PDA

View Full Version : Item hunters/hunting

Java378
Nov 6, 2009, 07:31 PM
If anyone remembers in .hack, the mmorpg series there was a player style called Item hunters. They looked for rare items.

In PSO, we start with 30 slots and earn up to 60 slots.

So, is anyone here an item hunter? And do you feel that the abundance of meseta in the game(as in Japan's game servers) may make the items not as rare to you?

In short, how do you feel about collecting items in PS0?

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 07:37 PM
I doubt JP/NA/Europe servers will be linked.

Anything with value will quickly lose it due to hackers dropping duped rares for free in random games.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question, I love farming rares in PS games, can't wait to farm red boxes in Zero!

Niered
Nov 6, 2009, 07:41 PM

Anything with value will quickly lose it due to hackers dropping duped rares for free in random games.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question, I love farming rares in PS games, can't wait to farm red boxes in Zero!

Yes, but their is a catch to hacked rares.

They have no Photon Arts. Apparently noone has been able to do anything about that, so a hacked rare will always be a hacked rare, it will never have a PA, and it will never be as good.

Plus, hell, i plan on only playing with friends, family, and people from this board. No need to worry then.

Java378
Nov 6, 2009, 07:43 PM
They aren't interlinked? Wow, that really perks me up. Now I may be the first to get new rares.

Hacker's dupes are not so good or valuable due to incomplete programming as discussed in earlier threads. Without these specials, the item can easily be discerned form real or fake unless the original item had no special move. Also, not many hackers or not yet due to MW2 for Xbox360.

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, but their is a catch to hacked rares.

They have no Photon Arts. Apparently noone has been able to do anything about that, so a hacked rare will always be a hacked rare, it will never have a PA, and it will never be as good.

Plus, hell, i plan on only playing with friends, family, and people from this board. No need to worry then.Whoa that's good news then!

Same with me man, I doubt i'll join random games much.

Sir_Green
Nov 6, 2009, 07:47 PM
Hmmm... Well, being a rare hunter sounds fun. Sure, collecting rare items seems like something that'll keep me busy in the game. :)

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 07:48 PM
The thing I like about PSZ's drop system is that everyone gets different drops, no more ninja looters when playing with random people at least.

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 07:53 PM
What do the boxes in this game look like?

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 07:57 PM
What do the boxes in this game look like?Exactly like PSO/PSU boxes.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3649/image0020med.jpg

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 08:06 PM
Exactly like PSO/PSU boxes.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3649/image0020med.jpg

Not EXACTLY like PSO boxes. PSO boxes were more horizontal than those. But meseta is the same.

im being difficult :)

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 08:10 PM
Ugh that picture is low quality. (Shame on you Sega.)

Here from their Flickr page, much better.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/3796372010_0da05cbd8a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157612363651500/

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 08:15 PM
Ugh that picture is low quality. (Shame on you Sega.)

Here from their Flickr page, much better.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/3796372010_0da05cbd8a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157612363651500/

Whoever that is is level 3. Better than me, I suppose. I'm level -10 right now

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 08:18 PM
OK.... Arikado, what do red boxes look like? Im using the wii on a bad connection or id look myself.

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 08:20 PM
OK.... Arikado, what do red boxes look like? Im using the wii on a bad connection or id look myself.Give me a min.

EDIT: Meh, Ruby's low level so there's none on his pics, if I find one i'll upload it ITT.

EDIT: Found one but it came out weird because it was from Fry's youtube gameplay video.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7388/lalala.png

kirtblue
Nov 6, 2009, 08:43 PM
The thing I like about PSZ's drop system is that everyone gets different drops, no more ninja looters when playing with random people at least.

i couldnt agree more i always hated playing with bastards that did this

Arikado
Nov 6, 2009, 08:47 PM
i couldnt agree more i always hated playing with bastards that did thisWorst was in PSO on Dreamcast, you'd drop your weapon/meseta on the floor when you died, almost all the times people would steal your stuff and run off with it. (Random people once again not friends.)

Pro-tip: Don't play PS games with random peoples.

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 08:51 PM
"looking another direction with guilt"...

Im joking! I never got the chance to play PSO online, anyway. My nephew was a looter though..... I had to threaten him in reality to make him drop what he had taken from me while I was AFK. Little jerk.....

Niered
Nov 6, 2009, 08:52 PM
Worst was in PSO on Dreamcast, you'd drop your weapon/meseta on the floor when you died, almost all the times people would steal your stuff and run off with it. (Random people once again not friends.)

Don't even remind me.

There was this one time I was playing Dark Falz with a buncha randoms. I die, and drop my Varista (first rare I had a use for) I start yelling for noone to steal it, next thing that happens, some random guy picks it up and drops out of the game.

Looking back I chuckle, since Varista's suck. But still, that was not fun.

Reksanden
Nov 6, 2009, 08:58 PM
Don't even remind me.

There was this one time I was playing Dark Falz with a buncha randoms. I die, and drop my Varista (first rare I had a use for) I start yelling for noone to steal it, next thing that happens, some random guy picks it up and drops out of the game.

That would suck even worse if you had a Demolition Comet right at that moment.

Java378
Nov 6, 2009, 11:12 PM
I also never got to get online back in the day because I was in school and not aware of this game.

CAMPSO
Nov 6, 2009, 11:22 PM
I also never got to get online back in the day because I was in school and not aware of this game.

Same here. In fact i didnt really play online till BB. And i only learned about BB a couple months ago

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 12:08 AM
Worst was in PSO on Dreamcast, you'd drop your weapon/meseta on the floor when you died, almost all the times people would steal your stuff and run off with it. (Random people once again not friends.)

and dont forget that what stuff you didnt get stolen you had to quickly reequip before you died again

demo commet was lame i found so many of those i just started selling them as the one meseta was more valuable

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 02:20 AM
If anyone remembers in .hack, the mmorpg series there was a player style called Item hunters. They looked for rare items.

In PSO, we start with 30 slots and earn up to 60 slots.

So, is anyone here an item hunter? And do you feel that the abundance of meseta in the game(as in Japan's game servers) may make the items not as rare to you?

In short, how do you feel about collecting items in PS0?

Fuck that. I'll become a PKK, Player-Killer Killer.

Oh wait, no PVP. [Which is a good thing]

HASEO!!!!!!

FeiRayne
Nov 7, 2009, 03:21 AM
Don't even remind me.

I only had this happen to me once on DC PSO, and figures it was one of the few times I left the game room open.

I was on my RAcaseal in V. Hard Forest just messing around with a low lvl handgun that dropped from a Boomba just because I was bored. When I was about to fight the dragon a RAmarl joins my game and asks for a telepipe; I drop one down and welcome him. The moment he appears he PKs my character and picks up the low lvl gun I was messing around with. I said "So...you killed me and got a 3 star gun, how do you feel?" His response was just "..." and he left. I bet he wasn't very happy, and I couldn't help but laugh at how much of a fool he must of felt like.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 03:25 AM
I only had this happen to me once on DC PSO, and figures it was one of the few times I left the game room open.

I was on my RAcaseal in V. Hard Forest just messing around with a low lvl handgun that dropped from a Boomba just because I was bored. When I was about to fight the dragon a RAmarl joins my game and asks for a telepipe; I drop one down and welcome him. The moment he appears he PKs my character and picks up the low lvl gun I was messing around with. I said "So...you killed me and got a 3 star gun, how do you feel?" His response was just "..." and he left. I bet he wasn't very happy, and I couldn't help but laugh at how much of a fool he must of felt like.

good for you he was a jerk

FeiRayne
Nov 7, 2009, 03:32 AM
Indeed he was, and opps forgot to answer the question. Hunting down rares is one of my favorite things to do in the game, so looking forward to finding some awesome force weapons and mag raising.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 03:41 AM
Indeed he was, and opps forgot to answer the question. Hunting down rares is one of my favorite things to do in the game, so looking forward to finding some awesome force weapons and mag raising.

yeah mags are kinda like pokemon you gotta raise em all

Sir_Green
Nov 7, 2009, 09:01 AM
Fuck that. I'll become a PKK, Player-Killer Killer.

Oh wait, no PVP. [Which is a good thing]

HASEO!!!!!!

Wouldn't you need a really awesome looking scythe for that, anyway? :D

Reksanden
Nov 7, 2009, 09:19 AM
Wouldn't you need a really awesome looking scythe for that, anyway? :D

If you've never played G.U., Haseo actually has 3 or 4 weapons: Twin Daggers, Giant Swords, Scythes, and I think he gets another, but I don't remember. You do get 2 scythes in PSZ, but they are Force weapons. One can be used by anybody, the other is force only.

Sir_Green
Nov 7, 2009, 09:26 AM
If you've never played G.U., Haseo actually has 3 or 4 weapons: Twin Daggers, Giant Swords, Scythes, and I think he gets another, but I don't remember. You do get 2 scythes in PSZ, but they are Force weapons. One can be used by anybody, the other is force only.

Oh. I've only read the manga. : x

Galeohn
Nov 7, 2009, 10:30 AM
WOOOOO, 2 more days guys, i can't wait lol, i'm taking the name from my account for my first character :D

Saintdane
Nov 7, 2009, 10:32 AM

He also gets twin guns in the last game. I also liked that they got rid of tekkers. I mean I know that it helped with the weapon stats and all but I'm just too impatient to keep going back to him. ^^;

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Well, since i'm a Ranger, I guess to pull off Haseo, i'd have to use Mechguns.

...Even though that was only in Dot Hack G.U. 3 - Great Game Trilogy BTW.

Reksanden
Nov 7, 2009, 12:27 PM
In PSZ, is there a Section ID system like in PSO?

Saintdane
Nov 7, 2009, 12:37 PM

There wasn't one in the JP version so I doubt they'll put it in the US version.

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 12:44 PM

No...

Evicous
Nov 7, 2009, 01:40 PM

Q: I can go online with this game, right? Do I have to pay a subscription fee?
A: Playing online is completely free! You can team up with your friends anywhere, anytime without worry of a subscription fee. In addition, you can play with gamers from across the world, like Europe and Japan!

Yeah, I doubt that they will be linked too. *sarcasm

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I doubt that they will be linked too. *sarcasm

i think if you play a random game your only gunna get people in your country but i it would make sense if you got a friend code it dont mater where they are

Evicous
Nov 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
i think if you play a random game your only gunna get people in your country but i it would make sense if you got a friend code it dont mater where they are
...why?

The premade responses can be perfectly translated into ANY language they could ever possibly want to translate the game into. Spanish? The premade responses can be translated into that. French? Yes. Mandinka? Sure, why not. If anything, there is more reason for them to NOT allow you to connect with people in your own country. Diversity!

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
...why?

The premade responses can be perfectly translated into ANY language they could ever possibly want to translate the game into. Spanish? The premade responses can be translated into that. French? Yes. Mandinka? Sure, why not. If anything, there is more reason for them to NOT allow you to connect with people in your own country. Diversity!

i could be wrong but it sounds like too much of a hassle for them to do this but i guess we will find out come release time

Evicous
Nov 7, 2009, 03:57 PM
i could be wrong but it sounds like too much of a hassle for them to do this but i guess we will find out come release time
I'm glad you don't work at Sega.

"Translate to English? Too much of a hassle. Those silly Americans don't need it. They can play a gimped version of PSU for the next 10 years."

Saintdane
Nov 7, 2009, 03:57 PM

Now that's just plain lazy.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
I'm glad you don't work at Sega.

"Translate to English? Too much of a hassle. Those silly Americans don't need it. They can play a gimped version of PSU for the next 10 years."

whats up with that? personally i would love it if they did translate it to every country i just dont think its very likely as its gunna be a lot simpler to just have different servers

Niered
Nov 7, 2009, 04:08 PM
whats up with that? personally i would love it if they did translate it to every country i just dont think its very likely as its gunna be a lot simpler to just have different servers

Its not hard at all actually, its much simpler than separating them in fact. The game doesnt have multiple languages per region its released in so premade chat 1 that says "Thanks!" in english would still be interpreted by a Spanish version PSZ as premade chat 1, with the difference being that the game displays it as "Gracias!"

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
*Enters topic wielding Nei's Claw*

Item hunting eh?

Evicous
Nov 7, 2009, 04:11 PM
I see that I misunderstood your post. No, they won't translate into extremely obscure languages, but I would assume most of the predominate European and important Asian languages will get a translation provided it is popular enough.

I thought you meant "why would they allow different countries to access each other, it would be too much work to translate the premade response menu."

And no, I would assume that it would be easier to have each country access the same server.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
I see that I misunderstood your post. No, they won't translate into extremely obscure languages, but I would assume most of the predominate European and important Asian languages will get a translation provided it is popular enough.

I thought you meant "why would they allow different countries to access each other, it would be too much work to translate the premade response menu."

And no, I would assume that it would be easier to have each country access the same server.

wait shit ok your not the only one who misunderstood i was thinking pictochat

so i agree english spanish french chinese japanese why not

i need to stop multitasking and thus stop skiming though the posts lol

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 04:25 PM
Stop drinking so much Jack Daniels before Noon. That oughta help. :D

Evicous
Nov 7, 2009, 04:31 PM
i need to stop multitasking and thus stop skiming though the posts lol
Agreed.

Saintdane
Nov 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
*Enters topic wielding Nei's Claw*

Item hunting eh?

*waves around Summit Moon* Still can't beat me. 8-)

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
Stop drinking so much Jack Daniels before Noon. That oughta help. :D

im more of a jagermeister kinda guy and its 2:30 on a sunday so ill do what i want

Zero Revenge
Nov 7, 2009, 04:39 PM
What? It's Saturday.

JAGER BOMBS.

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 04:45 PM
What? It's Saturday.

JAGER BOMBS.

whoops yeah i better lay off its my tabletop game night and we normally drink alot of beer

Xhero
Nov 7, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah Im a rare item Hunter I do lots of runs till I get my item :-x so yeah i cant wait till I get what I want so yeah Im up for it I cant wait 3 day left Guys !!!!:bday::bday::bday::yes::yes::yes:

kirtblue
Nov 7, 2009, 05:57 PM
12 item hunters hunting
11 rangers resting
10 hunters slicing
9 forces casting
8 rappys dieing
7 players farming
6 players grinding
5 golden rings
4 rangers shooting
3 hunters helping
2 forces gloating
1 dark falz exploding
and a partridge and a pair tree

sorry couldnt help it ive wanted to do this the first time a seen this thread lol

darthplagis
Nov 8, 2009, 12:01 AM
all of this talk of segregation of regions..... it says on the website that

A: Playing online is completely free! You can team up with your friends anywhere, anytime without worry of a subscription fee. In addition, you can play with gamers from across the world, like Europe and Japan!

twiggy011
Nov 8, 2009, 12:24 AM
i like trying find rare itens but recently ive had bad luck and ive been stuff like monomate and base units

Java378
Nov 8, 2009, 01:08 AM
all of this talk of segregation of regions..... it says on the website that

Japan already has an overflow of meseta. I bet they would give a new person 100,000 just by them asking.

Form what I hear there is a lot of meseta in play already.

Evicous
Nov 8, 2009, 01:24 AM
Giving away meseta just seems silly. Won't there always be weapons to sphere improve the affinity of, or elements to improve?

Reksanden
Nov 8, 2009, 12:26 PM
12 item hunters hunting
11 rangers resting
10 hunters slicing
9 forces casting
8 rappys dieing
7 players farming
6 players grinding
5 golden rings
4 rangers shooting
3 hunters helping
2 forces gloating
1 dark falz exploding
and a partridge and a pair tree

sorry couldnt help it ive wanted to do this the first time a seen this thread lol

Awsome.

I still have no idea whats wrong with my DS though....
It will suck if I have to replace it, which I CAN'T do until around Christmas. So I may start a bit late......

FeiRayne
Nov 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
Ouch Rauga, I hope you're able to figure out what's wrong with your DS. Hopefully nothing serious. If you have to start late though I'm sure we'll all be here and I'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand if needed. =3

Kinako78
Nov 8, 2009, 12:39 PM
*waves around Summit Moon* Still can't beat me. 8-)

*shows off Cross Scar* ...ok, so that was far from being the rarest weapon in the game, but it was my favorite, so :p

FeiRayne
Nov 8, 2009, 12:55 PM
Cross Scar was awesome looking, can't argue that. X3

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
*shows off Cross Scar* ...ok, so that was far from being the rarest weapon in the game, but it was my favorite, so :p

dude awesome ive always been a fan of the twin dagger action