PDA

View Full Version : Photon Artes question...

Sir_Green
Nov 5, 2009, 10:23 AM
My first game was PSU. Well, I played the demo for weeks, and I, like, totally can't wait for PSZ. But I have a question.

From what I've heard, you can't choose the photon art for your weapon, that it either comes with one already attached to it or doesn't have one at all. Is this true? You can't buy any? :(

Thanks!

TUSCAN
Nov 5, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, it's true. The real grind is getting an awesome rare that has great percentages in more than one category AND a good photon art. You will be getting a lot of 10% Crimsons in this game, if you know what I mean.

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 11:08 AM
What's a Crimson?

^-- Quit PSU 4 months after playing it.

Sir_Green
Nov 5, 2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks, Tuscan! And nice avatar, Zero. Is that Ashura?

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 01:19 PM
I haven't the fainted idea.

I don't even know who Ashura is.

Although now I want to.

Sir_Green
Nov 5, 2009, 01:47 PM
I haven't the fainted idea.

I don't even know who Ashura is.

Although now I want to.

A character from some CLAMP manga series...I forgot which. :P

Zero Revenge
Nov 5, 2009, 01:49 PM
.___.

A PSO-themed manga? Must. See.

Sir_Green
Nov 5, 2009, 01:49 PM
No, it's not PSO themed at all. : x I don't even know what it's about. XD

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 5, 2009, 02:38 PM
I thought it was a fan pic of a newman from PSO.

kirtblue
Nov 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
What's a Crimson?

^-- Quit PSU 4 months after playing it.

crimson is a flaming saber thats actually pretty decent but its way easy to find so you end up with a bunch of really crappy percentage ones before you find one worth using

Akaimizu
Nov 5, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if you can or can not modify photon arts. That's one thing I've never been able to do in the Japanese version. You can, however, modify a weapon's element, for a cost, and you have to acquire the proper item to be able to have it done. However, there is something else the mod guy can do that I haven't figured out. There's also a guy that can get you stuff provided monster parts. I haven't really made use of that guy in the Japanese version, either.

Xhero
Nov 5, 2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah in this game is not Just getting A rare weapon its getting a rare weapon with good stats Hell of alotm more fun!

TUSCAN
Nov 5, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure if you can or can not modify photon arts. That's one thing I've never been able to do in the Japanese version. You can, however, modify a weapon's element, for a cost, and you have to acquire the proper item to be able to have it done. However, there is something else the mod guy can do that I haven't figured out. There's also a guy that can get you stuff provided monster parts. I haven't really made use of that guy in the Japanese version, either.

The mod guy will change the element or randomly add 5, 10 or 15% to the damage modifier of your choice. So if you have a nice weapon that is, say, 35% native you can get it to 50% if you're lucky. Sometimes a nice weapon will have an accuracy boost and good percentages in every category except one so I'll throw the boost on that one. It's a pretty good system and helps you get a bit more mileage out of some of the weapons.