PDA

View Full Version : PSZ Event at SOA on November 4th

RubyEclipse
Nov 5, 2009, 01:44 AM
A little shout out to all the PSOW guys who came in and visited us for our first ever public Community event this evening. Hope you guys had a blast! :)

Zantra
Nov 5, 2009, 02:17 AM
Hey Ruby, or should I call you Aaron? Thanks for the awesome event, i'm loading the pics now, to post my thread/article. It was cool to finally meet you, and the PS community appreciates everything that you are doing for us. Here's to many successful events like this, in the future! :)

MSAksion
Nov 5, 2009, 02:22 AM
ZANTRA =D wasn't that a blast. I had a blast meeting you and your brother. I'll have some pictures uploaded too.

Ruby Eclipse - You are a cool guy IRL as you are in game. You answered all of our questions professionally. You have a background as a player so you know what its like in PSU right now. You understand the problems with PSU and why everyone's fed up. BUT i know with you and Edward working there i know our voices will be heard.

Please have another Gurhalian cup. That was fun and a great community event. Edward said it was cool to post real pictures but i'd like to ask officially if i may post some of you and the sonic team.

Zantra
Nov 5, 2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah, it was so much fun.
So cool, to finally meet other people who play Phantasy Star games.
When I tell my friends about the games, they tell me that i'm too old to be playing them, I'm only 25!
Anyway, my thread is posted, so everyone, please add pics, and your experiences from the event to my thread! :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170350

Krupp
Nov 5, 2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks a lot Ruby and Sega for this awesome experience. I didn't think it would be as great as it was to be honest. I'm glad I went, it was glad to meet some of you guys. I also have no doubt after hearing your story that you are definitely a person who well represents us on the PSU NA side. Continue the good work!

reo2720
Nov 5, 2009, 05:08 AM
Thanks again guys! This was beyond awesome.

Any members of Team Phail here? (Team Fail)

Nai_Calus
Nov 5, 2009, 06:00 AM
I'm the one who got the GC PSO copy. :D

Team Ph4il leader, reporting for duty. *Nai salutes as the Dragon kills him. Again.*

I had an awesome time and it was great meeting you all.

Thanks again for putting this together, Ruby, and all you other guys at Sega as well. :D

Endu_Landale
Nov 5, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks you guys for putting this together, it was extremely awesome and I can't wait til the next event :p

...Team 2nd place is awesome!!!

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 5, 2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks again guys! This was beyond awesome.

Any members of Team Phail here? (Team Fail)

GO TEAM PH4AIL!

Zantra
Nov 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
My team was first to the portal... but we finished 4th. I blame my brother. He doesn't own a DS, and he hasn't played a PS game since PSO on Dreamcast. He died 6 times during the mission... SIBLING FAIL!

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 5, 2009, 04:37 PM
Well... My team ran out of Moon Atomizers. And then I remembered telepipes. Then I ran out of Moon Atomizers.

Zantra
Nov 5, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah my team never had any to begin with... I think. Near the end, it was just my FONEwearl Lime, running from the yeti's and shooting foie everywhere.

Nai_Calus
Nov 5, 2009, 10:22 PM
I died so hard so much, rofl.

I'm enjoying this game. Buy it. Five copies of it.

MSAksion
Nov 5, 2009, 10:58 PM
XD yeah. Apparently when you go to the city you are unable to rejoin the fight. all 4 of you must return to the city then warp back to the boss together =P

But yes it was fun. Lets get wificodes and play PSzero sometime. Or Meet up in PSU sometime.

Epitope
Nov 6, 2009, 01:26 AM
I got an account just to say thanks! OMG It was hecka fun! Team Epic Fail FTW!!!

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 05:25 AM
Apparently when you go to the city you are unable to rejoin the fight. all 4 of you must return to the city then warp back to the boss together

wait what? im a bit confused can you explain please

Nai_Calus
Nov 6, 2009, 06:03 AM
I got an account just to say thanks! OMG It was hecka fun! Team Epic Fail FTW!!!

*high five* Go Team Ph4il!

Niered
Nov 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
wait what? im a bit confused can you explain please

What it means is that unlike PSO, all characters have to be in the same area at the same time. This isn't too surprising, as almost every other game like PSZ (Crystal Chronicles, Dungeon Explorer, etc) works the same way. So if you die in PSZ and decide to "Go back to town" you wont be able to go back to town until the other characters have finished the fight or used telepipes to go back.

Although, it seems rather silly that you would choose to go back to town, since its very easy for someone to just charge up anti into reverser and bring you back, especially since I'm pretty sure that anyone that can use techs can use reverser.

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 08:03 PM
Apparently when you go to the city you are unable to rejoin the fight. all 4 of you must return to the city then warp back to the boss together

What it means is that unlike PSO, all characters have to be in the same area at the same time. This isn't too surprising, as almost every other game like PSZ (Crystal Chronicles, Dungeon Explorer, etc) works the same way. So if you die in PSZ and decide to "Go back to town" you wont be able to go back to town until the other characters have finished the fight or used telepipes to go back.

Although, it seems rather silly that you would choose to go back to town, since its very easy for someone to just charge up anti into reverser and bring you back, especially since I'm pretty sure that anyone that can use techs can use reverser.

no no i get that but the way its worded it looks as though one member could go back to town while everyone else continued to fight and the one player was stuck in town till everyone else came and got them basicly

Niered
Nov 6, 2009, 08:29 PM
No, the player that wants to go back to town is stuck on the field until everyone else goes back to town.

Zantra
Nov 6, 2009, 09:29 PM
Not true, I died and went back to town, while my team was still fighting. The only way to get back into the mission, if you go back to town when you die, is to wait for the rest of your party to die, and come back to town. Because, you all have to stand on the teleportation pad, to re-enter the mission. At least, this is the way that you do it, if you have no telepipes.

Niered
Nov 6, 2009, 09:39 PM
Not true, I died and went back to town, while my team was still fighting. The only way to get back into the mission, if you go back to town when you die, is to wait for the rest of your party to die, and come back to town. Because, you all have to stand on the teleportation pad, to re-enter the mission. At least, this is the way that you do it, if you have no telepipes.

Really? thats awesome, I guess I was wrong. Do you know if characters can enter different areas (I.E. 2 people go into forest, 2 into caves?) ?

Zantra
Nov 6, 2009, 11:44 PM
The areas are more like PSU areas, than PSO areas. (the areas are connected to the mission you're playing) But yes, people can split up, as long as you've killed enough enemies to unlock a gate, or use a key card. Also, like I mentioned before, you can be in town, while your team is fighting through the mission. The only time that you all truly need to be together, is when you activate the portal at the beginning of the mission, or if there is a switch or gate that requires the entire team to activate it. Also, if you get to the boss and die, the teleporter takes you straight back to the boss fight. No more running through an empty area. As far as I can tell, you don't lose anything for being killed, but I could be wrong. Everyone gets their own loot, also. So, that nobody can steal all the items. The items and chests that you see on the screen, are yours to loot.

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 11:52 PM
wow thats kinda new way to do it but sounds kewl

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 02:18 AM
The areas are more like PSU areas, than PSO areas. (the areas are connected to the mission you're playing) But yes, people can split up, as long as you've killed enough enemies to unlock a gate, or use a key card. Also, like I mentioned before, you can be in town, while your team is fighting through the mission. The only time that you all truly need to be together, is when you activate the portal at the beginning of the mission, or if there is a switch or gate that requires the entire team to activate it. Also, if you get to the boss and die, the teleporter takes you straight back to the boss fight. No more running through an empty area. As far as I can tell, you don't lose anything for being killed, but I could be wrong. Everyone gets their own loot, also. So, that nobody can steal all the items. The items and chests that you see on the screen, are yours to loot.

I could run back to town for a Fluid run, without inconveniencing everyone?

FUCKING AWESOME.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 7, 2009, 01:05 PM
Do you know if characters can enter different areas (I.E. 2 people go into forest, 2 into caves?) ?

The team leader sets the destination of the teleporter. There's not a menu to select from, only one destination at a time. I suppose it may be possible for the team leader to set the teleporter for one place, let someone go through, and then change it, but I suspect that this does not work.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 04:43 PM
So is there any way everyone who went to the event can all get each others firend codes, I'd really like to play with everyone at some point.