PDA

View Full Version : "Explanation of Mag Stats" from Perfect Guide

Cedric_Greene
Feb 23, 2003, 07:16 PM
On page 6 of the Versus guide for PSO GC&XBox are the followong statements:
"DEF= When equipped, raises your DFP by this amount (Max is 100).
POW= When equipped, raises you ATP by double this amount (Max is 100).
DEX= When equipped, raises your ATA by 1/2 this amount (Max is 100).
MIND= when equipped, raises your MST by double this amount (Max is 100)."
Now my question is are these max's correct? I assume not, with the Pow and Mind mags I have seen and the gods know that there are enough mistakes in the guide, just looking for some clarification.

klepto
Feb 23, 2003, 07:42 PM
No they arent correct, i too have this guide, and thoughout the book i sometimes question whether something was intentionally put there, or was a mistake.

Sasarai
Feb 23, 2003, 07:54 PM
I feel the same way every time I hear President Bush speak.

Now, before I get rants and flames because of this quote, please note, I'm a registered Republican. This isn't an attack on the President or the Republican party. Nor am I here to discuss political view points. I just wonder if the President says these things to throw us off balance (like throwing a curve ball), or if he really means to say half of the things he says.

"Most of our imports come from other countries."

President George W. Bush

I just hope Versus is doing the same thing--to test our intellect and see how perceptive we are, or if they're really that lazy...makes you wonder.

PalRappies_go_splat
Feb 23, 2003, 09:13 PM
OMG I NEVER KNEW WE GOT IMPORTS FROM OTHER CONTRIES!!!! i thought we got imports from china...
Bush is so damn smart!!!

Kei
Feb 23, 2003, 09:42 PM
Just passing this along in case it hasn't been posted already...

"Unfortunately, Versus has gone bankrupt.

I was actually the author for the PSO Episode I & II book, and there are numerous reasons why the book turned out less-than-stellar. I was only given about 10 days to work on the book, we weren't able to play the game online, all of our data came directly from Sonic Team, etc. Sorry the guide isn't as helpful as it should be, but if it makes you feel any better, Versus never got around to paying me for it before they went under. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

By the way, when guides turn out crappy, it often isn't the fault of the author. You wouldn't believe how many obstacles can arise when dealing with game publishers and strategy guide business types. It can be VERY frustrating.

-Steve"