PDA

View Full Version : Any room for DLC missions?

Itchee
Nov 8, 2009, 11:10 AM
Just curious if anyone who played the JP version noticed room available for DLC (multiplayer missions, ect)? Am I wrong to think PSZ will have regularly updated content/servers in the vein of PSO??
Dunno....just wondering....

Evicous
Nov 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
One Reason they won't do it: The majority of DS players don't have the DSi, so their games can't be updated with the new missions. (unless the developers left space on the cartridge but that just seems silly.)

One Reason they will do it: The poll for the classic level of PSO on PS0 they never had proves that they have the intention of having DLC missions.

Another Reason they will do it: I'm sure that DLC Missions a DSi owner has could easily be temporarily transferred over to a DS owner's cart when in a multiplayer game. All DS owners would have to do is find someone with a DSi, and get in a multiplayer game and have the data for the mission saved on their own carts until the system shuts off and the system memory wipes.

Akaimizu
Nov 8, 2009, 11:50 AM
It's likely not going to happen. However, the game does contain more randomization of stuff, than in the past. That alone, sort of keeps the idea of many level variations and random rare encounters (or random rare level portals) available. This was likely planned that way because of the lack of space for DLC.

Itchee
Nov 8, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ok, well...I suppose my next question would be, if theres no DLC planned, how much content will a person get with the game?
Granted, Im sure theres threads already talking about this...and I aploogize for not wanting to scour searches...but im curious as to how many hours of gameplay the average user can expect (...and by average, i mean, some random person who may be looking to play throu what the game offers and not necessarily grind the game out to its maximum potential like so many of us here will do...).

Evicous
Nov 8, 2009, 12:13 PM
Well, there are 14 classes in the game, 16 types of weapons with about 20 per category, about 40 armors, 100 titles to get, 100 level ups to gain, MAGs to raise, 15 quests outside of the Story quests (which can be done an infinite amount of times for each difficulty), 10 Story Quests to do (which can be done at least once for each difficulty)...

If anything the average player IS the one who will grind this game to its maximum potential. Anyone and everyone who plays will have wildly different play times so there is no way to average it out, in my mind.

Itchee
Nov 8, 2009, 12:56 PM
Ah, I see.

Fry_Heit
Nov 8, 2009, 01:04 PM
New Quests could have happened... Just think about Professor Layton which gets an extra enigma every week or so. But Sega didn't plan any DLC, so we won't get any :/.

Niered
Nov 8, 2009, 01:22 PM
New Quests could have happened... Just think about Professor Layton which gets an extra enigma every week or so. But Sega didn't plan any DLC, so we won't get any :/.

That is a terrible example.

In laytons case, all of the information is already there, the puzzle elements are just being reorganized. You are not getting anything new, you are simply getting new layouts.

For PSZ, it would be a bit more of a stretch. This is more of a hardware limitation for the DS than it is an issue with sega. New quests would have required considerable amounts of space (Central Dome Fire Swirl took up like a quarter of my VMU in the DC days) so honestly, your kidding yourself if you actually though we'd get DLC.

Dragwind
Nov 8, 2009, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't count on any updates of any sort for this game. The content will last as long as you make it, but if you grind it out I'm assuming you could get everything in the game in a couple hundred hours.

Java378
Nov 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
I heard they would have a poll for the extra mission, but I could never have that info form gamefaqs confirmed.

Niered
Nov 8, 2009, 05:43 PM
I heard they would have a poll for the extra mission, but I could never have that info form gamefaqs confirmed.

People keep mentioning this but they don't always seem to know the whole story.

The fact is, that poll, if it ever comes to fruition, is for Phantasy Star Zero MINI. Not PSZ. Its DLC for the demo version of PSZ, the version you can only get with a DSi.

Chozobill
Nov 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
Do the PSZ mini games transfer anything over to the PSZ catridge?

Mike
Nov 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
Do the PSZ mini games transfer anything over to the PSZ catridge?
No. It transfers nothing. In Japan, there was a mini game released on cell phones that if the combined point total of all the players reached a certain amount, a password that was already hacked out earlier would be officially released but PS0 carts take no direct input from anything but the player.