PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Release.

xBladeM6x
Nov 9, 2009, 01:15 AM
Now, this sounds like an odd mixture, but for those of you who are getting Modern Warfare 2 at the midnight release later tonight, you can also pick up PSZ while you are there.

Perhaps you can be very sneaky and just go there for PSZ only. XD

Zero Revenge
Nov 9, 2009, 01:21 AM
LOL. I might have to do that.

Wait on line, and ask for PSZ.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 9, 2009, 01:26 AM
LOL. I might have to do that.

Wait on line, and ask for PSZ.

That'd be HILARIOUS! An if they ask you "Why not Modern Warfare 2?" get the crowd riled up by saying "Because Bad Company 2 will make MW2 it's love slave!". Don't forget to add "SWORD FISH!" at the end of the purchase and run out laughing. Groucho Marx would have wanted it that way.

xSHiNOx
Nov 9, 2009, 01:43 AM
there is a exact same topic about a midnight release and how people would be waiting for CoD. we all saying it would be funny if someone went in and got psz and yelled out that they got psz instead of CoD

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 01:47 AM
Even if it is unknown if PSZ would actually be in the store.

The game is SHIPPING on the 10th, that doesnt mean the UPS truck is gonna show up at midnight with it. Modern warfare has been in the stores several days now, as evidenced by its broken release date.

xBladeM6x
Nov 9, 2009, 01:55 AM
Even if it is unknown if PSZ would actually be in the store.

The game is SHIPPING on the 10th, that doesnt mean the UPS truck is gonna show up at midnight with it. Modern warfare has been in the stores several days now, as evidenced by its broken release date.
I already called my local gamestop they said that they were getting the shipment tomorrow. :\

Gives me hope, but doesn't exactly make me want to believe them. >.> Since y'know.... they're Gamestop. -_-

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure you can buy anything else at midnight release, like my friend bought his 360/Wii/PS3 on the day they came out and we couldn't buy anything else when we went there. :P

EDIT: Beside a controller and a game of course. >_>;

... But yeah, consoles are different.

tl;dr If you show up at MW2's midnight release I don't think you can buy any other game. (Not 100% sure.)

Java378
Nov 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
I'll try it.

landman
Nov 9, 2009, 10:06 AM
Huh, in my coutry the game is sold the day it arrives at the store, a friend already has since Saturday his night vision goggles with his modern warfare 2, and they are real, not a toy as I thought they would be lol Sadly, Sega games come a week later thanks to it's poor distribution (unless it's a sonic game of course xD)

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 9, 2009, 01:24 PM
Less than 24 hours people. GET HYPED.

RedSwirl
Nov 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
I'll probably just drop in on Wednesday. I was going to get MW2 until they dropped dedicated servers from it and went to further lengths to blow off the PC version.

Just more time for PSZ though, glad to see MW2's release isn't going to completely smother this game.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hey, I'm working the midnight shift at my local Gamestop. I'm going to recommend PSZ to each customer coming in to pick up their MW2. I'll tell them it's the best DS game there is and that it has free only multiplayer capabilities. I support SEGA even though I feel like I've been royally screwed on the PSU PC server I do not blame you anymore lol!!! Actually, I had a nice chat with "Clumsyorchid" at the PSZ SEGA Event and it really isn't SEGA's fault!

Donnikun
Nov 9, 2009, 05:37 PM
uh, is gamestop gonna be open on verterans day? i think they would be. Also i hear that PSZ ships the 10th, so ideally we can get it morning of the 11th if gamestop is open veterands day, should be open. The thing is MW2 were shipped prior to the 10th, for the midnight release, with some of those major titles they ship those a week early, with a street date, meaning they get the packages and hold em until the actual release day. However with commonplace titles, that dont have quite the level of hype, they ship them on the release day usually meaning they are avilable the next day, when i preordered Final Fantasy Crystal Chrinicles: Echos of Time, i did not get to pick it up until the day after its release date, in fact thinking back on it, it may actually have been 2 days after, thats why im gonna be calling gamestop late tommorow and early wedensday. i know this week i can get it either wed, thur, or sat. i just gotta find out when my gamestop recieves it.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
The gamestop I work at has PSZ, we have to get games several days, even a week, ahead of time. Unforunately this midnight event, like every other gamestop midnight event, isn't an open shop. You must come in at 10 PM to finalize, meaning pay off your pre order, then we let people in in small numbers at 12 to pick up their game only. But I'll still recomend PSZ for all to buy some other time.

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
The gamestop I work at has PSZ, we have to get games several days, even a week, ahead of time. Unforunately this midnight event, like every other gamestop midnight event, isn't an open shop. You must come in at 10 PM to finalize, meaning pay off your pre order, then we let people in in small numbers at 12 to pick up their game only. But I'll still recomend PSZ for all to buy some other time.

What. The. Hell.

So...Sega tells all the retailers and websites that the shipping date is the 10th. RubyEclipse gets on here and says the exact same thing, and the website even says we shouldn't expect to have the game until the 12th as thats the "In-stores" date.

Thats a clusterfuck of misinformation. Whatever, at least were basically guaranteed the game tomorrow at this point.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
lol I called my boss to ask him, since he's the only one that can know what's in the boxes in the back room... even though he'll tell you if you asked him. Well that's why I made that first post. He called me back just now and told me that it was just the strategy guides lol

But that doesn't mean that they're still not there, after the MW2 event tonight we're restocking for tomorrow. Meaning putting MW2 and other various games that are supposed to be out tomorrow on the shelves. I've never seen a game state that it was coming out on a certain date and then not have it there when doing the restocking the night before.

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wait...so you dont have the game, you only have the strategy guides?

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 06:03 PM
Then the game should be there tomorrow, with the normal Tuesday delivery.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 06:06 PM
well guys, I can't say anything for certain til after midnight tonight in which it may not matter anymore. And yes we do get most of our shipments on tuesdays, but I've never seen things come in during the day they were supposed to come out. That would be very unprofessional for a game to come out late on it's release day lol

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 06:08 PM
So freaking hyped!

-gets drunk-

-goes to bed early-

:P

(Just kidding btw, I hope.)

Niered
Nov 9, 2009, 06:10 PM
But, once again, its not its release date, its the shipping date. There really isnt a "release date" apart from the "In stores november 12th" thing.

Still, at this point I would be surprised if its not at most retailers tomorrow.

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
My question is, do stores receive shipments on Thursday? Excuse me for my ignorance. :P

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
Hey, think of it like this. Upon the off chance that they don't have it tomorrow, what's one more day in the lines of months you've all waited for it. And believe me it's worth the money, especially if you gather plenty of friend codes on these forums I guess and find a wifi spot.

Arikado
Nov 9, 2009, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah i'm one of those that don't care waiting for another day or two but it would surprise me considering i've been able to get most of my titles this year, on the day they came out, outside of the states, so I don't see why PSZ would be any different.

Endu_Landale
Nov 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well I know that gamestops an wal marts receive shipments on tuesdays, however recently we've been getting lots of packages about every other day. But that's prolly mainly cause of the massive ammounts of preorders from DA:O, COD:MW2, AC2, and L4D2.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 9, 2009, 07:58 PM
My question is, do stores receive shipments on Thursday? Excuse me for my ignorance. :P

I spoke to a UPS driver in the mall not 45 minutes ago. He confirmed that they WILL be making deliveries on Wendsday Veterens Day. So if it ships tomorrow, there's a large chance it'll be there on Wendsday.

ARASHIKAGE
Nov 9, 2009, 08:21 PM
I called up my Gamestop to confirm this and it's a no go. Because PSZ ships on the 10th, it wont be avalible untill the 11th.

I was all ready to go down there and wait in line with the CoD MW croud. But it's ok, I'm not about to go into cryo freeze for a day n a half. Or am I....?

No, I'm not.

kirtblue
Nov 9, 2009, 08:30 PM
damn damn damn well i guess its time to get really really really drunk stumble the 3 miles to gamestop and passout in a pile of blood piss and vomit and not wake up till the 11th

PALRAPPYS
Nov 9, 2009, 08:33 PM
You know you guys might still wanna check tomorrow if they have it. All the games I've bought recently have been coming in early or on the release date; and they're not necessarily popular either. Not trying to get your hopes up, but don't get them down either.

TheRealFlow
Nov 9, 2009, 08:35 PM
My gamestop said I'll be able to pick up my copy of PSZ on the 11th, I wish I could get it tonight.... =(

Endu_Landale
Nov 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
Well I got back from working the midnight shift at 2:20 this morning and the only new game I saw was Modern Warfare 2... which is still awesome, but it's no phantasy star :p