PDA

View Full Version : some general questions.. and hi:]

pkriot
Nov 5, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hi. I'm kinda new to these forums. I was on PSU forums for a while but I quit dat shit. kay so anyways, I have a few questions if anyone knows..

First, will you be able to have a 1h wep AND a shield? or has PSU clogged my brain? I feel like it'll be shield only, but it sounds cool. Also, I was trying to read the translated JP wiki and it says there's a PA on shield that makes everyone invincible for a few secs which I thought was cool, but I might have read it wrong.. that thing is impossible.

Second, are there actual techs for the Gi techs? or are they only through charging the normal techs? and how are the techs obtained? is it a drop and they drop at that specific level like on PSO? or is it like PSU where you level them up.

Third, does anyone know the max level for elements on weps? i couldn't figure it out on the wiki.

Anyways, i'll be getting PSZ when I go on thanksgiving break, so i'm sure I'll be seeing you all. thank you!

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 12:32 AM
1.) No. A Shield counts as a weapon. You still get Armor and Barriers, but the Shields you're talking about act as Blunt Weapons, think Goofy in Kingdom Hearts, just without the Down Syndrome.

You can hold the L Button I believe to hold the Shield up and preform a "Shield Wall" technique that depletes TP points for the damage it mitigates.

2.) No. Gi Techs are only done by Charging regular Techs.

3.) No idea.

pkriot
Nov 5, 2009, 12:34 AM
Okay sounds good. Thank you :]

earthsenshi
Nov 5, 2009, 12:38 AM
Welcome!

I believe that you are only able to equip one weapon or shield at a time. Here's a page where someone translated parts of the JP wiki:
http://www.psupedia.info/PS0:Weapons
I don't see anything about temporary invincibility. Or heard anything about it.
There is something on this page about being able to slam into someone with the shield: http://bumped.org/psublog/the-weapons-of-phantasy-star-zero/

There are no Gi techs. You have the normal techs, and you can charge them by holding the button down to get Ra techs. Techs are obtained like in PSO, through disks, which go up to lvl 15.

I'm not sure about the elements on weapons.

If you like playing as a force, check out the force club in the groups section.

pkriot
Nov 5, 2009, 12:48 AM
Oh I meant Ra techs haha sorry. And um maybe Ill try one out, but I've never been much of a force fan. Maybe this time around I'll come through though.. they sound cooler. And if I were to play, it would probably be a FOnewm. I like RA a lot, and was thinking about a RAcaseal. I was also thinking maybe a HUnewm, just to try out one of the new classes. Thanks though!

kirtblue
Nov 5, 2009, 12:50 AM
Oh I meant Ra techs haha sorry. And um maybe Ill try one out, but I've never been much of a force fan. Maybe this time around I'll come through though.. they sound cooler. And if I were to play, it would probably be a FOnewm. I like RA a lot, and was thinking about a RAcaseal. I was also thinking maybe a HUnewm, just to try out one of the new classes. Thanks though!

keep in mind that the story changes based on race not class

earthsenshi
Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 AM
You're welcome.
By the way,
HUmar, HUmarl, HUnewm, HUnewearl:
LV10: Foie Rafoie Zonde Razonde Barta Rabarta.
LV10: Resta Alresta Anti Alanti.
LV10: Shifta Alshifta Deband Aldeband.
RAmar, RAmarl:
LV10: Foie Rafoie Zonde Razonde Barta Rabarta.
LV10: Resta Alresta Anti Alanti.
LV10: Jellen Aljellen Zalure Alzalure.
FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, FOnewearl:
LV15: Foie Rafoie Zonde Razonde Barta Rabarta.
LV15: Grants Gigrants Megid Gimegid.
LV15: Resta Alresta Anti Alanti.
LV15: Shifta Alshifta Deband Aldeband.
LV15: Jellen Aljellen Zalure Alzalure.

I'm probably going to play a FOmarl, a FOnewm, and a HUcaseal. I really want to try the HUnewm though.

pkriot
Nov 5, 2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I have heard that it does change based on race. But I'm not too concerned about the story. As with PSO ep 1 and 2, I never really paid much attention to it lol. I just like the gameplay.

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I have heard that it does change based on race. But I'm not too concerned about the story. As with PSO ep 1 and 2, I never really paid much attention to it lol. I just like the gameplay.

i can understand that the game play has always been solid the storys however have always contained plotholes lol

TUSCAN
Nov 6, 2009, 04:42 AM
Max element is 50%.

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 05:42 AM
Max element is 50%.

im ok with this i was unfortunate enough to find a rare weapon in pso with a high percentage and everytime i used it i was accused of it being a hack it was a legit weapon and i had people with me when i farmed for it to attest to this but it wasnt enough i stoped using that weapon to avoid hassles and that sucks was awesome weapon