PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Grinding & Type Extend pts

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
Can some1 shed some light for me on how to grind and where? I think it's at the Type Extend counter inside the battle shop towards the back left but I'm not sure. And any pointers on how type extend works would be appreciated. All I can do at lvl 15 is just add/remove C-grades from my ranger weapon list. Thx for any help!

Amherst_Wind
Nov 5, 2009, 10:11 AM
Grinding is the 6th option at the Weapons store.
For Type Extend, just keep selecting weapons until you've used up all your points. To get a weapons rank above C select it again and press the top option again, if you have enough points it'll raise to B. If you have a lack of points select a weapon and press the bottom option to lose it and gain the points back.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2009, 10:32 AM
Thank you very much! I think you've come to aid/rescue a few times now...ty-

Amherst_Wind
Nov 5, 2009, 10:46 AM
No worries, just make sure you remember its the 6th option to grind, not the 5th (which is to sell), as both options lead to a list of all your weapons with prices in meseta next to them.

Someone I was playing with made that mistake and sold his weapons, luckily he hadn't saved so he reset his PSP to get them back. xD

JudgeChief
Nov 7, 2009, 01:26 PM
I remember in PSP (and possibly others, portable was the first i really played), rarely, when grinding, the bar would "pop" and the stats would go up a lot more than usual.

For grinding weapons, should i always go for this "pop" and reset if I don't get it?

r00tabaga
Nov 7, 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure there are no failed grinds in this game...I think the pop that you are referring to is a failed grind, or break...from PSU

JudgeChief
Nov 7, 2009, 06:54 PM
No, I remember it clearly cause it was recently. I was grinding a wand or rod in PSP and when the bar finished it popped, and the stats increased more than they had for the other grinds.

I didn't play PSU that much. Didn't even know there was grinding in that game.

Mike
Nov 7, 2009, 08:18 PM
Grinding in PSP2 is a little less random than it was in PSP1. Occasionally, I see a one point ATP boost when grinding weapons but the amount increased by grinding is usually set. The grinding bar "popping" usually means the weapon has broken. The only weapons that could be broken in PSP1 were the meat weapons.

Sakai did say that there would be a few more weapons that could be broken like the meat weapons would be in PSP2 but I haven't seen any in the demo yet.

Arika
Nov 7, 2009, 10:28 PM
Grinding in PSP2 is a little less random than it was in PSP1. Occasionally, I see a one point ATP boost when grinding weapons but the amount increased by grinding is usually set. The grinding bar "popping" usually means the weapon has broken. The only weapons that could be broken in PSP1 were the meat weapons.

Sakai did say that there would be a few more weapons that could be broken like the meat weapons would be in PSP2 but I haven't seen any in the demo yet.

Do u try to grind any weapon to 10 yet? I wonder what is the 10/10 special he talked about before.

Also, do u know if elemental % in this game still calculated from base status (just like the way PSU and AOI calculate it)? or just 50% from weapon atp only .

Mike
Nov 7, 2009, 10:58 PM
Do u try to grind any weapon to 10 yet? I wonder what is the 10/10 special he talked about before.
I have quite a few 10/10s. There's really nothing else to spend meseta on in the demo any more :D There are no extend codes in the demo so there's no telling what the special effects are besides a jump to S-rank and a special visual effect.

Also, do u know if elemental % in this game still calculated from base status (just like the way PSU and AOI calculate it)? or just 50% from weapon atp only .
No idea ^^; I don't have the right weapons put away to test it at the moment but I'll try it out when I do.

Arika
Nov 7, 2009, 11:19 PM
I have quite a few 10/10s. There's really nothing else to spend meseta on in the demo any more :grin: There are no extend codes in the demo so there's no telling what the special effects are besides a jump to S-rank and a special visual effect.

So when you grind your C rank weapon to 10/10, it turn to S rank?? ...can't use in demo :(

Mike
Nov 8, 2009, 12:12 AM
So when you grind your C rank weapon to 10/10, it turn to S rank?? ...can't use in demo :(
Not quite. You can grind weapons to 10 in the demo. To make the jump to S rank, you need to grind an eleventh time and use an item called "extend code." Extend codes aren't in the game so you can fully grind out an weapons you want in the demo.