kid? Because his people in history had an easier time? That's horseshit, it's wrong either way.

So, it comes down that I disagree with your belief that it can be acceptable for one group to be insulted over anther for whatever reasoning.

I'm still confused here. Outside of Obama asking students to take part in community service - something that's been asked by governments and authority figures of all shapes and sizes in the past - what are you referring to when you say that schools are indoctrinating students regarding Obama? When has anybody pledged to Obama instead of the US? The more you're discussing this the more it sounds like you're referring to a specific incident. I'd love to hear more about that.

**whistles** I don't know where the Hell you're pulling the community service from, that isn't that i'm talking about in the slightest.

Look I understand you probably wanna hate my guts or something, but I'm telling it to you exactly how it is. I don't expect any friendly replies to this at all. I even expect some editing will be done because the truth of reality hurts so much.

Not going to get a hateful reply from me. I agree with what you're saying.

DreXxiN
Nov 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm black. Obama wants to take over health care etc.

Actually, not really. He's just providing an alternative healthcare provided by America itself as competition to private healthcares, which I think will be more beneficial overall. In fact I don't even think it comes out of our pockets.

I don't like supporting any specific side when it comes to politics, but I think people are going way overboard and taking the new health care the wrong way.

Outrider
Nov 5, 2009, 06:14 PM
The guy is trying to get the government to take over our healthcare (which would also result in making 30 million illegal aliens citizens), trying to sign this phony enviromental bill just because fearmongers like Al Gore want you to believe we are cuasing the earth to get to warm. Yeah try telling that to people in cities like Denver and they'll laugh at you. He makes the economy worse than than moron George Bush did by spending 3 more trillion dollars....through bailouts that support not US but his friends in power and corporations. And why is our troops still at war?

We've done this song and dance before.

If you're going to make a claim along the lines of "illegal aliens will become citizens under the new healtcare proposals", BACK IT UP. Show us a quote from any of the bills that says as much. Show us a news clip where one of the authors said "this bill will legalize illegal immigrants."

As for Global Warming - I really think you should consider reading more into the issue, as the concept that the earth is getting warmer and warmer is pretty much outside of the debate. Most people are arguing regarding how quickly it's happening, how much the earth will warm, and how much humans are actually affecting it. A few links worth checking out:

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/basicinfo.html
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatechange/guide/quick/doubts.html
http://climate.nasa.gov/

The economy - I actually do think Obama's administration has botched some important parts of the economic recovery, but the initial bailout bill was actually done during the Bush administration.

Regarding the war - This is a rough subject and honestly, I think John McCain was right when he very plainly stated that there would be no quick fix to the war effort. We stepped into a hornet's nest and there's not really any easy way out.

That being said; all combat troops are supposed to be out of Iraq by August of next year: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/126/begin-removing-combat-brigades-from-iraq/

This isn't the original timeline he had offered, but I suppose progress is progress.

The Double Standard I was referring to is the belief that "one racist statement is somehow more racist than another". How is it any less hurtful to the Hispanic kid getting picked on over a Black kid? Because his people in history had an easier time? That's horseshit, it's wrong either way.

I see the confusion now. No, I was never claiming that one was more racist than another - I'm saying it's understandable why one group would be more offended than another if the statements relate to previous grievances. Two different things.

**whistles** I don't know where the Hell you're pulling the community service from, that isn't that i'm talking about in the slightest.

It's a program Obama was supporting to convince students to volunteer their time to a variety of community service projects: http://www.serve.gov/

It was... a pretty big deal during the election. I guess a lot of people don't remember it, though.

But I'd still like to see what you were referring to - I've yet to see any mention of schools teaching their students to sing songs of praise for Obama or whatever your specific example was.

Ketchup345
Nov 5, 2009, 06:49 PM
The fact is, most of you in here didn't even know who he was until he started running for the presidency. You know it's true and don't try to deny it. You most likely found out through the mainstream media...who even now is in his pocket. Yes, even the so-called conservative Fox News. Don't get me started on that network, people.

There's so much more here...but I don't want to make this too long a post.

But that's who I am, that's where I stand, and ether you like me or you hate me. Simple as that. Now you know why I aviod this section, because should anymore of this come out of me....there WILL be a very harsh flame war from someone eager enough to try and shut my mouth and denouce my relevance within my ethcity.I knew about Obama before late 2007, but only briefly due to his speech at the DNC in 2004. I lost track of politics for the most part between the 2004 election and the 2008 presidential primaries.

Health care: Other countries have a centralized system that includes less costs for individuals and in some cases they get better care. As of 2001, medical bills were the leading cause (or included in the cause) of around half of filed bankruptcies. (Source: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/bankruptcy_study.html) Medical costs rise every year, 9% is expected for next year: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/health/2009-06-18-health-care-costs_N.htm

Why are we still at war? Obama never promised that they would end right away. During the campaign and even the primaries he wanted a 16 month time line for Iraq. During the campaign he supported sending at least 2 more brigades to Afghanistan. We are currently just under the 10 month line in his presidency, so if he is following what he said during the campaign and primary, it makes sense we are still in both countries.
Source 1: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/04/nation/na-campaign4 (note July 4, 2008)
Source 2: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/134/send-two-additional-brigades-to-afghanistan/

Environment bills? The majority of scientific studies show that there is climate change (and other effects of pollution such as CO2) and humans are contributing to it. I don't know about you, but I'd trust something that has been published in scientific journals over something that hasn't. Global warming is the wrong term, climate change is better since some areas may get cooler, some warmer.

The purpose of the bailouts was to keep major companies functional, so that in addition to the jobs lost so quickly several more large companies wouldn't fold so soon. The more lost, the harder it is to recover. If say GM was to have folded, jobs would have been lost at all of the factories, parts suppliers would likely either fold too or lay off some workers. Then banks wouldn't be getting any money in the future from at least some car loans, GMAC creditor might have folded.
The stimulus included a large number of tax cuts for normal people, such as on new car purchases and home purchases. There was a limit on the price of a new car that was eligible for the Cash for Clunkers ($45,000 or less), this makes it appear to me that it was aimed at the non-rich.

But I'd still like to see what you were referring to - I've yet to see any mention of schools teaching their students to sing songs of praise for Obama or whatever your specific example was.
I do recall recently hearing there was one school, and that was back in February (apparently part of the school's Black History Month program). Lyrics were supposedly sent home and approvals signed. It was protested against a few weeks ago (October 12 Fox covered it, so the protest was only, ~8 months too late). Link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=8809930&page=2

To the original poster: How does a governor's election depend on Obama? Is there some kind of deal where on normal legislation governors get a vote? Also, Virginia and New Jersey have a habit of voting in governors of the party opposite the president since (I believe it was) the 1980s. The only 2 elections Tuesday that had any affect on Obama and his legislation were in California and in New York. The Democrat won in both of those, the New York one was in a district traditionally held by Republicans since the 1800s.
Also do note, in some cases there are major differences between members of a party on a national level and the state level of the same party.

Squirrel3D
Nov 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
1) We've done this song and dance before.

2) If you're going to make a claim along the lines of "illegal aliens will become citizens under the new healtcare proposals", BACK IT UP. Show us a quote from any of the bills that says as much. Show us a news clip where one of the authors said "this bill will legalize illegal immigrants."

3) As for Global Warming - I really think you should consider reading more into the issue, as the concept that the earth is getting warmer and warmer is pretty much outside of the debate. Most people are arguing regarding how quickly it's happening, how much the earth will warm, and how much humans are actually affecting it. A few links worth checking out:

4) The economy - I actually do think Obama's administration has botched some important parts of the economic recovery, but the initial bailout bill was actually done during the Bush administration.

5) Regarding the war - This is a rough subject and honestly, I think John McCain was right when he very plainly stated that there would be no quick fix to the war effort. We stepped into a hornet's nest and there's not really any easy way out.

That being said; all combat troops are supposed to be out of Iraq by August of next year: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/126/begin-removing-combat-brigades-from-iraq/

This isn't the original timeline he had offered, but I suppose progress is progress.

6) But I'd still like to see what you were referring to - I've yet to see any mention of schools teaching their students to sing songs of praise for Obama or whatever your specific example was.

1) But not with me, and I already can tell we won't be best of friends if you start me up into a debate.

2) A news clip....yeah that's an easy task to pull off. :roll: You know damn well you won't find that infomation in the mainstream media so nice try. It's pretty damn odvoius right in front of your face that they will get citizenship under this government takeover of our healthcare system. When was the last time you visited an emergency room? Who always went to the front of the line for medical care? When you figure out the answer to these two, get back to me and you'll see why they'll get their citizenship.

3) Ok let's see...you live in New York City which gets more snowfall in one month than baltimore does in most winters. How is that happening despite this bullshit about we evil humans cuasing the earth to get warmer? And here's another question for you....if you think you're so "green" then how come none of these green groups say nothing about littering? How does Al Gore travel around the world? Don't you realize how gullible you are for falling for this crap? The answer as to wether or not we are cuasing so-called man-made global warming is simple....go outside right now and tell me if it's cold.

4) Ok and Obama fixes this by spending another 3 trillion which he did? Both parties did this and both Bush and Obama supported these ridiculoius bailouts.

5) Yet you never mentioned that the noob president (yeah I said it) sent troops to afghanistan. So what are we still in Iraq for then? What are we in Afghanistan for?

6) http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2009/11/04/elementary-epidemic-11-uncovered-videos-show-school-children-performing-praises-to-obama/

Does that convince you?

And just for kicks.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/THEsquirrel3d

AC9breaker
Nov 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
Michael Savage seems like a nice guy, but that's one dood that's off the deep end. I listen to him a lot of times at work since he's entertaining at the very least but I think he's just off the wall now a days.

Ketchup345
Nov 6, 2009, 12:19 AM
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
(quoted text eliminated for space reasons)
2) News clips aren't even necessary. Cite the bill and the location. If it does exist, post where so we can look it up and confirm it. Here are 2 links to all bills being considered or passed: http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/b_three_sections_with_teasers/active_leg_page.htm
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomas
You made the claim, find it and back it up.

Last time I was to the ER? 4 years ago.
Life threatening conditions are usually the priority.

3) Did you skip my post were I said it really shouldn't be called global warming, climate change would be much better? Again: some areas will get warmer, some will get colder, weather patterns will be affected, and in addition to climate, ecosystems will change (easy to show this).

Littering isn't brought up in climate change discussions because depending on the item, there is no release of carbon once the item has been used. Many states/areas have fines for littering, sometimes into the hundreds of dollars, making it more of an issue of enforcement by police than creating new laws.

What makes you think Baltimore, Maryland should get more snow than New York, New York? And it is November, compared to the months that just passed, it should be cold in comparison, with or without (human made/assisted) climate change. New York is supposed to be colder than Baltimore:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USNY0996?from=search_siteresults%3C1%3E
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USMD0018
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/wxclimatology/compare/USMD0018?sfld1=Baltimore,%20MD&sfld2=New%20York,%20NY,%20US&clocid1=USMD0018&clocid2=USNY0996

4) Not doing the bail outs could easily have led to significantly more job losses, not just in America, but world wide. The bailouts were handled poorly for the first rounds (Bush), but the next rounds from my readings did have better handling in how the money was handled.

What do you think would have happened if there were no bailouts at all?

5) We are in Iraq to continue supporting their force until they are more competent, and we still have 6-7 more months before his campaign promise of being out within 16 months.
We are in Afghanistan to prevent another group like the Taliban (basically its leftovers) do not take power in Afghanistan again. We are (supposed to be) there to set up a stable government that prevents terrorist training camps from being set up and ideally assisting in the war on extremists in the future.

6) Why scold his supporters? This is only being done by a very small handful of people, some with parental consent and in some cases placed into Black History Month. Many of the children will not be old enough to vote for Obama in 2012. He has ~7.25 years more maximum as president, the oldest students would have to be 15 years old as of this week to vote for him in 2012 (basic memory would put that at currently a high school level).

Nitro Vordex
Nov 6, 2009, 12:46 AM
On the part of "global warming", we're hardly a direct cause. We help, sure, but we're not even close to the amount done by the natural things already here.

Say, volcanoes. http://www.gaspig.com/volcano.htm These things cause more (potential) environmental damage in ONE ERUPTION than we do over a course of years.

Don't like this post, too bad. Brain not functioning well tonight, and I don't really feel like arguing with In****2 up there.

Outrider
Nov 6, 2009, 12:49 AM
1) But not with me, and I already can tell we won't be best of friends if you start me up into a debate.

Actually, you presented your ideas back in the healthcare thread awhile back, and you didn't support any of your arguments then either. That being said, let's kick this off:

2) A news clip....yeah that's an easy task to pull off. :roll: You know damn well you won't find that infomation in the mainstream media so nice try. It's pretty damn odvoius right in front of your face that they will get citizenship under this government takeover of our healthcare system. When was the last time you visited an emergency room? Who always went to the front of the line for medical care? When you figure out the answer to these two, get back to me and you'll see why they'll get their citizenship.

So you have no source? No proof? You're arguing that the proposed bills will grant citizenship to illegal aliens, but the language simply doesn't exist. If you're still claiming it does, you have to back your argument up.

And yes, I've been to the emergency room - the people before me went in. Big surprise. There's also no real correlation between people getting treated in emergency rooms and getting citizenship.

3) Ok let's see...you live in New York City which gets more snowfall in one month than baltimore does in most winters. How is that happening despite this bullshit about we evil humans cuasing the earth to get warmer? And here's another question for you....if you think you're so "green" then how come none of these green groups say nothing about littering? How does Al Gore travel around the world? Don't you realize how gullible you are for falling for this crap? The answer as to wether or not we are cuasing so-called man-made global warming is simple....go outside right now and tell me if it's cold.

Okay, you clearly have very little understanding of the concepts that we're discussing. The idea of global climate change (apologies for using the wrong, narrower terminology earlier) is not that we will never have winter again or that we won't be able to use planes, trains or automobiles again. If you had taken five seconds to look at the links I posted, you would understand this. I don't understand what you're rallying against. Your counterpoint is to an argument that doesn't exist.

4) Ok and Obama fixes this by spending another 3 trillion which he did? Both parties did this and both Bush and Obama supported these ridiculoius bailouts.

Ketchup very clearly explained the purpose of the bailouts, so I'll just defer to him on this one. I still think they were fumbled a bit, but that's neither here nor their.

5) Yet you never mentioned that the noob president (yeah I said it) sent troops to afghanistan. So what are we still in Iraq for then? What are we in Afghanistan for?

Obama never claimed we were getting out of Afghanistan in 2009 or 2010. In fact, he said he would introduce new troops. Everyone knew this going into last year's elections.

6) http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2009/11/04/elementary-epidemic-11-uncovered-videos-show-school-children-performing-praises-to-obama/

Ah, thank you. I was beginning to wonder what he was referring to.

Those are all rather absurd, but the post you linked to admits that this was all done with parental approval. I'm not sure what you want me to say about this - isn't it a key conservative ideal that it's up to the individual (or in this case, the child's parent) to say what their child can or cannot do? By that logic, can I say that they shouldn't have done this?

Again, I fail to see how a bunch of kids singing about the new president is scary - if anything it's silly and most likely a ploy to draw some attention to their schools, which has apparently worked.

And just for kicks.....

Congrats? I think we understand your feelings on a variety of topics.

Ketchup345
Nov 6, 2009, 01:28 AM
On the part of "global warming", we're hardly a direct cause. We help, sure, but we're not even close to the amount done by the natural things already here.

Say, volcanoes. http://www.gaspig.com/volcano.htm These things cause more (potential) environmental damage in ONE ERUPTION than we do over a course of years.

Don't like this post, too bad. Brain not functioning well tonight, and I don't really feel like arguing with In****2 up there.
Sadly the site you linked no working links for its sources. Only 1 link worked, and it is not one that has any info on it about volcanoes.

http://features.csmonitor.com/environment/2009/01/29/do-volcanoes-change-the-climate/
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/index.php
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/ieo/emissions.html
First link is general info. Second link is volcanoes cause 130-230 million tonnes of CO2 per year. Third link is human activity in roughly 30 countries (OECD group, according to my quick wiki check) produce 13 billion (yes, a b) tonnes per year, meaning it is up to 100x more (according to my 1AM with 3 hours sleep the night before math) for just those 30 countries (which does not include India or China). The second link also has info on release of pure carbon of all nations to allow for the full figure of human caused carbon emissions.

I will give you the fact that I didn't see anything comparing any other pollutants caused by volcanoes and humans.

Kent
Nov 6, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well... Intelligent debate between two people can be a really fun experience, assuming both are mature. In fact, it's something I really rather enjoy - just not when it's with someone who is mentally-unbalanced, can't think clearly, refuses to listen... Or we're talking politics (but that's because I just don't like politics).

It's pretty damn odvoius right in front of your face that they will get citizenship under this government takeover of our healthcare system.
Actually, I found it pretty obvious that there's no grounds for this statement, but it intrigues me. Can you provide some evidence for this claim?

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYB6zWhv-M[/spoiler-box]

Well, an economic situation such as this, isn't one that'll fix itself. I'll agree that the bailouts were handled poorly, but it's not like specifically doing nothing would've been more beneficial.

And just for kicks.....

...lol. That "Obama goes pedo!! (http://www.youtube.com/user/THEsquirrel3d#p/u/21/yESPfcoDO64)" video is hilarious. The guy talking sounds like he's the next Rush ("LimBAWWWW") and hasn't left his mom's basement in years. That person talking, whoever it is, is either the next evangelical hyper-conservative nutjob, trying to sling any irrelevant and moronic insults he can, and trying to blow such silly and meaningless things out of proportion (and probably context)... Or he's well-versed in the arts of parody and satire; the stutter in front of the word "photoshop," the quickly escalating anger... It's so well put together, that it could really be either one.

Either way, I had a good laugh. It's a shame comments are disabled, 'cause I'd like to applaud the comedic value of it.

DreXxiN
Nov 6, 2009, 01:37 PM
When was the last time you visited an emergency room? Who always went to the front of the line for medical care?

Well, actually...

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
That "Obama goes pedo!! (http://www.youtube.com/user/THEsquirrel3d#p/u/21/yESPfcoDO64)" video is hilarious. The guy talking sounds like he's the next Rush ("LimBAWWWW") and hasn't left his mom's basement in years. That person talking, whoever it is, is either the next evangelical hyper-conservative nutjob, trying to sling any irrelevant and moronic insults he can, and trying to blow such silly and meaningless things out of proportion (and probably context)... Or he's well-versed in the arts of parody and satire.

Kent, I believe that the "evangelical hyper-conservative nutjob" is Squirrel3D himself.

*gets the popcorn, and waits for Squirrel's -no doubt- livid response*

..This shall be interesting, indeed.

Squirrel3D
Nov 6, 2009, 03:18 PM
...lol. That "Obama goes pedo!! (http://www.youtube.com/user/THEsquirrel3d#p/u/21/yESPfcoDO64)" video is hilarious. The guy talking sounds like he's the next Rush ("LimBAWWWW") and hasn't left his mom's basement in years. That person talking, whoever it is, is either the next evangelical hyper-conservative nutjob, trying to sling any irrelevant and moronic insults he can, and trying to blow such silly and meaningless things out of proportion (and probably context)... Or he's well-versed in the arts of parody and satire; the stutter in front of the word "photoshop," the quickly escalating anger... It's so well put together, that it could really be either one.

Either way, I had a good laugh. It's a shame comments are disabled, 'cause I'd like to applaud the comedic value of it.

Ok jackass, since you know nothing about me.....you'll do what any psychonut on the internet does, go to the tired verbal tatic about someone living in the parents basement becuase you don't like what I had to say in the video.

And how dare you compare me...an independant....to a republican asslicking narcissist like Rush Limbaugh (so much for being hyper-conservative)? I could put up a brand new thread bashing this boring republican kool-aid drinker, but that's not the issue.

What are you gonna do now...go try and run me off YouTube or smear me here? How bout putting your lips back on the asses of the democrat party.

Vanzazikon
Nov 6, 2009, 04:06 PM

Either way, I had a good laugh. It's a shame comments are disabled, 'cause I'd like to applaud the comedic value of it.*High Fives Kent*

Kent
Nov 6, 2009, 04:45 PM
Ok jackass, since you know nothing about me.....you'll do what any psychonut on the internet does, go to the tired verbal tatic about someone living in the parents basement becuase you don't like what I had to say in the video.
Just because I pointed out a video as being hilarious, means that I don't like what you had to say? I'm afraid you're mistaken; I just found the message and overall tone to be actually humorous. No offense meant - I realize nobody likes actually being compared to Rush Limbaugh (we have a similar opinion on him, you see), but it's actually news to me that you were the one talking in the video. In all honesty, it was the only one on that channel I watched, I had no idea.

For the record, I never actually accused anyone of living in any basements, being hyper-conservative, etc. - basically all of the aforementioned paragraph was simply about the tone in the video, not the person talking.

DreXxiN
Nov 6, 2009, 05:10 PM

And how dare you compare me...an independant....to a republican asslicking narcissist like Rush Limbaugh (so much for being hyper-conservative)? I could put up a brand new thread bashing this boring republican kool-aid drinker, but that's not the issue.

What are you gonna do now...go try and run me off YouTube or smear me here? How bout putting your lips back on the asses of the democrat party.

LOL UMAD?

Sorry..it had to be done.

Squirrel3D
Nov 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ok then since I was doing a good job avioding this section of the forums, I'll really steer clear of it now after the last few posts.

I told you people there was gonna be a harsh flame war with me, and now you got it. So to prevent myself from going any further...thus risk getting banned from this place by saying what I really want to say about some of you, this will be the final post I make to this thread and to this section of the forums.

I expected this to happen the moment I finally took the gloves off. And as I predicted, I've made new enemies. I'm not even gonna waste time looking at the responses, because I could give two shits what you think of me.

So yeah, you want this country to be dragged down the cliff by the frauds on both political sides....have fun. But I won't be dragged down that cliff with you. Have a nice day.

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2009, 09:56 PM
I told you people there was gonna be a harsh flame war with me, and now you got it.

Where? I must have missed it. Less than five posts with mild mud-slinging does not make a flame war, let alone a "harsh" one.

So to prevent myself from going any further...thus risk getting banned from this place by saying what I really want to say about some of you, this will be the final post I make to this thread and to this section of the forums.

So you've had some hatred for Kent, Drexxin, and a few other for a while now? Because, you really can't form a completely negative opinion about someone just from, what, two or three posts, can you?

I expected this to happen the moment I finally took the gloves off. And as I predicted, I've made new enemies. I'm not even gonna waste time looking at the responses, because I could give two shits what you think of me.

I really don't think anyone in this thread considers you an "enemy" because of your beliefs, but feel free to be paranoid, anyway.

So yeah, you want this country to be dragged down the cliff by the frauds on both political sides....have fun. But I won't be dragged down that cliff with you.

America isn't being "dragged down a cliff" in the first place. Secondly, if you live in this country, then you will be going down "with us" (though, like I just said, America isn't going anywhere). Unless you move to Canada, or something.

Have a nice day.

You, too.

..Man, I hate politics. But I sure as hell love political "debates".

DreXxiN
Nov 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
So yeah, you want this country to be dragged down the cliff by the frauds on both political sides....have fun. But I won't be dragged down that cliff with you

Then go move there if you like it so much.
:lol:
There's a whole world out there, buddy!

Outrider
Nov 6, 2009, 11:34 PM
I really don't think anyone in this thread considers you an "enemy" because of your beliefs, but feel free to be paranoid, anyway.

I don't consider him an enemy - I consider him entertainment.

Sure, any debate that occurs is moot because you're dealing with somebody so stubborn they claim to know everything about a topic despite having not actually read any credible first-hand sources, but the wild-eyed ignorance sure keeps things interesting.

Kent
Nov 7, 2009, 12:46 AM
So you've had some hatred for Kent, Drexxin, and a few other for a while now? Because, you really can't form a completely negative opinion about someone just from, what, two or three posts, can you?
Well, if he had something against me for a while, he'd know that I'm sure not a Democrat.

This (not that he'll probably read it) is pretty much the reason I dislike politics. It draws unnecessary clefts between people that would otherwise (perhaps) get along just fine. Especially when there are extremists involved.

And it doesn't take a Republican or a Democrat to be an extremist.

DreXxiN
Nov 7, 2009, 01:29 AM
^ Couldn't have said it better myself.