PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Bruce's Dungeon

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 03:50 AM
Since the official internet mode is taking off soon, I've been looking at Bruce's Dungeon. I never had a chance to play it in PSU but I've browsed a few guides on the subject. These are PSU guides though so if the way the dungeon works is different than PSU, the guides won't be as helpful. So, for those of you who have manage to play Bruce's Dungeon via Adhoc Party or through sibilings or friends, how is it compared to the PSU version?

xBladeM6x
Nov 6, 2009, 03:54 AM
The same besides there is one new enemy in a single room. The Lightning rhino thing. D: Yeah it's pretty damn awesome. (1st room in block 2 I think.)

reddragon_756
Nov 6, 2009, 04:03 AM
How many players does it require to play it? I've played on Multi-mode with 1 other person and neither of us could figure out how to do them. We also only saw the missions you can do in story mode and the 1 where you fight the Reol thingy.

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 04:09 AM
That's good to hear. Time to collect items and get the proper pallet together.

xBladeM6x
Nov 6, 2009, 04:10 AM
How many players does it require to play it? I've played on Multi-mode with 1 other person and neither of us could figure out how to do them. We also only saw the missions you can do in story mode and the 1 where you fight the Reol thingy.
Only takes 2. o.O You probably weren't looking in the right place. To find the mission, just check all the different options from the mission counter.

xBladeM6x
Nov 6, 2009, 04:12 AM
That's good to hear. Time to collect items and get the proper pallet together.
Also now, at that part with the four gates and switches, they are color coordinated now. So no more confusion. :3

Also no more bruce in the mission. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh, but your score is now ranked off of killing every monster in the mission, and also getting a good time. So no more skipping :P.

reddragon_756
Nov 6, 2009, 04:13 AM
Ahh ok thanks for your help. I guess we'll try it later. Also what about the battle mode missions or something you can do on Parum? How many players does that require? If it only requires 2 players than I take it CPU's can't be in your party to do it then can they?

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 04:17 AM
Also now, at that part with the four gates and switches, they are color coordinated now. So no more confusion. :3

Also no more bruce in the mission. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Oh, but your score is now ranked off of killing every monster in the mission, and also getting a good time. So no more skipping :P.
The Japanese wiki said that you needed to kill all the monsters and get under 10 minutes for an S-rank. I think it might take a few tries to get the pacing down but I'm looking forward to the challenge :D

xBladeM6x
Nov 6, 2009, 04:22 AM
Ahh ok thanks for your help. I guess we'll try it later. Also what about the battle mode missions or something you can do on Parum? How many players does that require? If it only requires 2 players than I take it CPU's can't be in your party to do it then can they?
Requires 2, no NPC's in the party.

@Mike - I'll do it with you if you want to. :3 I've been collecting good weps and stuff. so let me know when you want to do it on the 9th. :D

reddragon_756
Nov 6, 2009, 04:32 AM
Ahh. Again thanks. I'm excited for being able to play this the 9th now :D well even more I mean lol.

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 04:54 AM
@Mike - I'll do it with you if you want to. :3 I've been collecting good weps and stuff. so let me know when you want to do it on the 9th. :D
Sounds good. I think I've pretty much got my pallet together, so I just need to make sure I go in with the right items and/or traps. If traps work the same way, that is.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 06:18 AM
Count me in on that party too! Though I doubt its possible to S rank it in the trial unless you're lucky, because nobody has mentioned Boost monsters. I'm sure you can imagine Mike, the time difference its going to be if you run into just one Boost Bil da Vear. Lv 1 Boost isn't too bad, but if you run into Lv 2 or 3 then they are a real time drain.

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 06:31 AM
The Japanese wiki does mention that if the lightning beast is boosted, you're likely not going to get an S rank.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah, if hes boosted forget it. He already owns me enough as a Hunter with his "NO MELEE!" attack without being boosted.'
With Ranger or even better Force backup he is much easier though.

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 06:47 AM
It's melee resistant? Dang. I'll have to rethink my strategy now.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 06:58 AM
Well only melee resistant in the sense that it will use an attack that surrounds itself with a shockwave that blows away anybody whos up in its face, and that'd usually be the Hunter heh... and his charge isn't very nice either.

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 07:04 AM
Oh, I thought you meant in that it had special defense vs. melee attacks. I've seen a few monsters resistant to ranged attacks in the Undersea Relics and in Sleeping Warrios.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 07:15 AM
Actually I haven't noticed myself as things usually get too crazy to pay attention in that room, but melee could be what trigger that move, I mean if anything would trigger that kind of attack it'd be melee strikes.

Ultie
Nov 6, 2009, 07:19 AM
i'll join bruces aswell on the 9th, ive been collecting 50-60% weps just for it xD

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 07:24 AM
Actually I haven't noticed myself as things usually get too crazy to pay attention in that room, but melee could be what trigger that move, I mean if anything would trigger that kind of attack it'd be melee strikes.
Perhaps it's a knock back or stun effect that triggers it. And maybe freezing it will negate that attack. I've never done it before so I can't say for sure.

Illuminate
Nov 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
I wawna come too. :3 I've had plenty of practice with Bruce's, me, my sister, and brother did it, and could only ever get B after killing everything, with about four minutes left. xP

I am so pumped for the 9th! >:3

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 07:40 AM
Thats the best I've ever manged to get aswell, B rank.

Illuminate
Nov 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
I got a C once. :O Me and my sister finished it with like, less than two minutes left, after skipping the monsters. xP Wait... Or maybe not, no, that was me, my brother, and sister. xD

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 07:50 AM
I've been fooling around with freeze traps. They don't seem to last very long.

Ultie
Nov 6, 2009, 09:32 AM
burn or poisen traps would be better for the extra damage and to let rangers get more damage per shot with their ability. alltho they don't last long either anymore xD

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
What ability is that?

Ultie
Nov 6, 2009, 09:39 AM
when the enemy has a status they do more damage

(actually it might be if the rangers got a status on themselves, my translation is a bit meh on that one xD)

Illuminate
Nov 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
Is that for any kinda ranger, or is it a badge thing? :Ozorz

Ultie
Nov 6, 2009, 09:42 AM
u get it when you reach ra3, costs 1 thingie to equip

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 09:43 AM
Nah you got it the right way around Ulti.
I mean the other way around would be... if you got Shocked (disabling attacks) your attack damage would increase... yeah, I doubt its that way around. xD

Mike
Nov 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
Wiki says when you are hit with a status effect, you do more damage. So shock wouldn't do anything since you can't shoot but infection or burn might.

Amherst_Wind
Nov 6, 2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, then that ability isn't half as useful as I imagined it.
Freeze and Shock are pointless, and status effects in general disappear very quickly in this game, more in line with PS Zero...

Zarode
Nov 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
I can imagine quite a few useful places for it though. I guess it depends on how much ATP you get from the effect, though.